Welcome, Guest

Make it to Yeshiva
(0 viewing) 
Welcome to our forum! Introduce yourself here (anonymously, of course) and get a warm welcome from the rest of the community!

TOPIC: Make it to Yeshiva 103906 Views

Re: Make it to Yeshiva 18 Aug 2020 13:11 #353938

• grant400
  • Platinum Boarder
Mazal tov! It was purely an honor and inspiration reading your posts and experiencing your ups and downs together with you!

We are Jewish, so I can't let you go without an argument as a farewell gift.

I agree you may not have been unscathed throughout this bein hazmanim, but I disagree that you return to the wonderful bais hamidrash limping. No my good friend, you succeeded beyond your wildest dreams! You thought an outcome inevitable, (as I definitely would've too) and battle after battle you never crossed that red line. Did you get close? Maybe, that's life, but in the end you never allowed your side to concede even a centimeter of you very sacred and hallowed ground. Is that limping? To me that's proud marching! That's galloping! Determination visibly etched upon your brow, eyes straying neither right nor left. 

So let the gates of the Bais Hamidrash open wide, in all its glory! Let it welcome in its returning hero a true loyal servant of God, let it embrace it's cherished warrior with joy and love! Our son is home!

May it be a zman of shtieging m'chayil el chayil.

With admiration and love,
                                                     Grant

Re: Make it to Yeshiva 18 Aug 2020 14:22 #353939

• yeshivaguy
  • Current streak: 6 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Grant400 wrote on 18 Aug 2020 13:11:
Mazal tov! It was purely an honor and inspiration reading your posts and experiencing your ups and downs together with you!

We are Jewish, so I can't let you go without an argument as a farewell gift.

I agree you may not have been unscathed throughout this bein hazmanim, but I disagree that you return to the wonderful bais hamidrash limping. No my good friend, you succeeded beyond your wildest dreams! You thought an outcome inevitable, (as I definitely would've too) and battle after battle you never crossed that red line. Did you get close? Maybe, that's life, but in the end you never allowed your side to concede even a centimeter of you very sacred and hallowed ground. Is that limping? To me that's proud marching! That's galloping! Determination visibly etched upon your brow, eyes straying neither right nor left. 

So let the gates of the Bais Hamidrash open wide, in all its glory! Let it welcome in its returning hero a true loyal servant of God, let it embrace it's cherished warrior with joy and love! Our son is home!

May it be a zman of shtieging m'chayil el chayil.

With admiration and love,
                                                     Grant

Amen.
Thank you so much. It really means a lot 

Re: Make it to Yeshiva 23 Aug 2020 01:46 #354094

• yeshivaguy
  • Platinum Boarder
Hey guys,
So now that I bh don’t have unfiltered Internet access, so no p prob, I’m moving to working on M.
I was planning to keeping track of my “clean” days starting from the next time I’msince I don’t k ow exactly how many days it’s been, but I was thinking why wait?
So it seems  I’m around 10 days clean from M.
I prob won’t be posting here everyday, but will do when taiva strong etc.

Thanks everyone for the support!
Hatzlocha!

Re: Make it to Yeshiva 23 Aug 2020 05:31 #354098

• yeshivaguy
  • Platinum Boarder
I’m bed, fighting. I’m not gonna do it.
Thank you all

Re: Make it to Yeshiva 23 Aug 2020 05:41 #354099

• ac
  • Fresh Boarder
awesome

Re: Make it to Yeshiva 23 Aug 2020 21:00 #354112

It amazes me when people have the strength to post while they are fighting an attack of lust. I really struggle to go on this site when I'm in lust mode, as the yetzer tries his best to prevent it. So I know it takes real strength of character. Well done.

P.S. hope you didn't fall.

יהי רצון שהדברים לתועלת

Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can do what others can't.
We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then, is not an act, but a habit.
We all make choices in life, but in the end, our choices make us.

Re: Make it to Yeshiva 23 Aug 2020 21:11 #354113

Hey, I just skimmed thru your forum a bit, and I'm impressed! Keep up the good work!
Ive been struggling for a while with the "P and M" and BH I'm doing fairly well right now(over 3 months clean). Its doable and its a struggle worth fighting. 
Yeshiva is BH a safe haven, and during the zman is generally when I had/have the most success, but BH I finally had a fully clean bein hazmanim and it was great. Not trying to toot my own horn, rather trying be michazak that Ive been there(prob worse than where ur at) and Ive done that so its doable.
Feel free to reach out boftheg1@gmail.com.
Hatzlacha!
"You will never be entirely comfortable. This is the truth behind the champion – he is always fighting something. To do otherwise is to settle."
Battle on, and I always take advice.

Re: Make it to Yeshiva 23 Aug 2020 23:01 #354117

• yeshivaguy
  • Platinum Boarder
Im Tevakshena Kakasef wrote on 23 Aug 2020 21:00:
It amazes me when people have the strength to post while they are fighting an attack of lust. I really struggle to go on this site when I'm in lust mode, as the yetzer tries his best to prevent it. So I know it takes real strength of character. Well done.

P.S. hope you didn't fall.

Thanks, ya I won, bh

Re: Make it to Yeshiva 26 Aug 2020 00:08 #354200

• yeshivaguy
  • Platinum Boarder
Oy don’t wanna give in.. hope I win this one

Re: Make it to Yeshiva 26 Aug 2020 00:24 #354201

• Captain
  • Platinum Boarder
Don't do it! You can win!
In the place where ba’alei teshuva stand, even pure tzaddikim who never sinned cannot stand. (Rabbi Avohu, Brachos 34b)

Great free resources:
My favorite book for breaking free: The Battle of the Generation 
https://guardyoureyes.com/ebooks/item/the-battle-of-the-generation. Change your attitude and change your life!

Rabbi Shafier's incredible lectures on breaking free: The Fight. Download here: 
https://theshmuz.com/series/the-fight/

If you're only ready to try something small, check out an easier way to do self-talk here:
https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/4-On-the-Way-to-90-Days/378128-Captain—Shtarkemotionals-Secret90Day-Challenge

Re: Make it to Yeshiva 26 Aug 2020 00:27 #354203

• grant400
  • Platinum Boarder
YeshivaGuy wrote on 26 Aug 2020 00:08:
Oy don’t wanna give in.. hope I win this one

You are craving pleasure. Will you have more pleasure in the long run by giving in or holding back?
Last Edit: 26 Aug 2020 00:29 by grant400.

Re: Make it to Yeshiva 26 Aug 2020 00:37 #354205

• yeshivaguy
  • Platinum Boarder
Dinners over, sometimes I lie in bed and read during dinner, and my roommate left the room so got taiva...
Prob should work somethin out...
Anyway time for nightseder to chazer shiur!
Bh I wasn’t nichshal, my phone is bh very blocked, though I can still do M but it’s not kdie...
Anyway, Shkoyach!

Re: Make it to Yeshiva 26 Aug 2020 00:38 #354206

• yeshivaguy
  • Platinum Boarder
In a way, I find masturbation to be a bigger nisayon than vids, because “you can’t escape from yourself”

Re: Make it to Yeshiva 26 Aug 2020 00:42 #354208

• yeshivaguy
  • Platinum Boarder
It’s hard cuz like in Yeshiva sometimes I gotta lie down and take a rest during the break, and I just don’t have an eitza on how to do that without taiva coming.
Any advice is welcome
Shkoyach!

Re: Make it to Yeshiva 26 Aug 2020 00:44 #354209

• Hashem Help Me
  • Current streak: 2824 days
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Platinum Boarder
YeshivaGuy, you are an amazing inspiration. GYE should take this whole thread and post it in yeshivos! Your well written insight into yourself and these urges, along with the excellent responses from the various guys who took out the time to reply, created a true masterpiece of chizuk. As far as your new agenda, please see my PM to you.
Feel free to contact me at michelgelner@gmail.com

My threads: Lessons Learned: guardyoureyes.com/forum/20-Important-Threads/335248-Lessons-Learned

My Story and G-d Bless GYE: guardyoureyes.com/forum/17-Balei-Battims-Forum/303036-My-story-and-G-d-bless-GYE
Time to create page: 0.55 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes