Welcome, Guest

A struggling bochur
(0 viewing) 
Welcome to our forum! Introduce yourself here (anonymously, of course) and get a warm welcome from the rest of the community!

TOPIC: A struggling bochur 94219 Views

Re: A struggling bochur 04 Jan 2019 05:45 #338199

Happened to be I had some breaks on the way, now I'm holding at mile marker 40 but I've traveled 207 miles already.

Anyhow וארא אל האבות like the famous vort that hashem reveals himself to those that want him.. 

All I truly want is to stay clean so bh the eibishter is helping me with it.

Good shabbos to all!
Joined as a single bochur, Bh broke free (but still on watch) by using the tools on this website, therapy but mainly through getting married. 

הנותן עיניו במה שאינו שלו, מה שמבקש לא נותנים לו, ומה שבידו נוטלים ממנה

(סוטה ט, עמוד א)

ולכן אל יפול לב אדם
וכו' גם אם יהיה כן כל ימיו במלחמה זו כי אולי לכך נברא וזאת עבודתו לאכפיא לס"א תמיד 
(תניא פ"כז)

Re: A struggling bochur 07 Jan 2019 05:01 #338252

Wow, the past 24 hours were really tough.. it was a close call but BH I'm still clean... 
והקב"ה מצילנו מידם

P.s. that's why it says בא אל פרעה as opposed to לך אל פרעה cuz the eibishter comes with us to fight פרעה..
Joined as a single bochur, Bh broke free (but still on watch) by using the tools on this website, therapy but mainly through getting married. 

(סוטה ט, עמוד א)

ולכן אל יפול לב אדם
וכו' גם אם יהיה כן כל ימיו במלחמה זו כי אולי לכך נברא וזאת עבודתו לאכפיא לס"א תמיד 
(תניא פ"כז)

Re: A struggling bochur 07 Jan 2019 17:16 #338264

So I'll be honest and say I fell last night, I just platzed...

3rd time falling in 2 months... Not to good.. I know even though I didn't act out every day I was still feeding my lust here and there.. smart yh I have..
maybe shnitzel needs to start going to pa meetings?

I just need to stop!! I'll do anything, nothing gets into my way..
any suggestions?

(סוטה ט, עמוד א)

ולכן אל יפול לב אדם
(תניא פ"כז)

Re: A struggling bochur 07 Jan 2019 17:53 #338266

• lionking
  • Platinum Boarder
Shnitzel and kugel wrote on 07 Jan 2019 17:16:
So I'll be honest and say I fell last night, I just platzed...

3rd time falling in 2 months... Not to good.. I know even though I didn't act out every day I was still feeding my lust here and there.. smart yh I have..
maybe shnitzel needs to start going to pa meetings?

I just need to stop!! I'll do anything, nothing gets into my way..
any suggestions?

Hi Shnitzel,

I feel for you. It must feel really depressing to get up today.
I just noticed your updated signature. I think there is an important lesson to be learned there. 
I might get major flack for the statement below, it goes against a lot of what people believe here, however I feel it might be important to some.
There is quoted in Chassidishe Seforim, a concept of falling without a bechira, especially in these subjects, and also the concept that this is a war for life, as quoted in your signature. Sometimes we win the battle and sometimes not, however we cannot forget about the bigger picture. The end goal of the war.
There are times when the test is not if you will fall or not. Rather the test is will you be depressed 30 days afterwards or keep on fighting.

Wishing you much Hatzlocha!
My email address is: growinghigher613@gmail.com

Re: A struggling bochur 07 Jan 2019 18:37 #338267

• stillgoing
  • Platinum Boarder
lionking wrote on 07 Jan 2019 17:53:
"lionking" post=338266 date=1546883607 catid=19

Hi Shnitzel,

I feel for you. It must feel really depressing to get up today.
I just noticed your updated signature. I think there is an important lesson to be learned there. 
I might get major flack for the statement below, it goes against a lot of what people believe here, however I feel it might be important to some.
There is quoted in Chassidishe Seforim, a concept of falling without a bechira, especially in these subjects, and also the concept that this is a war for life, as quoted in your signature. Sometimes we win the battle and sometimes not, however we cannot forget about the bigger picture. The end goal of the war.
There are times when the test is not if you will fall or not. Rather the test is will you be depressed 30 days afterwards or keep on fighting.

Wishing you much Hatzlocha!

HOW COULD YOU SAY THAT LIONKING! IT GOES AGAINST A LOT OF WHAT PEOPLE BELIEVE HERE! FLACK FLACK FLACK! I CAN'T BELIEVE THAT YOU THINK WE SHOULD GET UP AFTER A FALL! IT'S THE YETZER HARAH TELLING US NOT TO GET DOWN ABOUT LAST NIGHT AND KEEP ON TRYING NEW THINGS! IF WE GET DEPRESSED AFTER A FALL THEN WE MUST BE REAL FINER YIDDEN, BECAUSE IT SHOWS THAT IT REALLY BOTHES US. NEVERMIND THE FACT THAT WE'LL PROBABLY FALL AGAIN DURING THAT DEPRESSION, WE CAN ALWAYS GET DEPRESSED FOR THAT TOO! IN FACT WE CAN SPEND OUR WHOLE LIFE BEING DEPRESSED. THERE'S NO REASON TO ACTUALLY STAY SOBER. I'M GETTING DEPRESSED JUST THINKING ABOUT SUCH K'FIRA THINGS SUCH AS YOU WROTE.. FLACK FLACK FLACK!

:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!
BIG SHOT!
Free Choice?!
Yirai's Memories
STORY TIME :)

Dr. Seuss - You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose. You're on your own, and you know what you know. And you are the guy who'll decide where to go.

FSKOT! (Fell Shmell--Keep on Trucking) (The Rebba R' Bards)

613stillgoing@gmail.com

Re: A struggling bochur 07 Jan 2019 19:25 #338270

I decided to try the taphsik method before trying the pa meetings, and so I just made a שבוע if I act out within the next month I'll need to give $$$$ to tzedokoh... 

I'm hoping bezh it'll work.

(סוטה ט, עמוד א)

ולכן אל יפול לב אדם
(תניא פ"כז)

Re: A struggling bochur 07 Jan 2019 20:26 #338275

• stillgoing
  • Platinum Boarder
Shnitzel and kugel wrote on 07 Jan 2019 19:25:
I decided to try the taphsik method before trying the pa meetings, and so I just made a שבוע if I act out within the next month I'll need to give $$$$ to tzedokoh... 

I'm hoping bezh it'll work.

Shnitz, I dont know if you were just being vague in your post, or if that was your actual shvuah. Although I've never used the taphsik method, to the best of my knowledge it needs to be a two level shvuah. For example, if I want to act out I will twirl lolly pops in my noise, or learn b'euin for 10 minutes. If I do those things and then act out, I do not pay. But if I skip the learning (or whatever I used as your first step deterent) and acted out, then I have to pay.
Simply saying that I will pay if I act out is just making a stronger slap on the wrist. It may work, but often it will not, since it allows us to go all of the way deep into the lust before we have to do anything. At that point it's often too late. The double sided taphsik method (which I have never used) aims to prevent one from even getting into the lustful situation to begin with.
BIG SHOT!
Free Choice?!
Yirai's Memories

Dr. Seuss - You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose. You're on your own, and you know what you know. And you are the guy who'll decide where to go.

613stillgoing@gmail.com

Re: A struggling bochur 07 Jan 2019 20:44 #338276

• gevura shebyesod
  • Current streak: 1193 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Read all about it HERE.
!אנא עבדא דקודשא בריך הוא

וּבְיָדְךָ כֹּחַ וּגְבוּרָה וּבְיָדְךָ לְגַדֵּל וּלְחַזֵּק לַכֹּל

"If it would be so easy there wouldn't be a GYE, but if it would be impossible there also wouldn't be a GYE."
"Sometimes a hard decision leads to an easier outcome."
- General Grant

My story: guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/111583-hello-my-friends

Re: A struggling bochur 07 Jan 2019 20:47 #338277

The double method is just an extra option you can add, I did make just one shvuah, however I added bunch of details including reading things that trigger me etc

(סוטה ט, עמוד א)

ולכן אל יפול לב אדם
(תניא פ"כז)

Re: A struggling bochur 07 Jan 2019 21:29 #338279

• ydid
  • Current streak: 338 days
  • Fresh Boarder
I understand you very very well! 

maybe after your lust goes away THINK and WRITE down how? it was triggered. so avoid these ROADS. 

let say by me: in need to be busy SO if im not busy- to PC stays closed. 
etc. etc. 

hatzlacha raba 

Re: A struggling bochur 07 Jan 2019 23:22 #338282

• stillgoing
  • Platinum Boarder
Shnitzel and kugel wrote on 07 Jan 2019 20:47:
The double method is just an extra option you can add, I did make just one shvuah, however I added bunch of details including reading things that trigger me etc

You're right. I just reread it. Thanks. (And thanks Gevura)

Hatzlacha
sg
BIG SHOT!
Free Choice?!
Yirai's Memories

613stillgoing@gmail.com

Re: A struggling bochur 22 Jan 2019 06:32 #338587

I just fell.. oh my! My fall was me coming onto this site, that's it... I don't have time to write up a whole thing now but for me recovery means not even coming onto this site/checking my gye/ emails/updating my chart vdal.. but my addiction to this site made me come on now.. Lol

Hatslocho to all

(סוטה ט, עמוד א)

ולכן אל יפול לב אדם
(תניא פ"כז)

Re: A struggling bochur 22 Jan 2019 14:18 #338589

• dave m
  • Current streak: 363 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Keep fighting!  You can do it.  This is a long Journey. 

Re: A struggling bochur 01 Feb 2019 08:29 #338773

Brief update: my therapist told me no need for me to come anymore to him... That's a honest person btw... So I've stopped going recently. 

25 days clean bh. Shvuah working.. thinking less about recovery and gye works even better..

Good Shabbos to all!

(סוטה ט, עמוד א)

ולכן אל יפול לב אדם
(תניא פ"כז)

Re: A struggling bochur 03 Feb 2019 19:46 #338789

• hakolhevel
  • Current streak: 42 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Welcome back. Hope to see you more often.

Hatzlacha.
My Thread:The Road To Being Honest With Myself (and others:)

My other Thread: My Daily Inspiration

I'm not a slow learner, I'm just quick to forget" - Eli Nash

A bit of honesty and less over confidence might help me - Imperfection
Time to create page: 0.71 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes