Welcome, Guest

In dire need of support
(0 viewing) 
Welcome to our forum! Introduce yourself here (anonymously, of course) and get a warm welcome from the rest of the community!
  • Page:

TOPIC: In dire need of support 456 Views

Re: In dire need of support 16 Jan 2024 00:01 #407118

• yitzchokm
  • Current streak: 290 days
  • Platinum Boarder
I sent you a private message. You can access it on the forum homepage.

Re: In dire need of support 16 Jan 2024 00:30 #407120

• notgivingup321
  • Current streak: 206 days
  • Fresh Boarder
yitzchokm wrote on 16 Jan 2024 00:01:
I sent you a private message. You can access it on the forum homepage.

Ok thanks much
just bought this book of Amazon 
I hate to read digital I’m much better with physical hard copy book

Re: In dire need of support 16 Jan 2024 23:53 #407158

• eerie
  • Current streak: 720 days
  • Platinum Boarder
In my limited experience I have seen that people who keep up with friends that are in them in this struggle really helps them keep up the momentum. My friend, I'm sorry for the pain. It really hurts. Remember, you are human, and human beings are challenged. And we sometimes fall. That's ok, as long as we just GET UP AND KEEP TRUCKING!!! Stick around, my friend. Share. And Smile!
Feel free to say hi. My email is 1gimpelovitz@gmail.com

Re: In dire need of support 18 Jan 2024 15:31 #407263

• notgivingup321
  • Fresh Boarder
BH I've achieved a two-day clean streak, and it's a small victory compared to being clean for over 1200 days. I often wish our minds and subconscious were akin to computers, easily reprogrammable. Rabbi Avdiger Miller says that there's no true deletion from the subconscious; instead, we should focus on building positive layers on top of it, accumulating as much as we can.

Re: In dire need of support 18 Jan 2024 19:22 #407275

notgivingup321 wrote on 18 Jan 2024 15:31:
BH I've achieved a two-day clean streak, and it's a small victory compared to being clean for over 1200 days. I often wish our minds and subconscious were akin to computers, easily reprogrammable. Rabbi Avdiger Miller says that there's no true deletion from the subconscious; instead, we should focus on building positive layers on top of it, accumulating as much as we can.

I can very much relate to the way you're feeling.  You CANNOT let yourself get pulled down by this setback.  The real מלחמת היצר for you just began. As we say והסר שטן מאחורינו, it means after the חטא, to not allow ourselves to fall for the trap of the YH.

Re: In dire need of support 16 Feb 2024 14:19 #408771

• notgivingup321
  • Fresh Boarder
Today marks 31 days clean still have a long way to go to get back to 1300 days where I’m coming from

important lesson I learned you can NEVER let your guard down and you ALWAYS have to avoid triggers 

As a Jew it’s also important to know that it is not all or nothing we have an opportunity for greatness each and every day.

I started reading the book almost every day the battle of the generation and it really helps to put things in perspective and to slowly re-wire the brain

Wishing ALL of you a warm and lovely Shabbos 

Re: In dire need of support 17 Feb 2024 20:05 #408788

notgivingup321 wrote on 16 Feb 2024 14:19:
Today marks 31 days clean still have a long way to go to get back to 1300 days where I’m coming from

important lesson I learned you can NEVER let your guard down and you ALWAYS have to avoid triggers 

As a Jew it’s also important to know that it is not all or nothing we have an opportunity for greatness each and every day.

I started reading the book almost every day the battle of the generation and it really helps to put things in perspective and to slowly re-wire the brain

Wishing ALL of you a warm and lovely Shabbos 

Amazing!
Keep it up!

Re: In dire need of support 16 Apr 2024 10:49 #411900

• boardg
  • Fresh Boarder
congratulations on 90 days

Re: In dire need of support 16 Apr 2024 17:25 #411927

• notgivingup321
  • Fresh Boarder

Thank you, Hashem, for granting me the strength to reach 90 days. Although it pains me greatly to have stumbled after 500 clean days, it was a vital lesson learned: as long as you breathe, you must NEVER let your guard down and always avoid all triggers.

I am grateful to enter this holiday of holiness with 90 clean days behind me, even though it could have been 600 days.

Thank you so much to all my GYE brothers for your support, both publicly and privately. I LOVE YOU ALL.

Re: In dire need of support 19 Apr 2024 04:26 #412071

"As long as you breathe, you must NEVER let your guard down and always avoid all triggers."
FACTS.
Terrific perspective-keep up the amazing work!!!
"It ain't about how hard you hit.
It's about how hard you can GET hit,
and keep moving forward,
how much you can TAKE,
and keep moving forward.
That's how winning is done!"

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.43 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes