Welcome, Guest

Regarding the web site
(0 viewing) 
This is a board for all the important threads that we don't want to get lost among the others :-)
  • Page:

TOPIC: Regarding the web site 7249 Views

Re: Regarding the web site 16 Apr 2015 19:04 #252444

• godhelp
  • Current streak: 3 days
  • Gold Boarder
First of all i am really sorry for coming across so strong. Did not mean to offend anybody,since i see my choice of language was offensive to some.

I suggest.
For the developers to create a sub forum where the users can ask website questions, give suggestions, request new features, and give bug reports.

This seems very basic and can be really helpful to everybody to make this community better for everybody.

PS: Let me take the time to say thanks to GYE for saving my life, my marriage, and my yiddishkeit. Specifically to cordnoy who is always there to help me understand myself and guide me with his brilliant insight on life.

Re: Regarding the web site 16 Apr 2015 20:49 #252458

• gevura shebyesod
  • Current streak: 1193 days
  • Platinum Boarder
I think there was once a thread for that... Yeah... Here:
'Fishel Bug Reporting Thread
!אנא עבדא דקודשא בריך הוא

וּבְיָדְךָ כֹּחַ וּגְבוּרָה וּבְיָדְךָ לְגַדֵּל וּלְחַזֵּק לַכֹּל

"If it would be so easy there wouldn't be a GYE, but if it would be impossible there also wouldn't be a GYE."
"Sometimes a hard decision leads to an easier outcome."
- General Grant

My story: guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/111583-hello-my-friends
Last Edit: 16 Apr 2015 20:49 by gevura shebyesod.

Re: Regarding the web site 20 Nov 2015 13:57 #269152

• Yesodi
  • Current streak: 35 days
  • Senior Boarder
Gevura Shebyesod wrote:
Please report specific complaints or suggestions by emailing eyes.guard@gmail.com.

IMHO, temporarily ignoring the somewhat irreverent language used in the original post of this thread, I think that it is very important for there to be a public thread, or even an entire section, dedicated to "Regarding the web site".

If the only avenue for constructive criticism to directly email eyes.guard@gmail.com, then this immensely important and most worthy site will miss out on the opportunity for public discussion on initial suggestions and comments -- which can often lead to a collective "refinement" of these ideas, in the "open source" and "crowdsourcing" traditions. It might even attract tech-savvy members with programming skills to volunteer their time and energy towards advancing the various technologies used by GYE (not only the website, but also the mobile app, and possibly other areas).

To give a sense of how this might look, I present two examples:

• In the "General" section of the NoFap.com Forums, there is an entire "NoFap" subsection dedicated to: "Discussion about NoFap itself - the forum, the website, the apps, etc. Need technical support or want to make a suggestion? This is a great place to get in touch with the team."
  • Associated with the "Mi Yodeya" question-and-answer site that is part of the StackExchange network, there is an associated "Meta" group for discussions on "Mi Yodeya" itself.
I invite you to follow:
Last Edit: 20 Nov 2015 14:00 by Yesodi. Reason: formatting

Re: Regarding the web site 20 Nov 2015 15:24 #269161

• shlomo24
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Platinum Boarder
i just checked out nofap. never heard of it before... really cool
If you're an LGBTQ or LGBTQ-questioning person and looking for someone who can understand you, feel free to reach out. I promise no judgement and to try and listen the best I can. 

Email: iam24zman@gmail.com

Regarding the GYE Android app 10 Feb 2016 22:04 #277447

• Yesodi
  • Senior Boarder
Yesodi wrote on Unknown:

... I think that it is very important for there to be a public thread, or even an entire section, dedicated to "Regarding the web site".

I see that there is still not any sub-forum (or even fixed thread) dedicated to questions, comments, suggestions, and constructive criticism regarding this website and associated tools and services. Chaval.

Anyway, I wanted to ask a few questions regarding the GYE Android App:
  1. First of all, I just noticed that the app no longer appears in the Google Play store.  Why is that?
  2. And my main question: as one who is rather paranoid about possible violations of privacy in connection with such sensitive issues, and who so very much appreciates the importance of GYE's claim to "zealously protect the complete anonymity of all our members," I would like to receive clarification regarding the Android permissions upon which the app relies:

I have already installed the app (v1.36.73.152), and notice that among the various Android permissions that it uses, are: [1] "read phone status and identity"; and [2] "find accounts on the device" / "read Google service configuration".

​As one who is not an expert in Android programming, I innocently and respectfully ask:
    • are these permissions truly needed in order to allow the app to properly function?
    • might these permissions unintentionally compromise the "zealous protection of complete anonymity"?
I invite you to follow:
Last Edit: 10 Feb 2016 22:17 by Yesodi. Reason: clarified subject line

Re: Regarding the GYE Android app 15 Feb 2016 22:34 #277936

• Yesodi
  • Senior Boarder
Yesodi wrote on Unknown:
Anyway, I wanted to ask a few questions regarding the GYE Android App:
  1. First of all, I just noticed that the app no longer appears in the Google Play store.  Why is that?
  2. And my main question: as one who is rather paranoid about possible violations of privacy in connection with such sensitive issues, and who so very much appreciates the importance of GYE's claim to "zealously protect the complete anonymity of all our members," I would like to receive clarification regarding the Android permissions upon which the app relies:

I have already installed the app (v1.36.73.152), and notice that among the various Android permissions that it uses, are: [1] "read phone status and identity"; and [2] "find accounts on the device" / "read Google service configuration".

​As one who is not an expert in Android programming, I innocently and respectfully ask:
    • are these permissions truly needed in order to allow the app to properly function?
    • might these permissions unintentionally compromise the "zealous protection of complete anonymity"?

Am I the only paranoid privacy buf that has such worries (or at keast: questions)?
I invite you to follow:

Re: Regarding the web site 04 Sep 2016 18:43 #294711

• obormottel
  • Platinum Boarder
Regarding new GYE App:
we don't actually collect any info whatsoever, and we'll adjust the requested permissions in the next version.
Baby steps.
If the road is pulling you down, it's a sign that you are going uphill, so just press harder on the gas!

Have a great day - unless, of course, you made other plans.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.59 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes