Welcome, Guest

The Road to Lizhensk
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: The Road to Lizhensk 17184 Views

Re: The Road to Lizhensk 04 May 2014 18:33 #231137

• TehillimZugger
  • Platinum Boarder
  • לבד הנשמה הטהורה
Ich hub dee voch getrinken millech fin ah dinover kee. S'iz nisht gevehn pasteurized "udder" homogenized udder anything else. S'iz gevehn frish finnem kee. Ich hub ess getrinken in Sanz in oich in Dinov alien. In Lizhensk hub ich nisht getrinken kein millech ubber ich hub inzinen gehat dee gantze chooshiven tzibbir.
?דער באשעפער לאווט מיך אייביג. וויפיל לאוו איך עהם
My Creator loves me at all times. How great is my love for him?

Re: The Road to Lizhensk 05 May 2014 09:32 #231152

• shivisi
  • Current streak: 193 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Einer fin de frierdiger Rebbes, ven m'hot em gefregt fin vus hot er parnussa?, hot er gezugt "Ich Hub tzvei KEEIN" -

כי בשם קדשו בטחנו
כי מעולם קוינו לך

ויש גורסים בנוסח זה:
כי הוא קל זן ומפרנס לכל
כי לעולם חסדו
Last Edit: 05 May 2014 09:35 by shivisi.

Re: The Road to Lizhensk 05 May 2014 18:18 #231165

shivisi wrote:
Einer fin de frierdiger Rebbes, ven m'hot em gefregt fin vus hot er parnussa?, hot er gezugt "Ich Hub tzvei KEEIN" -

כי בשם קדשו בטחנו
כי מעולם קוינו לך

ויש גורסים בנוסח זה:
כי הוא קל זן ומפרנס לכל
כי לעולם חסדו

ואני ראיתי (בסידור ע"ט לנשים) נוסח אחר
כי בו ישמח לבנו
כי בשם קדשו בטחנו

Re: The Road to Lizhensk 05 May 2014 19:11 #231175

• gevura shebyesod
  • Current streak: 1226 days
  • Platinum Boarder
!הוֹדוּ לַה' כִּי טוֹב כִּי לְעוֹלָם חַסְדּוֹ
!אנא עבדא דקודשא בריך הוא

וּבְיָדְךָ כֹּחַ וּגְבוּרָה וּבְיָדְךָ לְגַדֵּל וּלְחַזֵּק לַכֹּל

"If it would be so easy there wouldn't be a GYE, but if it would be impossible there also wouldn't be a GYE."
"Sometimes a hard decision leads to an easier outcome."
- General Grant

My story: guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/111583-hello-my-friends

Re: The Road to Lizhensk 11 May 2014 03:39 #231492

• kilochalu
  • Platinum Boarder
(408) שזהו שווה בגימטריא לצום קול ממון כמבואר במקום אחר ודו''ק
Last Edit: 11 May 2014 03:40 by kilochalu.

Re: The Road to Lizhensk 28 Aug 2014 20:37 #238194

• lizhensk
  • Platinum Boarder
  • You never heard of Rebbes making sholom?
I haven't posted on here in a while, but i was thinking of something on the way home today, so i decided to post it here.

I still am plagued by the unfairness of my situation. I am an addict and can never take my first sip of "alcohol". On top of that there are other things that seem unfair. My wife is incapable of passing certain levels in intimacy, and I have other situations that when I look at other people I cannot help but feel a twinge (ok, maybe a little more then a twinge) of jealousy.

Today I was walking home and thought of the recent events going on around where I live in Eretz Yisroel. The three kidnapped bochurim, the rockets flying at all those towns in the south (some made it here to Yerushalayim too and I know how it feels to have to run to a shelter, I can't imagine doing that 50-100 times a day). the war, the soldiers going to fight, the wounded soldiers, the soldiers who were killed nebach ר"ל, and now the most recent: the missing Bochur who was found dead this afternoon.

It's pretty scary and when thinking about it, another story that i witnessed came to mind: I was a staff member in Camp Simcha for a few years. On the last night of camp, after all the campers are sleeping, there is a staff meeting by which all the staff have a chance to share their most inspiring experiences of that summer. One year, a counselor got up and asked "Why them!? why do they have to suffer all their pain? and why don't we?" and he answered by relating how 2 of his friends were driving together on their way from New York to the mountains when suddenly the car flipped over. The driver was immediately killed. The passenger walked away with barely a scratch. The counselor finished off by saying "I don't know why them, and I also don't know why 2 people sitting less then a foot away from each other in a car can have such polar opposite outcomes. But, what I DO know, and what I DID realize is that Hashem must have a chashbon".

Through the terrible recent times, we can ask "why them?" and through our terrible addiction we can ask "Why us!?". And with the most recent story again, the Bochur that survived that hike can ask the same question.

The truth is, I don't know why. And I also don't need to. Because what all this shows us is that Hashem must have a cheshbon. Chances don't happen with such polar opposites. It doesn't happen with one surviving without a scratch and the other having the most terrible outcome.
Life is Like a Bicycle: If its easy, you're going downhill
Hashem, If I can't have what I want, then please teach me to want what I have -Unknown (and if u know who it was please inform me)
(1+2)x4=3
There is NOTHING wrong with feeling pain -My Sponsor
I will not act out today, I will tomorrow. Maybe when I get to tomorrow, it will again be 'today'

Re: The Road to Lizhensk 28 Aug 2014 20:55 #238195

• lavi
  • Platinum Boarder
thanks,
i heard that most "why" questions, aren't really looking for a logical answer, rather they are a way of expressing frustrations.
i love you all

Re: The Road to Lizhensk 28 Aug 2014 22:11 #238206

• gibbor120
  • Platinum Boarder
  • NEVER EVER GIVE UP!
Yes, and reminding ourselves of the lessons that Lizhensk wrote of so beautifully, is a way to alleviate those frustrations. I forget often. Thanks for the reminder!

Re: The Road to Lizhensk 28 Aug 2014 22:31 #238218

• cordnoy
Please don't be a stranger.
you write so well and clear.
We need you around here.
Thanks for that post.

b'hatzlachah
My email: thenewme613@hotmail.com
My threads: Mikvah Night - Page 1Page 2Page 3Last Page

https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/1-Break-Free/210029-Tryin
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!
My job: Punchin' bag of GYE - "NeshamaInCharge"
Quote from the chevra: "Is Cordnoy truly a Treasure Island pirate from the Southern Seas?"

MY POSTS ARE NOT WRITTEN AS A MODERATOR UNLESS EXPLICITLY STATED.

Re: The Road to Lizhensk 28 Aug 2014 22:39 #238221

• lizhensk
  • Platinum Boarder
I'd like to add another thought...

When the first siren rang in Yerushalayim, alot of Americans started thinking of leaving the zman early and going back to America. I spoke to my wife about it, who in turn mentioned it to my Shvigger. I told her that if Hashem wants tot get us, he's gonna get us in New York too. And if he doesn't, then no amount of Hamas, Hezbollah, PLO, Islamic Jihad etc etc etc etc can get to us. Everything has a reason. And everyONE has a reason. We don't now why, how, when, but I DO know that there is a reason and that's all I need.
Hashem, If I can't have what I want, then please teach me to want what I have -Unknown (and if u know who it was please inform me)
(1+2)x4=3
I will not act out today, I will tomorrow. Maybe when I get to tomorrow, it will again be 'today'

Re: The Road to Lizhensk 28 Aug 2014 22:42 #238222

• TehillimZugger
  • Platinum Boarder
  • לבד הנשמה הטהורה
Yesh chiyuv lehizaher min sakana
Keivun shnitan reshus lamazik eino mavchin bein tzaddik larasha

Re: The Road to Lizhensk 28 Aug 2014 22:42 #238223

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
thank you for sharing those beautiful thoughts
Sometimes life is like tuna with not enough mayonaise
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

The reason I'm acting as if I'm pregnant, is because I'm expecting. I should be accepting.
~TZ

Re: The Road to Lizhensk 28 Aug 2014 22:43 #238224

• TehillimZugger
  • Platinum Boarder
  • לבד הנשמה הטהורה
Oh and regards to your shvigger

Re: The Road to Lizhensk 28 Aug 2014 22:50 #238227

• lizhensk
  • Platinum Boarder
TehillimZugger wrote:
Yesh chiyuv lehizaher min sakana
Keivun shnitan reshus lamazik eino mavchin bein tzaddik larasha

עיין בתשובות הרי"ב בענין זה שהוא מביא מרבו הגרי"ב שאין צריכים לללכת לחדר ממ"ד בירושלים משום שהמצב הוא בגדר ספק ספק ספק ספק ספק ספק ספק ספיקה
(1+2)x4=3

Re: The Road to Lizhensk 29 Aug 2014 01:02 #238232

• dms1234
  • Current streak: 767 days
  • Platinum Boarder
YAYAYAYAYA! Lizzy you're back!!!!!!!!!!!

So nu, how are you going to internalize what you said? How will you use it and stop hampering everything on your dear wife ( )?
I am happy to speak on the phone. Please email me at dms1234ongye@gmail.com

My name is Daniel, I go to face to face meetings and I work the 12 steps with a sponsor. 
Time to create page: 0.67 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes