Welcome, Guest

Home of Gibbor120
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Home of Gibbor120 122235 Views

Re: Home of Gibbor120 31 Jul 2013 01:05 #214218

• Dov
  • Administrator
Hatzlocha
"Off the 18-wheeler and fine on this tricycle!", "I do not particularly care exactly which "lav" suicide is. I'm not interested in it for other reasons...and you are probably the same."

Re: Home of Gibbor120 02 Aug 2013 19:06 #214783

• gibbor120
  • Platinum Boarder
  • NEVER EVER GIVE UP!
A beautiful thought I heard (and some of my own commentary mixed in):

In Devarim(1:37) Moshe tells klal yisroel that "Hashem got angry at me because of you saying also you cannot go there" (to E"Y). Is that a way to talk to klal yisroel (especially for Moshe Rabeinu!)? It's YOUR FAULT I can't go into E"Y!? What was Moshe telling them?

The Drashos Haran says that Moshe was telling them "Do you know how chashuv you are? Because I said "shimu na hamorim", because I didn't have proper kavod for you, Hashem won't let me go into E"Y." He wasn't blaming them. He was telling them how chashuv they are in the eyes of the RBS"O.

Hashem loves you so much and is makpid on your kavod! So much so, that all my tefillos didn't help. My tefillos can help for the most serious of aveiros, but when I don't give you the proper kavod - nothing helps!

Now, Klal Yisroel did their fair share of aveiros. They failed 10 tests. At one point, Hahsem wanted to distroy them (by the egel). In contrast, Moshe Rabeinu was close to perfect. He was almost a malach.

It doesn't matter. That is how much Hashem loves us!

Hashem loves us unconditionally, and there is nothing we can do to make Him stop.

Have a wonderful Shabbos!
Last Edit: 02 Aug 2013 19:08 by gibbor120.

Re: Home of Gibbor120 02 Aug 2013 19:22 #214787

• Pidaini
  • Platinum Boarder
  • פדני מעושק אדם-מיצר הרע העושק את הבריות-רש"י
Shkoyach!!

it fits very nicely with this Shach al Hatorah
Yankel | My Ladder | Talking to Hashem
I'm just a dude, another guy on this bus.
Have a great day, unless, of course, you made other plans. ~ obbormottel
"Nothing changes as long as everything stays the same" ~ Dov

Re: Home of Gibbor120 02 Aug 2013 20:13 #214800

• gibbor120
  • Platinum Boarder
  • NEVER EVER GIVE UP!
sure does. same idea, slightly different angle

Re: Home of Gibbor120 02 Aug 2013 22:06 #214821

• cordnoy
great vort
thanks

the last line will go into gibbor's insights
My email: thenewme613@hotmail.com
My threads: Mikvah Night - Page 1Page 2Page 3Last Page

https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/1-Break-Free/210029-Tryin
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!
My job: Punchin' bag of GYE - "NeshamaInCharge"
Quote from the chevra: "Is Cordnoy truly a Treasure Island pirate from the Southern Seas?"

MY POSTS ARE NOT WRITTEN AS A MODERATOR UNLESS EXPLICITLY STATED.

Re: Home of Gibbor120 02 Aug 2013 23:14 #214839

• gibbor120
  • Platinum Boarder
  • NEVER EVER GIVE UP!
I just had a thought...

There is one mitzvah that the Torah says stay far away from it. מדבר שקר תרחק

There is one aveirah that the Shulchan Aruch says to stay far away from. צריך להתרחק מן הנשים מאד מאד

There is one middah that chazal tell us to stay far away from - גאוה

Methinks they are all related!
Last Edit: 02 Aug 2013 23:15 by gibbor120.

Re: Home of Gibbor120 03 Aug 2013 03:25 #214848

• inastruggle
  • Current streak: 25 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • the picture is shimshon hagibor. not st. mary....
someone's on a roll today.

Thanks for the two shtikels

Re: Home of Gibbor120 05 Aug 2013 18:42 #215039

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
Sometimes life is like tuna with not enough mayonaise
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

The reason I'm acting as if I'm pregnant, is because I'm expecting. I should be accepting.
~TZ

Re: Home of Gibbor120 23 Aug 2013 22:11 #217053

• gibbor120
  • Platinum Boarder
  • NEVER EVER GIVE UP!
At the end of last week's parsha, we are told to destroy Amalek. At the beginning of this week's parsha, we are taught about the mitzvah of Bikurim. What is the connection?

The Makkos and Kriyas Yam Suf were the greatest displays of Hashems power and hashgocho pratis in the history of the world (so far). Amalek is the one nation that denies Hashem and claims that it is all happenstance. They can see the biggest nes and not so much as yawn.

A tree grows fruit year after year. Hardly a supernatural occurence. Yet, Klal Yisroel brings this fruit to the Beis Hamikdash and makes a declaration that "my father was an arami, he went down to Mitzrayim... we became a great nation, you took us out of Mitzrayim, you brought us to Eretz Yisroel, and now I bring this fruit that you gave me..."

We take the most mundane of occurences and see the Hand of Hashem planning and leading us to this moment for hundreds of years prior! Perfect Hashgocho!

May we be zoche to feel the hashgocho of Hashem. His guiding hand. His hugs (and sometimes his rod). It is ALL part of his plan, and his great love for each one of us.

Have a great Shabbos!
Last Edit: 23 Aug 2013 22:13 by gibbor120.

Re: Home of Gibbor120 29 Aug 2013 19:44 #217769

• gibbor120
  • Platinum Boarder
  • NEVER EVER GIVE UP!
I put in a new lightbulb last night. I noticed it said on the box "double life".

Re: Home of Gibbor120 29 Aug 2013 19:56 #217773

• tryingtoshteig
  • Current streak: 115 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • תן חיוך, הכל לטובה
That reminds me of the joke:

How many addicts does it take to change a light bulb?
None, but the lightbulb has to want to change.
"ויעזור ויגן ויושיע לכל החוסים בו ונאמר אמן" -- ArtScroll Gabbai's Handbook

Re: Home of Gibbor120 29 Aug 2013 23:06 #217827

• inastruggle
  • Current streak: 25 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • the picture is shimshon hagibor. not st. mary....
From an AA forum:

How many alcoholics does it take to change a light bulb?

*()&*%&* leave me alone. The light bulb is fine the way it is. But your constant complaining about he dark has made me want to drink.

How many codependents does it take to change a light bulb?

One, but they need a really good support group. And it is probably best to wait until the alocholic is passed out. In the morning they won't even remember that the light bulb was broken.

How many potheads does it take to change a light bulb?

Lightbulbs?..........far out.

And finally, how many recovering alcoholics does it take to change a light bulb?

One, but..........

First they discuss it with their sponsor, who tells them to pray about it. They agonize about whether they need the serenity to accept the darkness or the courage to go live somewhere else with an unbroken light bulb and they go to extra meetings to deal with this. Finally they are given the wisdom to know that they must accept that the light bulb is broken in order to find the courage to put in a new unbroken light bulb. They share this at a meeting where one of the gurus suggests no new light bulbs for 90 days and that they only share about this with members of the same sex lest discussing the lights being out with a member of the opposite sex lead to lust issues.

They share about this at meetings for the next 90 days, after which on anniversary night they are asked how they did it?. Soon afterwords they start going to a new meeting which is more old time program where newcomers do not discuss changing light bulbs unitl thaey have ammassed some experience with changing light bulbs. After a year of listening to others who have acutally changed light bulbs in recovery they share that they feel like they are getting ready to do the footwork and someday soon hope to go to the store to buy a new light bulb. But when they finally do go to the store it is Sunday and the store is closed. They are granted the power not to drink about this, but they do get into a relationship on the way home from the store.

The relationship ends badly several minutes later because the other person does not want to be held hostage to a broken light bulb. Once more the recovering alcohoic does not drink. Instead they go to a meeting and share how in the old days before recovery they would have just waited till Monday and then robbed the first person coming out of the store with a new light bulb. However today they chose not to do this. They go home and there on their front porch is a brand new unbroken light bulb. Coincidence? I think not!

They go inside and change the light bulb. Only then do they realize that the rest of their family has been living by candlelight for quite some time. The codependent is not sure how they feel about this......... They put their family on their 8th step list, but decide that first they must make amends to themselves for mistreating their family. The kids go to Alateen but feel guilty that their situation was not as bad as the kids who can't remember getting beaten with broken light bulbs by their ex-mothers 14th boyfriend's 3rd cousin when they lived in a pothole in the sidewalk in front of a cardboard box on the wrong side of the tracks from the homeless shelter.

So anyway now the alcoholic is very grateful for the new illumination in their life whcih allows them to see everything so much more clearly. Then another light bulb breaks.

But this is okay and they do not drink. They now know intuitively how to handle situations that used to baffle them and so they go sit on the porch waiting for another light bulb to appear. But about now the sun has gotten old and erupts into a supernova. This is okay becasue our Higher Power doesn't give us more than we can handle so we are okay about the sun going nova and decide, just for today, not to try do anything about it. But you know how we do get annoyed about that time thing, and that is why we are proud of our patience here, not rushing out to change all the light bulbs the first thing when they get broken, but instead thinking that at least we can laugh at ourselves now and how it is kind of silly wanting a new light bulb when any day now the sun will explode and we will have all the light we need.

Re: Home of Gibbor120 04 Sep 2013 20:49 #218444

• gibbor120
  • Platinum Boarder
  • NEVER EVER GIVE UP!
I wish everyone a k'siva v'chasima tova! May you all be inscribed in the book of life - "real" life that is. It's much better than all the fake stuff .

Re: Home of Gibbor120 13 Sep 2013 19:09 #219190

• gibbor120
  • Platinum Boarder
  • NEVER EVER GIVE UP!
I wish everyone a gmar chasima tova! We should have a year of aliyah, filled with baby steps. It's the little steps that are really BIG! We should see geulah sheleimah where all evil is vanquished and all our pain and suffering ends both as individuals and a tzibbur.

Please forgive me if I offended any of you or I gave bad advice (יעצנו רע). :slight bow and fist pounding chest smiley:

Re: Home of Gibbor120 13 Sep 2013 19:14 #219192

• tryingtoshteig
  • Current streak: 115 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • תן חיוך, הכל לטובה
gibbor120 wrote:
:slight bow and fist pounding chest smiley:

viduy.jpg
"ויעזור ויגן ויושיע לכל החוסים בו ונאמר אמן" -- ArtScroll Gabbai's Handbook
Time to create page: 0.71 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes