Welcome, Guest

Yossi's Journey
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Yossi's Journey 9831 Views

Re: Yossi's Journey 03 Nov 2011 01:20 #124009

• 1daat
  • Current streak: 126 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Sorry you had a fall.  It happens.  It happens to even the g'dolim.  It definitely is one of the worst feelings there is. For me remembering the feeling didn't really help much (ahhh, f- it!, and off I'd go).  Posting really helped, same with a good filter.  I think we all find the formula that works for us.  Just keep going, you'll be totally fine.  You can cruise with Hashem again without the drama of the falls.  I hope you stick around and find your way to do your work, so that avodah again becomes a joy.
Last Edit: by .

Re: Yossi's Journey 03 Nov 2011 13:35 #124053

• gibbor120
  • Platinum Boarder
  • NEVER EVER GIVE UP!
Good morning Yossi! How are you today?

Re: Yossi's Journey 03 Nov 2011 17:54 #124137

• Yossi.L.
  • Current streak: 2 days
  • Platinum Boarder
I am doing much better today thank god. I opened up to my wife and told her last night. It was hell. I've never in my life felt like I hurt someone so badly. The pain and disappointment that her face so vividly expressed broke my inner being. The reality of what I did smacked me in the face like a brutal hurricane.

However, on the bright side; I woke up this morning rejuvenated. As someone so adequately worded I feel "recommitted". I feel like this dedication to cleanliness is my strongest ever.

Previously my dedication was about living in reality and the realization of the destruction of a life of fantasy brings. Now it's even more then that. I feel like I have to earn the trust of my family back. I have the most dedicated fans in the world who expect nothing less then a championship title. I am not just responsible for my own reality, I am also deeply accountable for my family's.(sibling included)

I have more going for me now then at any previous point of my life. The stakes are higher then they've ever been. I will rise to the challenge. I am recommitting myself to cleanliness with a fervency that I've never previously done.

On that note; does anyone know of any SA meetings in the five towns that don't have women by them?

Re: Yossi's Journey 03 Nov 2011 17:56 #124138

• Yossi.L.
  • Platinum Boarder
In summary; I am now at the fell SHMELL point.....

Re: Yossi's Journey 03 Nov 2011 18:03 #124141

• gibbor120
  • Platinum Boarder
  • NEVER EVER GIVE UP!
WOW! WOW!  Keep us posted on the home front.  How did you decide to tell her allofasudden?  Keep in mind, it can take a looooong time for her to come to grips with it.  It takes time, patience, shmoozing, a lot of painful honesty.  I wish you hatzlacha.  I was not functioning normally for at least a few days after my wife found out, and either was she.

Re: Yossi's Journey 03 Nov 2011 20:50 #124204

• gevura shebyesod
  • Current streak: 1199 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Wow, that took guts. For me that's how I started this whole journey. I just couldn't stand myself anymore and I told her, I didn't even care what the results would be. The worst possible consequence was at that time better than the hell going on inside me. B"H she took it well and she became the catalyst for my recovery. It was the best thing I ever did in my whole life, and our relationship has become stronger than ever.

Hang in there, the intensity of it will settle down, and you will be so much the better for it.

Keep On Trucking!!!!

Gevura!
!אנא עבדא דקודשא בריך הוא

וּבְיָדְךָ כֹּחַ וּגְבוּרָה וּבְיָדְךָ לְגַדֵּל וּלְחַזֵּק לַכֹּל

"If it would be so easy there wouldn't be a GYE, but if it would be impossible there also wouldn't be a GYE."
"Sometimes a hard decision leads to an easier outcome."
- General Grant

My story: guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/111583-hello-my-friends

Re: Yossi's Journey 06 Nov 2011 19:38 #124446

• Yossi.L.
  • Platinum Boarder
Gibbor120,

I decided to tell her through the help of a fellow fighter.And it wasn't out of the blue; she was aware of my addiction. Just not the brutality and detail of it. In regards to not functioning normally for a few days....I understand what you mean...a lot of negativity coming my way the past couple of days from my wife. She is very disappointed in me and she feels like I slighted her personally, which I did. When she says negative comments to me I know that she is just crying out in pain. I have a hard time dealing with the negativity. I'm not used to it, and I haven't ever hurt someone so close to me, so deeply.

So overall it's a tough time but also a great time. It's tough that my wife has to go through this, but it's great that I have her on board my battle.

Re: Yossi's Journey 06 Nov 2011 19:40 #124447

• Yossi.L.
  • Platinum Boarder
Gevurashebeyesod,

Thanks for sharing that. You give me chizuk. Hopefully this will be the catalyst for final recovery.

Re: Yossi's Journey 06 Nov 2011 19:42 #124448

• Yossi.L.
  • Platinum Boarder
Does anyone know of any all male SA meetings in brooklyn or the 5 towns?

Re: Yossi's Journey 07 Nov 2011 07:57 #124548

• obormottel
  • Platinum Boarder
SA generally is all-male, they tell me, not like the SAA from which I had to run the other week.
Baby steps.
If the road is pulling you down, it's a sign that you are going uphill, so just press harder on the gas!

Have a great day - unless, of course, you made other plans.

Re: Yossi's Journey 07 Nov 2011 22:27 #124717

• mechazek
  • Gold Boarder
  • men darf alla mohl mechazek zein
hey yossi read through your posts keep on sharing great stuff.It is nice to have people like you on my side if you know what I mean.Anyways keep it real,and keep in touch.I love you.

Re: Yossi's Journey 08 Nov 2011 00:40 #124734

• Yossi.L.
  • Platinum Boarder
Thank you Rabbi Mechazek; you are true to your name.

Obormottel; That seems to be the general response. I only thought that were females in these meetings because of recordings of meetings that i heard that contained females.

thanks

Re: Yossi's Journey 10 Nov 2011 00:51 #125011

• Yossi.L.
  • Platinum Boarder
hey,

I'm doing very solid; I have a week of cleanliness under my belt. That's 7 smiles .
We should make an only simchas page for GYE milestones. Like "We would like to extend our heartfelt mazal tov to Yossi.L. upon staying clean for 7 days" etc...etc...

Re: Yossi's Journey 10 Nov 2011 04:16 #125017

• gevura shebyesod
  • Current streak: 1199 days
  • Platinum Boarder
I would like to extend my heartfelt mazal tov to Yossi.L. upon staying clean for 7 days!

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
!אנא עבדא דקודשא בריך הוא

וּבְיָדְךָ כֹּחַ וּגְבוּרָה וּבְיָדְךָ לְגַדֵּל וּלְחַזֵּק לַכֹּל

"If it would be so easy there wouldn't be a GYE, but if it would be impossible there also wouldn't be a GYE."
"Sometimes a hard decision leads to an easier outcome."
- General Grant

My story: guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/111583-hello-my-friends

Re: Yossi's Journey 10 Nov 2011 07:30 #125022

• obormottel
  • Platinum Boarder
in SA they give out achievemnt chips, so a 7-day chip to you, buddy
Baby steps.
If the road is pulling you down, it's a sign that you are going uphill, so just press harder on the gas!

Have a great day - unless, of course, you made other plans.
Time to create page: 0.59 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes