Welcome, Guest
Welcome to our forum! Introduce yourself here (anonymously, of course) and get a warm welcome from the rest of the community!

TOPIC: Newcomer 3266 Views

Re: Newcomer 21 Feb 2023 01:17 #392384

• zedj
  • Current streak: 14 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Yeshayahu 41:6 wrote on 21 Feb 2023 01:04:
I was just with a relative of mine who is very good looking. Many times I would fantasize about him and get aroused often to the point of "M". I dont see him often and whenever I do it is a challenge for me. 
THIS time was different. Why you ask? (you DID ask, right?)
Because I felt like this wasnt just me anymore. I'm part of a club that makes it their business to fight this YH.
It became OUR fight. When people are part of a club they staunchly adhere to the rules. Theres a momentum to do the "in" thing of the club. Usually its not good to just "do what everyone does because thats what everyone does". But here as I was talking to him I really remember thinking "I am now part of a holy group that does their utmost to say NO to their base desires". So, while in days past I wouldve spent the whole schmooze with him looking at his face and getting pleasure, this time I looked away as much as was politely possible. It was hard. MAN was it hard!! This is what i had always done!! My whole life before marriage i would never look at girls (which at some point worried me, was i attracted to them?) but I would look at boys plenty and that gave me pleasure (and subjects for fantasy in dreams that would end with a wet morning). I never said to myself "this is wrong". I just did it and hated myself for being "off". But I always knew it was wrong deep down and im sure that added to the self loathing in a big way. It also seemed impossible to stop because hey, I wasnt DOING anything. I never touched a boy in a sexual way EVER so how bad could it be to just enjoy looking at their faces...because it was such a vague issur (assur to be mistakel at anashim? i didnt think so) I didnt think i had to stop. all that changed last week when i joined GYE. Its not always about assur. and its definately not about yelling at yourself "ASSUR!!". Its about who am i? who is my "club"? whats the "in" thing of my club? For me, it was to say NO, Im better than that. I belong to a group thats fighting so im not going to give in to something that is going to excite me even if TECHNICALLY its not assur.
I felt all of you (whoever you all actually are) behind me saying "hey ploni (my parents named me ploni what can i do?), this is not us. Do it for the team!" And I did! First time IN MY LIFE was makpid not to benefit from looking at a handsome boy
Thank you all
Thank you Hashem  

This was an amazing read! 
I cant relate to your struggle but I understand that itmust
Be extremely ddifficult.
Keep up the good work.
Wishing you continued hatzlocha!

One who has given up hope is without a G‑d.

One who sees hope in each day is already free

Last Edit: 21 Feb 2023 04:28 by zedj.

Re: Newcomer 21 Feb 2023 02:09 #392389

I was just with a relative of mine who is very good looking. Many times I would fantasize about him and get aroused often to the point of "M". I dont see him often and whenever I do it is a challenge for me. 
Because I felt like this wasnt just me anymore. I'm part of a club that makes it their business to fight this YH.
It became OUR fight. When people are part of a club they staunchly adhere to the rules. Theres a momentum to do the "in" thing of the club. Usually its not good to just "do what everyone does because thats what everyone does". But here as I was talking to him I really remember thinking "I am now part of a holy group that does their utmost to say NO to their base desires". So, while in days past I wouldve spent the whole schmooze with him looking at his face and getting pleasure, this time I looked away as much as was politely possible. It was hard. MAN was it hard!! This is what i had always done!! My whole life before marriage i would never look at girls (which at some point worried me, was i attracted to them?) but I would look at boys plenty and that gave me pleasure (and subjects for fantasy in dreams that would end with a wet morning). I never said to myself "this is wrong". I just did it and hated myself for being "off". But I always knew it was wrong deep down and im sure that added to the self loathing in a big way. It also seemed impossible to stop because hey, I wasnt DOING anything. I never touched a boy in a sexual way EVER so how bad could it be to just enjoy looking at their faces...because it was such a vague issur (assur to be mistakel at anashim? i didnt think so) I didnt think i had to stop. all that changed last week when i joined GYE. Its not always about assur. and its definately not about yelling at yourself "ASSUR!!". Its about who am i? who is my "club"? whats the "in" thing of my club? For me, it was to say NO, Im better than that. I belong to a group thats fighting so im not going to give in to something that is going to excite me even if TECHNICALLY its not assur.
I felt all of you (whoever you all actually are) behind me saying "hey ploni (my parents named me ploni what can i do?), this is not us. Do it for the team!" And I did! First time IN MY LIFE was makpid not to benefit from looking at a handsome boy
Thank you all
Thank you Hashem  

You are superman 
flying above the mundane
above the angels
Hi, my name is ILH and I’m a Sexaholic. Easy does it... I don't need to be perfect. 
If you figured out my identity, don't be shy, come say hi! 
It takes tons of courage to fight the good fight, but we don't have to do it all alone. 
My Story: guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/385922-My-Story-Being-Honest-For-Once

Re: Newcomer 21 Feb 2023 03:57 #392403

Greatly appreciate all the support!!
Here's my third (i think) tech question: My wife cant discover that im on this site or i'm a dead duck. does anyone know of a way to access this forum, or at least the PMs from my flip phone?
איש את רעהו יעזרו ולאחיו יאמר חזק!! (ישעיהו מא:ו)
Let's do this together!!
bradley613613@gmail.com

Re: Newcomer 21 Feb 2023 04:00 #392404

sleeepy wrote on 21 Feb 2023 01:55:

Yeshayahu 41:6 wrote on 20 Feb 2023 12:48:
can someone explain what "karma" is all about? do we have buddhists here too?

whats karma?

karma is some sort of belief system in hinduism (not buddhism, my bad. sorry if i offended any hindus here! )
Let's do this together!!
bradley613613@gmail.com

Re: Newcomer 21 Feb 2023 04:03 #392405

• geshmak!
  • Platinum Boarder
Eerie wrote on 20 Feb 2023 20:38:

Yeshayahu 41:6 wrote on 20 Feb 2023 12:48:
can someone explain what "karma" is all about? do we have buddhists here too?

If I may, My dear friend, I'm not sure why the system of karma exists, and we shouldn't be putting too much thought into what other people think about us, or whether they agree with us. If anybody wants to disagree with something you say they can post so respectfully on the forum. And if they agree they can hit the thank you button. My two cents.

Hey that a lot more than two cents! I would say it worth a bunch of karma… but I se you took yours off I guess you want to stay focused on recovering and helping others etc. and not these kindersh mishgasen. But I do think it’s good cause it gives people the incentive to post a lot and also nice geshmakah post. I don’t get the negative part I think it’s mean… why can’t there be just a plus? I guess then it won’t be real like its more real when you got a choice to say your opinion either way not just positive… but again it does give a chizuk to get a plus I feel great when I see it went up… like someone is actually enjoying my posted if I wouldn’t see it going up I would probably lose my chashik to keep on posting… now that is really two cents… so take it or leave it.
Guys the only way were really gonna get help is with H’s help so we gotta beg him for help and he sure will help us cause he wants us helped!!
CRY TO HIM!!
https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/2-What-Works-for-Me/387630-Powerful!#387630

Feel free to pm me!
Last Edit: 21 Feb 2023 04:04 by geshmak!.

Re: Newcomer 21 Feb 2023 18:24 #392423

Hi Yeshayahu. 
A new start. A fresh life now.
The old book is closed. 

You are superman 
flying above the mundane
above the angels

You write really amazing haikus
I don't.
Can't you tell?
Let's do this together!!
bradley613613@gmail.com

Re: Newcomer 21 Feb 2023 19:11 #392425

• gevura shebyesod
  • Current streak: 1199 days
  • Platinum Boarder
!אנא עבדא דקודשא בריך הוא

וּבְיָדְךָ כֹּחַ וּגְבוּרָה וּבְיָדְךָ לְגַדֵּל וּלְחַזֵּק לַכֹּל

"If it would be so easy there wouldn't be a GYE, but if it would be impossible there also wouldn't be a GYE."
"Sometimes a hard decision leads to an easier outcome."
- General Grant

My story: guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/111583-hello-my-friends

Re: Newcomer 21 Feb 2023 21:19 #392428

Let's do this together!!
bradley613613@gmail.com

Re: Newcomer 21 Feb 2023 21:57 #392430

• Ish MiGrodno
  • Current streak: 1321 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Hey YFS [Yeshayahu, 41, 6],

​I haven't replied to a post in many months, so I am a bit rusty  
Without the sense of community provided by GYE, I too, would still be in the abyss of taavah.
In my case, I was simply unable to "look at my chaverim" after a fall and notify them that I fell prey to P&M
Couldn't let them down.
Oh, and a tad of macho as well ("aint nobody breakin' my streak. Not over my dead body...")

With deepest admiration and litvishe regards ~ img

ה׳ עמך גבור החיל! [שופטים ו׳ יב׳]

Perhaps you can find chizuk from my thread at guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/356161-Intro 

Feel free to reach out to me at
jackz90dys@gmail.com

Re: Newcomer 22 Feb 2023 01:03 #392445

• eerie
  • Current streak: 732 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Thank you all
Thank you Hashem  

Inspirational beyond. Keep on posting and keep on inspiring us all!
Feel free to say hi. My email is 1gimpelovitz@gmail.com

Re: Newcomer 22 Feb 2023 03:26 #392453

• geshmak!
  • Platinum Boarder
sorry if i offended any hindus here! )

מחל לך,מחל לך,מחל לך! 

Guys the only way were really gonna get help is with H’s help so we gotta beg him for help and he sure will help us cause he wants us helped!!
CRY TO HIM!!

Feel free to pm me!

Re: Newcomer 22 Feb 2023 03:29 #392454

• geshmak!
  • Platinum Boarder
Yeshayahu 41:6 wrote on 21 Feb 2023 03:57:
Greatly appreciate all the support!!
Here's my third (i think) tech question: My wife cant discover that im on this site or i'm a dead duck. does anyone know of a way to access this forum, or at least the PMs from my flip phone?

Do you have a open browser or it’s blocked?
CRY TO HIM!!

Feel free to pm me!
Last Edit: 22 Feb 2023 03:30 by geshmak!.

Re: Newcomer 22 Feb 2023 03:36 #392457

• geshmak!
  • Platinum Boarder
Or you can ask this bradley smith guy if he spoke to someone about maybe getting your wife to know about this… 
CRY TO HIM!!

Feel free to pm me!
Last Edit: 22 Feb 2023 04:04 by geshmak!.

Re: Newcomer 22 Feb 2023 03:40 #392460

For me, stopping to masturbate forever is PEANUTS compared to letting my wife in on this.
As of now, every time I go to GYE i need to erase browsing history lest she see it.
when i go to my new undercover email address i need to keep signing put.
Its like putting on tefillin in a cold dark cellar in Spain during the Inquisition (ok not really)
Let's do this together!!
bradley613613@gmail.com

Re: Newcomer 22 Feb 2023 03:50 #392462

• geshmak!
  • Platinum Boarder
Yeshayahu 41:6 wrote on 22 Feb 2023 03:40:
For me, stopping to masturbate forever is PEANUTS compared to letting my wife in on this.
As of now, every time I go to GYE i need to erase browsing history lest she see it.
when i go to my new undercover email address i need to keep signing put.
Its like putting on tefillin in a cold dark cellar in Spain during the Inquisition (ok not really)

Lol! I really can’t relate to this…( I’m sure most married guys here can relate and they’ll give you the chizuk and ideas,but sorry I can’t)I really feel bad for you… hope you figure something out fast. Btw if you browse on incognito you won’t have to erase after. It doesn’t get saved. Btw I see you have your gmail address and number in your signature… I just want to let you know that gye doesn’t screen there members and even though most people here are sincere yidden look for help or looking to help others (maybe) some are just yantis or people looking for trouble. So just be careful ( even though it’s a google voice number) I used to have my gmail in my signature and I erased and I use pm a lot. And if I do want to call or meet  someone I would first see and make sure this guy is a trusted person.
Good luck brother!
CRY TO HIM!!

Feel free to pm me!
Last Edit: 22 Feb 2023 03:51 by geshmak!.
Time to create page: 0.68 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes