Welcome, Guest

Make it to Yeshiva
(0 viewing) 
Welcome to our forum! Introduce yourself here (anonymously, of course) and get a warm welcome from the rest of the community!

TOPIC: Make it to Yeshiva 98568 Views

Re: Make it to Yeshiva 25 Feb 2021 18:58 #364252

• davidt
  • Platinum Boarder
Your goal is not to conquer a life-long yetzer hora in one day! Simply
putting up a fight is a tremendous accomplishment, and skipping this time, or even delaying it a little bit, is still worthwhile. There is great value and tremendous sechar for every second you are able to be omeid b’nisayon.

Let me tell you a nice story:
There was once a king who placed his daughter at the summit of a large mountain and proposed the following challenge to the inhabitants of his land: I will offer my daughter’s hand in marriage to whomever is able to climb the mountain and reach the top.” Many professional hikers attempted the climb, but they were all unsuccessful. Then along came an old man who could barely see, but decided nonetheless to try. He slowly made his way up, and after many weeks of arduous travel, he eventually made it to the summit, where he received the grand prize-- the princess! When the old man was asked how he was able to reach the summit after so many other hikers had failed, he answered simply, “What do you mean? It wasn’t such a tall mountain! All I saw was a few feet in front of me, so I walked those few feet-- and then another few feet, until I reached the top.”

The nimshal is obvious:
Take one day at a time! Your goal right now is not to stop for life; it’s to push it off as much as you can.
"If I am not for myself, who will be for me? But if I am only for myself, who am I? If not now, when?"
feel free to reach out @  ahavayirah@gmail.com

Re: Make it to Yeshiva 25 Feb 2021 18:59 #364253

• oivedelokim
  • Current streak: 63 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Wow. I’m inspired by the fact that you slipped and caught yourself before it got out of hand...
Keep it up!
I am a bochur with a passion for meaning and truth, searching to remain clean and live a holy and fulfilling life.

If you are reading this-you have a friend in me.
Feel free to PM me and I'll share my offline contact information, so we can call and text. I'd be honored if you'd trust me with your story and promise to support you in any way I possibly can.
I've been on GYE for over 7 years. "I may walk slow, but I never walk back" (-Abraham Lincoln?).
(For the background and meaning of my username- see Tanya chapter 15).

My current thread 

Re: Make it to Yeshiva 25 Feb 2021 21:08 #364260

• yeshivaguy
  • Current streak: 6 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Ok Rabboisai, here’s where things stand.
She responded.
I told her I’m taking at least a month to disconnect from texting/technology to connect to myself and to God (she’s spiritual so was into it).
So told her won’t be talking.
She was cool with it.

So now, she won’t be texting me. I deleted her number so can’t text her “when I’m ready.”
Now, there is still a risk of texting me at some point down the line, that’s true.
But as long as I don’t respond, she’ll stop and assume I’m not on WhatsApp.
She said “I hope we talk soon.”
And that nearly killed me...

Anyway, this is the matzav.
Im not proud of myself.
I really took a step back here, and nearly lost it all.

The truth is that even with all the gedarim, if a person wants, they can get shmutz.
A person, especially in the Dor, is always just a few steps away from potential destruction.

There’s a way for me to get back her number, by going on the site we met on (before GYE) and getting the number. And unfortunately my account can’t be deleted on it.
The main thing here for me is to be שקוע in Torah v’Yiras Shamayim.

Im moving on and hoping to utilize Purim to catapult me to a new Kabolas HaTorah. B’ezras HaShem Yisborach.

The fledgling,

YeshivaGuy
Last Edit: 25 Feb 2021 21:26 by yeshivaguy.

Re: Make it to Yeshiva 25 Feb 2021 23:25 #364268

• oivedelokim
  • Platinum Boarder

חזק!

I am a bochur with a passion for meaning and truth, searching to remain clean and live a holy and fulfilling life.

Feel free to PM me and I'll share my offline contact information, so we can call and text. I'd be honored if you'd trust me with your story and promise to support you in any way I possibly can.
I've been on GYE for over 7 years. "I may walk slow, but I never walk back" (-Abraham Lincoln?).

My current thread 

Re: Make it to Yeshiva 26 Feb 2021 01:20 #364270

• happyyid
  • Current streak: 58 days
  • Platinum Boarder
YeshivaGuy wrote on 25 Feb 2021 21:08:
Ok Rabboisai, here’s where things stand.
She responded.
I told her I’m taking at least a month to disconnect from texting/technology to connect to myself and to God (she’s spiritual so was into it).
So told her won’t be talking.
She was cool with it.

So now, she won’t be texting me. I deleted her number so can’t text her “when I’m ready.”
Now, there is still a risk of texting me at some point down the line, that’s true.
But as long as I don’t respond, she’ll stop and assume I’m not on WhatsApp.
She said “I hope we talk soon.”
And that nearly killed me...

Anyway, this is the matzav.
Im not proud of myself.
I really took a step back here, and nearly lost it all.

The truth is that even with all the gedarim, if a person wants, they can get shmutz.
A person, especially in the Dor, is always just a few steps away from potential destruction.

There’s a way for me to get back her number, by going on the site we met on (before GYE) and getting the number. And unfortunately my account can’t be deleted on it.
The main thing here for me is to be שקוע in Torah v’Yiras Shamayim.

Im moving on and hoping to utilize Purim to catapult me to a new Kabolas HaTorah. B’ezras HaShem Yisborach.

The fledgling,

YeshivaGuy

Stay strong! You inspire all of us. We are all here for you too!
Feel free to contact me happyyid613@gmail.com
My thread

Re: Make it to Yeshiva 26 Feb 2021 13:25 #364283

• dave m
  • Current streak: 363 days
  • Platinum Boarder
@yeshivaGuy - You are doing great.  It's hard.  but you will realize that the fight is worth it when IM'H you get married and you've already acquired the tools and the "spiritual muscles" to fight the battle.  As any of us married guys can attest, if this issue is not addressed before marriage, the problem will only exacerbate. 

Re: Make it to Yeshiva 28 Feb 2021 22:29 #364362

• yeshivaguy
  • Platinum Boarder
Had a good Purim Baruch HaShem.
Having seacond thoughts bout deleting the number, and been fantasizing a shtikl. 
Trying to move forward.
Spoke to the sgan mashgiach and there’s no one available for me to learn with first seder, so that’s shver...

Anyway, staying strong. Been struggling with touching myself, and trying to bring my Nekudas HaBechira back higher...

Will stay b’kesher. Thank You all.

YeshivaGuy

Re: Make it to Yeshiva 01 Mar 2021 04:31 #364405

• yeshivaguy
  • Platinum Boarder
Slipping... trying to make it through the night

Re: Make it to Yeshiva 01 Mar 2021 04:38 #364407

• happyyid
  • Current streak: 58 days
  • Platinum Boarder
YeshivaGuy wrote on 01 Mar 2021 04:31:

Please please I beg you, make it through, I promise you'll be so much happier! 
Giving myself chizuk too by posting...

Good night,
Happy Yid
Feel free to contact me happyyid613@gmail.com
My thread

Re: Make it to Yeshiva 01 Mar 2021 04:41 #364408

• oivedelokim
  • Platinum Boarder
YeshivaGuy wrote on 01 Mar 2021 04:31:

You got this

My current thread 

Re: Make it to Yeshiva 01 Mar 2021 10:50 #364423

• Striving Avreich
  • Current streak: 2 days
  • Gold Boarder
@YeshivaGuy You are literally the reason that I started this journey and found the courage, desire and conviction to get involved here. Your story is truly inspiring. I read your entire thread in the end of January and couldn't believe what you have accomplished.

Fight smarter (I hope this isn't too tough etc.)

Striving Avreich
Last Edit: 01 Mar 2021 10:51 by Striving Avreich.

Re: Make it to Yeshiva 01 Mar 2021 11:05 #364424

• yeshivaguy
  • Platinum Boarder
Thanks guys for the kind words and chizuk.
Baruch HaShem I made it through.
Have a wonderful day! 

Re: Make it to Yeshiva 01 Mar 2021 19:46 #364459

• yeshivaguy
  • Platinum Boarder
Pretty good day so far bh.
Yesterday at this time I got into bed and told my chavrusa I’m not coming...
Not today though, gonna push through.
5 more days until the big 180 which is 2 times 90.

Re: Make it to Yeshiva 02 Mar 2021 22:25 #364583

• yeshivaguy
  • Platinum Boarder
Broke another geder.
Lay on my stomach today for few moments.
I need a smack across the face, or maybe an ice bath

Re: Make it to Yeshiva 02 Mar 2021 22:31 #364586

• oivedelokim
  • Platinum Boarder
Do you have anyone who can smack you?
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!
Hatzlacha!

My current thread 
Last Edit: 02 Mar 2021 22:35 by oivedelokim.
Time to create page: 0.63 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes