Welcome, Guest

L'chaim! Let's Celebrate!
(0 viewing) 
Getting out of Isolation and connecting with others is an important part of recovery. This board is for non-addiction related threads, where members exchange jokes, have fun - and drink Lechayim Together!

TOPIC: L'chaim! Let's Celebrate! 7210 Views

Re: L'chaim! Let's Celebrate! 07 Dec 2020 14:09 #358350

• grant400
  • Current streak: 13 days
  • Platinum Boarder
lionking wrote on 07 Dec 2020 05:11:

Grant400 wrote on 06 Dec 2020 16:10:
Harav BenYeshiva, (some of you may only be familiar with his secular name; YeshivaGuy) and Harav (not just) Starting (anymore) cordially invite all esteemed GYE members to a reception tonight at the L'chaim Shteeble, in honor of their 90. Six o'clock Sharp. Black tie affair.

Menu: (Sorry, no Shnitzel and Kugel)

Drinks and assorted hors d'oeuvres will be served upon arrival.

Appetizer:

Men: Choice of olive oil basted crispy skin salmon or a oven roasted blackened sea bass.

Women: Choice of freshly shredded carrots or purple cabbage.

Soup:

Men: Choice of cream of broccoli or French onion.

Women: Kale puree.

Entree:

Men: Choice of tender filet mignon on a bed of sauteed truffle and champagne mushrooms, with a light red wine reduction.

Women: Fresh crispy lettuce, on a bed of fresh crispy lettuce leaves, with a light lettuce puree.

Dessert:

Men: Viennese table for consumption purposes 

Women: Viennese table for viewing purposes only.

Program:

Emcee: Our resident Gadol; Harav Hashem Help Me.

BenYeshiva will serenade us with his famous world renowned Lech Dodi. Accompanied by the spiritual music of the Neshama Brothers Orchestra, NeshamaInCharge and Diamindwithaflaw. Qwerty is good at keys, so he's surely musical. He'll be on the keyboard.

R' Starting will take us on a journey through his story of 90.

Harav Wilnever will deliver a discourse based upon the philosophies of the Michtav M'Eliyahu.

The venerable Harav Cordnoy is slated to make an appearance.

Manager: Mr. Youngster, trustworthy and full of energy, and thoughtfulness. 

Mr. Striving to be good will make sure there is an air of festivities!

90dys, in house rav for emergency halacha questions.

Decor by BlueOrangeBalloon LTD. 

Ok, let me make sure everything is running smoothly.

Nice bar, cocktails and homemade beer by the keynote speaker, wine and bourbon for the caterer the famous Markz of "Grill Markz" catering. (Yes he's catering tonight, he started his career as a vintner but now....). Did you see his tiny car in the lot? It looks like an hors d'oeuvre parked next to Gevuras monsta (thanks for bringing the cows). Ok, nice sign hanging, we only serve shaken not stirred. I know I'm obsessed. Looks like Yehuda B and Lodaas are already sampling some good stuff.

Oh, the seating cards, there's a woman's side? We are lusters!!! Let's see who they invited, ok, Someone's Sister, Table 1, Someone's Aunt table 2, Someone's mother table 3...ok I guess we are safe. I wonder if Rebbetzin 7up is here...But let's get our builder, Rebuild613 to construct one heck of a mechitza.We should probably have Captain, YuYu and Oived Elokim or Testero, our Navy SEAL, (R' Guard too, if he still exists) our military dudes guarding the bulletproof mechitza, (although without a trigger....).

Whos the tech guy? Oh right we can hire i-man! With a name like that he's probably half computer. We need bouncers too..in case people get rowdy. Um...these millenials a wild bunch..not you AM you are a good one we need you as an usher. Ok, Bigmoish and Miggisbooms, will be the bouncers,I mean with a name like that he's probably from Kazakhstan and has a neck as thick as the beef on tonight's menu...I'm sure he'll be pretty scary. We also need a respectable maitre de, how about 5770? Is he available? If not I think MenachemGYE will do a fine job. Or R' Excellence. He seems super nice too. Oh wait,  I got it! Dave M! Peeeerfect! He forsure has a lovely smile but can he pull off the required snooty air of superiority? 

If you feel something can be better, please contact Looking_to_Improve. He's already on it!

Let me go check out my grilling station, maybe I should go to the mikvah first, this meat is gonna have a din of b'sar kodshim. OMG! Zedj and Jack123 are already chomping through the first batch...gotta run!

Sous chef Grant

Please leave me some bones and scraps of steak to feast on when the guests leave. I don't want to frighten anyone with my feline appearance...

No way! Scraps for such a chashuva lion, the king of GYE?!? Not on my watch! The choicest and juiciest cuts were put aside and placed in a golden bowl with the name "לייב מלך" emblazoned on it. Oh yeah, it's waiting on the dais.
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!

Re: L'chaim! Let's Celebrate! 08 Dec 2020 04:22 #358394

• sapy
  • Platinum Boarder
MAZEL TOV!!!
@שבע יפול צדיק וקם

for reaching 
90 days!!
iy"h by all of us
L'chaim!

Re: L'chaim! Let's Celebrate! 08 Dec 2020 05:03 #358396

• grant400
  • Platinum Boarder
Youngster wrote on 08 Dec 2020 04:22:
MAZEL TOV!!!
@שבע יפול צדיק וקם

for reaching 
90 days!!
iy"h by all of us
L'chaim!

Let us raise a glass of alcohol,
A celebration by this קדוש'דיקע קהל,

You may want scotch or maybe bourbon,
In honor of this incredibly holy קרבן,

Maybe wine that's קודש הקדשים,
On the level of the הייליג נסכים,

90 is huge we call it תשעים,
As many as all the twinkling כוכבים ,

Sorry tonight we're only serving rum,
In honor of שבע יפול צדיק וקם!

Re: L'chaim! Let's Celebrate! 08 Dec 2020 07:43 #358403

• Ish MiGrodno
  • Current streak: 1321 days
  • Platinum Boarder
R' Grant,

​Your poem is beautifully written. I marvel at how we experience genuine joy at  the successes of people who we have never met....But the truth is that that's only "in person;" in truth we know each other quite well so it's nisht kein groyse peleh."

Looking to forward to a celebratory shot of bourbon with the oilam (really!)

!ה׳ עמך גבור החיל

ה׳ עמך גבור החיל! [שופטים ו׳ יב׳]

Perhaps you can find chizuk from my thread at guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/356161-Intro 

Feel free to reach out to me at
jackz90dys@gmail.com

Re: L'chaim! Let's Celebrate! 09 Dec 2020 03:04 #358445

• grant400
  • Platinum Boarder
Mazal tov to Issac on reaching 90!!!

What an accomplishment!!

Thanks for sharing!!!

BE"H many, many more!!

Let's raise a giant goblet of Issacs Ram!

Re: L'chaim! Let's Celebrate! 14 Dec 2020 14:56 #358660

• grant400
  • Platinum Boarder
eyes wrote on 14 Dec 2020 14:45:
Dear Chevra,
I need your prayers.
Bez"H this Friday morning at 8 AM I am IYH being rolled into the operating room to donate a kidney to 22 year old near where I live.
The operation is IYH starting at 9 AM. Please pray. Please pray that everything should go well.

Thanks brothers 

Can we have a tremendous l'chaim in honor of the amazing Harav Eyes! What has doing is mindblowing and one of the most selfless things possible. My respect knows no bounds and I stand in awe before him.

May this incredible mitzvah always remain by his and his familys side, showering then with bracha and hatzlacha!

May everything go smoothly and easily, and may the recovery be quick and painless!

Grant
Last Edit: 14 Dec 2020 14:57 by grant400.

Re: L'chaim! Let's Celebrate! 17 Dec 2020 21:23 #358985

• wilnevergiveup
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Platinum Boarder
jack123 wrote on 16 Dec 2020 14:06:
16 days in. Today was groundbreaking. I was holding a hairbreadth away from acting out basically going that way, and for the first time ever, so close to falling, I snapped out of it and stopped myself.     A public pat on my back!!!!!               Let's keep fighting!!!!!! 

Just saw this and let me tell you, this deserves a l'chaim! This is what this thread is meant for, to celebrating the actual battles that are won!

Anyone want to join? I'm sticking to beer, it's going to be a porter style from our very own local brewhouse anyone else want? We've got IPA, golden ale and oatmeal stout on tap as well.
Check out My Thread and The Truth

(עשה רצונו כרצונך (אבות,ב:ד

Feel free to email me  wilnevergiveupgye@gmail.com

Re: L'chaim! Let's Celebrate! 18 Dec 2020 18:05 #359073

• zedj
  • Current streak: 14 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Forsure a l'chaim!
To many more celebrations!
Jack, you deserve the pat on the back!
Keep posting and inspiring

One who has given up hope is without a G‑d.

One who sees hope in each day is already free

Re: L'chaim! Let's Celebrate! 24 Dec 2020 01:39 #359548

• eyes
  • Current streak: 137 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Grant400 wrote on 14 Dec 2020 14:56:

eyes wrote on 14 Dec 2020 14:45:
Dear Chevra,
I need your prayers.
Bez"H this Friday morning at 8 AM I am IYH being rolled into the operating room to donate a kidney to 22 year old near where I live.
The operation is IYH starting at 9 AM. Please pray. Please pray that everything should go well.

Thanks brothers 

Can we have a tremendous l'chaim in honor of the amazing Harav Eyes! What has doing is mindblowing and one of the most selfless things possible. My respect knows no bounds and I stand in awe before him.

May this incredible mitzvah always remain by his and his familys side, showering then with bracha and hatzlacha!

May everything go smoothly and easily, and may the recovery be quick and painless!

Grant

Thanks Grant.
For some reason I could not connect to GYE in the hospital. 

Thank you for all your blessings. I still don't believe what I just did.

Thanks again

I do have smicha but I dont get the title HARAV.

Thanks Everyone stay strong

Re: L'chaim! Let's Celebrate! 24 Dec 2020 02:16 #359561

• Hashem Help Me
  • Current streak: 2791 days
  • Platinum Boarder
You gave away part of yourself for another. May Hashem give you from His otzaros.....
Feel free to contact me at michelgelner@gmail.com

My threads: Lessons Learned: guardyoureyes.com/forum/20-Important-Threads/335248-Lessons-Learned

My Story and G-d Bless GYE: guardyoureyes.com/forum/17-Balei-Battims-Forum/303036-My-story-and-G-d-bless-GYE

Re: L'chaim! Let's Celebrate! 24 Dec 2020 05:46 #359616

• sapy
  • Platinum Boarder
MAZEL TOV!! 
to our dear brother @Zedj
for reaching 

a full month
may you be able to continue wiwith much success, and to many more milestones and celebrations!

Re: L'chaim! Let's Celebrate! 24 Dec 2020 05:50 #359617

• zedj
  • Current streak: 14 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Thank you youngster!
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!

One who has given up hope is without a G‑d.

One who sees hope in each day is already free

Re: L'chaim! Let's Celebrate! 24 Dec 2020 13:44 #359627

• eyes
  • Current streak: 137 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Hashem Help Me wrote on 24 Dec 2020 02:16:
You gave away part of yourself for another. May Hashem give you from His otzaros.....

Thanks Amen

Re: L'chaim! Let's Celebrate! 07 Jan 2021 05:34 #360755

• lou
  • Platinum Boarder
Raboisai,
We got to start planning the big Seudah. We have only 3 days left until our dear Rebbe,friend ,brother etc  R Grant hits 90 days.... We need to find a hall,party planner,caterer, music etc etc
Much work to be done and time is limited.
All volunteers are welcome
Don't forget to bring a Lchaim!

Re: L'chaim! Let's Celebrate! 07 Jan 2021 23:59 #360807

• Hashem Help Me
  • Current streak: 2791 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Grant's almost 90 days have done more for loads of other guys here than others can do in 900 days. May Hashem bench him with tremendous brocho v'hatzlocha.   I would also dare say that as far as Grant himself is concerned, where he is up to today, at almost 90, won't look so different than day 900 - for he has BH graduated.  But please stay! 
Feel free to contact me at michelgelner@gmail.com

My threads: Lessons Learned: guardyoureyes.com/forum/20-Important-Threads/335248-Lessons-Learned

My Story and G-d Bless GYE: guardyoureyes.com/forum/17-Balei-Battims-Forum/303036-My-story-and-G-d-bless-GYE
Time to create page: 0.71 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes