Welcome, Guest

The message of Harry's Son
(0 viewing) 
This is a board for all the important threads that we don't want to get lost among the others :-)
  • Page:

TOPIC: The message of Harry's Son 412 Views

The message of Harry's Son 31 Aug 2020 12:12 #354408

• wilnevergiveup
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Platinum Boarder
Reading the story of Harry's Son has really got me thinking, can this be where I would have been if I had not found GYE?

Why not?

I am not that different then he was "way back when" this could happen to me too, no?

Scary.....

I am thinking of maybe writing notes on some of the chapters as I think much can be learned from it.
Check out My Thread and The Truth

(עשה רצונו כרצונך (אבות,ב:ד

Feel free to email me  wilnevergiveupgye@gmail.com

Re: The message of Harry's Son 01 Sep 2020 04:11 #354459

• oivedelokim
  • Current streak: 102 days
  • Platinum Boarder
I read (almost) the whole thread today in one sitting cause of you... what a way to kill an hour...

But seriously it was pretty captivating. I couldn’t stand the all caps and sparse punctuation, so I had to skim a lot and I missed some twists. I would appreciate if someone wrote an outline or something...
I am a bochur with a passion for meaning and truth, searching to remain clean and live a holy and fulfilling life.

If you are reading this-you have a friend in me.
Feel free to PM me and I'll share my offline contact information, so we can call and text. I'd be honored if you'd trust me with your story and promise to support you in any way I possibly can.
I've been on GYE for over 7 years. "I may walk slow, but I never walk back" (-Abraham Lincoln?).
(For the background and meaning of my username- see Tanya chapter 15).

My current thread 

Re: The message of Harry's Son 01 Sep 2020 13:15 #354467

• wilnevergiveup
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Platinum Boarder
bardichev wrote on 15 Oct 2009 18:45:
                                         PART 1

HI MY NAME IS YANKI.

I AM IN THE EIGHT GRADE OF TALMUD TORAH CHUCHMAH-UMUSSAR

I LOVE SCHOOL AND I HAVE A DECENT REBBI

HERE IS THE ISSUE.

MY TATTY IS REALLY INTERSTING

HE IS VERY BUSY WITH HIS NEW BLACKBERRY HE HAS A REAL COOL LAPTOP( I KNOW THE PASSWORD SHHH) HE NEVER LETS ME WATCH ANY VIDEOS BUT.. I THINK HE DOES IN THE SUMMER WHEN IM IN CAMP WHATEVER..

ON SHABBOS, HE DAVENS WITH A BRENN BUT SOMETIMES I AM NOT SURE WHAT HE WANTS FROM ME.

NOW HERE IS THE REAL FUNNY THING MOMMY IS THE BEST MOTHER IN THE WORLD
LOVES ME TO PIECES BUT.. BUT.. SHE AND TATTY ARE MAMESH AH PEERIM SHPEEL

I HAVE TO TELL YOU A SECRET I AM EMBARRASSED TO WALK WITH THEM ON THE STREET

SEE TATTY LOOKS ALL HOLY BIG BEKESHE AND NICE BEARD MOMMY GETS ALL THE STARES OMG!!
SHE DRESSES A LITTLE FUNNY WHATEVER BUT SHE REALLY IS SO FRUM AND EHRLICH SHE REALLY IS

TATTY TELLS ME ALL DAY KEDUSHA SHMEDUSHA KISHKA HEY I TUNE HIM OUT.
HE SCREAMS DON’T TOUCH MY BLACK BERRY !!
MOMMY JUST SHUTS UP AND ROLLS HER EYES

LATER HE LEAVES TO SHUL (SO HE SAYS)
MOMMY SAYS TATTY HAD A HARD DAY

I THINK SHE CRIES A LOT (ITS JUST AN ASSUMPTION)

CAN SOME ONE HELP ME I HAVE SO MANY MIXED MESSAGES

I CAN'T WAIT TO BE BIG AND I WILL DO WHATEVER I WANT

YANKI

(MY TATTY STILL CALLS ME YANKELE,  MOMMY SAYS  HEY YANK SHE IS TOO COOL)

In the first chapter we meet Yanki. Yanki teaches us that our kids understand more then we think and more then that, they grasp the truth. They are intuitive and it doesn't matter what you tell them, it matters how they see you act.

Here Yanki is confused by the images is Father and Mother give off as opposed to the way he actually perceives them in reality. Yanki knows the truth and therefore doesn't understand the dynamic between them.

Tatty gives off the impression of being all frum and Mommy all cool. We don't get too much about Mommy yet but Tatty seems to be very frum and makpid on kedusha while Yanki just knows that there is more. 

Then there is also a glimpse into their shalim bayis. Doesn't seem too bad at this point but we can see clearly they don't see eye to eye when it comes to Yanki. 

Mommy cries a lot, we don't know why yet, it may be shalom bayis issues or something else...

Yanki also loves his Mother, not so much his Father though, not sure why at this point. 

Btw what is a Blackberry?
Check out My Thread and The Truth

(עשה רצונו כרצונך (אבות,ב:ד

Feel free to email me  wilnevergiveupgye@gmail.com
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.35 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes