Welcome, Guest

Sperm Exam - Zera Levatalah?
(0 viewing) 
Welcome to our forum! Introduce yourself here (anonymously, of course) and get a warm welcome from the rest of the community!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Sperm Exam - Zera Levatalah? 1634 Views

Sperm Exam - Zera Levatalah? 17 Sep 2018 15:39 #335588

• ts
  • Fresh Boarder

I looked out fot this on the forum but didn't find any reference.

My Urologist requested me to do a Sperm Exam to check fertility after a Inflammation.

This is considered Zera Levatalah? I am in Shidduchim, but nothing advanced. Should I do it to be aware if I have any issues before getting married?

I don't want to consult my Rabbis, as this is just a suspicion, and don’t want to raise flags.

Re: Sperm Exam - Zera Levatalah? 17 Sep 2018 16:31 #335590

• cordnoy
ts wrote on 17 Sep 2018 15:39:

My Urologist requested me to do a Sperm Exam to check fertility after a Inflammation.

This is considered Zera Levatalah? I am in Shidduchim, but nothing advanced. Should I do it to be aware if I have any issues before getting married?

I don't want to consult my Rabbis, as this is just a suspicion, and don’t want to raise flags.

All should be well. There is no way for anyone here to accurately respond to your question other than by tellin' you to consult with your rabbis; that is what they are there for.
My email: thenewme613@hotmail.com
My threads: Mikvah Night - Page 1Page 2Page 3Last Page

https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/1-Break-Free/210029-Tryin
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!
My job: Punchin' bag of GYE - "NeshamaInCharge"
Quote from the chevra: "Is Cordnoy truly a Treasure Island pirate from the Southern Seas?"

MY POSTS ARE NOT WRITTEN AS A MODERATOR UNLESS EXPLICITLY STATED.

Re: Sperm Exam - Zera Levatalah? 17 Sep 2018 16:37 #335591

• stillgoing
  • Platinum Boarder
Hi Ts
This really is a question that you need to ask a rabbi, but it doesn't have to be someone that you know.
Look in the phone book for a well known Rabbi, and call up anonymously. It's not really a question that should be answered on an anonymous open fourm.

Hatzlacha rabba on the results
Sg
BIG SHOT!
Free Choice?!
Yirai's Memories
STORY TIME :)

Dr. Seuss - You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose. You're on your own, and you know what you know. And you are the guy who'll decide where to go.

FSKOT! (Fell Shmell--Keep on Trucking) (The Rebba R' Bards)

613stillgoing@gmail.com

Re: Sperm Exam - Zera Levatalah? 17 Sep 2018 18:33 #335592

• mzl
  • Current streak: 28 days
  • Platinum Boarder

Your doctor really doesn't get to request that you test yourself for this unless you're marrying the doctor. He/she can tell you the probability that you are now infertile, that's about it.

I think the gemara says that bracha is only found in something hidden. If you don't know you leave the door open for a future change.

I suspect that you are allowed remove semen for medical reasons but I'm no posek.

Re: Sperm Exam - Zera Levatalah? 17 Sep 2018 18:36 #335593

• mzl
  • Current streak: 28 days
  • Platinum Boarder

If needed I think a nurse can do this rectally so you don't need to do it yourself, which should get around the halachic problems of touching and thinking.
Last Edit: 17 Sep 2018 18:38 by mzl.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.44 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes