Welcome, Guest

Make it to Yeshiva
(0 viewing) 
Welcome to our forum! Introduce yourself here (anonymously, of course) and get a warm welcome from the rest of the community!

TOPIC: Make it to Yeshiva 98560 Views

Re: Make it to Yeshiva 16 Apr 2021 09:13 #366932

• Striving Avreich
  • Current streak: 2 days
  • Gold Boarder
Thank you for posting this. It's great to know that you are in a better place (in both senses of the phrase) and doing well. You brought a smile to my face.
It's really great hearing you celebrating your success (and that you are having lots of them)

This should be a lesson to all of us that sometimes we just need to pick up, leave the things that are bringing us down and start living again.

Hatzlachah on the new zman

Re: Make it to Yeshiva 26 Apr 2021 00:55 #367417

• yeshivaguy
  • Current streak: 6 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Doing pretty well Baruch Hashem.
Been having moments of feeling worthless, that I have no intrinsic self worth, and that I'm simply the sum of my accomplishments and failures... Working with my therapist to work on that inyan.
Anyway, doing good b'chlall, will be b'kesher.

Hatzlocha chevra!

Re: Make it to Yeshiva 26 Apr 2021 01:14 #367418

great to hear from you! Good to see your climbing back up
Think about how good you'll feel if you say no to desire and compare that to how bad you'll feel if you say yes.

Desire is unique in the way that it is never fulfilled -  if you give in the desire comes back even more powerful in just a few days. Telling yourself that its ok because this is really the last time doesn't work because you are just adding new images to your head that will cause future falls.

The Joy of triumph over the yetzer hara is worth the effort it takes to win. It IS worth it! Keep fighting!

My thread: 
Aiming to be better

Feel free to contact me at evedhashem1836@gmail.com

Re: Make it to Yeshiva 26 Apr 2021 02:18 #367424

• lou
  • Platinum Boarder
It is so good to hear from you! We know you are doing the right thing by staying away but we still miss you.

Re: Make it to Yeshiva 30 Apr 2021 20:35 #367729

• yeshivaguy
  • Platinum Boarder
Had a fall. Movin on

Re: Make it to Yeshiva 04 May 2021 01:33 #367918

• yeshivaguy
  • Platinum Boarder
fell again motzei shabbos.... Still moving on. Rough times folks, in many ways.

Hatzloha Chevra

Re: Make it to Yeshiva 04 May 2021 01:38 #367919

• happyyid
  • Current streak: 58 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Keep strong! 
I hope all is ok.
We really miss you here, but I'm sure you're better off not having access to Internet...

Hatzlacha!
Feel free to contact me happyyid613@gmail.com
My thread

Re: Make it to Yeshiva 04 May 2021 01:48 #367921

• yeshivaguy
  • Platinum Boarder
Yes Baruch Hashem Yisborach! It's such a game changer. I had an old kosher phone lying around in my room which has a radio and didn't think would be a problem, but it was... So bh got rid of it and looking forward to investing myself in the intricate and geshmak sugyos of Hashems Torah.

Re: Make it to Yeshiva 10 May 2021 00:31 #368262

• yeshivaguy
  • Platinum Boarder
Hey guys, I’m home for a few days and will keep you guys posted. I’m seeing some doctors, it’s been hard on many fronts particularly in the mental health department...

Re: Make it to Yeshiva 10 May 2021 01:54 #368265

• yeshivaguy
  • Platinum Boarder
A lot A lot of taiva folks

Re: Make it to Yeshiva 10 May 2021 02:50 #368266

push through! You know your own strengths and weaknesses and you know you can win this battle its just the yetzer hara wants you to think otherwise.

And yes you want to win and be free because as seen on this forum having a problem with taiva has the power to destroy marriages so you want to be squeaky clean by your wedding.

You were at 200 days which was incredible. You fell and then you fell a bit more. Why don't you get back on the track that you were on? Every time you fall it makes it harder (but still manageable) to get back up but you have it in you to make it back to where you were. Just today I was in the car and thought of something I saw when I was acting out about 100 days ago yet my brain still remembers! Every time you look at new things (speaking to you if thats what youre doing or anyone else reading this) you're adding new images to your head that have the potential to cause future falls when you want to stay clean, not just this one.

You can say "I'm holding at 400 days clean with a month of falls" or something similar but once the falls start coming more and more you no longer are the person you were and it becomes "I was clean for 200 days and since then I haven't been clean for 30 consecutive days over the last year"

Which do you want to be?
Think about how good you'll feel if you say no to desire and compare that to how bad you'll feel if you say yes.

Desire is unique in the way that it is never fulfilled -  if you give in the desire comes back even more powerful in just a few days. Telling yourself that its ok because this is really the last time doesn't work because you are just adding new images to your head that will cause future falls.

The Joy of triumph over the yetzer hara is worth the effort it takes to win. It IS worth it! Keep fighting!

My thread: 
Aiming to be better

Feel free to contact me at evedhashem1836@gmail.com

Re: Make it to Yeshiva 10 May 2021 05:35 #368272

• i-man
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Platinum Boarder
Good to hear from you brother.

Consider joining our 90 day challenge - it would be a chizuk for you and for us .

If you can access email In Yeshiva you would be able to stay updated .

Be well

Re: Make it to Yeshiva 10 May 2021 06:00 #368273

• yeshivaguy
  • Platinum Boarder
I fell again. It’s very hard with depression, feeling horrible...
My goal is now 14 days. 
 Have a gn

Re: Make it to Yeshiva 11 May 2021 05:39 #368341

• yeshivaguy
  • Platinum Boarder
Moving forward. That’s what I’ll say. 
Hopefuly could see the psychiatrist tomorrow and then return to Yeshiva early Wednesday morning. 
Have a gn. Don’t let the number 0 fool you (or myself). I am very much on the road, the path, to Kedusha v’Tahata.
Indeed, my determination is not lost. 

And Mark my words (Markz that’s you!), I will rise.
I will not masterbate anymore.
I will become a Man of Kedusha v’Tahara.
Watch me.

Good night to all,

YeshivaGuy
Last Edit: 11 May 2021 05:48 by yeshivaguy.

Re: Make it to Yeshiva 11 May 2021 13:41 #368359

• grant400
  • Current streak: 13 days
  • Platinum Boarder
YeshivaGuy wrote on 11 May 2021 05:39:
Moving forward. That’s what I’ll say. 
Hopefuly could see the psychiatrist tomorrow and then return to Yeshiva early Wednesday morning. 
Have a gn. Don’t let the number 0 fool you (or myself). I am very much on the road, the path, to Kedusha v’Tahata.
Indeed, my determination is not lost. 

And Mark my words (Markz that’s you!), I will rise.
I will not masterbate anymore.
I will become a Man of Kedusha v’Tahara.
Watch me.

Good night to all,

YeshivaGuy

Trust me my very special friend, no one at all is fooled by a "0" on your count. We know who you are. We've seen you in action. We know your fight, struggles and glory. We know your past, and we know your future. 

We know who YeshivaGuy is.

We're just waiting for you to see it as clearly as we do.

Hatzlacha!
Time to create page: 0.57 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes