Welcome, Guest

A Poll - Your Biggest Concern
(0 viewing) 
Welcome to our forum! Introduce yourself here (anonymously, of course) and get a warm welcome from the rest of the community!

Poll: What Ya' Worried About?

Eyes Wanderin' in Street 28 19.9%
Trigger-Happy-Finger on Computer 56 39.7%
Thoughts/Fantasies 26 18.4%
M 31 22%
Total number of voters:141 ( ZemirosShabbos gevura shebyesod mggsbms jewishfiltergeek dms1234 rav etzlo Atzmosyosef MBJ gibbor120 inastruggle testchart1 lizhensk pischoshelmachat Singularity mr.clean cordnoy mattlanta Shmeichel dd ddmm11219 9494 shomer bro iwillguardmyeyes doingtshuva beattheyezter bsimcha joniteshuba ineedchizuk bigmoish peloni almoni trysohard newaction neshamaincharge shlomo24 workingjew DeletedUser2996 belmont4175 Yesod MisterD91 yidtryingharder serenity yiraishamaim ehrliche.bochur needchange18 breakingthehabit Gimpel123456789 Hashivalisesonyishecho Yanklast Sasha 2 stillgoing fulfillinglife613 polar bear yudi Shas abd297 i-man waydown ZDuvid goodchange613 eslaasos Markz Mitgaber Aryeh821 shmulyz19 Acr Gettingcloser Marven wantoimprove 1DayMore mesayin alwaysimproving365 re balabos ColinColin Yesodi Workingguy BenTorah.BaalHabayis ishkabible dz703 Yaalzu shmirashachaim happy guy strugglinginpain Endeavouring gettingincontrol Chizuk29 YidFromMonsey yyy benyakov will Succeed Beh NewJew21 KedushasLevi elul teshuvahguy Meier bb0212 Dreaming Lite Baruch_Hashem hakolhevel SalerMoish GrowStrong mayanhamisgaber trouble Ihavestrength oivedelokim RaabosMachshovos lionking higherjourney higher clarity26 Shnitzel and kugel Yoni234 Shmiras_3.0 aaron1 trg261 Guard1 qwerty123456 ehrlich Bezrashashen looking_to_improve AsimpleJew fr33et flognaw48 shalom2 eccentriccomposer yeshivaguy Rebuild613 zedj theyoungertwin concernedjew21 dansto benny57 gettingthere9 tf f2fd workingonmyselfyid amevakesh iyh2023 talkonly )
Only registered users can participate to this poll

TOPIC: A Poll - Your Biggest Concern 29198 Views

Re: A Poll - Your Biggest Concern 28 Dec 2014 22:00 #245954

• serenity
  • Platinum Boarder
  • "ONE DAY AT A TIME"
I think that applies to me a lot. My cravings for human relationship, attention and affection combined with my inability to fulfill that need in a healthy way contributed to my addiction.
Much Hatzlacha!

My Threads:
Glad to be here
Don't slip it hurts
Lions & Tigers & Internet, Oh My!

--"ולא המדרש עיקר, אלא המעשה"
--"To promise not to do a thing is the surest way in the world to make a body want to go and do that very thing." Mark Twain
--"If, when you honestly want to, you find you cannot quit entirely, or if when drinking (or lusting), you have little control over the amount you take, you are probably alcoholic (or sexaholic)." AA Big Book P. 45. Parenthesis added.
--You hit rock bottom when you decide to stop digging.

Re: A Poll - Your Biggest Concern 28 Dec 2014 22:12 #245960

• cordnoy
Would you care to explain why it couldn't be fulfilled?
No pressure though.
My email: thenewme613@hotmail.com
My threads: Mikvah Night - Page 1Page 2Page 3Last Page

https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/1-Break-Free/210029-Tryin
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!
My job: Punchin' bag of GYE - "NeshamaInCharge"
Quote from the chevra: "Is Cordnoy truly a Treasure Island pirate from the Southern Seas?"

MY POSTS ARE NOT WRITTEN AS A MODERATOR UNLESS EXPLICITLY STATED.

Re: A Poll - Your Biggest Concern 28 Dec 2014 22:15 #245961

• newaction
  • Platinum Boarder
Yes , makes a lot of sense.Back in school age 13-14 everybody around me had girl friends. ( at that age it meant , sticking together , holding hands , etc ). I was not the out going type so i did not "picked up a girlfriend " . but that vacuum stayed with me . i yearned to have a "love" . So i guess thats where females gained so much reverence in my eyes ( of course among many other character defects ). Its kind of funny that "relationship addiction" . clicked something . Well today , i guess , we all have that child within us.

Re: A Poll - Your Biggest Concern 28 Dec 2014 22:22 #245964

• cordnoy
Great!

And now it's time for you to take the poll.

Quote from the chevra: "Is Cordnoy truly a Treasure Island pirate from the Southern Seas?"

Re: A Poll - Your Biggest Concern 28 Dec 2014 22:36 #245967

• newaction
  • Platinum Boarder
I just gave my vote . Eyes are the beginning and the end . when we are not watching with our physical eyes we are doing it with the eyes of our mind. ( but that relates to me . I can not talk for others ) . Wishing all GYE members refuat hanefesh ve refuat haguf.

Re: A Poll - Your Biggest Concern 28 Dec 2014 23:04 #245968

Check this out

This attachment is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
פישעלע

Re: A Poll - Your Biggest Concern 29 Dec 2014 02:23 #245998

• serenity
  • Platinum Boarder
  • "ONE DAY AT A TIME"
Ah the question of the day! Maybe I'll have the answer after I finish my 4th step. I think I can partially answer it though. First and just to be clear, it was due to my own dysfunction and lack of knowledge or understanding as how to connect with people to get the attention I craved in a healthy way. ---- Wow Avrom, thanks for that! My mind just flash flooded with thoughts about how, over the years, I would seek attention in unhealthy ways and not just in connection with acting out in my sexual disease. I made trouble in school, had behavioral problems at home, etc. People would always say, "he's just trying to get attention", and that would really get me angry. I hated when people said that. I could see myself hitting someone or at least screaming at them for saying that about me. And low and behold 35 or so years later, I can begin to see how they were right, thanks to a caring person I have never met and don't know. The question is what came first or was learned first, my desire for attention or the negative attention that I was being given and the label. Whatever the case, I developed a pattern of engaging in attention seeking behaviors and perhaps that's how I came to relate to people. That behavior became manifest in my desire to connect with people physically, emotionally and eventually sexually. I would imagine there are several character traits involved, including feelings of inadequacy, low self-esteem, fear and/or compulsivity. Interesting that as about 10th grade I started to be behave at school and at home. I had reached a point where I learned how to garner positive attention and that was getting me farther. However that wasn't carried over to my addiction. Perhaps that is what I'm doing now. Learning to garner positive attention in addiction through my recovery. At least with the 12 step program, I will be able to analyze that and hopefully reach a spiritual recovery that will mend these deficiencies.
Much Hatzlacha!

My Threads:
Glad to be here
Don't slip it hurts

--"To promise not to do a thing is the surest way in the world to make a body want to go and do that very thing." Mark Twain
--"If, when you honestly want to, you find you cannot quit entirely, or if when drinking (or lusting), you have little control over the amount you take, you are probably alcoholic (or sexaholic)." AA Big Book P. 45. Parenthesis added.

Re: A Poll - Your Biggest Concern 06 Jan 2015 17:50 #246670

• cordnoy
cordnoy wrote:
Which of these bothers you the most?
Do any of those make your life unmanageable?
Can you live with any of them?
Are you addicted to any?

The Poll question, however, is simply: Which of these are you the 'most' worried about?

[It's also possible that the answer can change in time, based upon many factors.]

Thanks

Complacency is a killer as well, for let us say (hypothetically speakin') that one has an extended amount of time that he was clean and sober, he may say to himself (h"s'), "I can look on the street; it won't make much of a difference to me; what harm can come from that? it will not lead to anythin' catastrophic; is a bit of enjoyment in this world gonna ruin my life?" So then, when the question is posed: what ya' concerned about? the answer is more that I am worried about the end game; I don't wanna fall at the end. Livin' life is real nice, and I don't wanna suffer thru that Hell again!

so ya' know somethin' smarty-pants; if that's the truth as well, then continue on guard for all types of lust manifestation, for as Watson is want to say: Lust is lust; no matter how you slice it, so keep da hell away from me; actually tellin' the lust to go away might not be such a fantastic idea (and the good Doc would never have said it that way); but rather, work on myself that I don't feel the need or desire to indulge in life's fantasy land.

b'hatzlachah to all!

Re: A Poll - Your Biggest Concern 06 Jan 2015 19:35 #246673

• serenity
  • Platinum Boarder
  • "ONE DAY AT A TIME"
My biggest concern is thinking about tomorrow. I have to focus on today and, yes, not let any lust in. My second biggest concern is going to
. Not sure why going there always gets to me.
Much Hatzlacha!

My Threads:
Glad to be here
Don't slip it hurts

Re: A Poll - Your Biggest Concern 06 Jan 2015 20:32 #246681

• Shmeichel
  • Current streak: 980 days
  • Gold Boarder
  • Smiling to YOU!
simple!
because you think you deserve only second class wholesale stuff
when going forward gets tough, its merely a sign that you are going uphill, just give more gas
put your sobriety first; before your wife, before your kids, before your avodas HaTorah (except for the 3 that are יעבור ואל יהרג) Without sobriety you won't have any of those things!

Re: A Poll - Your Biggest Concern 06 Jul 2015 01:13 #258748

• cordnoy
What goes on in my head really concerns me the most.

Re: A Poll - Your Biggest Concern 06 Jul 2015 01:29 #258750

• serenity
  • Platinum Boarder
  • "ONE DAY AT A TIME"
Looking at my previous answer, the first part is still true. The Costco part, not such a problem anymore.
Much Hatzlacha!

My Threads:
Glad to be here
Don't slip it hurts

Re: A Poll - Your Biggest Concern 12 Jul 2015 05:46 #259275

• cordnoy
cordnoy wrote:

As # 3 had only one vote, I changed it to somethin' that worries me the most (if I'd be worried; I'm not, for either I am focused on right now, or I'm fantasizin', and in that case, i'm not worried), so with that bein' said, i changed my vote.

Re: A Poll - Your Biggest Concern 01 Oct 2015 01:09 #264915

• cordnoy
cordnoy wrote:
cordnoy wrote:

As # 3 had only one vote, I changed it to somethin' that worries me the most (if I'd be worried; I'm not, for either I am focused on right now, or I'm fantasizin', and in that case, i'm not worried), so with that bein' said, i changed my vote.

two and a half months later, but it's still the damn head that bothers me the most.

Thank God you people don't have the hard drive that I've got in my head!

Re: A Poll - Your Biggest Concern 01 Oct 2015 01:23 #264917

• bigmoish
  • Platinum Boarder
It took a while, but you finally convinced me to change my vote.
Handbook | Skep's Tips
My threads:
www.guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/236327-Bigmoish-tries-to-be-good
www.guardyoureyes.com/forum/4-On-the-Way-to-90-Days/236329-Bigmoishs-path-to-tahara

"We have met the enemy and he is us" - Pogo
"Expectation is the mother of frustration" - gibbor120
"Today, damn it! Today!" - cordnoy
"Desiring is not a sin at all, but just a sign that you are not dead yet" - Dov
"We are our own worst observer" - eslaasos's therapist
WDHW!!!
Time to create page: 0.87 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes