Welcome, Guest

Mesayin's Motivative Messages
(0 viewing) 
Welcome to our forum! Introduce yourself here (anonymously, of course) and get a warm welcome from the rest of the community!

TOPIC: Mesayin's Motivative Messages 49301 Views

Re: My story 11 May 2017 02:17 #312848

• stillgoing
  • Platinum Boarder
Shtika k'hodah.
Obvously others here have come back after (despite/because of) their marriage, but they are not Mesayin. Mesayin could be right. We are all different.

On the other hand, Mark has a good point, we have no idea how we will be in five minutes, certainly months, perhaps one should be very hesitant not to 'hold strong' that one will be safe in another situation.
BIG SHOT!
Free Choice?!
Yirai's Memories
STORY TIME :)

Dr. Seuss - You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose. You're on your own, and you know what you know. And you are the guy who'll decide where to go.

FSKOT! (Fell Shmell--Keep on Trucking) (The Rebba R' Bards)

613stillgoing@gmail.com

Re: My story 11 May 2017 03:30 #312851

• stillgoing
  • Platinum Boarder
Markz wrote on 11 May 2017 02:12:

stillgoing wrote on 11 May 2017 02:10:
Can I say something about marriage?

If your wife is out of earshot, go ahead, you have 20 seconds

I guess that I can't say anything out of Mark's earshot. I wanted to get those two posts in in a row so it'll look like no one minded me giving my two sense on marriage but somehow Mark slipped into the middle. :-)
BIG SHOT!
Free Choice?!
Yirai's Memories

Dr. Seuss - You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose. You're on your own, and you know what you know. And you are the guy who'll decide where to go.

613stillgoing@gmail.com

Re: My story 11 May 2017 03:50 #312852

• neshamaincharge
  • Current streak: 3654 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Mesayin wrote on 10 May 2017 21:32:

Masterbation is happening to me on a nightly basis.

Sorry to hear what you're going through.

Try to be careful with how you speak (even to yourself). I know when I say that things "happen to me" I'm usually absolving myself of responsibility, and then I convince myself I'm just a victim of circumstance.

Wishing you much Hatzlacha!

Re: My story 11 May 2017 04:47 #312857

• Hashem Help Me
  • Current streak: 2791 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Must be pretty demoralizing to fall and get into a rut after 2 years clean. We are all here to help you shlep yourself back out. You did it before and iyh will do it again.
Feel free to contact me at michelgelner@gmail.com

My threads: Lessons Learned: guardyoureyes.com/forum/20-Important-Threads/335248-Lessons-Learned

My Story and G-d Bless GYE: guardyoureyes.com/forum/17-Balei-Battims-Forum/303036-My-story-and-G-d-bless-GYE

Re: My story 11 May 2017 10:46 #312870

• mayanhamisgaber
  • Current streak: 44 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Wow to be clean then have such a hard fall 
YET STILL COME BACK TO US CRAZIES IS

GEVALDIG

So keep on posting and let us no how we can continue helping

We are in this together

KOMTNMW
very important thread: guardyoureyes.com/forum/20-Important-Threads/19180-FEEL-THE-HUGS%21%21%21" option="guardyoureyes.com/forum/20-Important-Threads/19180-FEEL-THE-HUGS%21%21%21">FEEL THE HUGS!!!

Re: My story 11 May 2017 19:03 #312911

• mesayin
  • Current streak: 50 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • הבא ליטהר מסייעין אותו
Thank you all.

Markz 
GS
stillgoing
neshamaincharge
Hashem Help Me
MayanHamisgaber

Stillgoing, I can understand why you ask before you voice your opinion because you might get this:
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!
But you shouldn't be afraid to voice your opinion, ever.

neshamaincharge, you are absolutely right. I just used a poor choice of words.

MayanHamisgaber, you are the one that helped me the most, you made me look back at my old posts, I seemed like a spunky, full of positive energy kind of guy and now I seem like a cold intellectual full of complaints. The post about happiness really moved me. If it worked for me then, it should probably work for me now. 
My thread/My story

Slogans and Sayings

Relapses and falling are inevitable, the challenge is getting up.

Tzaddikim are the not the ones that don't fall, they are the ones that fall constantly and get up constantly.

Feel free to contact me anytime through private message or chat.

Chizzuk emails by Rabbi Duvid Ashear shlita that can change your day subscribe now.

Check out my powerful tefila.

Depressed? Check out some of my jokes

Re: My story 11 May 2017 19:22 #312912

• stillgoing
  • Platinum Boarder
Mesayin wrote on 11 May 2017 19:03:
Thank you all.

Markz 
GS
stillgoing
neshamaincharge
Hashem Help Me
MayanHamisgaber

Stillgoing, I can understand why you ask before you voice your opinion because you might get this:

I wouldn't mind if bigmoish wrote me that, so long as he's talking (read, writing) to me. :-)
BIG SHOT!
Free Choice?!
Yirai's Memories

613stillgoing@gmail.com

Re: My story 11 May 2017 19:31 #312913

• bigmoish
  • Platinum Boarder
Thank you all.

Markz 
GS
stillgoing
neshamaincharge
Hashem Help Me
MayanHamisgaber

MayanHamisgaber, you are the one that helped me the most, you made me look back at my old posts, I seemed like a spunky, full of positive energy kind of guy and now I seem like a cold intellectual full of complaints. The post about happiness really moved me. If it worked for me then, it should probably work for me now. 

My apologies.
Handbook | Skep's Tips
My threads:
www.guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/236327-Bigmoish-tries-to-be-good
www.guardyoureyes.com/forum/4-On-the-Way-to-90-Days/236329-Bigmoishs-path-to-tahara

"We have met the enemy and he is us" - Pogo
"Expectation is the mother of frustration" - gibbor120
"Today, damn it! Today!" - cordnoy
"Desiring is not a sin at all, but just a sign that you are not dead yet" - Dov
"We are our own worst observer" - eslaasos's therapist
WDHW!!!

Re: My story 11 May 2017 20:50 #312917

• mesayin
  • Platinum Boarder
  • הבא ליטהר מסייעין אותו
Bigmoish wrote on 11 May 2017 19:31:

Thank you all.

Markz 
GS
stillgoing
neshamaincharge
Hashem Help Me
MayanHamisgaber

My apologies.

No need to apologize, you should also voice your opinion.
My thread/My story

Slogans and Sayings

Tzaddikim are the not the ones that don't fall, they are the ones that fall constantly and get up constantly.

Chizzuk emails by Rabbi Duvid Ashear shlita that can change your day subscribe now.

Last Edit: 11 May 2017 20:54 by mesayin.

Re: My story 12 May 2017 15:13 #312967

• mesayin
  • Platinum Boarder
  • הבא ליטהר מסייעין אותו
One of my long standing issues has been trying to figure what I enjoy doing in my life other then playing mature rated video games and watching movies, if I could find out what I enjoy and put my life into it then I would be much more fulfilled and be more motivated to deal with my lust issues.

B"H I recently discovered a few things that I enjoy and that I think I can be good at.

(By the way I am told that I am very talented and smart which makes it no surprise that I am suffering, "Kul hagadol m'chaveiroi yitzroi gadol mimenee(u)". Also I once heard from Rabbi YY Jacobson that he asked Rabbi A.J Twerski what he learned in his 60 years of dealing with alchaholics, he said: "The people that suffer from addiction are the most sensetive among us".)

The few things I would enjoy are the following:

Philosophy
Psychology
Humor
Music

So I would like to try out here on the forum, and I indulge you that you please respectfully give me a piece of your mind on anything I write.
My thread/My story

Slogans and Sayings

Re: My story 12 May 2017 16:09 #312970

• gevura shebyesod
  • Current streak: 1199 days
  • Platinum Boarder
or you can do a philosophic study on the psychology of funny songs
!אנא עבדא דקודשא בריך הוא

וּבְיָדְךָ כֹּחַ וּגְבוּרָה וּבְיָדְךָ לְגַדֵּל וּלְחַזֵּק לַכֹּל

"If it would be so easy there wouldn't be a GYE, but if it would be impossible there also wouldn't be a GYE."
"Sometimes a hard decision leads to an easier outcome."
- General Grant

My story: guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/111583-hello-my-friends

Re: My story 12 May 2017 17:17 #312973

• mesayin
  • Platinum Boarder
  • הבא ליטהר מסייעין אותו
Something about atheists...

"There are no atheists in a foxhole, but there are plenty of foxholes in an atheist."

There are three words that religious people and atheists say but are interpreted differently:

The proof that god exists is: Chassidim say that there is a god and the litvaks don't disagree.

Proof that god can make a mistake: Chayav udum loimar bishvili nevrah haolam, he created the whole world for/because of me.
BIG MISTAKE.
My thread/My story

Slogans and Sayings

Re: My story 12 May 2017 17:21 #312974

• mesayin
  • Platinum Boarder
  • הבא ליטהר מסייעין אותו
cordnoy wrote on 01 May 2017 21:15:

GYE gave me the opportunity to personally meet many fine fellows. I will list them, for I thank each and every one of them for their friendship, advice, suggestions, criticisms, etc. 
Pidaini
Lizhensk
Big moish
Gibbor (need more)
Skeptical (although we need a better meet)
DD
Unanumun
Laasos
Still going
Zemmy
Jake
Innastruggle
Lavi
Pischoshelmachat
Fresh start
RGT
Kilochalu
Misgaber
SB

I was within a hundred feet from:
Gevura
Guard
Shlomo

I have had private and personal conversation with:
Grow strong
TZ
Dov
Real simcha
Godhelp
OTR
tzomah
ShmielZ
Shteiger
Yesod
shemirashabris
Dms123456789
Yesod
Workin'guy
Laughin'man
Serenity
MoB
MarkZ
Yidtryin'harder
Chullent kin'
Trouble
Belmont
ShmuliK
Boropark yid
Israel61320
Watson
Mggmbs
YosefTH
Appearance

I have been in touch with:
Yiraishamaim
Maayan
NIC
Aryeh
Hashivalisassonyishechaimisgabecha
Shivisi
PeloniAlmoni
DuvidChaim
Eli
Lifnei
Lomed
Shtiebel
SIB14628
Joe
Singularity
NewActin'
MendelZ
Shmeichel
MBJ

Ahem...
My thread/My story

Slogans and Sayings

Last Edit: 08 Jun 2017 11:41 by cordnoy.

Re: My story 12 May 2017 17:41 #312977

• mesayin
  • Platinum Boarder
  • הבא ליטהר מסייעין אותו
One topic that fascinates me is the role that women play in Judaism, now I know it's good to talk about women here but you know what I mean, besides maybe if we can see what role they play we would look at them as people and not objects.

It bothered the fact that Judaism speaks about that fact that everyone is valuable and that no one is second class, Hashem doesn't make spare parts. Yet from an outside perspective it seems that women are second class, the can't learn torah, they can't keep most mitzvos, men separate themselves from them, so on and so forth...

And because of that people are actually criticizing Judaism becauase of it, hence the reform movement making lady rabbi's and the movement of women of the wall. Therefore whenever I can find out anything about that fact that women play just as big role in Judaism, it facinates me.

Let's start here:

​In the times of the Romans and the Greeks the women were indeed second class, since they worshiped the body and any external achievements (Strength in muscle, wealth, power, etc...) and women aren't strong or and don't seem to have any external attributes compared to their male counterpart, therefore they treated second class.

​Fast-forward to today in Western society, I think they have the same idea about women, except since we are in a democracy we can't treat them like second class, so what they do is, they try to make women into men. Give them power, teach them to be physically strong, allow them to dress like a man and so on. Now that they have the same external attributes as a male so now we can treat them the same. But the principal stays the same, a woman being a woman is second class because she is weak.

Judaism on the other hand looks at external achievements and attributes as totally secondary, the primary are the internal intangible achievements, like emunah, dealing with nisyoinis, etc... And let's face it, most of the good qualities of a women is internal, something that you can measure in the height of a muscle, a bank account or popularity. A woman is akeres habayis of a family, a mother is something you can't quantify and many other attributes that they have.   

Therefore, externally Judaism looks like it's treating women as second class but if we delve into the internal we would see that they play just as big a role if not bigger then men do.
My thread/My story

Slogans and Sayings

Re: My story 12 May 2017 17:46 #312978

• cordnoy
They play a much bigger role in my head than men do.
My email: thenewme613@hotmail.com
My threads: Mikvah Night - Page 1Page 2Page 3Last Page

https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/1-Break-Free/210029-Tryin
My job: Punchin' bag of GYE - "NeshamaInCharge"
Quote from the chevra: "Is Cordnoy truly a Treasure Island pirate from the Southern Seas?"

MY POSTS ARE NOT WRITTEN AS A MODERATOR UNLESS EXPLICITLY STATED.
Time to create page: 1.35 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes