Welcome, Guest

From two identities to True self
(0 viewing) 
Welcome to our forum! Introduce yourself here (anonymously, of course) and get a warm welcome from the rest of the community!

TOPIC: From two identities to True self 12244 Views

Re: From two identities to True self 06 Aug 2023 13:56 #399531

• true_self
  • Current streak: 42 days
  • Platinum Boarder
chaimoigen wrote on 04 Aug 2023 17:00:
In the Zchus of the efforts that you, my special Heilige friend, are investing for Kedusha and Tahara, may the Rebono Shel Olam send only Simcha and Bracha. Connecting to His bracha (not Wifi )
Keep on trucking and climbing! 

Git Shabbos

Hashem's brachos come through wireless (but he doesn't need wifi) 

Chaim, You are the best!!! You open up my eyes to see חיים אמיתיים!
My thread: From two identities to True self

If you want to reachout to me to talk please email: wish2banonym@gmail.com
Last Edit: 06 Aug 2023 13:57 by true_self.

Re: From two identities to True self 31 Aug 2023 22:13 #400726

• true_self
  • Platinum Boarder
20 Days clean Thank god
In the past few weeks me and my wife have been riding (and it's seems that we continue to) the most bizarre roller-coaster ever! One moment it seemed that everything is perfect, calm and safe, and suddenly it felt as if our relationship has reached its end (don't worry it only felt so but deep within i knew that divorce is not happening, but sometimes our emotions take us over so strongly that we feel as if it's reality).
Right now my wife is very weak and in bed almost the entire day and of course understandably not in the greatest mood, she also feels her emotions stronger than ever before, I can blame it on hormonal imbalance (due to birth control) but it won't help me solve the problems.
As her husband and a father to my baby, I need to make sure she eats and rests, feed my baby, make some laundries, shop, clean etc. and I'm left with almost no energy to just spent some quality time with my wife, so she of course feels alone....
Never mind that I have zero energy to keep my eyes on the ball, and it of course badly affects my attraction to her.
I know that comparison is my biggest enemy right now, but i'm struggling to gain sanity over it, my mind just keeps on rushing with unwanted thoughts that seem to be uncontrollable, Any tips would be appreciated.
I writing this in order to get these feelings of my heart and try to connect with some friends.

All the best
True self

Re: From two identities to True self 31 Aug 2023 22:45 #400727

• redfaced
  • Current streak: 517 days
  • Platinum Boarder
true_self wrote on 31 Aug 2023 22:13:
20 Days clean Thank god
In the past few weeks me and my wife have been riding (and it's seems that we continue to) the most bizarre roller-coaster ever! One moment it seemed that everything is perfect, calm and safe, and suddenly it felt as if our relationship has reached its end (don't worry it only felt so but deep within i knew that divorce is not happening, but sometimes our emotions take us over so strongly that we feel as if it's reality).
Right now my wife is very weak and in bed almost the entire day and of course understandably not in the greatest mood, she also feels her emotions stronger than ever before, I can blame it on hormonal imbalance (due to birth control) but it won't help me solve the problems.
As her husband and a father to my baby, I need to make sure she eats and rests, feed my baby, make some laundries, shop, clean etc. and I'm left with almost no energy to just spent some quality time with my wife, so she of course feels alone....
Never mind that I have zero energy to keep my eyes on the ball, and it of course badly affects my attraction to her.
I know that comparison is my biggest enemy right now, but i'm struggling to gain sanity over it, my mind just keeps on rushing with unwanted thoughts that seem to be uncontrollable, Any tips would be appreciated.
I writing this in order to get these feelings of my heart and try to connect with some friends.

All the best
True self

Sounds like you're going through a very hard time!
Also sounds like you're doing an absolute amazing job being dad mom and hubby.
I can totally empathize with you . Wife gets very sick when she's pregnant And i find myself in the exact same position .
Taking care of a sick wife , all the kids , the house , laundry , meals, carpools ect.
Exhausted.
Every day . 
For a few months.
But there was a light at the tunnel , and the darker the tunnel the brighter the light .
Hold on buddy - youre doing great!
May you slide down the banister of happiness and get many splinters of success up your career

Feel free to send me an owl, a howler, or even a Crumple-Horned Snorkack to Iamredfaced@gmail.com

The Red Face

Re: From two identities to True self 31 Aug 2023 23:17 #400731

• eerie
  • Current streak: 776 days
  • Platinum Boarder
20 Days clean Thank god

All the best
True self

My dear friend, I'm so sorry for your challenging time, be it for a happy reason. It is tough. Is cleaning help a possibilty? Do you have family that can possibly help with some meals? Is babysitting an option? My friend, like you wrote, we are only able to stretch so thin. You are doing a great job taking care of your wife. Please, take care of yourself, too. Get help wherever possible. Accept offers! Now is not the time to be proud and tell people that you can do it alone
And, my hugs, my friend. I'm  with you. We are all with you. It's vary hard. BeH your wife will get back to herself. Life will beH return to normal. And she will forever remember what you have done. And Hashem will too!
Feel free to say hi. My email is 1gimpelovitz@gmail.com
Last Edit: 31 Aug 2023 23:18 by eerie.

Re: From two identities to True self 01 Sep 2023 16:56 #400755

• chaimoigen
  • Current streak: 505 days
  • Platinum Boarder
20 Days clean Thank god

All the best
True self

You are true and good, my friend.
These are very difficult situations you describe. One tip I feel comfortable giving:
It's ok to have thoughts. They happen. Comfort yourself: Remind yourself that they are just thoughts.  And move on and keep trucking. That's all.
The Nesivos Shalom writes that לא תתורו אחרי לבבכם  means that this Issur is not to have thoughts. Having thoughts isnt a problem. Its Dwelling On and exploring the thoughts that are a problem. Don't go there, don't get too hung up them. Just keep going on.

Keep your chin up. You're a special guy. Your wife is lucky to have you.
And so are we!!
Gut Shabbos!
Menucha Visimcha! 
Please feel free to reach out anytime at chaim.oigen@gmail.com

Re: From two identities to True self 01 Sep 2023 17:07 #400757

• cordnoy
20 Days clean Thank god

All the best
True self

Intro (which may be longer than my actual post on the topic at hand): Mr. TrueSelf and I have a nice (perhaps special) relationship, so don't you all pile on and say that Mr. Cordnoy is an S.O.B. (you can if you want; I truly don't care - truthfully, it probably even makes me feel good, so go for it!), as the contrarian in me says as follows: 

Mr. TrueSelf, welcome to the big leauges and marriage (baby - and all that comes with the bundle of joy, and all your extra travel); now, grow up and move the hell on!

Godspeed!
My email: thenewme613@hotmail.com
My threads: Mikvah Night - Page 1Page 2Page 3Last Page

https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/1-Break-Free/210029-Tryin
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!
My job: Punchin' bag of GYE - "NeshamaInCharge"
Quote from the chevra: "Is Cordnoy truly a Treasure Island pirate from the Southern Seas?"

MY POSTS ARE NOT WRITTEN AS A MODERATOR UNLESS EXPLICITLY STATED.

Re: From two identities to True self 01 Sep 2023 17:20 #400759

• chaimoigen
  • Platinum Boarder
cordnoy wrote on 01 Sep 2023 17:07:
 Mr. TrueSelf and I have a nice (perhaps special) relationship, so don't you all pile on and say that Mr. Cordnoy is an S.O.B.

Godspeed!

The contrarian in me wishes to accentuate that Mr. Cordnoy, besides bein' a contrarian, is also a good friend who specializes in tough love. And a good pirate. 

Godspeed!
Last Edit: 01 Sep 2023 17:21 by chaimoigen.

Re: From two identities to True self 01 Sep 2023 17:38 #400761

• redfaced
  • Current streak: 517 days
  • Platinum Boarder
cordnoy wrote on 01 Sep 2023 17:07:

20 Days clean Thank god

All the best
True self

Intro (which may be longer than my actual post on the topic at hand): Mr. TrueSelf and I have a nice (perhaps special) relationship, so don't you all pile on and say that Mr. Cordnoy is an S.O.B. (you can if you want; I truly don't care - truthfully, it probably even makes me feel good, so go for it!), as the contrarian in me says as follows: 

Mr. TrueSelf, welcome to the big leauges and marriage (baby - and all that comes with the bundle of joy, and all your extra travel); now, grow up and move the hell on!

Godspeed!

Would have been better grow the hell up up and move on!
One thing has nothing to do with the next. Growing up & moving on doesnt negate the need for Chizzuk,
He is in slightly more of a trying circumstance 
Seems like hes doing a good job growing up & staying strong
But there aint nothing like a good kvetch to make someone feel better.
May you slide down the banister of happiness and get many splinters of success up your career

Feel free to send me an owl, a howler, or even a Crumple-Horned Snorkack to Iamredfaced@gmail.com

The Red Face
Last Edit: 01 Sep 2023 17:40 by redfaced.

Re: From two identities to True self 01 Sep 2023 18:36 #400764

• homerun20
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks for sharing! We are all here for each other. We all are here because we struggle and sharing our struggles only helps us get better. Thanks you for sharing, because we each give each other Chizuk 

Re: From two identities to True self 03 Sep 2023 14:37 #400793

• chaimoigen
  • Platinum Boarder
Hey my dear friend True Self - How are you doing?
Hope Shabbos was ok, maybe things looking up a little...  We are thinking about you and having you in mind!

In Lidovid we say קוה אל ה׳ חזק ואמץ לבך וקוה אל ה׳
This means that sometimes we need to be Michazeik ourselves in order that we can keep on hoping. Hope isn't to be taken for granted, but it's also a Bracha from Hashem that we can request. And he will answer.... לך אמר לבי בקשו פני...

Please keep in touch! Chin up!

מאן דבעי חיים

Re: From two identities to True self 04 Sep 2023 22:17 #400840

• true_self
  • Platinum Boarder
 Dear friends, thanks for all your chizzuk and sympathy.
I would like to celebrate my perhaps small victory I just had. Shabbos morning I woke up with an intense urge to masturbate, I believe that the urge occurred because I was up to 22 days clean which is lately my typical streak length, so my brain has developed a kind of pattern, it happens to be that my wife unexpectedly (meaning it was not supposed to happen) became a safek niddah on Friday, I don’t blame it as the cause to have an urge but it might have intensified the urge and definitely made it harder to resist.
BH I had the strength to stop after just a few seconds and succeeded in staying yet another day clean, THY!

@cordnoy, You are definitely a successful pirate , real friends say what needs to be said in the right time and right way.

Re: From two identities to True self 04 Sep 2023 22:18 #400841

• true_self
  • Platinum Boarder
Happiness in my life is NOT dependent on if my wife will wear a **** **** ******* with all kinds of styles that I like, or by her wearing ***** ***** ** *****, **** ******** **** ***** **** ****, **** ****** *** ******, the proof is that the men who’s wife do dress like that are not more happy because of it, because the YH pulls a person to always crave more than what he has… [from my special friend Heeling (shoutout) I learnt that one can be happy and gratified even when his wife dresses in a way that he doesn’t like or even hates], instead what going to really make me happy is, if I will reconnect (can’t remember last time I did this) with my inner conscious and listen, feel and do what I really want, desire, admire and aspire to, it is to express my hidden strength by keeping my eyes in control, not looking at every girl/woman passing my sight, stop comparing and slowly but surely shift my focus back on my wife’s inner beauty, qualities and unconditional love (I used to think of them more often).

Yes, I know that it’s extremely difficult and I might not succeed in looking away from tempting scenes the entire day or even just for several hours/minutes/seconds, nevertheless it’s not an excuse not to start or to give up, because every single time I close my eyes and look away, it makes me a greater and better person/husband, it reduces my resentment and makes me feel more satisfied with myself and what I have (my dear wife), getting yet another step closer to my ultimate goal.

YES! It is possible for me to achieve greatness, to watch my eyes and not automatically be carried away by every thing that catches its attention. I can and am in control of my eyes, heart and mind, by filling them up with positive views, emotions and thoughts. I can be completely connected to my dear wife and be attracted only to her. I am capable of creating a wonderful relationship in which she can feel that the only woman in the world I’m interested in and really want to be with, look at, connect, enjoy and spend my entire life with is her!

-[A note written to myself that I should constantly review and practice].

P.S. My wife told me that she’s not willing to go to mikvah as long as I engage emotionally with other women on the street, it makes her feel unloved and unhappy with herself.
I accept, understand and respect her feelings and don’t blame her, and I hope to get help to be able to improve matters before it’s too late.

All the best.

Last Edit: 04 Sep 2023 22:21 by true_self.

Re: From two identities to True self 04 Sep 2023 23:31 #400847

• Heeling
  • Current streak: 76 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Great last two posts!

Love every word. Keep it up! your an inspiration, your a wonderful husband and you will IYH reach your ultimate goals (and so will I and everyone else here).
You can win the fight, but I'll have to live with the loser.

Any excuse you use for yourself, you must be willing to use for your wife.

Not Always can I understand others, but I can always respect their wishes.

You're human, it's okay.

One half of the world cannot understand the pleasures of the other.
Last Edit: 04 Sep 2023 23:41 by Heeling.

Re: From two identities to True self 05 Sep 2023 00:24 #400848

• eccentriccomposer
  • Current streak: 299 days
  • Gold Boarder
Wow, amazing posts, keep us posted!
I am not active on the forums anymore so much, but I check my email daily, please reach out to me!

Feel free to message me if you need anything, I'll try to respond as soon as I can. I hope I can help!

Email: eccentriccomposer01@gmail.com

Eccentric Trip to Freedom
Daily Dose

Re: From two identities to True self 14 Sep 2023 12:40 #401130

• true_self
  • Platinum Boarder
Oops! I fell.

Time to create page: 0.72 seconds

Are you sure?