Welcome, Guest

Hashem, please open up the road for me!!!
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Hashem, please open up the road for me!!! 102862 Views

Re: Hashem, please open up the road for me!!! 23 Jun 2015 17:53 #257506

• shlomo613
  • Current streak: 32 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Thanks Cordnoy, I feel normal. That's all I can say.
I can't indulge in looking - much as a large part of me wishes I could - because then I'd be right back where I started.

Re: Hashem, please open up the road for me!!! 24 Jun 2015 22:18 #257656

• shlomo613
  • Current streak: 32 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Pischo,
Mazal tov on 90 days!!! You made it!!!!!!!!
Wowwee!!
Well done!
Long may it continue. And whatever happens now you know you've done 90 days under your belt. You can do it!
So hatzlacha my friend and may Hashem see fit to spare you from nisayon, and give you the koa'ch, the ratzon and the ability to succeed in that which you have to go through. And may you enjoy every step of the way.
If the villa ga'on cried when he was about to leave this world about the lost opportunity of tzitzis, imagine what a beautiful priceless opportunity we are being given every day. We should be so happy we dance.
Your buddy,
Shlomo

Re: Hashem, please open up the road for me!!! 24 Jun 2015 23:58 #257663

• yiraishamaim
  • Platinum Boarder
dittos to what shlomo613 wrote

a beautiful heartfelt post.

so happy for you,

hazorim bedimah berinah yitzsoru

Re: Hashem, please open up the road for me!!! 25 Jun 2015 00:23 #257670

• cordnoy
shlomo613 wrote:
Thanks Cordnoy, I feel normal. That's all I can say.
I can't indulge in looking - much as a large part of me wishes I could - because then I'd be right back where I started.

I was actually congratulating the author of this thread but kudos to you as well. Well done and still doing.

Does anyone mind that the g sneaks in when I am posting from my phone?
My email: thenewme613@hotmail.com
My threads: Mikvah Night - Page 1Page 2Page 3Last Page

https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/1-Break-Free/210029-Tryin
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!
My job: Punchin' bag of GYE - "NeshamaInCharge"
Quote from the chevra: "Is Cordnoy truly a Treasure Island pirate from the Southern Seas?"

MY POSTS ARE NOT WRITTEN AS A MODERATOR UNLESS EXPLICITLY STATED.

Re: Hashem, please open up the road for me!!! 25 Jun 2015 00:48 #257674

• serenity
  • Platinum Boarder
  • "ONE DAY AT A TIME"
Mazel Tov on your three month celebration! This is a wonderful mile stone as you are already aware. May you go from strength to strength or from surrender to surrender as the case may be!

Hatzlacha!
Much Hatzlacha!

My Threads:
Glad to be here
Don't slip it hurts
Lions & Tigers & Internet, Oh My!

--"ולא המדרש עיקר, אלא המעשה"
--"To promise not to do a thing is the surest way in the world to make a body want to go and do that very thing." Mark Twain
--"If, when you honestly want to, you find you cannot quit entirely, or if when drinking (or lusting), you have little control over the amount you take, you are probably alcoholic (or sexaholic)." AA Big Book P. 45. Parenthesis added.
--You hit rock bottom when you decide to stop digging.

Re: Hashem, please open up the road for me!!! 25 Jun 2015 17:07 #257745

Dear friends,
Thank you so much for all your warm wishes. Now that I am at 90, I realize that in fact the only thing that has changed is that I no longer have the excuse that this is too hard for me. But in reality, it is just as impossible for me to fight this Y"H now as it was before. The only way I can survive is to remain vigilant in learning, davening and strengthening my relationship with HKB"H and to constantly beg him to protect me from lust. I must also be vigilant forever to avoid the first drink because it will kill me.

Re: Hashem, please open up the road for me!!! 25 Jun 2015 18:12 #257753

• serenity
  • Platinum Boarder
  • "ONE DAY AT A TIME"
And use the other tools available to you of course.
Much Hatzlacha!

My Threads:
Glad to be here
Don't slip it hurts

--"To promise not to do a thing is the surest way in the world to make a body want to go and do that very thing." Mark Twain
--"If, when you honestly want to, you find you cannot quit entirely, or if when drinking (or lusting), you have little control over the amount you take, you are probably alcoholic (or sexaholic)." AA Big Book P. 45. Parenthesis added.

Re: Hashem, please open up the road for me!!! 25 Jun 2015 18:32 #257758

serenity wrote:
And use the other tools available to you of course.

Of course and amongst them, staying in touch with my wonderful friends here on GYE. Thank you Serenity for your constant encouragement.

Re: Hashem, please open up the road for me!!! 25 Jun 2015 19:46 #257772

• gibbor120
  • Platinum Boarder
  • NEVER EVER GIVE UP!
MAZAL TOV my friend!

Re: Hashem, please open up the road for me!!! 25 Jun 2015 20:22 #257780

• lomed
  • Gold Boarder
Mazel tov Mazel tov! Mat you have many more clean days and months coming forward. Just bear in mind that the challenge is far from over. We cannot put down our weapons, and victory is the only acceptable way on this battle.

Hatzlacha
I currently attend live SA meetings. Feel free to reach out to me.

Re: Hashem, please open up the road for me!!! 26 Jun 2015 14:10 #257849

A Gutten Erev Shabbos!
Friday is a nisayon day for me. I made up my mind that I must leave my office 2 hours before early Shabbos and be in Shul 1 hour before Shabbos.
For the past 2 weeks, the Y"H distracted me Friday afternoon and made me late. This week I told my children to harrass me at my office until I come home starting at 5PM.
May HKB"H grant me the Erev Shabbos that I so desire so I can come into Shabbos like a mentsch!

Re: Hashem, please open up the road for me!!! 26 Jun 2015 16:03 #257861

• serenity
  • Platinum Boarder
  • "ONE DAY AT A TIME"
I can totally relate to that and I can say that by the chesed of Hashem I've come into Shabboss like a mentsch for 8 months now, after not having done so for many many years.
Much Hatzlacha!

My Threads:
Glad to be here
Don't slip it hurts

Last Edit: 26 Jun 2015 16:10 by serenity.

Re: Hashem, please open up the road for me!!! 29 Jun 2015 00:58 #257998

• dd
  • Platinum Boarder
  • כל זמן שהנשמה בקרבי מודה אני לפניך
Mazel tov!!!!

KOMT and KOP!!!

Re: Hashem, please open up the road for me!!! 29 Jun 2015 14:44 #258042

Thank you so much for your chizzuk. As I start another work week, I daven to HKB"H to protect me from lust because I am powerless over it.
I read Alex Eliezer's story thanks to Shlomo613 who revived it and learnt from AE that I cannot even sip or even sniff lust or I will have to suffer the severe struggle to break free all over again.
I also learnt from Dov yesterday that humility means admitting to myself that I cannot allow myself to even read a news item or anything that I don't need immediately for business that might even have a remote chance of triggering me or leading to a triggering situation.
NO INTERNET FOR ENTERTAINMENT PERIOD!! No Facebook, No Vosizneis, No Arutz Sheva No Simcha Spot, No YWN, NOTHING ..!!
Now back to Facebook...Just Kidding

Re: Hashem, please open up the road for me!!! 29 Jun 2015 15:00 #258045

• yiraishamaim
  • Platinum Boarder
yeah I remember when I came to the realization how much I must cut out of my life.

But all these no's pale in comparison to the feel of Sobriey.

I see from your posts how many people you mention by name from whom you have learned from. You are very appreciative and are proud to show it.

That's humility. Which is the root cause of so much good, success and inner happiness.

I don't know if you realize that you yourself are such an inspiration.

Thank you for being you.
Time to create page: 0.59 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes