Welcome, Guest

Back on Track's trekking along
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Back on Track's trekking along 17154 Views

Re: Back on Track's trekking along 26 Sep 2011 15:20 #120325

• Jackabbey
  • Current streak: 3 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Zemmy i like your ZEMIROS
Last Edit: by .

Re: Back on Track's trekking along 26 Sep 2011 15:23 #120327

• gevura shebyesod
  • Current streak: 1199 days
  • Platinum Boarder
As long as the Cholint isn't spoiling.... ;D

May you have a Ksiva V'chasima Tova and a Monstuh' good new year!

KOMT!!!!!!!!!

Gevura!
!אנא עבדא דקודשא בריך הוא

וּבְיָדְךָ כֹּחַ וּגְבוּרָה וּבְיָדְךָ לְגַדֵּל וּלְחַזֵּק לַכֹּל

"If it would be so easy there wouldn't be a GYE, but if it would be impossible there also wouldn't be a GYE."
"Sometimes a hard decision leads to an easier outcome."
- General Grant

My story: guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/111583-hello-my-friends

Re: Back on Track's trekking along 26 Sep 2011 15:27 #120329

• Jackabbey
  • Current streak: 3 days
  • Platinum Boarder
we have a major problem here
as this year the malochim are busy the whole thursday and friday with the shoffar, so they cant guard our cholint, therefore we need a special tefilloh on rosh hashono to have a teriffic cholent this year

Re: Back on Track's trekking along 26 Sep 2011 15:34 #120334

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
in שו"ת בדיתי מליבי there is a discussion of this very topic and the maskana lemaiseh is that the malachim of the mitzva of eiruv tavshilin are shomer the cholint. basically they takes turns, one of them hears shofar with the men and one hears when they blow for the women in the afternoon. but the tefila you are proposing should help keep the cholint up to par.
Sometimes life is like tuna with not enough mayonaise
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

The reason I'm acting as if I'm pregnant, is because I'm expecting. I should be accepting.
~TZ

Re: Back on Track's trekking along 26 Sep 2011 22:54 #120431

• Back on Track
Zem, thanks for the brocha. Best one I ever got, and for the heads up re the angel chulent situation. Now for the real question. On leil rosh hashana after davening.. I wanna know who here is planning to wish their friends the traditional lashana tova tikaseiv etc...
I was thinking I'd be wishing people a shana tova of trucking away, and staying sane. L'later a heise piece of fleegen,some woodford and chulent. Do you think anyone will notice?

Re: Back on Track's trekking along 27 Sep 2011 13:53 #120481

• gibbor120
  • Platinum Boarder
  • NEVER EVER GIVE UP!
Give it a try and let us know  ;D ;D ;D

Re: Back on Track's trekking along 27 Sep 2011 16:37 #120517

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
Tizkeh golfcart letotally leCooperstown ulematching donors
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

The reason I'm acting as if I'm pregnant, is because I'm expecting. I should be accepting.
~TZ

Re: Back on Track's trekking along 28 Sep 2011 00:48 #120603

• Back on Track
A thought occurred to me for the fiurst time ever. Every RH and YK of my life just about, since I was able to m*, and since I have looked at p* I have asked G-d to forgive my sin. Especially in 'avinu malkeinu hachazireinu bteshuva shleima lifanecha.... This year, I think I will focus on it mpore in 'shlach refuah sheleima lCHOLEI amecha. Although as addictts we know this is a terminla and permanent illness... We can always pray. And with the full giluy of Hashems honor in the yemos hamoshiach, this illness tpoo will be gone forever.

Re: Back on Track's trekking along 28 Sep 2011 02:21 #120607

• gevura shebyesod
  • Platinum Boarder
Back on Track wrote on 28 Sep 2011 00:48:

A thought occurred to me for the fiurst time ever. Every RH and YK of my life just about, since I was able to m*, and since I have looked at p* I have asked G-d to forgive my sin. Especially in 'avinu malkeinu hachazireinu bteshuva shleima lifanecha.... This year, I think I will focus on it mpore in 'shlach refuah sheleima lCHOLEI amecha. Although as addictts we know this is a terminla and permanent illness... We can always pray. And with the full giluy of Hashems honor in the yemos hamoshiach, this illness tpoo will be gone forever.

Thet's interesting, i also found that the focus of my tefilos has shifted since i came here. In the throes of my lusting and acting out, knowing inside that it was so wrong but also aware that i could never stop,  I would daven with (fake) sincerity for forgiveness, knowing that literally Lapesach Chatos Rovetz and that there's no way i could stay clean for very long (some years i would manage till after simchas torah, others not even one night :-[ ). the only thing that I could daven for with any honesty was for Moshiach, somehow I knew that was the only way it could end (although i had no hope that I would actually be zoche to see it).

Now I find myself concentrating more on things like Refaeinu (like you), Somech Noflim (that always reminds me of GYE), and especially Re'eh B'Anyeinu VeRiva Riveinu, see our pain and fight for us, because we cannot fight for ourselves. V'sechezena Eineinu, are these eyes cleaned enough to be worthy to see it?

May we all be zoche that our tefillos should be niskabel and we should be redeemed from our personal golus as well as the golus of all Klal Yisroel.

KVT & KOMT!!!

Gevura!

"If it would be so easy there wouldn't be a GYE, but if it would be impossible there also wouldn't be a GYE."
- General Grant

Last Edit: 28 Sep 2011 02:27 by .

Re: Back on Track's trekking along 28 Sep 2011 12:12 #120628

• Back on Track
Good morning.. I knw this isn't a very heilige teshuva kind of thought for the morning of erev RH, but in my own recovery this is where I'm holding and tryong to improve. BH with His help I am w/out mast* for abt 150 days. However, P* is still drawing me A LOT. I realized thius morning why.

When I act out by m*, I feel horrible. I hate myself and eventually w/in a day or so, I lose my temper on those that I love and they suffer for my problem. I in turn feel guilty and suffer from feeling bad abt the acting out, and feeling like a piece of dirt for hurting my loving innocent family.

That has helped motivate me to stop as strange as it sounds.

Now, here's the kicker- while I feel bad abt p*, I don't lose my self worth to the same degree that I do whem I actually m*. I don't feel so bad abt myself and so sad that I lose my temper in frustration. It bugs me and I go vaiter. So I'm lacking the same motivation (emotional pain) that I have to quit m*. ... The place where this really hurts me is when together w/ my wife and trying to say s/t like 'I love you'. I feel like a total hypocrite then... But its still not really motivating me enoujgh to quit p*.

This is coming up now bc, I really would like to stand in the yom hadin and feel I have a plan to live p* free as I know Hashem wants. I simply can't just tell myself 'its assur' 'your gonna go to gehenim'.... That has never worked for me. I still act out and just feel dammed.

Re: Back on Track's trekking along 28 Sep 2011 15:47 #120651

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
BOT, thanks for sharing so deeply and honestly.

while these are not 'silver bullets' (do they even exist?) this link might help
www.guardyoureyes.org/forum/index.php?topic=662.0

and this Antique Bardifact:
bardichev wrote on 27 Aug 2009 15:56:

DONT LOVE SOMETHING THAT CANT LOVE YOU BACK
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

~TZ

Re: Back on Track's trekking along 28 Sep 2011 16:18 #120658

• gibbor120
  • Platinum Boarder
  • NEVER EVER GIVE UP!
I like your antique shop zemmy .  How much for the bardifact?

Re: Back on Track's trekking along 28 Sep 2011 16:20 #120659

• Back on Track
I love zemmys bardology. I think he is a world class bardologist.

Re: Back on Track's trekking along 28 Sep 2011 16:22 #120660

• gibbor120
  • Platinum Boarder
  • NEVER EVER GIVE UP!
I'ts a bard job, but someones got to do it

Re: Back on Track's trekking along 28 Sep 2011 16:56 #120662

• gevura shebyesod
  • Platinum Boarder
You guys all crack me up. Thanks for the smiles, it's just what i need when i'm feeling down...

KVT & TOMT!

Gevura!

- General Grant

Time to create page: 0.55 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes