Welcome, Guest

Daily Dose of The Battle of the Generation
(0 viewing) 
This is a board for all the important threads that we don't want to get lost among the others :-)

TOPIC: Daily Dose of The Battle of the Generation 4892 Views

Re: Daily Dose of The Battle of the Generation 20 Jun 2023 00:53 #397809

• eccentriccomposer
  • Current streak: 299 days
  • Gold Boarder
Chapter 11: (Pages 92-94)

ITS ALL UP TO ME!

Where's everyone else?
I am not active on the forums anymore so much, but I check my email daily, please reach out to me!

Feel free to message me if you need anything, I'll try to respond as soon as I can. I hope I can help!

Email: eccentriccomposer01@gmail.com

Eccentric Trip to Freedom
Daily Dose

Re: Daily Dose of The Battle of the Generation 22 Jun 2023 19:52 #397952

• eccentriccomposer
  • Gold Boarder
Chapter 12: (Pages 102-104)

Slow and steady wins the race.

Please someone else post! I'm getting lonely!
I am not active on the forums anymore so much, but I check my email daily, please reach out to me!

Feel free to message me if you need anything, I'll try to respond as soon as I can. I hope I can help!

Daily Dose

Re: Daily Dose of The Battle of the Generation 22 Jun 2023 22:06 #397955

• true_self
  • Current streak: 42 days
  • Platinum Boarder
I fell behind, I'm up to page 72, hope to be catching up, please continue posting and sharing.
My thread: From two identities to True self

If you want to reachout to me to talk please email: wish2banonym@gmail.com

Re: Daily Dose of The Battle of the Generation 26 Jun 2023 01:06 #398058

• eccentriccomposer
  • Gold Boarder
Chapter 14:

"The best defense is a good offense."
-George Washington

I think that sums up the chapter.

Daily Dose

Re: Daily Dose of The Battle of the Generation 26 Jun 2023 13:08 #398064

• iwillmanage
  • Current streak: 30 days
  • Expert Boarder
EccentricComposer wrote on 26 Jun 2023 01:06:
Chapter 14:

-George Washington

This sounded like a chiddush so I looked at the chapter. He writes, 'no matter how strong we become, we still need to work daily to stay alert and ready for the yetzer hara, who can strike at any moment' (emphasis in original).
Is that correct? Doesn't there come a stage when we're strong enough that 'daily work' just keeps the obsession alive? I understand not to become too self assured and stay aware of our weaknesses, but will there always be the need to stay on the offensive?

I personally don't think that you, EC, will have to keep reading a daily chapter of this book for the rest of your life!

In football offense may be the best defence, but only because the ball stays far away on the other side of the field

Re: Daily Dose of The Battle of the Generation 26 Jun 2023 13:25 #398066

• cordnoy
iwillmanage wrote on 26 Jun 2023 13:08:

Chapter 14:

-George Washington

This sounded like a chiddush so I looked at the chapter. He writes, 'no matter how strong we become, we still need to work daily to stay alert and ready for the yetzer hara, who can strike at any moment' (emphasis in original).
Is that correct? Doesn't there come a stage when we're strong enough that 'daily work' just keeps the obsession alive? I understand not to become too self assured and stay aware of our weaknesses, but will there always be the need to stay on the offensive?

I personally don't think that you, EC, will have to keep reading a daily chapter of this book for the rest of your life!

In football offense may be the best defence, but only because the ball stays far away on the other side of the field

I never thought the analogy was appropriate for football, for if your offense is that good, you immediately allow the other team's offense back on the field; this has proven to be effective for some AFC teams throughout the years, but come crunch time, such as the playoffs, they would have a difficult time scorin' more points than the other team.

Contrast the battlefield, where a good offense doesn't allow the other team back on the field. 
My email: thenewme613@hotmail.com
My threads: Mikvah Night - Page 1Page 2Page 3Last Page

https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/1-Break-Free/210029-Tryin
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!
My job: Punchin' bag of GYE - "NeshamaInCharge"
Quote from the chevra: "Is Cordnoy truly a Treasure Island pirate from the Southern Seas?"

MY POSTS ARE NOT WRITTEN AS A MODERATOR UNLESS EXPLICITLY STATED.

Re: Daily Dose of The Battle of the Generation 26 Jun 2023 13:29 #398067

• Captain
  • Platinum Boarder
cordnoy wrote on 26 Jun 2023 13:25:

Chapter 14:

-George Washington

I never thought the analogy was appropriate for football, for if your offense is that good, you immediately allow the other team's offense back on the field; this has proven to be effective for some AFC teams throughout the years, but come crunch time, such as the playoffs, they would have a difficult time scorin' more points than the other team.

Contrast the battlefield, where a good offense doesn't allow the other team back on the field. 

Yup, that's exactly why I kept telling my offense to run the ball and punt. Not sure what the rest of the rest of the league was thinking trying to score. -- Rex Ryan
In the place where ba’alei teshuva stand, even pure tzaddikim who never sinned cannot stand. (Rabbi Avohu, Brachos 34b)

Great free resources:
My favorite book for breaking free: The Battle of the Generation 
https://guardyoureyes.com/ebooks/item/the-battle-of-the-generation. Change your attitude and change your life!

Rabbi Shafier's incredible lectures on breaking free: The Fight. Download here: 
https://theshmuz.com/series/the-fight/

If you're only ready to try something small, check out an easier way to do self-talk here:
https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/4-On-the-Way-to-90-Days/378128-Captain—Shtarkemotionals-Secret90Day-Challenge

Re: Daily Dose of The Battle of the Generation 26 Jun 2023 14:43 #398077

• eccentriccomposer
  • Gold Boarder

Chapter 14:

-George Washington

That's exactly what it means. When you have a good offense, it prevents everything else from happening. This challenge is at its worst when it starts, if you make it so it can't start, then that's even better!

Daily Dose

Re: Daily Dose of The Battle of the Generation 26 Jun 2023 15:15 #398083

• cordnoy
EccentricComposer wrote on 26 Jun 2023 14:43:

Chapter 14:

-George Washington

That's exactly what it means. When you have a good offense, it prevents everything else from happening. This challenge is at its worst when it starts, if you make it so it can't start, then that's even better!

Kal hakavod, for whatever works; I specifically did not enter the discussion regardin' this challenge.
My email: thenewme613@hotmail.com
My threads: Mikvah Night - Page 1Page 2Page 3Last Page

https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/1-Break-Free/210029-Tryin
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!
My job: Punchin' bag of GYE - "NeshamaInCharge"
Quote from the chevra: "Is Cordnoy truly a Treasure Island pirate from the Southern Seas?"

MY POSTS ARE NOT WRITTEN AS A MODERATOR UNLESS EXPLICITLY STATED.

Re: Daily Dose of The Battle of the Generation 28 Jun 2023 01:08 #398145

• eccentriccomposer
  • Gold Boarder
Chapter 16: (Pages 121-124)

This chapter contains a very interesting idea, that sometimes when in the midst of a struggle it helps to verbalize the tzdaddim so that you can choose appropriately. Personally, that sounds like it would take TONS of willpower b'shaas maaseh, but definitely a fascinating idea.

I'm glad the last post prompted some discussion, that was one of the points of this, I hope it continues!

Daily Dose

Re: Daily Dose of The Battle of the Generation 29 Jun 2023 00:57 #398186

• eccentriccomposer
  • Gold Boarder
Chapter 16: (Pages 125-127)

Plan ahead.

Daily Dose

Re: Daily Dose of The Battle of the Generation 05 Jul 2023 12:30 #398404

• Captain
  • Platinum Boarder
What are we up to? I lost track
In the place where ba’alei teshuva stand, even pure tzaddikim who never sinned cannot stand. (Rabbi Avohu, Brachos 34b)

Great free resources:
https://guardyoureyes.com/ebooks/item/the-battle-of-the-generation. Change your attitude and change your life!

If you're only ready to try something small, check out an easier way to do self-talk here:
https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/4-On-the-Way-to-90-Days/378128-Captain—Shtarkemotionals-Secret90Day-Challenge

Re: Daily Dose of The Battle of the Generation 11 Jul 2023 12:43 #398573

• Captain
  • Platinum Boarder
Mazel Tov EC! With your permission I'm going to take over the thread for the next few days.

Here's the schedule for the next few days:
Today: Chapter 18: Pages 141-143
Tomorrow: Chapter 19: Pages 145-147
Thursday: Chapter 20: Pages 149-151
Friday: Pages 152-155
Shabbos: Pages 155-157
Sunday: Chapter 21: Pages 159-161
Monday: Pages 162-164
Tuesday: Chapter 22: Pages 165-167
Wednesday: Pages 168-170
Thursday: Chapter 23: Pages 171-173
Friday: Pages 174-176
Shabbos: Pages 177-179

Great free resources:

Re: Daily Dose of The Battle of the Generation 11 Jul 2023 13:25 #398574

• Captain
  • Platinum Boarder
Chapter 18: Pages 141-143
We're getting up to my favorite part of the book!
There is a secret weapon in this battle, and when you master it your life will never be the same!

Great free resources:

Re: Daily Dose of The Battle of the Generation 11 Jul 2023 16:14 #398578

• chaimoigen
  • Current streak: 458 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Captain wrote on 11 Jul 2023 13:25:
Chapter 18: Pages 141-143
We're getting up to my favorite part of the book!
There is a secret weapon in this battle, and when you master it your life will never be the same!

You’ve piqued my interest. I fell behind in the reading. Now I have to catch up!!
Please feel free to reach out anytime at chaim.oigen@gmail.com
Time to create page: 0.74 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes