Welcome, Guest

Make it to Yeshiva
(0 viewing) 
Welcome to our forum! Introduce yourself here (anonymously, of course) and get a warm welcome from the rest of the community!

TOPIC: Make it to Yeshiva 103874 Views

Re: Make it to Yeshiva 27 Sep 2020 00:44 #355523

• yeshivaguy
  • Current streak: 6 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Alright folks here’s what we got SO FAR:

20 Days clean from touching “ever” at all for hanaa.
Around 49 days clean from bad YouTube vids (though watched movie trailers/gifs abit before last time was nichshal (20 days ago), which was bad. But nothing like bad on YouTube...)

Its Erev Yom Kippur, and I’m Excited!
I love Hakadosh Baruch Hu and can’t wait to be cleansed to inhance our relationship.
Baruch HaShem.
I approach HaShem with nothing but a Lev Nishbar which yearns for Tahara. 
May HaShem see my deepest desire and return me to Him.

Thank you all so very much.
I never dreamed it was possible to come this far, and bezras Hashem- The Best is Yet to Come!!!
Gmar Chasima Tova!!

With much appreciation,

YeshivaGuy

Re: Make it to Yeshiva 27 Sep 2020 01:18 #355529

• yeshivaguy
  • Platinum Boarder
Ah!
Just right now, erev Yom Kippur, HaShem sends a pretty girl to text me.. No thanks!
This is תשפ״א fellas! 
No more of that trash!
I texted her “wrong number” and blocked it.
Wooohoo!
This hurts. But this is the life I have chosen.

Thank You!

Re: Make it to Yeshiva 27 Sep 2020 03:08 #355532

• DeletedUser3036
  • Current streak: 288 days
  • Junior Boarder
Well done keep up the great work, you are an inspiration!

Re: Make it to Yeshiva 27 Sep 2020 03:10 #355533

• yeshivaguy
  • Platinum Boarder
Whew! Tons of taiva right now, heart pounding and all...
But nope! I’m winnin this one.
Aaaaaahhhh!!! Sooo hard.
But no thanks!
A life of Dveikus is waaaayyy more Geshmak.

Hatzlocha to all, and sorry for all these posts
it’s just that it’s mchayiv me to fight when I publicize it here.
thanks
Last Edit: 27 Sep 2020 03:47 by yeshivaguy.

Re: Make it to Yeshiva 27 Sep 2020 06:05 #355541

• i-man
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Platinum Boarder
You know how rabbeim like to say , “we are as great or greater than the  tzaddikim of previous generations because of the challenges we are faced with  that they never had “, people are often cynical and skeptical of that, but reading this makes it hard to doubt... hatzlacha to you , & your incredible avodah should be a zchus for all of us.
Last Edit: 27 Sep 2020 06:22 by i-man.

Re: Make it to Yeshiva 27 Sep 2020 11:33 #355556

YeshivaGuy wrote on 27 Sep 2020 03:10:
Hatzlocha to all, and sorry for all these posts
it’s just that it’s mchayiv me to fight when I publicize it here.
thanks

If you dare stop posting, I'm fairly sure there will be actual GYE riots. Your posts are utterly fantastic.

Gemar chasima tova. 

This is תשפ״א fellas! 
No more of that trash!

p.s. תשפ"א can be rearanged to make the word אשפת - trash. So that's the idea, use this year to raise out from the trash!

יהי רצון שהדברים לתועלת

Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can do what others can't.
We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then, is not an act, but a habit.
We all make choices in life, but in the end, our choices make us.

Re: Make it to Yeshiva 27 Sep 2020 14:28 #355563

• grant400
  • Platinum Boarder
YeshivaGuy wrote on 25 Sep 2020 17:39:

Ah, the life of a Yid. Complicated. Volatile. And gripping.

Any chizzuk would be great.
Especially a rebuttal to my last point.
Thanks!

Hey Yeshiva Guy you are truly inspiring!

I don't have time to wax on and on (which I tend to do sometimes) but just the gist.

Sometimes life as an orthodox jew can feel intense, with a lot of "demands" and can become overwhelming. But that is just because of the way we try to mix the best way our yetzer hara wants to live and the way Hashem, who definitely knows the truth, instructs us.

It's cliche and we've all heard it. The reason why when we learn Torah it isn't as delicious as the gedolim or seforim say is because we are tasting it with damaged tastebuds. We brutally assault our spiritual tastebuds with materialistic indulgences and then we expect them to still be sensitive to the loftiest levels of spirituality.

The same applies here. We watch movies- exposing ourselves to the antithesis of truth, fantasize and drool over secular society and their modus operandi of self pleasing and indulgence (like animals), and compare it to what we must do, but that's all wrong.

Do we watch cows in a pasture and dream to be one? Do we envy the simplicity of their lives? Are we jealous of the fish in our fishtanks who's greatest concern and duty is to keep checking of the sand at the bottom suddenly became edible? No, we understand the difference. So let's think a little deeper and understand this difference.

We think about how a goy sails through life effortlessly (or so it seems), while we flail and struggle. Oh, how we wish to have it easy too! But it's all wrong. When we sign up for a gym membership, do we complain how now we must sweat and struggle? How we must run every singel day and pick up the same weights, even increasing resistance as time goes on? No, we realized that that is the whole point of the gym. The more we sweat and strain the more reward we reap. And yet on the beach down the block there are loads of people lying on their towels lazily and sunbathing. No struggles for them, no straining, no gasping for air after an intense workout. But we know that they won't have a physique like yours, health like yours, retain their youth and physical stamina as long. Jealous? No. Maybe even a little egotistical. Proud of how you have discipline and purpose. Successes and goals for the future.

Life as a yid may feel hard sometimes, but we know why. We are here at this gym for that purpose, for a daily spiritual resistance workout. Let us appreciate the toil and sweat. Let us serve hashem to the best of our ability. We must constantly remember why we have this gym membership, be מקדש שם שמים daily, and we will eventually reap our tremendous rewards and be נהנה מזיו השכינה, which is the greatest pleasure and enjoyment possible.

.גמר חתימה טובה ושנה טובה ומתוקה

Grant

P.S. I guess I did wax...

Re: Make it to Yeshiva 27 Sep 2020 15:04 #355565

• gevura shebyesod
  • Current streak: 1226 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Grant400 wrote on 27 Sep 2020 14:28:

Ah, the life of a Yid. Complicated. Volatile. And gripping.

Any chizzuk would be great.
Especially a rebuttal to my last point.
Thanks!

Hey Yeshiva Guy you are truly inspiring!

I don't have time to wax on and on (which I tend to do sometimes) but just the gist.

Sometimes life as an orthodox jew can feel intense, with a lot of "demands" and can become overwhelming. But that is just because of the way we try to mix the best way our yetzer hara wants to live and the way Hashem, who definitely knows the truth, instructs us.

It's cliche and we've all heard it. The reason why when we learn Torah it isn't as delicious as the gedolim or seforim say is because we are tasting it with damaged tastebuds. We brutally assault our spiritual tastebuds with materialistic indulgences and then we expect them to still be sensitive to the loftiest levels of spirituality.

The same applies here. We watch movies- exposing ourselves to the antithesis of truth, fantasize and drool over secular society and their modus operandi of self pleasing and indulgence (like animals), and compare it to what we must do, but that's all wrong.

Do we watch cows in a pasture and dream to be one? Do we envy the simplicity of their lives? Are we jealous of the fish in our fishtanks who's greatest concern and duty is to keep checking of the sand at the bottom suddenly became edible? No, we understand the difference. So let's think a little deeper and understand this difference.

We think about how a goy sails through life effortlessly (or so it seems), while we flail and struggle. Oh, how we wish to have it easy too! But it's all wrong. When we sign up for a gym membership, do we complain how now we must sweat and struggle? How we must run every singel day and pick up the same weights, even increasing resistance as time goes on? No, we realized that that is the whole point of the gym. The more we sweat and strain the more reward we reap. And yet on the beach down the block there are loads of people lying on their towels lazily and sunbathing. No struggles for them, no straining, no gasping for air after an intense workout. But we know that they won't have a physique like yours, health like yours, retain their youth and physical stamina as long. Jealous? No. Maybe even a little egotistical. Proud of how you have discipline and purpose. Successes and goals for the future.

Life as a yid may feel hard sometimes, but we know why. We are here at this gym for that purpose, for a daily spiritual resistance workout. Let us appreciate the toil and sweat. Let us serve hashem to the best of our ability. We must constantly remember why we have this gym membership, be מקדש שם שמים daily, and we will eventually reap our tremendous rewards and be נהנה מזיו השכינה, which is the greatest pleasure and enjoyment possible.

.גמר חתימה טובה ושנה טובה ומתוקה

Grant

P.S. I guess I did wax...

Gevaldiggg!

P.S. my truck could use a waxing...
!אנא עבדא דקודשא בריך הוא

וּבְיָדְךָ כֹּחַ וּגְבוּרָה וּבְיָדְךָ לְגַדֵּל וּלְחַזֵּק לַכֹּל

"If it would be so easy there wouldn't be a GYE, but if it would be impossible there also wouldn't be a GYE."
"Sometimes a hard decision leads to an easier outcome."
- General Grant

My story: guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/111583-hello-my-friends

Re: Make it to Yeshiva 27 Sep 2020 20:35 #355572

• yeshivaguy
  • Platinum Boarder

Markz wrote on 25 Sep 2020 16:46:

Just got test results-was negative.
But my parents want me to test again...
So I’m staying in our rv in the driveway until I get tested again and get the results..
Its pretty agitating cuz after all this craziness and finally negative test I wanted to just be able to enter the house, but I understand, my parents are high risk...

Re: Make it to Yeshiva 27 Sep 2020 20:37 #355573

• yeshivaguy
  • Platinum Boarder
YeshivaGuy wrote on 27 Sep 2020 20:35:

Markz wrote on 25 Sep 2020 16:46:

Just got test results-was negative.
But my parents want me to test again...
So I’m staying in our rv in the driveway until I get tested again and get the results..
Its pretty agitating cuz after all this craziness and finally negative test I wanted to just be able to enter the house, but I understand, my parents are high risk...

The Department of Health just called me and told me I tested Positive.
So BARUCH HASHEM my parents made me quarantine in the RV!
AND BARUCH HASHEM I DIDNT GET ANGRY!!
RABBOSAI!!  THE RIBBONO SHEL OLAM CONTROLS THE WORLD!!!

Yom Kippur in the RV this year. Me and  HASHEM YISBORACH.

I LOVE YOU ALL.
GMAR CHASIMA TOVA!!!!!

Re: Make it to Yeshiva 27 Sep 2020 20:38 #355574

• yeshivaguy
  • Platinum Boarder
This is why it’s so important to have Emuna and Bitachon in HaShem.
May we be zoche!

Re: Make it to Yeshiva 27 Sep 2020 21:22 #355577

• yeshivaguy
  • Platinum Boarder
So this is why I couldn’t go to shachris or Seder last week.
I beat myself up for it, but really I had coronavirus!!
And HaShem kept me in bed so that I wouldn’t infect my chavrusas and the rest of Yeshiva!!
incredible

Re: Make it to Yeshiva 27 Sep 2020 21:25 #355578

• yeshivaguy
  • Platinum Boarder
An hour before Yom Kippur everything changes.
Gd is running this world.
My father isn’t feeling well though, and he’s righ risk, may he have a refua Shelaima!!!!!

Re: Make it to Yeshiva 28 Sep 2020 20:28 #355580

• starting
  • Current streak: 5 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Was thinking of you all through yom kippur. As an example of the special people klal Yisroel have. 

Did not not know of your test or your fathers illness, Refuah Sheleima, may you and your family have a very healthy and happy year. 
The start of 'STARting' is 'star'. Just start and you're a star!!

'the cleaner I stay, the cleaner I stay' - AlexEliezer
העבר עיני מראות שוא, בדרכך חינו (תהלים קיט, לז)
PM me for my phone number

Re: Make it to Yeshiva 28 Sep 2020 21:08 #355582

Firstly, a gigantic refuah shelaima to your father.

Almost like a mofes story! For sure something to tell the kids one day. Hashem really looked after you, and others. You must be very special to merit that.

Have a great new year, filled with beracha, health, happiness and success in ruchni and gashmi for you and your whole family, and gans clal yisroel.

p.s. Congrats on 3 weeks!!!

יהי רצון שהדברים לתועלת

Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can do what others can't.
We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then, is not an act, but a habit.
We all make choices in life, but in the end, our choices make us.
Last Edit: 28 Sep 2020 21:11 by Im Tevakshena Kakasef.
Time to create page: 0.67 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes