Welcome, Guest

Reclinin', dentures, pot-bellies & "wdhamrg?"
(0 viewing) 
Getting out of Isolation and connecting with others is an important part of recovery. This board is for non-addiction related threads, where members exchange jokes, have fun - and drink Lechayim Together!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Reclinin', dentures, pot-bellies & "wdhamrg?" 1869 Views

Reclinin', dentures, pot-bellies & "wdhamrg?" 14 Sep 2018 13:38 #335501

• cordnoy
Welcome,

A thread for the old-timers to catch up with each other. At our age, it's difficult to sift thru all the other threads (as important as they may be), and it's not like we don't wanna join in and help out, or even lend a helpin' hand, or just welcome and kibbitz with the newbies, but sadly, we feel out of it. Poppin' in and out every four months just to say, "welcome, you've come to the right place, it saved my life or my wife, there's a lot of help here - as long as you do or don't do such-and-such," we feel silly. But we do wanna give back here and there (which # step is that again?), so we figured that the best way is for us to have our own thread and we will post here about our lives, grandchildren, share pictures of the boardwalk (of course with our eyes, there is never anythin' to look at anyway) and perhaps, if someone else reads some of it, they'll say, "Hey, this is a guy who speaks my lingo (is that still said?) and you'll drop us an aol chat thingy, or however one chit-chats nowadays. There are no rules for this thread. It's not like you need to be over 45 (check), 3 years on gye (check), sober for more than 1,800 hours (check - I think), but if you consider yourself a rockin' chair type of guy (Are the gals still here, "hey edith, do you still have an account on gue?"), remember what underwear Joe namath advertised for, still get a thrill when watchin' the rerun of Grace Kelley (or was it Susan Hayward) tellin' Clark Gable (or was it Humphrey Bogart), "toots, I've got a feelin' we're not in Arkansas no longer (or was it Texas?)," then you're in. Tell us about your struggles (where da hell are my readin' glasses?), your triumphs (actually rememberin' what you ate for breakfast), or whatever tickles your fancy. Subscribe to this thread (ha, like you know how to do that), and who knows, maybe a Kentucky bourbon may pop in for a cameo appearance, a cuddly teddy bear from the Midwest, or who knows? Let's see where this takes us. I'm just acquiessin' to a few old f@$&s (can we say farts on this site? - in rage's days, everythin' was muttar - battlin' 7up on the tarmac was epic!) who sadly can't lust even if they wanted to, I mean they could, but whatever. 

Ok, Dov (is he stillI lurkin'?) is gonna kill me for such a long paragraph - that is if his clients don't kill him first, as he is currently tryin' to keep his pants hitched up to his armpits, as he's rollin' in laughter), but take care guys. Till next time.

TZ.
My email: thenewme613@hotmail.com
My threads: Mikvah Night - Page 1Page 2Page 3Last Page

https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/1-Break-Free/210029-Tryin
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!
My job: Punchin' bag of GYE - "NeshamaInCharge"
Quote from the chevra: "Is Cordnoy truly a Treasure Island pirate from the Southern Seas?"

MY POSTS ARE NOT WRITTEN AS A MODERATOR UNLESS EXPLICITLY STATED.

Re: Reclinin', dentures, pot-bellies & "wdhamrg?" 14 Sep 2018 15:08 #335505

• unanumun
  • Platinum Boarder
Gee! It's been so long. When did they change the look on the forum?
I don't really feel like an old fogy. I actually got alot younger since finding my way to GYE. All the introspection and work ended up making life much more enjoyable. 
I guess all the woodford helped as well 

Re: Reclinin', dentures, pot-bellies & "wdhamrg?" 14 Sep 2018 15:18 #335507

• skeptical
KOT! KOMT!!!
Last Edit: 14 Sep 2018 15:24 by skeptical.

Re: Reclinin', dentures, pot-bellies & "wdhamrg?" 14 Sep 2018 15:31 #335509

• stillgoing
  • Platinum Boarder
Did someone say TZ? And how's my Brooklyn Dodgers been doin lately?
BIG SHOT!
Free Choice?!
Yirai's Memories
STORY TIME :)

Dr. Seuss - You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose. You're on your own, and you know what you know. And you are the guy who'll decide where to go.

FSKOT! (Fell Shmell--Keep on Trucking) (The Rebba R' Bards)

613stillgoing@gmail.com

Re: Reclinin', dentures, pot-bellies & "wdhamrg?" 14 Sep 2018 15:38 #335510

• reallygettingthere
  • Current streak: 72 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Hey! As the creator of the haiku thread I feel compelled to share this
img-20180828-wa0004.jpg

In other news all is well, kids are older, I need reading glasses and every year it's just a little harder than the year before to get up after va'anachnu korim.

And still learning a bit more about myself every day.
Roy in the SA White Book noted that we frequently prayed and it did not work...because the best we could muster was begging G-d to "Please take it away, so I will not have to give it up!

No amount of sobriety can cure the insanity -ChaimCharlie

The emmes hurts but fake chizzuk will hurt more -Bards

Remember, best block, no be there - Mr. Miyagi

Re: Reclinin', dentures, pot-bellies & "wdhamrg?" 14 Sep 2018 16:48 #335511

Wow, what a collection of old timers, and on an erev Shabbos to boot!? Doesn't anyone have anything to do? I know I don't. Only job I've had in the past seven years was monitoring the teens section. Does that even exist anymore? Anyone see me3 around?

A gitten shabbos yungachin

Re: Reclinin', dentures, pot-bellies & "wdhamrg?" 10 Oct 2018 14:07 #336114

• cordnoy
It's rosh chodesh, so it's pop-in time. Ok, done. At our age, just poppin' in can be tiresome. At least that's what my wife says. Ya know, we have these high beds, and after she climbs in, she needs a drink a water, a cool-down routine, and then she's just exhausted. Oh well. My memory ain't what it used to be, but I think t'was the same when we were spring chickens. 

Hey, how's the einikilech? How were the chagim (remember when that was a taboo word? Now we can say God, chagim, repentance and even awnin')? Reminds me, remember when you or one of your friends were embarrassed about your canvas sukkah, cuz it wasn't wood (or doors, better yet)? Now, if you have a wood one, they point you to this thread. AndI sukkah hoppin'!? Forget it! Once they begin drinkin' in one sukkah, that's where they fall asleep. And that reminds me of another thin' (are all old people like this? They/we can't say two sentences one after another on the same topic.) Remember when we could just take a drink or two (or three) at kiddush, or at night, or at a meal (and that's another word that changed.... ItI used to be seudah, now you get invited to Friday night dinner or Shabbos lunch; what's up with that?) And nobody would look at you funny and there was no need to shareI. Now it's a production. The wife coughs or gives you those eyesI (the only time I notice those eyes.... Remember all those movies where the guy says, "when I look into your eyes, I see the mirror of my soul," mine is more like Jim Carrey said, "behind every great man is a woman rollin' her eyes.") And your kids go get the schnapps (Now, it's either scotch or bourbon; and yes, obviously for you chabatzkers, there's vodka) glasses, and then the girls in the house actually remove the bottle from the table. "Hey, I don't see the bentchers, and maybe I'll wanna drink when I stop snorin'." Where was I? No idea? What was I thinkin'? Stopped doin' that for quite some time.

Life is ok; thanks. How's by you?
My email: thenewme613@hotmail.com
My threads: Mikvah Night - Page 1Page 2Page 3Last Page

https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/1-Break-Free/210029-Tryin
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!
My job: Punchin' bag of GYE - "NeshamaInCharge"
Quote from the chevra: "Is Cordnoy truly a Treasure Island pirate from the Southern Seas?"

MY POSTS ARE NOT WRITTEN AS A MODERATOR UNLESS EXPLICITLY STATED.

Re: Reclinin', dentures, pot-bellies & "wdhamrg?" 15 Oct 2018 15:05 #336250

• trouble
  • Platinum Boarder
I'm not really regarded as an old-timer, but I couldn't control myself from posting (I'm an addict leprokim - isn't that a thread someplace?) regarding what happened Friday night in my house this week. I was singing zemiros towards the end of the meal seudah, nursing my glass (sounds like a Billy Joel tune) half-filled with glenfiddich, eyeing the bottle for my fourth, watching the girls clean the table, and the next thing I knew, the table was completely empty except for one bentcher and my glass. Where'd the bottle go? I couldn't help smiling and wondering if Cordnoy was lurking someplace there laughing his head off.
i'm all about that (substantial) bass, no trouble ....

if you're looking for trouble, you can email me @trouble69gye@outlook.com

Re: Reclinin', dentures, pot-bellies & "wdhamrg?" 25 Nov 2018 23:13 #337497

• stillgoing
  • Platinum Boarder
cordnoy wrote on 17 Sep 2014 17:24:
There was a young guy in Israel who met a Sephardi guy on a bus returnin' from Meron, whose friend went to the guru in India and didn't get chased away, for he was eatin' spiritual artichoke casserole. They spoke about Hell and family and Potter when the story actually started again by Neilah of Yom Kippur, then he learned to write 500 interpretations of his sefer - even in Latin, and all of a sudden Esti was eatin' chocolate on Y"K; King David flew on his mighty/humble bird/dove together with Alice and Winnie from Azkaban, and it was there they met King Tankel and Rebbitzen Feidenbergel (and not to get distracted...who can forget Getzel in the woods when he almost got run over by Z's 15 passenger van); and t'was about then when sharks, woodford, Bruckenstirn in the English update (oh....and what he said regardin' numbness...heaven! by numbin' the negative feelin's and emotions, we lose out on the positive ones, like joy, happiness and love) got involved, and then we take a break for muffins and danishes (and we always go back to page 1 - yuch...banana!), sorry I must be sufferin' from a case of futinis...must've been the katzefet last night, or was it the fleishig bagel with tomato sauce and mushrooms? I don't know, but where was I? Right at Fishel's fish store! Khaleed just came and hijacked; terrorized this entire thread! Geez!

Oh well; drink on; le'chayim; party hearty; all da best.

From da best damn chevra in the Universe!

b'hatzlachah
BIG SHOT!
Free Choice?!
Yirai's Memories
STORY TIME :)

Dr. Seuss - You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose. You're on your own, and you know what you know. And you are the guy who'll decide where to go.

FSKOT! (Fell Shmell--Keep on Trucking) (The Rebba R' Bards)

613stillgoing@gmail.com
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.57 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes