Welcome, Guest

laughingman tries to count to 90........
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: laughingman tries to count to 90........ 120922 Views

Re: laughingman tries to count to 90........ 30 Jan 2014 03:20 #227151

• Larry
  • Current streak: 7 days
  • Expert Boarder
Gevura Shebyesod wrote:
We are with you. Refua Sheleima and Hatzlacha in all things.
Awmein to this.

Re: laughingman tries to count to 90........ 30 Jan 2014 10:15 #227171

• Dov
  • Administrator
Hey, laughingman guy, do you know how to PM here on GYE?
"Off the 18-wheeler and fine on this tricycle!", "I do not particularly care exactly which "lav" suicide is. I'm not interested in it for other reasons...and you are probably the same."

Re: laughingman tries to count to 90........ 05 Feb 2014 12:19 #227387

• yehoshua
  • Current streak: 14 days
  • Gold Boarder
Do you mean as in PM=Power management (ability of some devices to reduce energy consumption)!? I thought that only aplies to devices?

Re: laughingman tries to count to 90........ 07 Feb 2014 10:44 #227465

• Dov
  • Administrator
PM...personal message.

Oh, you were kidding...

"Off the 18-wheeler and fine on this tricycle!", "I do not particularly care exactly which "lav" suicide is. I'm not interested in it for other reasons...and you are probably the same."

Re: laughingman tries to count to 90........ 07 Feb 2014 14:49 #227469

• yehoshua
  • Gold Boarder
ok nobody is laughing.... ha ha ha....

Re: laughingman tries to count to 90........ 07 Feb 2014 14:51 #227470

• laughingman
  • Platinum Boarder
Added my contact info to partner/sponser program.....i hope that works out soon....

I recently have been having a more difficult struggle with my yetzer than before .....no falls though ....i am adhearing to tye guidelines i have set for myself ....

Just i have had more thoughts lately ....and i havent really done anything lately but had days and days of routine....coupled with lots of new debts ....buisness is slow of late ....for everyone in my field it would seem .....

Yet i battle on ....hoping that He will shine mercy on me even though i dont always come through 100% because whether i am or not He is still my Father in heaven who is unlimited....i am writing this more to remind myself of chizuk than other reason.....i just keep going

Re: laughingman tries to count to 90........ 07 Feb 2014 23:16 #227479

• Dov
  • Administrator
Geval, chaver, Hashem will help you and give you hatzlocha rabbah in your parnossah and with your feelings about it, too, Amen.

Re: laughingman tries to count to 90........ 07 Feb 2014 23:17 #227480

• Dov
  • Administrator
yehoshua wrote:
ok nobody is laughing.... ha ha ha....

...well...at least I'm laughing...and apparently Laughingman needs to laugh, cuz that's his name!

Re: laughingman tries to count to 90........ 08 Feb 2014 01:47 #227494

• gevura shebyesod
  • Current streak: 1193 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Oh, I always thought it stood for Powerlessness Management.
!אנא עבדא דקודשא בריך הוא

וּבְיָדְךָ כֹּחַ וּגְבוּרָה וּבְיָדְךָ לְגַדֵּל וּלְחַזֵּק לַכֹּל

"If it would be so easy there wouldn't be a GYE, but if it would be impossible there also wouldn't be a GYE."
"Sometimes a hard decision leads to an easier outcome."
- General Grant

My story: guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/111583-hello-my-friends

Re: laughingman tries to count to 90........ 11 Feb 2014 04:42 #227578

• laughingman
  • Platinum Boarder
Had a massively depressive falling episode ......

Right at the end of shovavim too

Oh well.....back on the way up .....i have set up something that will remind me of this resent setback and hopefully prevent future failure

Re: laughingman tries to count to 90........ 11 Feb 2014 12:54 #227594

• yehoshua
  • Gold Boarder
Fell schmell...

No one can take away those sober days that you had. And you are sober now, and no one can take that away. And no one can take away your courage to post on you fall. That is not easy.
That is a good reminder, your courage.

All the best to you.

Re: laughingman tries to count to 90........ 14 Feb 2014 23:36 #227697

• Dov
  • Administrator
Sweet honesty, man. Hope you keep that here, and have a good Shabbos.

Re: laughingman tries to count to 90........ 20 Feb 2014 03:10 #227940

• laughingman
  • Platinum Boarder
First of all im happy that im still sober ......

I think as i look back at my beginning posts and my evolution through this forum from a person battling basic desire overdrive to a person facing a unique situation and battling what could potentially fly out of control to a full on addiction day and night .....i start to appreciate where i am and really the phrase "bleesed is He who seperated us from the ones who err" .....

I mean it could have been instead that G-d forbid i had no family and therefore no incentive to try and be a better person at first ..

Well maybe not 0 but the point is i might not have been where i am now ....acknowledging i have to deal with this and continue climbing ...i have on record more days good then not and though mybyear could have been better it was successful in showing what progress can be made even when there are problems.....now to translate that into more clean days ....

Update on my wife.....we so far have been steered toward the understanding that this is an autoimmune illness...but i believe that besides that she has at least 2 other illnesses which are combined currently making physical contact nigh imposssible

But at least it doesnt seem to be deadly...but it is ver painful

Re: laughingman tries to count to 90........ 20 Feb 2014 05:01 #227948

• Dov
  • Administrator
Sometimes being sober is the only nechomah an addict can have. But soon may you have many other nechamos, and refuos. You are a good man, (whatever your name is).

- Dov

Re: laughingman tries to count to 90........ 21 Feb 2014 15:04 #228027

• laughingman
  • Platinum Boarder
Lately i have been trying to talk to more people here or rather they try to talk to me ....its sometimes difficult to maintain a conversation chat at the pace people usually expect cuae alot of time i just am doing something else.....
Time to create page: 0.49 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes