Welcome, Guest

Yossi's Journey
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Yossi's Journey 9829 Views

Re: Yossi's Journey 27 Oct 2011 16:55 #123035

• obormottel
  • Platinum Boarder
In my case, I have always been too much of a chicken to do anything with a live person, so if your problem in the past has been only "virtual", I would take the job and deal with the triggers the same way I do now. But if you're worried of falling into a sexual harassment, then of course no money is worth the risk.
V'yeida inesh b'nafshei.
Baby steps.
If the road is pulling you down, it's a sign that you are going uphill, so just press harder on the gas!

Have a great day - unless, of course, you made other plans.
Last Edit: by .

Re: Yossi's Journey 27 Oct 2011 21:39 #123110

• Yossi.L.
  • Current streak: 2 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Shmeichel:
1)How could any wage increase be worth the danger of putting myself in that position? Is there a price tag?
2)Well that depends, what do you mean by overcome?
3)It is a real challenge. Multiple people, whom i assume are non addicts, have voiced the same concern about these women

Obormottel:
1)My challenge in the past has been both with live people and virtual. Often one causing the other; both ways.
2)I am strictly trying to understand this from a addicts perspective. So if i were to have no fear of a sexual harrasment problem what would you say?

Re: Yossi's Journey 27 Oct 2011 22:00 #123113

• obormottel
  • Platinum Boarder
Yossi.L. wrote on 27 Oct 2011 21:39:

3)It is a real challenge. Multiple people, whom i assume are non addicts, have voiced the same concern about these women

2)I am strictly trying to understand this from a addicts perspective. So if i were to have no fear of a sexual harrasment problem what would you say?

it looks like I didn't make it clear, although you've answered it twice, it's still not clear to you:
if you are worried that you will let yourself be provoked by these provocative women, whom even non-addicts find provocative, and this may lead to some sexual innuendoes, harassment law suits, or whatever else, then RUN AWAY.
But if it's just a "regular" triggering situation, I'd say you can't run away from life, only from it's dangers. Part of what we are doing here is how to live a normal life even though we are surrounded by triggers.
Baby steps.
If the road is pulling you down, it's a sign that you are going uphill, so just press harder on the gas!

Re: Yossi's Journey 29 Oct 2011 23:58 #123276

• Yossi.L.
  • Platinum Boarder
Obormottel: Upon further clarification...........what your saying makes a lot of sense.

Re: Yossi's Journey 02 Nov 2011 16:16 #123880

• Yossi.L.
  • Platinum Boarder
Last night I fell. I fell hard. It ended with masturbation. I haven't fell like this in a very long time. I feel terrible. I have a family and yet I couldn't find the power to reach out for help and avoid falling into this pit. When I am clean i constantly reinforce to myself how proud I am. Since my fall I can't stop thinking about how dissapointed I am. I must, and I will, find the power within me to move on and keep fighting this war. However, right now in this moment I am doubting myself. I feel vulnerable and alone.
Last Edit: 06 Nov 2011 19:52 by .

Re: Yossi's Journey 02 Nov 2011 16:17 #123882

• gibbor120
  • Platinum Boarder
  • NEVER EVER GIVE UP!
Yossi.L. wrote on 02 Nov 2011 16:16:

I feel vulnerable and alone.

Often the catalyst for real change.

Re: Yossi's Journey 02 Nov 2011 16:40 #123886

• obormottel
  • Platinum Boarder
you are not alone! we are here for you, and most importantly, He is here for you. get up, shake it off, and back to work.
we do need to talk about how not to do it again, but now isnt the time. do not despair!
Baby steps.

Re: Yossi's Journey 02 Nov 2011 17:28 #123905

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
that must be tough Yossi, i feel for you.

now is the time to move out of the bad and get moving. take what you can from the experience and see if  and how you can make stronger fences.
then fuhhgetabbouttit

today is the most important day of the rest of your life, make it a good one
Sometimes life is like tuna with not enough mayonaise
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

The reason I'm acting as if I'm pregnant, is because I'm expecting. I should be accepting.
~TZ

Re: Yossi's Journey 02 Nov 2011 17:34 #123909

• gevura shebyesod
  • Current streak: 1199 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Don't give up! You've been successful before, and you will do it again! Keep being proud of all the clean days, and remember, you are never alone! We are all here alongside you!

FS-KOMT!!!!!!!

Gevura!
!אנא עבדא דקודשא בריך הוא

וּבְיָדְךָ כֹּחַ וּגְבוּרָה וּבְיָדְךָ לְגַדֵּל וּלְחַזֵּק לַכֹּל

"If it would be so easy there wouldn't be a GYE, but if it would be impossible there also wouldn't be a GYE."
"Sometimes a hard decision leads to an easier outcome."
- General Grant

My story: guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/111583-hello-my-friends

Re: Yossi's Journey 02 Nov 2011 21:09 #123965

• Yossi.L.
  • Platinum Boarder
I just finished a long work day and I checked to see if there were any replies to my post. After reading all your posts of chizuk I am crying. 

Re: Yossi's Journey 02 Nov 2011 21:11 #123966

• gibbor120
  • Platinum Boarder
  • NEVER EVER GIVE UP!
Here, you do not cry alone  :'(.

When you are done crying, hop right back in the truck!

Re: Yossi's Journey 02 Nov 2011 21:11 #123967

• Yossi.L.
  • Platinum Boarder
My crying is a mix of broken heartedness and feeling cared for. My emotions have been strange and varied since my fall. I got to get myself back. It's not easy.

Re: Yossi's Journey 02 Nov 2011 21:17 #123970

• gibbor120
  • Platinum Boarder
  • NEVER EVER GIVE UP!
We've all been there.  It's not pleasant.  Having this chevra definitely makes it easier.  Hatzlacha!

Re: Yossi's Journey 02 Nov 2011 22:16 #123982

• Jackabbey
  • Current streak: 3 days
  • Platinum Boarder
say with a firm affirmation:
"Hashem i will serve you with my whole heart and soul, however hard it is"
then start trucking, "today is day one"

Re: Yossi's Journey 02 Nov 2011 22:46 #123991

• obormottel
  • Platinum Boarder
Ok, so now's the time to talk (in my highly objectionable and cross opinion).
Do you know what led to this fall? Did you ignore the fences you had in place or did you not have appropriate fences?
Do you have a life person to reach out to, other than family?
You know, this is like a migrain headache - you can hear one coming from a mile away, and after a while, you learn what to do to stop 'em in the tracks.
Sounds like you were just swept under....
Baby steps.

Time to create page: 0.54 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes