Welcome, Guest

Free Choice?!!
(0 viewing) 
Welcome to our forum! Introduce yourself here (anonymously, of course) and get a warm welcome from the rest of the community!

TOPIC: Free Choice?!! 38436 Views

Re: Free Choice?!! 29 Jul 2015 01:43 #260478

• serenity
  • Platinum Boarder
  • "ONE DAY AT A TIME"
Even if I went to all those calls, I'd still have more time (Quality and Quantity) at work and with family then I had when I was acting out!
Much Hatzlacha!

My Threads:
Glad to be here
Don't slip it hurts
Lions & Tigers & Internet, Oh My!

--"ולא המדרש עיקר, אלא המעשה"
--"To promise not to do a thing is the surest way in the world to make a body want to go and do that very thing." Mark Twain
--"If, when you honestly want to, you find you cannot quit entirely, or if when drinking (or lusting), you have little control over the amount you take, you are probably alcoholic (or sexaholic)." AA Big Book P. 45. Parenthesis added.
--You hit rock bottom when you decide to stop digging.

Re: Free Choice?!! 17 Aug 2015 22:48 #262007

• stillgoing
  • Platinum Boarder
yiraishamaim
A wise man told me lately: "we are in the business of efforts, Hashem is in the business of results"
If we truly yearn for sobriety, put in our truly best effort -work on emuna and limiting possible triggers Hashem will send the Yeshua

But that's not as easy as it sounds. I feel that I'm clearly not putting in my "truly best effort", if I was, I might actually succeed! The fact that I haven't succeeded is not why I say that this is not my "truly best effort", there are many times when I know clearly that I should go left, and I go right. Or leave, and I stay. I get myself into the mess almost every time. Like vertigo, instead of running away, I run right in.
BIG SHOT!
Free Choice?!
Yirai's Memories
STORY TIME :)

Dr. Seuss - You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose. You're on your own, and you know what you know. And you are the guy who'll decide where to go.

FSKOT! (Fell Shmell--Keep on Trucking) (The Rebba R' Bards)

613stillgoing@gmail.com

Re: Free Choice?!! 18 Aug 2015 11:24 #262058

• yiraishamaim
  • Platinum Boarder
Sure, that is the nature of addiction. "true best effort" cannot mean simply trying one's best to make the right choice of resisting lust and doing Hashem's will. If it did we would not need the forum and all other useful tools for recovery.

Doing one's best means on the journey to recovery a person is committed to do what ever it takes for sobriety - for each individual it is different. As well, it takes some time to hone the approach according to the individual. However, the passion to succeed has to be there. The commitment to do what it takes has to be there. Most of all the actions have to happen. That means any, a combination of,or all of the following: active member of this forum, 12 steps, attendance at SA meetings, medication, get a sponsor. I am sure I missed some other points that "al regel achas" I did not mention.

stillgoing, most people fall a number of times until they get into a groove - a program that works for them. Of course even then there is no guarantee it will last forever.
Pick yourself up and tweak your approach. Do whatever it takes for sobriety. I am personally floored by the efforts some people on this forum make for their sobriety. Some even have multiple addictions. But they are steadfast in their commitment and will do WHATEVER is necessary for recovery. And even though they might say that they are not in charge and they give themselves over to Hashem - which of course is true - do not take that to mean they just linger and participate in their recovery with one foot out the door - No sir,
they are doing their part, putting forth an hishtadlus with all their heart. A happy non- nervous heart but a serious committed heart just the same.

Re: Free Choice?!! 18 Aug 2015 21:09 #262148

• stillgoing
  • Platinum Boarder
Acupuncture?
BIG SHOT!
Free Choice?!
Yirai's Memories

Dr. Seuss - You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose. You're on your own, and you know what you know. And you are the guy who'll decide where to go.

613stillgoing@gmail.com

Re: Free Choice?!! 19 Aug 2015 00:30 #262165

• yiraishamaim
  • Platinum Boarder
Ha Ha!

Re: Free Choice?!! 19 Aug 2015 23:12 #262322

• stillgoing
  • Platinum Boarder
I love this clip from Gevurah's thread.

Attachment C:\fakepath\Marshmallow test[2].wmv not found

Sorry, I wasn't able to find it again to post the link to the thread (Hello my friends...) but it's worthwhile to see this. It's a study of little kids to see how long they can go in a room alone with a marshmallow sitting in front of them without eating it. If they can do it then they get two marshmallows. Not all of the kids were able to do it, but the faces they make and the sneaking little bits when they thought they were alone is so similar to us white knuckling. We think no one is watching us...
...when really
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!
BIG SHOT!
Free Choice?!
Yirai's Memories

613stillgoing@gmail.com
Last Edit: 16 Nov 2015 23:16 by stillgoing.

Re: Free Choice?!! 19 Aug 2015 23:25 #262328

• gevura shebyesod
  • Current streak: 1248 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Here it is:
https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/111583-hello-my-friends?limit=15&start=195#127835
Scroll down a few posts to see the video as an attachment.

I love it too but did you have to post it 6 times? or are you just tryin to catch up to Cordy's post count?
!אנא עבדא דקודשא בריך הוא

וּבְיָדְךָ כֹּחַ וּגְבוּרָה וּבְיָדְךָ לְגַדֵּל וּלְחַזֵּק לַכֹּל

"If it would be so easy there wouldn't be a GYE, but if it would be impossible there also wouldn't be a GYE."
"Sometimes a hard decision leads to an easier outcome."
- General Grant

My story: guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/111583-hello-my-friends
Last Edit: 19 Aug 2015 23:27 by gevura shebyesod.

Re: Free Choice?!! 19 Aug 2015 23:30 #262329

• gevura shebyesod
  • Platinum Boarder
Oh, and you misspelled my name. 6 times! Oy my ego....

"If it would be so easy there wouldn't be a GYE, but if it would be impossible there also wouldn't be a GYE."
- General Grant

Re: Free Choice?!! 19 Aug 2015 23:44 #262332

• stillgoing
  • Platinum Boarder
Gevura without a h
Oh, and you misspelled my name. 6 times! Oy my ego....

I didn't misspell your name, I just added to it. Kol hamosif, harai zea mishubach.
Sorry, it wasn't going through at first so I kept on pushing send and now that you responded, I can't even delete them! The system used to delete repeated posts. I guess not today.
Anyway, thanks for the link. I think my attachment didn't work.
BIG SHOT!
Free Choice?!
Yirai's Memories

613stillgoing@gmail.com
Last Edit: 20 Aug 2015 17:20 by stillgoing.

Re: Free Choice?!! 19 Aug 2015 23:51 #262334

• gevura shebyesod
  • Platinum Boarder
Umm... look again.

stillgoing wrote:
I love this clip from Gerurah's thread.

- General Grant

Re: Free Choice?!! 20 Aug 2015 00:18 #262336

• cordnoy
Toot!
Sex!
Ooh!
Ooh!
My email: thenewme613@hotmail.com
My threads: Mikvah Night - Page 1Page 2Page 3Last Page

https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/1-Break-Free/210029-Tryin
My job: Punchin' bag of GYE - "NeshamaInCharge"
Quote from the chevra: "Is Cordnoy truly a Treasure Island pirate from the Southern Seas?"

MY POSTS ARE NOT WRITTEN AS A MODERATOR UNLESS EXPLICITLY STATED.

Re: Free Choice?!! 20 Aug 2015 00:18 #262337

• cordnoy
Gevura Shebyesod wrote:
Here it is:
https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/111583-hello-my-friends?limit=15&start=195#127835
Scroll down a few posts to see the video as an attachment.

I love it too but did you have to post it 6 times? or are you just tryin to catch up to Cordy's post count?

not on my watch!
My email: thenewme613@hotmail.com
My threads: Mikvah Night - Page 1Page 2Page 3Last Page

https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/1-Break-Free/210029-Tryin
My job: Punchin' bag of GYE - "NeshamaInCharge"
Quote from the chevra: "Is Cordnoy truly a Treasure Island pirate from the Southern Seas?"

MY POSTS ARE NOT WRITTEN AS A MODERATOR UNLESS EXPLICITLY STATED.

Re: Free Choice?!! 20 Aug 2015 17:26 #262404

• stillgoing
  • Platinum Boarder
gEVura without an h
Umm... look again.

stillgoing wrote:

oh! woops. I guess that was why I couldn't find it. (8maybe I should have looked for 90)
BIG SHOT!
Free Choice?!
Yirai's Memories

613stillgoing@gmail.com
Last Edit: 20 Aug 2015 17:33 by stillgoing.

Re: Free Choice?!! 20 Aug 2015 17:29 #262405

• gevura shebyesod
  • Platinum Boarder
You did it again!!!!

stillgoing wrote:
guVura without an h
Umm... look again.

stillgoing wrote:

oh! woops. I guess that was why I couldn't find it. (8maybe I should have looked for 90)

It must be so hard to type with feathertips....

- General Grant

Re: Free Choice?!! 20 Aug 2015 17:38 #262408

• stillgoing
  • Platinum Boarder

You're not kidding. Ever since Snappy attacked Flyhigh, I've been biting my claws with fear. Now I can't type. You can tell Cordnoy that that's the reason that I sometimes misspell his name too. It's what's in the heart (woodford?) that matters.

Btw, if you look back at my post you'll see that I spelled your name right. You must have switched it when you quoted me.

(at least you know that I don't cut and paste. I actually take the time to write out important names.)
BIG SHOT!
Free Choice?!
Yirai's Memories

613stillgoing@gmail.com
Time to create page: 0.72 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes