Welcome, Guest

The Grouchery: Haven for the Grumpily Disgruntled
(0 viewing) 
Getting out of Isolation and connecting with others is an important part of recovery. This board is for non-addiction related threads, where members exchange jokes, have fun - and drink Lechayim Together!

TOPIC: The Grouchery: Haven for the Grumpily Disgruntled 9075 Views

Re: The Grouchery: Haven for the Grumpily Disgruntled 28 Aug 2024 19:06 #420289

• chosemyshem
  • Platinum Boarder
thompson wrote on 28 Aug 2024 18:46:

chosemyshem wrote on 28 Aug 2024 18:31:
My wife was sitting next to me and picked up my phone and was idly scrolling through (yeah, idk why either). She sees my call history and starts laughing, "who are all these guys with the weird names"? 

I previously told her I was on GYE to mentor people, so mumbled that they were guys who were speaking to me for help. 

Meanwhile I was waiting to see if she opened the google voice app (where I do all my gye texting). If I saw she was going for that my plan was to disembowel myself on the couch as a distraction.

God, I hope it's not a velvet couch.

First of all, ew no way. 

Second of all, what do I care what it does to my couch once I'm disemboweled.

Re: The Grouchery: Haven for the Grumpily Disgruntled 28 Aug 2024 19:36 #420290

• redfaced
  • Current streak: 491 days
  • Platinum Boarder
My wife was sitting next to me and picked up my phone and was idly scrolling through (yeah, idk why either). She sees my call history and starts laughing, "who are all these guys with the weird names"? 

I previously told her I was on GYE to mentor people, so mumbled that they were guys who were speaking to me for help. 

Meanwhile I was waiting to see if she opened the google voice app (where I do all my gye texting). If I saw she was going for that my plan was to disembowel myself on the couch as a distraction.

As the resident Nudnik, can I ask what tool/technique you were planning on using for the disembowlement?
May you slide down the banister of happiness and get many splinters of success up your career

Feel free to send me an owl, a howler, or even a Crumple-Horned Snorkack to Iamredfaced@gmail.com

guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/416899-The-Red-Face

Re: The Grouchery: Haven for the Grumpily Disgruntled 28 Aug 2024 19:44 #420291

• chosemyshem
  • Platinum Boarder
redfaced wrote on 28 Aug 2024 19:36:

As the resident Nudnik, can I ask what tool/technique you were planning on using for the disembowlement?

What's the shaila? Obviously I would use my wakizashi for seppuku.

Re: The Grouchery: Haven for the Grumpily Disgruntled 28 Aug 2024 19:53 #420292

• redfaced
  • Platinum Boarder
chosemyshem wrote on 28 Aug 2024 19:44:

My ethnicity is Jewish. I would use my wifes sheitel pin. 

I guess we can compare results later
May you slide down the banister of happiness and get many splinters of success up your career

Feel free to send me an owl, a howler, or even a Crumple-Horned Snorkack to Iamredfaced@gmail.com

Re: The Grouchery: Haven for the Grumpily Disgruntled 28 Aug 2024 21:06 #420300

• chaimoigen
  • Current streak: 472 days
  • Platinum Boarder

Dude. Bury the google voice app in a subfolder of apps. Labelled “insurance”. 
Please feel free to reach out anytime at chaim.oigen@gmail.com

Re: The Grouchery: Haven for the Grumpily Disgruntled 28 Aug 2024 21:18 #420302

• thompson
  • Expert Boarder
chaimoigen wrote on 28 Aug 2024 21:06:

Um, who takes care of insurance in your kingdom?

Re: The Grouchery: Haven for the Grumpily Disgruntled 29 Aug 2024 04:50 #420319

• lionking
  • Platinum Boarder
chaimoigen wrote on 28 Aug 2024 21:06:

I am very conscious of privacy and safety. I use a separate Google voice account which is hidden in my phones hidden apps section which is only accessible by entering a special code in the phone dialer. Additionally I have a task running that turns off the notifications for Google voice when I am at home so that my wife shouldn't see a notification pop-up for an incoming text. You can usually use a do not disturb routine. Contacts are saved with real names that reference the person using the initials, Like for ChoseMyShem would be Chaim Moshe Sheminov, etc...

However the biggest way I protect other people's privacy is by not being in contact with other people!

As an a side note, it bothers me when I see people sharing every time they meet someone. I'm not sure if the person they met wants you should share that info. For example, I am based in New Zealand and if people know that fact, every time I share I met someone, than anyone can know that the other person is also based in New Zealand. If I really want, I can list out a couple of people based in Lakewood based solely on their interactions. In general what someone shares needs to remain private, including the actual fact that he shared with you.
Ok, rants over, time to go back to my hiding spot.
Since it is the grouchery, you can all blame a certain soldier for waking me up!
My email address is: growinghigher613@gmail.com

Re: The Grouchery: Haven for the Grumpily Disgruntled 29 Aug 2024 10:42 #420326

• adam2014
  • Gold Boarder
I need to know to whom to send the dry cleaning bill. I spit up my coffee all over myself reading this! I picture my wife on my phone next to me, praying she doesn't find something wrong, and as she is about to find something, I preemptively decide to cut off my own balls...LOLOLOLOLOL

Seriously, that was a massive concern for me for many years, and I had good reason to worry. My iPhone was a bottomless pit of smut. I had so much "bad stuff" on my phone that it was disgusting, to say the least. I took the action of just getting a second phone. I got an Android, and that became my "smut" phone. My iPhone was clean, and she could (and did) look at it all the time. That was before I discovered GYE.

The "smut" phone is gone, and my iPhone is clean, but it is on the way out. I NEED it for business; there is no way around it, but I want to separate it from my personal life and keep a flip phone. I am still trying to balance all of this.....any advice is always appreciated...

Now off to change my shirt...

Re: The Grouchery: Haven for the Grumpily Disgruntled 29 Aug 2024 12:32 #420329

• redfaced
  • Platinum Boarder
redfaced wrote on 28 Aug 2024 19:53:

chosemyshem wrote on 28 Aug 2024 19:44:

My ethnicity is Jewish. I would use my wifes sheitel pin. 

I guess we can compare results later

I tried it last night . I can confirm the sheitel pin way is freakin awful'

Re: The Grouchery: Haven for the Grumpily Disgruntled 30 Aug 2024 06:59 #420402

lionking wrote on 29 Aug 2024 04:50:

As an a side note, it bothers me when I see people sharing every time they meet someone. I'm not sure if the person they met wants you should share that info. For example, I am based in New Zealand and if people know that fact, every time I share I met someone, than anyone can know that the other person is also based in New Zealand. If I really want, I can list out a couple of people based in Lakewood based solely on their interactions. In general what someone shares needs to remain private, including the actual fact that he shared with you.

Lm'aase, in the user profile it has the timezone, so everyone can know where you are based. Though its probably not always accurate, עיין שם yours
Time to create page: 0.60 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes