Welcome, Guest

Important Variances Regarding Parve Cholent & Beer
(0 viewing) 
Getting out of Isolation and connecting with others is an important part of recovery. This board is for non-addiction related threads, where members exchange jokes, have fun - and drink Lechayim Together!

TOPIC: Important Variances Regarding Parve Cholent & Beer 13414 Views

Re: Important Variances Regarding Parve Cholent & Beer 21 Nov 2014 20:09 #243869

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
reallygettingthere wrote:
People who eat parve cholent don't drink beer.

they drink this

nesher-malt-beer.jpg
Sometimes life is like tuna with not enough mayonaise
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

The reason I'm acting as if I'm pregnant, is because I'm expecting. I should be accepting.
~TZ

Re: Important Variances Regarding Parve Cholent & Beer 21 Nov 2014 22:24 #243878

• dms1234
  • Current streak: 767 days
  • Platinum Boarder
ZemirosShabbos
DMS1234 w/o lamaze
LOL, to be honest i had to look up what that meant but that is funny!

Is a vegan cholent different than a vegetarian cholent?

Does a dairy cholent have the same halacha as a parve cholent? Or is it B'di-evid (correct spelling?)? L'maaseh there is something extra in the pot. Its not just barley and whatever else is in a parve cholent.
I am happy to speak on the phone. Please email me at dms1234ongye@gmail.com

My name is Daniel, I go to face to face meetings and I work the 12 steps with a sponsor. 
Last Edit: 21 Nov 2014 22:25 by dms1234.

Re: Important Variances Regarding Parve Cholent & Beer 21 Nov 2014 23:48 #243884

a dairy cholent is an abomination and morally wrong.
i used to look back all the time saying "oh no! what have i done! Hashem help me erase the past." and i never heard a response.
finally i started looking forward saying "Hashem i'm leaving the past to you and i'm forgetting all about it. help me have a good future. help me from here and on be the person You want me to be." and that's where i realized Hashem had been waiting to help me all along

Re: Important Variances Regarding Parve Cholent & Beer 21 Nov 2014 23:57 #243885

• MendelZ
  • Gold Boarder
nitzotzeloki wrote:
a dairy cholent is an abomination and morally wrong.

Even on Shavuos?
אלא יש לו לייחד כל מעשיו לשמו הגדול לבד, ולא ישתף עמו דבר אחר
That's the goal. The key to everything. Working on it, bs"d.

Re: Important Variances Regarding Parve Cholent & Beer 21 Nov 2014 23:58 #243886

• MendelZ
  • Gold Boarder
On second thought, a dairy chulent is basar b'chalav. So, yeah, its an abomination even on Shavuos.
אלא יש לו לייחד כל מעשיו לשמו הגדול לבד, ולא ישתף עמו דבר אחר
That's the goal. The key to everything. Working on it, bs"d.

Re: Important Variances Regarding Parve Cholent & Beer 22 Nov 2014 02:57 #243888

• dms1234
  • Platinum Boarder
What if i don't eat meat on shabbos? Is it better to not eat dairy/parve cholent than to not eat cholent?

Isn't not eating cholent an issur d'roisa?

My name is Daniel, I go to face to face meetings and I work the 12 steps with a sponsor. 

Re: Important Variances Regarding Parve Cholent & Beer 23 Nov 2014 09:25 #243918

there are possibilities where one could consider having parve cholent, milchig cholent is a stirah minei ubei
i used to look back all the time saying "oh no! what have i done! Hashem help me erase the past." and i never heard a response.
finally i started looking forward saying "Hashem i'm leaving the past to you and i'm forgetting all about it. help me have a good future. help me from here and on be the person You want me to be." and that's where i realized Hashem had been waiting to help me all along

Re: Important Variances Regarding Parve Cholent & Beer 24 Nov 2014 22:26 #244009

• unanumun
  • Platinum Boarder
ZemirosShabbos wrote:
You must put in a six-pack of quality beer.

Is the inyan of the beer a din of bishul or a din of achila?
nafka minas are:
1. Does the beer have to be put in before the cholent gets yad soledes bo? (If so, bedieved is it enough to cool off the cholent or does it have to made from scratch? )
2. Can the beer be heated up in a separate pot and then mixed in together?
3. Is it davka a din in putting the beer into the cholent or can you put the beer in first and then add the cholent?

Another shayla that must be determined:
Can you eat such a cholent during the nine days? perhaps the beer gives it a din of cholent completely thus rendering it as if it was a fleishige cholent?

Re: Important Variances Regarding Parve Cholent & Beer 25 Nov 2014 02:29 #244043

• cordnoy
You don't need to worry.
I put in meat and beer!!!!
My email: thenewme613@hotmail.com
My threads: Mikvah Night - Page 1Page 2Page 3Last Page

https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/1-Break-Free/210029-Tryin
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!
My job: Punchin' bag of GYE - "NeshamaInCharge"
Quote from the chevra: "Is Cordnoy truly a Treasure Island pirate from the Southern Seas?"

MY POSTS ARE NOT WRITTEN AS A MODERATOR UNLESS EXPLICITLY STATED.

Re: Important Variances Regarding Parve Cholent & Beer 25 Nov 2014 02:45 #244044

• gevura shebyesod
  • Current streak: 1226 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Then you have to wait 12 hours before you can eat Milchigs.
!אנא עבדא דקודשא בריך הוא

וּבְיָדְךָ כֹּחַ וּגְבוּרָה וּבְיָדְךָ לְגַדֵּל וּלְחַזֵּק לַכֹּל

"If it would be so easy there wouldn't be a GYE, but if it would be impossible there also wouldn't be a GYE."
"Sometimes a hard decision leads to an easier outcome."
- General Grant

My story: guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/111583-hello-my-friends

Re: Important Variances Regarding Parve Cholent & Beer 28 Nov 2014 18:21 #244258

• cordnoy
in that case, Unan and I will be coffee-free (at least with milk) for a pretty long time.

Quote from the chevra: "Is Cordnoy truly a Treasure Island pirate from the Southern Seas?"

Last Edit: 28 Nov 2014 23:45 by cordnoy.

Re: Important Variances Regarding Parve Cholent & Beer 28 Nov 2014 20:16 #244275

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
uh, you're meant to open the bottle and pour it in, not just plunk in a closed bottle of beer. i wonder if the beer bottle explodes and/or turns brown like cholent eggs. and is it hatmana? and is the label kosher? and is this how they made cholent in Machu Picchu?
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

The reason I'm acting as if I'm pregnant, is because I'm expecting. I should be accepting.
~TZ

Re: Important Variances Regarding Parve Cholent & Beer 28 Nov 2014 20:27 #244278

• cordnoy
T'was poured in already.
Kosher? That's overrated.
Machu Pichuu....? Not sure.
Bucharest? Who gives a damn?
Don't forget a blech!

Re: Important Variances Regarding Parve Cholent & Beer 28 Nov 2014 20:41 #244280

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
ok phew
remember the kishke and the kugel and a turkey drumstick lichvod hayom (you may need a bigger crock pot)
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

~TZ

Re: Important Variances Regarding Parve Cholent & Beer 29 Nov 2014 01:00 #244289

• dms1234
  • Platinum Boarder
You my as well just throw in a matzah ball too! Do you keep gabrukts all year around?

Time to create page: 0.59 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes