Welcome, Guest

hello everybody!
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: hello everybody! 106740 Views

Re: hello everybody! 18 Jun 2013 01:26 #209580

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
to explain the omek divrei elokim chaim of Mr.E:
according to R' Akiva Tatz, 'Here' is the epitomy of spirituality, Eretz is from the lashon of ritzah, running, pursuing a goal. Shamayim is from the lashon of sham, there, the arrival at the goal. vedok. maybe
Sometimes life is like tuna with not enough mayonaise
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

The reason I'm acting as if I'm pregnant, is because I'm expecting. I should be accepting.
~TZ

Re: hello everybody! 25 Jun 2013 17:14 #210264

• TehillimZugger
  • Platinum Boarder
  • לבד הנשמה הטהורה
I'm back for a week.
?דער באשעפער לאווט מיך אייביג. וויפיל לאוו איך עהם
My Creator loves me at all times. How great is my love for him?

Re: hello everybody! 30 Jun 2013 20:01 #210818

• TehillimZugger
  • Platinum Boarder
  • לבד הנשמה הטהורה
tehillimzugger wrote:
עוד איכא להוסיף על הנ"ל דלמעשה אפילו נביא כל הראיות בעולם לשיטת הראב"ד, וגם נפרש שאין מחלוקת בין הר"מ והראב"ד וכו' וכו', אכתי עומד נגדינו דברי הב"י שהביא מחלוקת הר"מ והראב"ד וכתב שדעת רוב הפוסקים כהרמב"ם וכן נקטינן ודלא כראב"ד
וע"ז אען ואומר דיש לחלק בין ברכה, דאז אומרים אין זה מברך אלא מנאץ, לבין הודאה, וכמו שאמר מר "הודו לה' כי טוב", דשפיר דמי. דברכה אין לברך כי עיקר הברכה הוא שאומר כי הקב"ה מקור הברכה, וא"כ שפיר יש לברך גם על רעה דמאתי לא תצא הרעות והטוב כתיב, אך על עבירה אסור לברך, דנהי דהקב"ה הוא המקור, אמנם לברכה עשה למען נסות אתכם אמר אלקים והם בקשו חשבונות רבים למצוא הקלקלה, וא"כ אין לומר ברוך א"י אמ"ה, לתלות בו הקלקלה והסרחון, אך הודאה למה אין שייך כיון שנהנה, ודו"ק בזה

They just printed a new sefer from the Veitzener Rov [Harav Meisels of Chicago, Author of Shut Mekadshei Hashem, Zer Zahav, Agra D'Tzvi Al Agra D'Pirka, Dvar Tzvi Inyanim, Dvar Tzvi Shabbos] Drashos Dvar Tzvi a three volume set, in the volume on moadim, page 228, he brings from his uncle the Kedushas Tzion of Bobov Zt"l Hy"d that when the originator of movies and theaters died, the heavenly court wished to prosecute him, he tried to get out of being punished by claiming that he did all this so that people could see how bad aveiros get and be inspired to do teshuva. The heavenly court wasn't so easily convinced, they sent him to gehinnom and told him that when someone is inspired to teshuva by a movie, they'll take him out and put him in Gan Eden. He's still there.

Did I just take him out?

Re: hello everybody! 30 Jun 2013 22:38 #210836

• reallygettingthere
  • Current streak: 72 days
  • Platinum Boarder
[quote="tehillimzugger" post=210818]tehillimzugger wrote:

They just printed a new sefer from the Veitzener Rov [Harav Meisels of Chicago, Author of Shut Mekadshei Hashem, Zer Zahav, Agra D'Tzvi Al Agra D'Pirka, Dvar Tzvi Inyanim, Dvar Tzvi Shabbos] Drashos Dvar Tzvi a three volume set, in the volume on moadim, page 228, he brings from his uncle the Kedushas Tzion of Bobov Zt"l Hy"d that when the originator of movies and theaters died, the heavenly court wished to prosecute him, he tried to get out of being punished by claiming that he did all this so that people could see how bad aveiros get and be inspired to do teshuva. The heavenly court wasn't so easily convinced, they sent him to gehinnom and told him that when someone is inspired to teshuva by a movie, they'll take him out and put him in Gan Eden. He's still there.

Did I just take him out?

I actually had a serious hirhur yeshiva when I watched The Matrix for the first time
Roy in the SA White Book noted that we frequently prayed and it did not work...because the best we could muster was begging G-d to "Please take it away, so I will not have to give it up!

No amount of sobriety can cure the insanity -ChaimCharlie

The emmes hurts but fake chizzuk will hurt more -Bards

Remember, best block, no be there - Mr. Miyagi

Re: hello everybody! 01 Jul 2013 18:25 #210870

[quote="reallygettingthere" post=210836]tehillimzugger wrote:
tehillimzugger wrote:

Did I just take him out?

I actually had a serious hirhur yeshiva when I watched The Matrix for the first time

I had many serious hirhurs (and maysehs) when I watched bad stuff.

MT

Re: hello everybody! 01 Jul 2013 19:54 #210878

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
i am lost. what's a 'hirhur yeshiva'?
how did TZ take Mr.MovieInventor our of gehinnom?
maybe i need more mareh mekomos

btw, i have the Dvar Tzvi on shabbos, beautiful sefer
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

The reason I'm acting as if I'm pregnant, is because I'm expecting. I should be accepting.
~TZ

Re: hello everybody! 01 Jul 2013 20:00 #210879

• gibbor120
  • Platinum Boarder
  • NEVER EVER GIVE UP!
ZemirosShabbos wrote:

Who has it the rest of the week?

Re: hello everybody! 01 Jul 2013 21:15 #210908

• reallygettingthere
  • Current streak: 72 days
  • Platinum Boarder
ZemirosShabbos wrote:
i am lost. what's a 'hirhur yeshiva'?
how did TZ take Mr.MovieInventor our of gehinnom?
maybe i need more mareh mekomos

The Matrix does a superb job at showing the veiwer the idea of an oilom hadimyon.

I actually felt moved (I understand though from being here, that "being moved" isn't much if you don't act on it)

I am not advocating watching movies, I'm just saying...

Therefore Mr. Movieinventor gets to go out of gehinom because someone (me) did a little teshuva because of a movie
Roy in the SA White Book noted that we frequently prayed and it did not work...because the best we could muster was begging G-d to "Please take it away, so I will not have to give it up!

No amount of sobriety can cure the insanity -ChaimCharlie

The emmes hurts but fake chizzuk will hurt more -Bards

Remember, best block, no be there - Mr. Miyagi

Re: hello everybody! 03 Jul 2013 16:25 #211093

• yehoshua
  • Current streak: 14 days
  • Gold Boarder
How is your boat tehillimzugger?

P.S.
If this is a criticism of film, then please consider film on a different level. I would say that the painter Andy Warhole is cool, but Marc Chagall makes me want to go to heaven. I would say The Matrix is nice, but take a look at Bergman's Wild Strawberries or Tarkovski's Andrei Rublov or Ozu's Tokio Monogatari or Kurosawa's Dersu Uzala.
I honestly believe that in those cases film is art in its most intimate, profound and yes even religious way, I think it is being a human being at its finest making or watching such films. Truly.

Sorry, that is resentment. Forgive me. I respect any view, I just wanted to express my opinion and I didn't want to offend anyone.
Last Edit: 03 Jul 2013 16:29 by yehoshua.

Re: hello everybody! 01 Aug 2013 01:07 #214388

• TehillimZugger
  • Platinum Boarder
  • לבד הנשמה הטהורה
Anybody has woodford?
just asking.

Re: hello everybody! 01 Aug 2013 01:47 #214401

• gevura shebyesod
  • Current streak: 1193 days
  • Platinum Boarder
I have some blue tequila...
!אנא עבדא דקודשא בריך הוא

וּבְיָדְךָ כֹּחַ וּגְבוּרָה וּבְיָדְךָ לְגַדֵּל וּלְחַזֵּק לַכֹּל

"If it would be so easy there wouldn't be a GYE, but if it would be impossible there also wouldn't be a GYE."
"Sometimes a hard decision leads to an easier outcome."
- General Grant

My story: guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/111583-hello-my-friends

Re: hello everybody! 01 Aug 2013 02:00 #214408

• Pidaini
  • Platinum Boarder
  • פדני מעושק אדם-מיצר הרע העושק את הבריות-רש"י
it's mouthwash, don't be fooled!!
Yankel | My Ladder | Talking to Hashem
I'm just a dude, another guy on this bus.
Have a great day, unless, of course, you made other plans. ~ obbormottel
"Nothing changes as long as everything stays the same" ~ Dov

Re: hello everybody! 01 Aug 2013 10:51 #214452

• inastruggle
  • Current streak: 25 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • the picture is shimshon hagibor. not st. mary....
mouthwash shmouthwash if it has alcohol in it then s'git

Re: hello everybody! 05 Aug 2013 17:18 #215022

• TehillimZugger
  • Platinum Boarder
  • לבד הנשמה הטהורה
So what do I want from you Hashem? Look, here's the thing. See, I would love to live a normal life. A life where I don't interrupt what I'm doing to gape at a girl, a life where I don't inconvenience myself by going two blocks out of my way because I need a better view of that girl. A life in which I am not a slave to fantasies that will never be fulfilled. A life in which I can enjoy shabbos seudos despite the fact that Chani Friedstein's at the other end of the table. A life that does not make me so anxious as to force me to seek out a means of self medicating; sex.
Hashem, I cannot achieve this euphoria on my own, I've tried, I believe I've tried. Please, please, please, I know that YOU CAN help me. Please please please grant me serenity to live life.

Re: hello everybody! 05 Aug 2013 23:06 #215090

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
take a chill pill
the rebbe reb b used to say simcha is the secret
i did and do the same, take things so seriously that even eating a bag of Bamba was a cosmic event
relax, don't focus on fixing up the whole week (including shalosh seudos at the Friedsteins) all at once.
just do the right thing now
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

~TZ
Time to create page: 0.58 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes