Welcome, Guest

Our Israeli N'kiyim Klan-O.I.N.K
(0 viewing) 
This is a board for all the important threads that we don't want to get lost among the others :-)

TOPIC: Our Israeli N'kiyim Klan-O.I.N.K 81939 Views

Re: O.I.N.K.-O.Y.N.K 08 Jul 2013 00:29 #211454

HashemsSoldier suggested a 12 step format. a suggestion was made to bring some literature (12 & 12 for example) and crack the books
i used to look back all the time saying "oh no! what have i done! Hashem help me erase the past." and i never heard a response.
finally i started looking forward saying "Hashem i'm leaving the past to you and i'm forgetting all about it. help me have a good future. help me from here and on be the person You want me to be." and that's where i realized Hashem had been waiting to help me all along

Re: O.I.N.K.-O.Y.N.K 08 Jul 2013 18:15 #211474

I don't want to be a spoilsport, but I find it a bit strange that:
1. You establish a group with meetings and then ponder what the tachlis is.
2. You establsh roshei tayvos for the group and then ponder what it stands for.
Usually, both these things evolve the other way around.

(Or am I missing something?)

Anyhow - Hatzlacha Rabbah - as the sforim hakdoshim teach us (based on Gemara Chagiga 26a & Niddah 34a) that when Yidden just come together, it brings Tahara into them.

MT

Re: O.I.N.K.-O.Y.N.K 08 Jul 2013 18:55 #211481

• skeptical
Sometimes you just need to jump right in and only then figure out a plan.

Re: O.I.N.K.-O.Y.N.K 08 Jul 2013 19:07 #211482

• gevura shebyesod
  • Current streak: 1193 days
  • Platinum Boarder
It's just like work, we have a committees to decide what the committees should be named, and meetings to discuss what we should discuss at the next meeting (and more importantly, where we should get the sushi from for the next meeting)
!אנא עבדא דקודשא בריך הוא

וּבְיָדְךָ כֹּחַ וּגְבוּרָה וּבְיָדְךָ לְגַדֵּל וּלְחַזֵּק לַכֹּל

"If it would be so easy there wouldn't be a GYE, but if it would be impossible there also wouldn't be a GYE."
"Sometimes a hard decision leads to an easier outcome."
- General Grant

My story: guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/111583-hello-my-friends

Re: O.I.N.K.-O.Y.N.K 08 Jul 2013 19:31 #211485

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
and i think Old McDonald should be made an honorary member
Sometimes life is like tuna with not enough mayonaise
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

The reason I'm acting as if I'm pregnant, is because I'm expecting. I should be accepting.
~TZ

Re: O.I.N.K.-O.Y.N.K 08 Jul 2013 20:49 #211499

well if you spend to much time thinking about what to meet about....you may never meet. but if you meet and then start figuring it out....it becomes official.
anyways....its not a mushroom table it looks more like the steering wheel of an 18 wheeler which happens to be the gye motto....keep on trucking
O.Y. = oy (like as in oy vay)
N.K.= no kidding

oy! no kiddng thats the roshei teivos?
a certain rabbi told me he comes up with roshei teivos at the mikvah....thats where i found this one

Re: O.I.N.K.-O.Y.N.K 08 Jul 2013 21:23 #211507

• gibbor120
  • Platinum Boarder
  • NEVER EVER GIVE UP!
nitzotzeloki, I don't get your avatar???? for "spark of G-d" you put a picture of a monkey????

Re: O.I.N.K.-O.Y.N.K 08 Jul 2013 22:50 #211535

gibbor120 wrote:
nitzotzeloki, I don't get your avatar???? for "spark of G-d" you put a picture of a monkey????

to be honest i was having a hard day and was looking for something ridiculous to put up. however because you mentioned it i will try and make something up
i used to look back all the time saying "oh no! what have i done! Hashem help me erase the past." and i never heard a response.
finally i started looking forward saying "Hashem i'm leaving the past to you and i'm forgetting all about it. help me have a good future. help me from here and on be the person You want me to be." and that's where i realized Hashem had been waiting to help me all along

Re: O.I.N.K.-O.Y.N.K 08 Jul 2013 22:51 #211536

ZemirosShabbos wrote:

dont you mean Alter McDovid? (we are a frum group after all)

Re: O.I.N.K.-O.Y.N.K 08 Jul 2013 23:10 #211539

• gevura shebyesod
  • Platinum Boarder
nitzotzeloki wrote:
ZemirosShabbos wrote:

he meant Mika Dunlede of course..
http://guardyoureyes.com/forum/23-Just-Having-Fun/146892-NAMES!-NAMES!-NAMES!?limit=15&start=90#206445

"If it would be so easy there wouldn't be a GYE, but if it would be impossible there also wouldn't be a GYE."
- General Grant

Re: O.I.N.K.-O.Y.N.K 08 Jul 2013 23:15 #211541

• Pidaini
  • Platinum Boarder
  • פדני מעושק אדם-מיצר הרע העושק את הבריות-רש"י
Machshovo Tova wrote:
I don't want to be a spoilsport, but I find it a bit strange that:
1. You establish a group with meetings and then ponder what the tachlis is.
2. You establsh roshei tayvos for the group and then ponder what it stands for.
Usually, both these things evolve the other way around.

(Or am I missing something?)

What happened was as follows, two of us wanted to get together, so we decided upon a place, one of the group called his friend and told him about it and told him to post that we would be meeting. One of the first things we realized when we were together, was how much more effective everything was when in person. So we decided to get back together, and decide what to do more together.
In other words this was not initialy meant to be ann ongoing group, but it would be a shame to just let it go.
Yankel | My Ladder | Talking to Hashem
I'm just a dude, another guy on this bus.
Have a great day, unless, of course, you made other plans. ~ obbormottel
"Nothing changes as long as everything stays the same" ~ Dov

Re: O.I.N.K.-O.Y.N.K 08 Jul 2013 23:20 #211543

Gevura Shebyesod wrote:
nitzotzeloki wrote:
ZemirosShabbos wrote:

he meant Mika Dunlede of course..
http://guardyoureyes.com/forum/23-Just-Having-Fun/146892-NAMES!-NAMES!-NAMES!?limit=15&start=90#206445

but mika dunlede was a goy.....

Re: O.I.N.K.-O.Y.N.K 09 Jul 2013 02:15 #211567

• lizhensk
  • Platinum Boarder
  • You never heard of Rebbes making sholom?
Pidaini wrote:
What happened was as follows, two of us wanted to get together, so we decided upon a place, one of the group called his friend and told him about it and told him to post that we would be meeting. One of the first things we realized when we were together, was how much more effective everything was when in person. So we decided to get back together, and decide what to do more together.
In other words this was not initialy meant to be ann ongoing group, but it would be a shame to just let it go.

Your account veers so far from what actually happened, it took me a few minutes to realize what u were talking about...
So what actually happened was that 2 of us met (Remember TZ?) then another got jealous and wanted to meet them (sounds more like it Yankel, no?) so, the first 2 made up to meet the third somewhere very quiet... and in the interim, one of the first 2 (with the agreement of the other) posted it on GYE, and then another 4 people showed up. so there.
Life is Like a Bicycle: If its easy, you're going downhill
Hashem, If I can't have what I want, then please teach me to want what I have -Unknown (and if u know who it was please inform me)
(1+2)x4=3
There is NOTHING wrong with feeling pain -My Sponsor
I will not act out today, I will tomorrow. Maybe when I get to tomorrow, it will again be 'today'

Re: O.I.N.K.-O.Y.N.K 09 Jul 2013 11:46 #211582

nitzotzeloki wrote:
gibbor120 wrote:

to be honest i was having a hard day and was looking for something ridiculous to put up. however because you mentioned it i will try and make something up

gibbor i think i got something
nitotzeloki is our essence but we also have a nefesh ha'behamis that we have to be aware of. saying "oh im all G-dly i dont have to worry about any addictions or anything" is not ok. (also an expression is "getting into recovery is getting the monkey off your back")

Re: O.I.N.K.-O.Y.N.K 09 Jul 2013 17:13 #211593

• gevura shebyesod
  • Platinum Boarder
TZ asked me to post the following:

Guest post, by TZ:

Only Israeli Nekiyus Chaverim, OINC

Now that we cleared that up, let's get on with the business:

A. What is our group doing?

I think we agreed to read the Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions, discuss it, try to implement it, and try to get guidance from Rabbi Twerski and Guard.

Additionally we can sit around and kvetch about our wives' phobia of Arab Taxi Drivers [Pidaini], their phobia of Mushroom Table Meetings [Lizhensk], or their phobia of Meeting Us [the bachurim].

B. When will our group convene?

There are some Israeli Nekiyus Chaverim [INKies] that do not live in Yerushalayim and would like to participate; late-night mushroom tables wouldn't work for them.

Some INKies [like Hashem's Soldier] learn in a strict yeshiva and can't get out during the day [seriously? Tell your mashgiach he should worry more about where you hang out at night…] Some INKies are serious about learning and wouldn't do something in middle of seder [Avrom, ok ok, all of us of course].

Some INKies [as previously mentioned] are afraid of their wives and prefer to smuggle out during the day and tell their wife they were learning [until of course she speaks with your chavrusa.]

Disclaimer: OINK OINK does not sanction lying to wives or Mashgichim.

So what do we do?

I think that for the majority, late night Thursday works best and as much as we would like to include Oy OY [Out Of Yerushalayim] INKies, it doesn't seem to be working out. Perhaps it's best that OyOY INKies are not included at the present time, maybe we can have a special get together Rosh Chodesh Elul or something during the day so that oyoyinkies could join. But at the present we're best off just getting our group off the ground.

We do want to accommodate Lizhensk, but truth is I don't know if it's good for the Rebbe to mingle with the oilam so much [kidding of course]. Either work something out with your wife, or convince her that you're fihring tisch because Reb Meilich Biderman is absent or something…

C. Where?

So TZ said his apartment is available during Bein HaZmanim. He was mistaken, 'tis not. [Besides, he really can't make it look presentable from now 'til Thursday, it's a coupla weeks work at least.]

So if we do it at night, like last time, the mushroom table is a great choice, and even for those that weren't there last time, there are enough mushrooms to seat many.

If it is decided to do it during the day, a different venue will have to be found, perhaps we can go with Nitzotz's suggestion, though it'll mean a bus ride to get there, or maybe someone else has an idea- maybe the Lizhensker Poolisch or Uri's Pizza.

- General Grant

Time to create page: 0.59 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes