Welcome, Guest

laughingman tries to count to 90........
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: laughingman tries to count to 90........ 120925 Views

Re: laughingman tries to count to 90........ 03 Jul 2014 20:09 #234579

• laughingman
  • Platinum Boarder
I have been thinking alot on how simply being here here has helped shape my feelings about things .....i feel that all the guys that are here who have made progress are exactly what living is about ......self improvement......and being able to try to deal with the fact that we arent perfect

Re: laughingman tries to count to 90........ 12 Jul 2014 22:54 #235029

• laughingman
  • Platinum Boarder
Still going through things ....but im hanging on meanwhile .......we live in insane times .....moshiach must be right around the corner .....

Our triggers ....multiply....so should our strength......

Re: laughingman tries to count to 90........ 13 Jul 2014 00:31 #235030

• ewards
  • Current streak: 6 days
  • Expert Boarder
  • HEY
well gosh it is quite on here to day . You know that since i have been on here i am looking at things or maybe its cause I've been clean 15 days differently . I was just thinking a lot i have to come to grips with if i am going to stay clean . Right now my life is good no stuff or stress ,that could change and may trigger me. I hope that u are able to hang on i do know that g-d is a big part of staying clean . If it was not for him this site and the help i have gotten from some others on here on here i would not have made it to this point and i have not come so far. I have been clean this long before but it is different this time . I am tempted a lot but i know i am never sastified . I agree we live in insane times and it is going to get worst. so i want to encourage you hang in there ,I never thought i could do what i have done I've been addicted for probably 40 years or more at this oint life is better i see things and am much more aware of my triggers things i never saw before or wanted to see just wanted to act out . hold on to g-d and one day at a time

ewards
can not figure how to get a smiley ??????

Re: laughingman tries to count to 90........ 16 Jul 2014 08:58 #235263

• laughingman
  • Platinum Boarder
Maybe it was quiet cause the worlds problems have burst our worlds .......everyone on here may feel at times like they live in a story part of a quilt of stories ....but with recent events our stories may seem irrelevant in the face of the fear of attack or even potential annihilation....but this too is yh manipulation...

On top of real fear of real things.....life for me in some ways seems stagnated

I am feeling weaker then i used to be ....i have a hard time doing anything.....i suspect i may have actually a combo of anxiety/depression/ptsd...and i continue to go undiagnosed properly qnd probably will remain so..i havent found in 8 years a therapist that was affordable (e.i. free or subsodized) and serious about helping.....

In th3 meantime i drudge on in my recovery here feeling that thanx to my anxiety but deep down i know this makes me stronger....i recently finished masechet brochot in self study....i know random i just wanted to say somewhere .......may the Holy One Blessed is he send us moshiach

Re: laughingman tries to count to 90........ 22 Jul 2014 02:23 #235650

• kilochalu
  • Platinum Boarder
amen

Re: laughingman tries to count to 90........ 24 Jul 2014 00:04 #235782

• laughingman
  • Platinum Boarder
Everyday for the past week .....i have had in my mind alot to write here ....about my recent fall .....and what i feel are the direct consequences of it .....i demand alot of myself after a fall......i pray alot of additional teffilot ....tikun clali....mikveh .....donations.....etc.....these are intended to be part of my taphsic tools and to remind myself of the very real damage of transgression....even in the face of very real progress ...i have reached a level where not looking at women in public is nearly instinctual at times .....when im in a bad mood its more glitchy but then im not payinh attn to anyone anyway.....but at home there remain two battles .....one is the net .....and that is entirely different now that i disclose to certain ppl what my searches are......and my wife who is still nearly permanently forbidden to me till further notice basically....everythings fine between us ...but shes going through alot ....and she is working on it ut testing and whatnot in medical takes a while ....but i deffinitely have gained even where i was weak ....cause another thing i have been working on is truly desiring G-ds attn...i truly begin to feel that whatever forbidden etc the sitraachra wants me to want ....closeness to Hashem is infinitely more desirable .....i even avoided a surefire fall senario after i had fallen....usually a hard time for me ......and maybe i will make it maybe i wont .....but today i choose closeness to the infinite master over fleeting chemical addiction at least alittle

Re: laughingman tries to count to 90........ 24 Jul 2014 02:20 #235822

• ineedchizuk
  • Current streak: 13 days
  • Gold Boarder
Hi Laughingman,
That was an inspiring post- thanks, and keep sharing.

Oh, and MAZEL TOV, Laughingman on your siyum masechta! !!!!!!!!

Re: laughingman tries to count to 90........ 28 Jul 2014 19:11 #236196

• laughingman
  • Platinum Boarder
I just wanted to give a glimpse at day .....yesterday i took tye kids to the park with my wife .....when we got home the house was sorta flooded .....a pipe in the floor above us burst or something and we were getting the rain down ....also the people below us .....in the past i would have let this freak me out and i would have fallen like a ton of bricks....but i didnt .....seems training has yielded one success.....i didnt get too upset and i remembered that my whe family is experiancing this together ....and i only neede to relax and take my time dealing with the damage ...no rush....baruch Hashem no electronix were damaged ...and i didnt fall ....instead i played a game ....and went to sleep....while others fight a heroic fight the allow me and others to fight a different fight ....and the world at large bellitles us both but its all in the service of our Father

Re: laughingman tries to count to 90........ 28 Jul 2014 19:29 #236199

• gevura shebyesod
  • Current streak: 1193 days
  • Platinum Boarder
May Hashem "shower" peace and serenity upon you!

KUTGW & KOMT
!אנא עבדא דקודשא בריך הוא

וּבְיָדְךָ כֹּחַ וּגְבוּרָה וּבְיָדְךָ לְגַדֵּל וּלְחַזֵּק לַכֹּל

"If it would be so easy there wouldn't be a GYE, but if it would be impossible there also wouldn't be a GYE."
"Sometimes a hard decision leads to an easier outcome."
- General Grant

My story: guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/111583-hello-my-friends

Re: laughingman tries to count to 90........ 04 Aug 2014 00:33 #236716

• laughingman
  • Platinum Boarder
Its been soo incredible ....the ups and downs ......i have sooo much happening at all times ....sometimes to trap us the yetzer ra shows us "dead moshe" .....a senario that makes being good seem hopeless ...like in the desert by har sinai ....the only way to bring the jews down was to show dead moshe ......and make them hopeless....but G-d is personal ...2hat the yetz3r doesnt say is that this will bring more tikun to do ....but it will be done ....eventually ....even by force....teshuva can sometimes reverse or fullfill a tikun need .....thags why its there .....i have continued to fight even if i failed .....cause while failing changes my chart it doesnt change all my progress entirely ....those clean times are mine.....and other times where i am stronger cout too.....May Hashem forgive all our transgressions here even if we only spoke of them here because we admit there is a problem

Re: laughingman tries to count to 90........ 04 Aug 2014 00:55 #236720

• cordnoy
Reb Yisroel Salanter writes that in every person there is contained two yetzer haras; one is a natural one and the other is a spiritual one. The spiritual yetzer hara is the power of tumah from a malach or a messenger whose primary purpose is to seduce the person to commit aveiros. The natural yetzer hara is the powers of desire which is engrained and embodied in a person, for by himself, he has tendencies for such things – even without any outside influences.

He notes that there are differences between the two.

The Medrash says that at the time of the Revelation at Sinai, the yetzer hara was removed from their hearts. Rabbi Friedlander writes that this refers to the natural yetzer hara. After the forty days – when Moshe still did not descend, they began to doubt the authenticity of Moshe. The spiritual yetzer hara was able then to ‘kriech arein’ into Klal Yisroel and cause them to stumble. This, he accomplished, by showing them ‘Moshe’s bed (coffin),’ and this resulted in the sin of the Golden Calf.

When a person is on a lofty level, he does not need to combat his natural yetzer hara, for that has been removed from him. However, the spiritual yetzer hara looks for a crack in his armor, and when he finds it, he pelts him with whatever ammunition he has at his disposal.
My email: thenewme613@hotmail.com
My threads: Mikvah Night - Page 1Page 2Page 3Last Page

https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/1-Break-Free/210029-Tryin
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!
My job: Punchin' bag of GYE - "NeshamaInCharge"
Quote from the chevra: "Is Cordnoy truly a Treasure Island pirate from the Southern Seas?"

MY POSTS ARE NOT WRITTEN AS A MODERATOR UNLESS EXPLICITLY STATED.
Last Edit: 04 Aug 2014 00:58 by cordnoy.

Re: laughingman tries to count to 90........ 04 Aug 2014 01:10 #236722

• ineedchizuk
  • Gold Boarder
Cordnoy, what with all this Torah stuff- what's 'krieching' into you?? :-)

...That was a beautiful tzushtel!

So, according to R' Friedlander, there's a special yetzer hara for yiush/ depression?

Re: laughingman tries to count to 90........ 04 Aug 2014 01:14 #236724

• cordnoy
Yep; I knew that was comin'.
I just couldn't pass it up.

Quote from the chevra: "Is Cordnoy truly a Treasure Island pirate from the Southern Seas?"

Re: laughingman tries to count to 90........ 04 Aug 2014 01:23 #236728

• ineedchizuk
  • Gold Boarder
So keep 'em comin'.

Re: laughingman tries to count to 90........ 04 Aug 2014 01:26 #236729

• cordnoy
Don't push it!
Next you'll tell me you wanna know what the differences are and how he explains how our generation is able to bring about the geulah when our predecessors could not.

Time to create page: 0.57 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes