Welcome, Guest

Productivity - A Poll
(0 viewing) 
Welcome to our forum! Introduce yourself here (anonymously, of course) and get a warm welcome from the rest of the community!

Poll: How to become Productive?

Prepare a list 7 38.9%
Focus; block out interruptions 6 33.3%
Tapshik; report to others 2 11.1%
Other (please elaborate) 3 16.7%
Total number of voters:18 ( gevura shebyesod inastruggle lizhensk cordnoy dd 9494 military613 doingtshuva guardyoureyesds unanumun TalmidChaim bigmoish neshamaincharge yidtryingharder serenity yudi Michael94 flognaw48 )
Only registered users can participate to this poll
  • Page:

TOPIC: Productivity - A Poll 3768 Views

Productivity - A Poll 20 Feb 2015 13:26 #249060

• cordnoy
Many of us say that bein' sluggish, unproductive, bored, outta focus gets us into troubled thinkin'.

:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!

If you choose option 4, please elaborate, and then perhaps, I can modify the options.

Maybe this will help some.

b'hatzlachah
My email: thenewme613@hotmail.com
My threads: Mikvah Night - Page 1Page 2Page 3Last Page

https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/1-Break-Free/210029-Tryin
My job: Punchin' bag of GYE - "NeshamaInCharge"
Quote from the chevra: "Is Cordnoy truly a Treasure Island pirate from the Southern Seas?"

MY POSTS ARE NOT WRITTEN AS A MODERATOR UNLESS EXPLICITLY STATED.

Re: Productivity - A Poll 20 Feb 2015 14:12 #249064

• doingtshuva
  • Platinum Boarder
Cordony
I voted - Focus; block out interruptions

I was a person that was very organized on paper, but till I didn't stop lusting I couldn't start focusing. Today I can remember more without all the notes I use to prepare.

But yes having a list of things to do can help you when your bored.
 *  NO, It's not all or nothing, just every bit counts!
 *  I failed yesterday, and I might fail tomorrow. But just for today I'm going to give it a try.
 *  Being curios made me lust and get into trouble.

אָמַר רבי יוחנן: אֵבֶר קָטָן יֵשׁ לוֹ לָאָדָם, מַרְעִיבוֹ = שָׂבֵעַ, מַשְׂבִּיעוֹ = רָעֵב

Gye program + Handbook  -  Taphsik method  -  90 day chart  -  Ebooks  -  Shiurim  -  Rabbi Dr. Avraham Twerski  -  Recent topics on the Forum

Re: Productivity - A Poll 20 Feb 2015 14:46 #249066

• yidtryingharder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • lust isn't my problem, what makes me lust is
I voted stay focused

Even if I have stuff to do and I have a list, there will always be something more convenient to do at the moment, even if it neglects necessities. My best moments are under pressure because I must stay focused, for example I'm a mohel and the pressure of doing it right and b"h it has never let me down, also now I am trying to learn the meggila for Purim so I can read it for my wife, and that is the last thing that gets done, however now that it's coming down the wire im spending more time on it. If I'd stay focussed is do much more with my time
Hashem these lustful thoughts are not mine I don't need them or want them please take them from me so I can live a happy and healthy life

Gotta roll with the punches or the punches will roll all over you

yesterday was
tomorrow will be
the only thing you can change is the moment you see

keep smiling and keep busy

"lust is fire to dynamite don't get close" from someone don't remember who

The worst thing i did to myself was lie to myself for 2 whole years

I try not to hate it takes way to much energy
Last Edit: 20 Feb 2015 14:48 by yidtryingharder.

Re: Productivity - A Poll 21 Feb 2015 19:47 #249083

• dd
  • Platinum Boarder
  • כל זמן שהנשמה בקרבי מודה אני לפניך
I voted reporting to others. Because thats whats working now. But i guess it depends on each guy. And even the same guy it could depend on the dekufah.

Re: Productivity - A Poll 22 Feb 2015 07:09 #249136

• serenity
  • Platinum Boarder
  • "ONE DAY AT A TIME"
Do the next right thing. Live in the present. I like the lists, but they only work for me for what I'm doing now. Journaling my goals and progress also helps.
Much Hatzlacha!

My Threads:
Glad to be here
Don't slip it hurts
Lions & Tigers & Internet, Oh My!

--"ולא המדרש עיקר, אלא המעשה"
--"To promise not to do a thing is the surest way in the world to make a body want to go and do that very thing." Mark Twain
--"If, when you honestly want to, you find you cannot quit entirely, or if when drinking (or lusting), you have little control over the amount you take, you are probably alcoholic (or sexaholic)." AA Big Book P. 45. Parenthesis added.
--You hit rock bottom when you decide to stop digging.

Re: Productivity - A Poll 22 Feb 2015 16:31 #249168

• unanumun
  • Platinum Boarder
Voted other.
First step would be to get in control of everything that you have sitting on your mind, not necessarily any specific task at hand.
The more one feels in control of what he has to do, the easier it is to do it. (This is not exactly making a list - I understand making a list as a list of things i want to do now, while I am talking about a comlpete control of things that have to get done)
(I once started a thread about this : see here )

Re: Productivity - A Poll 26 Feb 2015 05:13 #249452

• cordnoy
Other - get proper sleep!

Quote from the chevra: "Is Cordnoy truly a Treasure Island pirate from the Southern Seas?"

Re: Productivity - A Poll 26 Feb 2015 05:27 #249454

• serenity
  • Platinum Boarder
  • "ONE DAY AT A TIME"
Yes !!!
Much Hatzlacha!

My Threads:
Glad to be here
Don't slip it hurts
Lions & Tigers & Internet, Oh My!

--"ולא המדרש עיקר, אלא המעשה"
--"To promise not to do a thing is the surest way in the world to make a body want to go and do that very thing." Mark Twain
--"If, when you honestly want to, you find you cannot quit entirely, or if when drinking (or lusting), you have little control over the amount you take, you are probably alcoholic (or sexaholic)." AA Big Book P. 45. Parenthesis added.
--You hit rock bottom when you decide to stop digging.

Re: Productivity - A Poll 26 Feb 2015 10:33 #249463

• doingtshuva
  • Platinum Boarder
cordnoy wrote:
Other - get proper sleep!

When I sleep good things go easier.
Shluf Git Vet Zein Git
 *  NO, It's not all or nothing, just every bit counts!
 *  I failed yesterday, and I might fail tomorrow. But just for today I'm going to give it a try.
 *  Being curios made me lust and get into trouble.

אָמַר רבי יוחנן: אֵבֶר קָטָן יֵשׁ לוֹ לָאָדָם, מַרְעִיבוֹ = שָׂבֵעַ, מַשְׂבִּיעוֹ = רָעֵב

Gye program + Handbook  -  Taphsik method  -  90 day chart  -  Ebooks  -  Shiurim  -  Rabbi Dr. Avraham Twerski  -  Recent topics on the Forum

Re: Productivity - A Poll 22 Mar 2015 16:09 #251012

• cordnoy
unanumun wrote:
Voted other.
First step would be to get in control of everything that you have sitting on your mind, not necessarily any specific task at hand.
The more one feels in control of what he has to do, the easier it is to do it. (This is not exactly making a list - I understand making a list as a list of things i want to do now, while I am talking about a comlpete control of things that have to get done)
(I once started a thread about this : see here )

structure?

Re: Productivity - A Poll 22 Mar 2015 21:00 #251029

• TalmidChaim
  • Platinum Boarder
Focusing has always been my problem. I get more school work done in the library, away from the computer. So removing distractions is key for me.

I also find that my brain needs priming, in a way. I need to give myself like 20 minutes of just disciplined work to get myself into productivity mode. That includes writing a piece of information out, over and over again, or reciting something, like I'm teaching to it another. So many issues concerning lack of focus come from just not using our brains correctly. Our brains want to work; we don't let them, most of the time. Brains need stimulation.
0% Tolerance and 100% Self-Forgiveness.

Lo ba-shamayim hi
Mellow out.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.62 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes