Welcome, Guest
Welcome to our forum! Introduce yourself here (anonymously, of course) and get a warm welcome from the rest of the community!

TOPIC: SOBRIETY 15503 Views

Re: SOBRIETY 02 Jun 2015 20:40 #255875

• yiraishamaim
  • Platinum Boarder
Well I don't know what "level" I am at. Whenever I think I am coasting nicely Hashem sends me a humbling reminder.

Yeah, I agree about just starting and doing our best.

We can alsoplan to finish. Why not? However, I agree it's the sincere daily effort

that's important and gives us the geshmack.

That's the true spice of life!

Re: SOBRIETY 02 Jun 2015 20:59 #255883

Hi Yiras,
I am so strengthened from your success. Would you be willing to speak with me to help me follow in your footsteps?
You can send me a email directly to my gmail pischoshelmachat@gmail.com.
Thank you!

Re: SOBRIETY 09 Jun 2015 00:01 #256395

• yiraishamaim
  • Platinum Boarder
What is the value of a mitzvah?

I heard the following from a Gadol B'torah

The monetary value of an item varies from one individual to another based upon how important the item is to that person. For one person it is of extreme importance and he might pay a small fortune for it. For another it may not be important at all and perhaps will pay little or anything for the same item.

He went on to explain the value of the mitzvah is directly connected to our attitude.For one person its fulfillment is so precious for another it may have only a limited value.

This forum, its discussions,its postmortems and its celebrations are all connected with Hashems mitzvos of kedusha v'taharah. Clearly they are so very dear to us.

It's heartwarming to know that due to our attitudes Hashem in turn finds our mitvos very precious as well.

Re: SOBRIETY 14 Jun 2015 06:28 #256774

• yiraishamaim
  • Platinum Boarder
So here's the scoop...

I am making a simcha in the near future.

Some of us get sentimental at such times.

So you know you got to make lists to know whom to invite. well there is the people at work list,summer friend list, shul list, old buddy list etc.
The emes is the "GYE forum guys" is a most interesting list. These are the awesome group of friends who have so directly assisted me in not only attaining Olam Habah(I hope and pray) but have helped give me the tools to live life right here in good 'ol Olam Hazeh the way it should be - in other words SOBRIETY.

Wish I could invite you all to dance with me.

Thank you all so very much for providing the crucial life support that you do.

I am sure we all here agree that the value of this forum's friendship is immeasurable.
Last Edit: 14 Jun 2015 06:29 by yiraishamaim.

Re: SOBRIETY 14 Jun 2015 08:54 #256778

Congratulations to you
For three years I realized the problem I have not managed to reach over 21 days sober! But I try to get up
You said something essential: there is nothing more beautiful than sobriety; the only happy days are those sober; lust ruined so many other days.
Thank you for the power of your testimony, I hope to tell you in my path right steps
A brother of France

Re: SOBRIETY 14 Jun 2015 11:11 #256783

• yiraishamaim
  • Platinum Boarder
Yes yes -

knowing what you said, that the pleasure of Sobriety is so real and beautiful is a powerful incentive to do what it takes to be and stay clean.

Bravo! keep up what your doing and may you continue to experience the real happiness that you describe.

Re: SOBRIETY 14 Jun 2015 15:20 #256789

yiraishamaim wrote:
So here's the scoop...

So you know you got to make lists to know whom to invite. well there is the people at work list,summer friend list, shul list, old buddy list etc.
The emes is the "GYE forum guys" is a most interesting list. These are the awesome group of friends who have so directly assisted me in not only attaining Olam Habah(I hope and pray) but have helped give me the tools to live life right here in good 'ol Olam Hazeh the way it should be - in other words SOBRIETY.

I am sure we all here agree that the value of this forum's friendship is immeasurable.

I feel the same way. I feel so close to all my dear friends here and would love them at my simcha. Then maybe you are my brother, cousin, mechiten, or even son in law and really are at my simcha.
I know some day in olom habba we will have a special club of baalei tshuvah where tzaddikim gemurim can only watch as we dance and celebrate together our closeness with each other and the rbs"o.

Re: SOBRIETY 14 Jun 2015 15:31 #256796

• sib101854
  • Current streak: 4036 days
  • Platinum Boarder
I am also making a simcha in the near future. I cannot describe how confrontinmg with and dealing with my addiction and being part of the chevra has enhanced my personal simcha. May we all continue to strive to reach a level of Kedusha and Taharah.

Re: SOBRIETY 14 Jun 2015 15:34 #256798

• cordnoy
yiraishamaim wrote:
So here's the scoop...

in the words of a famous group: shut up and dance with me

email us the invite please
My email: thenewme613@hotmail.com
My threads: Mikvah Night - Page 1Page 2Page 3Last Page

https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/1-Break-Free/210029-Tryin
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!
My job: Punchin' bag of GYE - "NeshamaInCharge"
Quote from the chevra: "Is Cordnoy truly a Treasure Island pirate from the Southern Seas?"

MY POSTS ARE NOT WRITTEN AS A MODERATOR UNLESS EXPLICITLY STATED.

Re: SOBRIETY 14 Jun 2015 15:35 #256799

• cordnoy
pischoshelmachat wrote:
yiraishamaim wrote:
So here's the scoop...

I feel the same way. I feel so close to all my dear friends here and would love them at my simcha. Then maybe you are my brother, cousin, mechiten, or even son in law and really are at my simcha.
I know some day in olom habba we will have a special club of baalei tshuvah where tzaddikim gemurim can only watch as we dance and celebrate together our closeness with each other and the rbs"o.

we cant attend if we are not invited.

Quote from the chevra: "Is Cordnoy truly a Treasure Island pirate from the Southern Seas?"

Re: SOBRIETY 14 Jun 2015 15:36 #256800

• cordnoy
SIB101854 wrote:
I am also making a simcha in the near future. I cannot describe how confrontinmg with and dealing with my addiction and being part of the chevra has enhanced my personal simcha. May we all continue to strive to reach a level of Kedusha and Taharah.

at least youre honest...you don't write about invitin' us.
[not an insinuation on the others though]

mazal tov and continued simchos and nachas

Re: SOBRIETY 14 Jun 2015 15:40 #256801

• sib101854
  • Current streak: 4036 days
  • Platinum Boarder
But you will all be there in my mind. The chizuk that I have received anc continue to receive on an ongoing basis is and always be priceless.

Re: SOBRIETY 14 Jun 2015 15:47 #256803

• cordnoy
SIB101854 wrote:
But you will all be there in my mind. The chizuk that I have received anc continue to receive on an ongoing basis is and always be priceless.

like seudas reb akiva eiger....oh well...

Re: SOBRIETY 14 Jun 2015 18:20 #256814

• gevura shebyesod
  • Current streak: 1199 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Mazel Tov! May we continue to share in each other's Simchos, even if it's only from afar.
!אנא עבדא דקודשא בריך הוא

וּבְיָדְךָ כֹּחַ וּגְבוּרָה וּבְיָדְךָ לְגַדֵּל וּלְחַזֵּק לַכֹּל

"If it would be so easy there wouldn't be a GYE, but if it would be impossible there also wouldn't be a GYE."
"Sometimes a hard decision leads to an easier outcome."
- General Grant

My story: guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/111583-hello-my-friends

Re: SOBRIETY 15 Jun 2015 00:32 #256839

• yiraishamaim
  • Platinum Boarder
I stand by my original post "I wish I could invite you..."

In my situation taking EVERYONE and EVERYTHING into account at this time, I believe it beat to keep my anonymity. Perhaps this will change in the future.
It appears from the posts "most" of you understand this.

We all do not have the same situation etc.

There has been no lack of honesty here or anywhere on my posts.
Time to create page: 0.62 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes