Welcome, Guest

Daily Dose of The Battle of the Generation
(0 viewing) 
This is a board for all the important threads that we don't want to get lost among the others :-)

TOPIC: Daily Dose of The Battle of the Generation 4888 Views

Re: Daily Dose of The Battle of the Generation 01 Jun 2023 01:54 #396647

• grant400
  • Current streak: 13 days
  • Platinum Boarder
I appreciate the fact that I'm actually reading it this time. I have skimmed through it fast in the past, but this time I'm trying to internalize it.

This doesn't mean I must accept the words as scripture, but it gets me thinking.

Thank you.

Re: Daily Dose of The Battle of the Generation 01 Jun 2023 02:07 #396648

• vehkam
  • Current streak: 981 days
  • Platinum Boarder
"We must remind ourselves that this is our opportunity, the greatest opportunity there ever was. It is not a trap to get us to mess up.  It is what were put on the planet for."

when we remind ourselves of the above, we can change our perspective from someone that is struggling to overcome desire to a totally different perspective of someone that is grabbing opportunities.  

this really works if you build up a passion to grab those opportunities....
vehkam7@gmail.com

guardyoureyes.com/forum/4-On-the-Way-to-90-Days/375452-Work-in-progress

The Battle of the Generation by Hillel S. has been a huge help for me.  Message me to find out how you can receive a free copy.

some of the experiences I write about may make it easier to identify me.  This is ok.  I trust that if anyone discovers my identity they will keep it to themselves.  If you do realize that you  know me, I am completely comfortable and welcome you acknowledging me and my struggle in person.

Re: Daily Dose of The Battle of the Generation 01 Jun 2023 13:16 #396656

• eccentriccomposer
  • Current streak: 299 days
  • Gold Boarder
DAY 4: (Pages 21-23)

Chapter 2 (First Half):

Very nice message, again pounding in that its the challenge that is rewarded, not necessarily the success a the end, that fact that you're trying is a success.

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT:

I'm going home for an off-shabbos, so I won't be online over the next couple of days, so here's the readings for those days:

Friday: Pages 24-27
Shabbos: 29-31
Sunday: 32-34

I will still see what everyone posts, it goes to my email, and I look forward tp reading it.

Hatzlacha Rabba! 
I am not active on the forums anymore so much, but I check my email daily, please reach out to me!

Feel free to message me if you need anything, I'll try to respond as soon as I can. I hope I can help!

Email: eccentriccomposer01@gmail.com

Eccentric Trip to Freedom
Daily Dose

Re: Daily Dose of The Battle of the Generation 06 Jun 2023 21:33 #396981

• eccentriccomposer
  • Gold Boarder
Sorry I haven't updated recently, been super busy, I hope everyone else has been keeping up, would love to hear what everyone else has to say!
I am not active on the forums anymore so much, but I check my email daily, please reach out to me!

Feel free to message me if you need anything, I'll try to respond as soon as I can. I hope I can help!

Daily Dose

Re: Daily Dose of The Battle of the Generation 08 Jun 2023 20:19 #397169

• eccentriccomposer
  • Gold Boarder
Sorry I haven't been on so much lately, but this thread needs some chizuk now!

Chapter 5 (Second Half, pages 48-50)

I love the message: Hashem loves you, know matter how far you might think you are, He is still there rooting for you, and is proud of every single accomplishment.

I hope everyone else is keeping up, I'd love to hear where everyone is holding.

Hatzlacha!

Daily Dose

Re: Daily Dose of The Battle of the Generation 09 Jun 2023 14:24 #397226

• monseyyid41
  • Current streak: 95 days
  • Expert Boarder
Got a bit behind myself, but you got me back on track. Let's keep this going strong, everyone. 
My thread: Forum (guardyoureyes.com)
We are not all in the same boat, but we are all in the same lake. And when one boat is in trouble, the other boats in the lake can quickly come to his aid. Feel free to reach out to me to give some chizuk or to receive some. monseyyid41@gmail.com

Re: Daily Dose of The Battle of the Generation 09 Jun 2023 16:02 #397235

• true_self
  • Current streak: 42 days
  • Platinum Boarder
I feel quite a bit behind, but I printed out some pages to catch up...

And yes we need some chizzuk here, EC we need you more than anyone else, Grant where are you? we are missin' you here.
My thread: From two identities to True self

If you want to reachout to me to talk please email: wish2banonym@gmail.com

Re: Daily Dose of The Battle of the Generation 11 Jun 2023 20:53 #397319

• eccentriccomposer
  • Gold Boarder
Chapter 7: (Pages 58-61)

A beautiful point, that a large help in this struggle is a knowledge of HaShem. A big cheilek of how to start succeeding in this struggle is realizing that He loves you fully. The idea at the end to add a little English part at the end of Shmoneh Esrei is an amazing Eitzah, I've been doing it for a couple of years after seeing it in the first Drasha of the Yaaros Dvash and its extremely powerful.

I want to hear where everyone else is holding and what they have to say!

Daily Dose

Re: Daily Dose of The Battle of the Generation 11 Jun 2023 23:17 #397330

• chaimoigen
  • Current streak: 458 days
  • Platinum Boarder
I am bl"n joining. Started the book. Was appreciating, but wasn't getting around to it enough.
A lot of great insights. Going to try to catch up and keep with the "cycle'.

p.s. Is there a Yerushalmi version when we finish?  
Please feel free to reach out anytime at chaim.oigen@gmail.com

Re: Daily Dose of The Battle of the Generation 14 Jun 2023 01:14 #397467

• eccentriccomposer
  • Gold Boarder
Gotta be mechaper for missing yesterday, will keep on top of today.

Chapter 8-9: (Pages 66-71)

I like the description of the Yetzer Hara's ploys at the beginning of Chapter 9, its so true. It makes you feel like you're missing out, even though your Seichal tells you that you've done this so many times before and haven't gained a thing

I want to hear what everyone else has to say, I can hear the crickets!

Hatzlacha!

Daily Dose

Re: Daily Dose of The Battle of the Generation 14 Jun 2023 01:48 #397476

• grant400
  • Current streak: 13 days
  • Platinum Boarder
EccentricComposer wrote on 14 Jun 2023 01:14:

I like the description of the Yetzer Hara's ploys at the beginning of Chapter 9, its so true. It makes you feel like you're missing out, even though your Seichal tells you that you've done this so many times before and haven't gained a thing

Hatzlacha!

Exactly. 

I'm always making excuses. I just need to see this new thing, and curious about that I have yet to see etc, but every time I give in it's the same aftermath. Regret, nothing new.

Yes I enjoy, but it didn't give me anything new. Same old lust, that will never be satiated. Yet the wheel continues to turn.

Re: Daily Dose of The Battle of the Generation 14 Jun 2023 02:24 #397480

• chaimoigen
  • Current streak: 458 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Grant400 wrote on 14 Jun 2023 01:48:

EccentricComposer wrote on 14 Jun 2023 01:14:

Hatzlacha!

Exactly. 

I'm always making excuses. I just need to see this new thing, and curious about that I have yet to see etc, but every time I give in it's the same aftermath. Regret, nothing new.

Yes I enjoy, but it didn't give me anything new. Same old lust, that will never be satiated. Yet the wheel continues to turn.

My Yetzer Hora always gets in the door with curiosity, too. I am insatiably curious.
Maybe that's why Shlomo emphasizes that its important to know that there's really nothing new.
It's the same corpse - with new makeup. She's beckoning to me tonight - but she can rot without me joining her. I'm running aways from her now... Going someplace safe without a computer.....
Please feel free to reach out anytime at chaim.oigen@gmail.com

Re: Daily Dose of The Battle of the Generation 14 Jun 2023 19:54 #397526

• eccentriccomposer
  • Gold Boarder
Chapter 9: (Pages 72-74)

A very powerful message. The way to beat the Yetzer Hara's tricks is to flip everything around. It makes you think that you're missing out when you exercise your self control and don't give in. So what are you supposed to do? You're supposed to be excited and pumped that you succeeded! Its incredible that you made it! If you have that excitement, you didn't miss out on a thing!

Daily Dose

Re: Daily Dose of The Battle of the Generation 16 Jun 2023 00:52 #397631

• eccentriccomposer
  • Gold Boarder
End of Chapter 9: (Pages 75-77)

Be proud of your successes!!!

Where's everyone else holding?

Daily Dose

Re: Daily Dose of The Battle of the Generation 18 Jun 2023 20:49 #397738

• eccentriccomposer
  • Gold Boarder
Chapter 11: (Pages 89-91)

This chapter describes the experience of hitting rock bottom, and the perspective that oftentimes one can take that experience and use it to flip around their lives. Its very powerful.

Looking forward to everyone else!

Daily Dose
Time to create page: 0.60 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes