Welcome, Guest

Our Israeli N'kiyim Klan-O.I.N.K
(0 viewing) 
This is a board for all the important threads that we don't want to get lost among the others :-)

TOPIC: Our Israeli N'kiyim Klan-O.I.N.K 81940 Views

Re: Our Israeli N'kiyim Klan-O.I.N.K 09 Dec 2013 21:47 #224682

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
how about a real life demonstration of a geshtaltzimfleegen transplant?
Sometimes life is like tuna with not enough mayonaise
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

The reason I'm acting as if I'm pregnant, is because I'm expecting. I should be accepting.
~TZ

Re: Our Israeli N'kiyim Klan-O.I.N.K 10 Dec 2013 20:29 #224755

nitzotzeloki wrote:

so our OINK group is growing and evolving. we started doing the 12 steps in a group format.
in other news, most of us went to the conference in yerushalayim. there many people who did not know that our group exists found out about us. now we as a group have some decisions to make. may Hashem guide us.

i posted this on my thread and realized that it might be shayech to the group thread as well
i used to look back all the time saying "oh no! what have i done! Hashem help me erase the past." and i never heard a response.
finally i started looking forward saying "Hashem i'm leaving the past to you and i'm forgetting all about it. help me have a good future. help me from here and on be the person You want me to be." and that's where i realized Hashem had been waiting to help me all along

Re: Our Israeli N'kiyim Klan-O.I.N.K 19 Dec 2013 12:12 #225283

• Pidaini
  • Platinum Boarder
  • פדני מעושק אדם-מיצר הרע העושק את הבריות-רש"י
OK, yes, as written above BIG DRASTIC CHANGES!!!!

We are BH gettig to work, we have together gone through the doctor's opinion, and as of last night we sort of, for the time being, wrapped up bill's story!!

We have grown in numbers (I hope not too many) may Hashem help us all feel comfortable with each other and be able to be open and honest with each other.

In the past two meetings we had some very interesting discussions, about our relationships with Hashem (or lack thereof). Last night we discussed a little bit how even though lust is much more natural of a desire than alchohol, we still have abused the normal desire and have been taking double, triple, if not quadruple, dips. (not heimish gemacht tomato dip).

May Hashem continue to guide us in the right direction, as He has done so wonder-fully* until now!!

*read: full of wonder!!! for that's exactly what it is, amazing, a wonder!! that a group which started out just to satiate one person's curiosity (who? ) has turned into a group of growing, changing, and closely knit dudes!!!
Yankel | My Ladder | Talking to Hashem
I'm just a dude, another guy on this bus.
Have a great day, unless, of course, you made other plans. ~ obbormottel
"Nothing changes as long as everything stays the same" ~ Dov

Re: Our Israeli N'kiyim Klan-O.I.N.K 19 Dec 2013 22:55 #225308

• lizhensk
  • Platinum Boarder
  • You never heard of Rebbes making sholom?
Pidaini wrote:
*read: full of wonder!!! for that's exactly what it is, amazing, a wonder!! that a group which started out just to satiate one person's curiosity (who? ) has turned into a group of growing, changing, and closely knit dudes!!!

"Curiosity killed the cat's addiction"

Excuse Me!!! we're not all "dudes", where's your respect!?!? and im not even talking about myself!!!

oh, btw, how do you pronounce "cathedral"?
Life is Like a Bicycle: If its easy, you're going downhill
Hashem, If I can't have what I want, then please teach me to want what I have -Unknown (and if u know who it was please inform me)
(1+2)x4=3
There is NOTHING wrong with feeling pain -My Sponsor
I will not act out today, I will tomorrow. Maybe when I get to tomorrow, it will again be 'today'
Last Edit: 19 Dec 2013 22:56 by lizhensk.

Re: Our Israeli N'kiyim Klan-O.I.N.K 19 Dec 2013 23:52 #225312

• gevura shebyesod
  • Current streak: 1193 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Lizhensk wrote:

oh, btw, how do you pronounce "cathedral"...
...with an English accent?
!אנא עבדא דקודשא בריך הוא

וּבְיָדְךָ כֹּחַ וּגְבוּרָה וּבְיָדְךָ לְגַדֵּל וּלְחַזֵּק לַכֹּל

"If it would be so easy there wouldn't be a GYE, but if it would be impossible there also wouldn't be a GYE."
"Sometimes a hard decision leads to an easier outcome."
- General Grant

My story: guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/111583-hello-my-friends

Re: Our Israeli N'kiyim Klan-O.I.N.K 22 Dec 2013 23:01 #225425

• TehillimZugger
  • Platinum Boarder
  • לבד הנשמה הטהורה
Very interesting meeting today. You guys got to hear all of TZ's accomplishments and how there is NO WAY such an accomplished guy is going to keep falling [like he did on Shabbos] all the way until he's sixty (by which time he'll have myriad other accomplishments [a three story shul- Yankel? Bruchi?]).
But Surprise! He's sick!

Not bad at all.

Still accomplished [minimum effort maximum results!]

Just sick

Following a simple program of action can help him. Amen.
?דער באשעפער לאווט מיך אייביג. וויפיל לאוו איך עהם
My Creator loves me at all times. How great is my love for him?

Re: Our Israeli N'kiyim Klan-O.I.N.K 23 Dec 2013 07:50 #225446

• kilochalu
  • Platinum Boarder
tehillimzugger wrote:
You guys got to hear all of TZ's accomplishments

some:) KRRK but macht nisht ois
the biggest accomplishment is getting up and KOT and KOP

Re: Our Israeli N'kiyim Klan-O.I.N.K 23 Dec 2013 08:41 #225451

• Pidaini
  • Platinum Boarder
Well Well Well, we can't have everyone thinking that that's all we did yesterday!!

So yesterday was a great meeting (at lease I thought so)!! It wasn't too serious, yet there was a lot of tachlis discussed!! We (were supposed to have)read "there is a solution" in the AA Big Book, and write down what we related to.

We then went through the question, some of them very thought provoking, one of the main ones being "did your [lusticism] touch "all those whose lives touched the sufferer's"?

At first some of us said "no", most of the people who lives touched us, don't even know about it!!! But we then remembered how many times we let people down from things we told them we'd do "when I'm finished", how many times we were in bad moods, how many times we didn't give them the attention they deserved.....it ended up in a resounding "YES" even for those who don't know!!

next question "what was their reaction" was a little more dificult but inna kindly pointed out that there was a massive loss of trust, and others added that their family knows not to ask them for help when something really needs to get done. I remember my mother asking me "why are you so slow about everything that I ask you to do?"

More to come Wednesday Iy"h

Re: Our Israeli N'kiyim Klan-O.I.N.K 23 Dec 2013 17:43 #225463

• lizhensk
  • Platinum Boarder
  • You never heard of Rebbes making sholom?
Thanx for the synopsis leader!
Life is Like a Bicycle: If its easy, you're going downhill
Hashem, If I can't have what I want, then please teach me to want what I have -Unknown (and if u know who it was please inform me)
(1+2)x4=3
There is NOTHING wrong with feeling pain -My Sponsor
I will not act out today, I will tomorrow. Maybe when I get to tomorrow, it will again be 'today'

Re: Our Israeli N'kiyim Klan-O.I.N.K 03 Feb 2014 12:40 #227312

• Pidaini
  • Platinum Boarder
Amazing that this thread hasn't ben erased in all the time that it's been quiet!!!

BH, OINK has been getting together twice a week for some time now. We have been going through the book and most of us (excluding I and some others) have done their 4th and 5th step.

Yesterday we started reading further in the Big Book, chapter 6, and Pidiani and Lizhensk shared similar experiences of people that thye couldn't talk to normally because they were afraid that maybe those people knew of certain falls, but after finally accepting that they may indeed know, we were able to have a normal relationship with them.

Triple D brought up a discussion of "Do I really want to stop?". A question that everyone really has to ask themselves honestly before really doing anything.

We also discussed what "hitting rock bottom" means.

These topics are still up for discussion, and if anyone has anything to share about them, please do not hesitate to post them here.

Re: Our Israeli N'kiyim Klan-O.I.N.K 03 Feb 2014 14:45 #227313

• TehillimZugger
  • Platinum Boarder
  • לבד הנשמה הטהורה
Tz said to Triple-D. I don't really want to stop. I never will. "The man I once was drank, The man I once was will drink again."

The man I hope to become will never want another drink
?דער באשעפער לאווט מיך אייביג. וויפיל לאוו איך עהם
My Creator loves me at all times. How great is my love for him?

Re: Our Israeli N'kiyim Klan-O.I.N.K 03 Feb 2014 16:10 #227315

• think good
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Gold Boarder
about time this thread woke up, i thought you guys had disappeared?

Triple D brought up a discussion of "Do I really want to stop?". A question that everyone really has to ask themselves honestly before really doing anything.

Exactly the question I have been asking myself since Dov spoke at the GYE annual.

lusting after women, masturbating is fun - we enjoy lusting after women.

honesty - yes we want to stop? Or maybe not??

Re: Our Israeli N'kiyim Klan-O.I.N.K 03 Feb 2014 17:36 #227316

• cordnoy
thank you

"rock bottom" is an issue I mentioned before regarding myself; I came onto this site after hitting it once; I then hit it again.

Regarding the concept of "it's fun," I just had that last night. I had seen a movie where there was a sexual scene, and I wanted to see it again (actually I wanted to hear two seconds of it), and I clicked on it, and then at that instant, I received a phone call....nu nu...I'm not the biggest bashert kinda guy, but after the call, I began the process again, and this is what went thru my mind: I don't really wanna do this....but it's fun and enjoyable....is it really? yes it is....but it's not good for me....and with that, I held back and shut it down.

God has been good to me.
I thank Him.

b'hatzlachah
My email: thenewme613@hotmail.com
My threads: Mikvah Night - Page 1Page 2Page 3Last Page

https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/1-Break-Free/210029-Tryin
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!
My job: Punchin' bag of GYE - "NeshamaInCharge"
Quote from the chevra: "Is Cordnoy truly a Treasure Island pirate from the Southern Seas?"

MY POSTS ARE NOT WRITTEN AS A MODERATOR UNLESS EXPLICITLY STATED.

Re: Our Israeli N'kiyim Klan-O.I.N.K 04 Feb 2014 03:43 #227329

• kilochalu
  • Platinum Boarder
TehillimZugger wrote:
Tz said to Triple-D. I don't really want to stop. I never will. "The man I once was drank, The man I once was will drink again."

The man I hope to become will never want another drink

pidaini seemed to disagree about being a different man, no?

Re: Our Israeli N'kiyim Klan-O.I.N.K 04 Feb 2014 10:36 #227347

• Pidaini
  • Platinum Boarder
I don't know, (I think) that's getting into the discussion of "once an addict, always and addict" which I don't care for. If we're living one day at a time, what differnece does it make right now if I will still be an addict in 20 years from now?

I did forget to mention that TZ shared that he realized that the 12 steps isn't a way of dealing with the problems of life, rather it is a tool on how to really enjoy the enjoyment of life.
Time to create page: 0.62 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes