Welcome, Guest

Daily (I hope) Excerpt from Sefer Zos Brisi
(0 viewing) 
If you've made progress - thank G-d, double your merit by inspiring others as well! Post the tips and advice that worked best for you in your journey to sobriety or tell us about recommendations you heard from others that work.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Daily (I hope) Excerpt from Sefer Zos Brisi 1264 Views

Re: Daily (I hope) Excerpt from Sefer Zos Brisi 14 Feb 2021 14:28 #363299

• anothershot
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Expert Boarder
Gut Vuch I hope everyone has a tremendous week! 

The Vilna Gaon writes in Even Shelaimah:
"A baal taavah must invest much effort to attain his goals, while the man of self control attains his goal without much effort at all."

The reason for this is simple, the person that is in control of his lust and lives to satisfy Hashem's will merits siyata dishmaya in everything that he does. Therefore he only needs to make a token effort and Hashem does the rest. The baal Taavah on the other hand doesn't merit this same help from Hashem. 

May we all be zoche to overcome our lust & merit siyata dishmaya in all that we do in Ruchniyos & Gashmiyus

Hatzlacha to all! 
Anothershot 
My threads:
Giving it another shot

One step at a time

I am going to beat this monster one step at a time... One day at a time!

Re: Daily (I hope) Excerpt from Sefer Zos Brisi 15 Feb 2021 15:14 #363426

• anothershot
  • Expert Boarder
The following is written in the sefer os bris kodesh:

There was a Rav & Av beis din in Morocco named R' Raphael Berdugo zt"l. At the end of his life he summoned carpenters & asked that they build an Aron Kodesh for him to be buried in. He revealed that this was in the merit of his absolute perfection throughout his entire life in shmiras habris. They honored his request & this is how he was buried. 

A year later the government forced them to exhume the Aron & open it. They found that the Ravs face was as radiant as the sun, it looked as if he were asleep on his bed. 

Hatzlacha to all! 
Anothershot 
My threads:
Giving it another shot

One step at a time

Re: Daily (I hope) Excerpt from Sefer Zos Brisi 16 Feb 2021 02:58 #363460

• davidt
  • Platinum Boarder
anothershot wrote on 15 Feb 2021 15:14:
The following is written in the sefer os bris kodesh:

There was a Rav & Av beis din in Morocco named R' Raphael Berdugo zt"l. At the end of his life he summoned carpenters & asked that they build an Aron Kodesh for him to be buried in. He revealed that this was in the merit of his absolute perfection throughout his entire life in shmiras habris. They honored his request & this is how he was buried. 

A year later the government forced them to exhume the Aron & open it. They found that the Ravs face was as radiant as the sun, it looked as if he were asleep on his bed. 

Hatzlacha to all! 
Anothershot 

Very interesting... 
Throughout history, it has been reported about many different tzaddikim whose bodies were found after many years to be complete and whole. It is said that in the Nazis ym”s forced some yidden to dig up the grave of Reb Elimelech of Lizhensk, and they found his body in a way that it  looked like he was sleeping. It said that when the Stoliner Rebbe R’ Yochanan Perlow’s body was transferred after a year to be buried in Eretz Yisroel, some eyewitnesses reported saying that they saw his body fresh and clean as if he had just passed away. 
"If I am not for myself, who will be for me? But if I am only for myself, who am I? If not now, when?"
feel free to reach out @  ahavayirah@gmail.com

Re: Daily (I hope) Excerpt from Sefer Zos Brisi 16 Feb 2021 14:41 #363494

• anothershot
  • Expert Boarder
Thank you DavidT for adding to the thread!

Besides for the incredible Nes of his body remaining intact I took out of the story another lesson. You see from here how important it is to recognize your accomplishments especially in this area. The fact that he had them prepare a special aron for him shows that although I'm sure he was a humble person he knew that at times we must acknowledge our accomplishments and he even did so publicly. 

Hatzlacha to all!
Anothershot
My threads:
Giving it another shot

One step at a time

Re: Daily (I hope) Excerpt from Sefer Zos Brisi 17 Feb 2021 13:40 #363573

• anothershot
  • Expert Boarder
This next piece should talk to everyone! 

The Sefer Habris quotes the Rokeach:
"We have a tradition which has been tried & proven that someone who regularly is guilty of pgam habris will not be successful in his endeavors. 
Whatever work he does whatever business he deals in will fail. Gold in his hands will be like copper. This punishment is midah kneged midah".

May we all be zoche to siyata dishmaya in shmiras habris and may that lead us to hatzlacha in all inyanim! 

Hatzlacha to all! 
Anothershot 
My threads:
Giving it another shot

One step at a time

Re: Daily (I hope) Excerpt from Sefer Zos Brisi 07 Mar 2021 14:25 #364881

• anothershot
  • Expert Boarder
Sorry that it has been a while since I last posted. 

In megilas Esther we read how the king removed his signet ring and gave it to Mordechai. We know that any time that it says just Hamelech in the megilah it refers to Hashem. The Vilner gaon says that the signet ring refers to the os bris, the sign of the holy covenant of milah. 
When someone guards his covenant by maintaining self control, Hashem hands him His ring, כביכול, giving him power to rule even over the heavenly angels in the next world. 
This was the reward that Chanoch received for shmiras habris. 

Hatzlacha to all! 
Anothershot 
My threads:
Giving it another shot

One step at a time

Re: Daily (I hope) Excerpt from Sefer Zos Brisi 08 Mar 2021 15:24 #364976

• anothershot
  • Expert Boarder
The  Gemara relates that the mazal under which a person is born can have a profound influence on his nature & life. 
R Chaim Palagi writes in Nefesh Kol Chai
"through the combined merits of shmiras habris & Torah one merits life & sustenance. Though his mazal might indicate otherwise, these 2 merits can override his mazal".

Hatzlacha to all! 
Anothershot 
My threads:
Giving it another shot

One step at a time

Re: Daily (I hope) Excerpt from Sefer Zos Brisi 24 Mar 2021 02:55 #366001

• Ish MiGrodno
  • Current streak: 1378 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Oy, where is my daily chizuk?
מאין יבא עזרי

Seeking inspiration in Grodno ~ IMG

ה׳ עמך גבור החיל! [שופטים ו׳ יב׳]

Perhaps you can find chizuk from my thread at guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/356161-Intro 

Feel free to reach out to me at
jackz90dys@gmail.com

Re: Daily (I hope) Excerpt from Sefer Zos Brisi 02 Apr 2021 15:08 #366287

• anothershot
  • Expert Boarder
Chazal tell us that the jews left Egypt in the merit of the Torah (that they would soon receive) and the merit of Bris Milah, because these 2 merits have the power to alter the mazal and effect changes that are beyond the plane of nature.

Have a great Yom Tov! 
Anothershot 
My threads:
Giving it another shot

One step at a time

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.47 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes