Welcome, Guest

A Poll - Your Biggest Concern
(0 viewing) 
Welcome to our forum! Introduce yourself here (anonymously, of course) and get a warm welcome from the rest of the community!

Poll: What Ya' Worried About?

Eyes Wanderin' in Street 28 19.9%
Trigger-Happy-Finger on Computer 56 39.7%
Thoughts/Fantasies 26 18.4%
M 31 22%
Total number of voters:141 ( ZemirosShabbos gevura shebyesod mggsbms jewishfiltergeek dms1234 rav etzlo Atzmosyosef MBJ gibbor120 inastruggle testchart1 lizhensk pischoshelmachat Singularity mr.clean cordnoy mattlanta Shmeichel dd ddmm11219 9494 shomer bro iwillguardmyeyes doingtshuva beattheyezter bsimcha joniteshuba ineedchizuk bigmoish peloni almoni trysohard newaction neshamaincharge shlomo24 workingjew DeletedUser2996 belmont4175 Yesod MisterD91 yidtryingharder serenity yiraishamaim ehrliche.bochur needchange18 breakingthehabit Gimpel123456789 Hashivalisesonyishecho Yanklast Sasha 2 stillgoing fulfillinglife613 polar bear yudi Shas abd297 i-man waydown ZDuvid goodchange613 eslaasos Markz Mitgaber Aryeh821 shmulyz19 Acr Gettingcloser Marven wantoimprove 1DayMore mesayin alwaysimproving365 re balabos ColinColin Yesodi Workingguy BenTorah.BaalHabayis ishkabible dz703 Yaalzu shmirashachaim happy guy strugglinginpain Endeavouring gettingincontrol Chizuk29 YidFromMonsey yyy benyakov will Succeed Beh NewJew21 KedushasLevi elul teshuvahguy Meier bb0212 Dreaming Lite Baruch_Hashem hakolhevel SalerMoish GrowStrong mayanhamisgaber trouble Ihavestrength oivedelokim RaabosMachshovos lionking higherjourney higher clarity26 Shnitzel and kugel Yoni234 Shmiras_3.0 aaron1 trg261 Guard1 qwerty123456 ehrlich Bezrashashen looking_to_improve AsimpleJew fr33et flognaw48 shalom2 eccentriccomposer yeshivaguy Rebuild613 zedj theyoungertwin concernedjew21 dansto benny57 gettingthere9 tf f2fd workingonmyselfyid amevakesh iyh2023 talkonly )
Only registered users can participate to this poll

TOPIC: A Poll - Your Biggest Concern 29197 Views

Re: A Poll - Your Biggest Concern 20 Dec 2014 01:35 #245449

• serenity
  • Platinum Boarder
  • "ONE DAY AT A TIME"
I was mostly worried that this was a trick poll Once I realized it wasn't, I was worried that I wouldn't pick the popular answer! . I am very excited to find out that my answer is in the top percentile! What I'm really most worried about is the sick thinking that went through my mind analyzing the poll! It's kind of thinking that reminds me, I have a long way to go in recovery.

Thanks for this post, cordnoy!
Much Hatzlacha!

My Threads:
Glad to be here
Don't slip it hurts
Lions & Tigers & Internet, Oh My!

--"ולא המדרש עיקר, אלא המעשה"
--"To promise not to do a thing is the surest way in the world to make a body want to go and do that very thing." Mark Twain
--"If, when you honestly want to, you find you cannot quit entirely, or if when drinking (or lusting), you have little control over the amount you take, you are probably alcoholic (or sexaholic)." AA Big Book P. 45. Parenthesis added.
--You hit rock bottom when you decide to stop digging.

Re: A Poll - Your Biggest Concern 21 Dec 2014 15:27 #245461

• doingtshuva
  • Platinum Boarder
I voted for - Eyes Wanderin' in Street

We say several times a day in Kriat Shima
לא תתורו אחרי לבבכם ואחרי עיניכם
I wondered why is written do not stray after your hart and only after that do not stray after your eyes?
So I heard a nice Vort that explains that a persons hart strays only after what his eyes sees.

Keep on guarding your eyes = KOGYE
 *  NO, It's not all or nothing, just every bit counts!
 *  I failed yesterday, and I might fail tomorrow. But just for today I'm going to give it a try.
 *  Being curios made me lust and get into trouble.

אָמַר רבי יוחנן: אֵבֶר קָטָן יֵשׁ לוֹ לָאָדָם, מַרְעִיבוֹ = שָׂבֵעַ, מַשְׂבִּיעוֹ = רָעֵב

Gye program + Handbook  -  Taphsik method  -  90 day chart  -  Ebooks  -  Shiurim  -  Rabbi Dr. Avraham Twerski  -  Recent topics on the Forum

Re: A Poll - Your Biggest Concern 21 Dec 2014 17:06 #245466

• cordnoy
serenity wrote:
I was mostly worried that this was a trick poll Once I realized it wasn't, I was worried that I wouldn't pick the popular answer! . I am very excited to find out that my answer is in the top percentile! What I'm really most worried about is the sick thinking that went through my mind analyzing the poll! It's kind of thinking that reminds me, I have a long way to go in recovery.

Thanks for this post, cordnoy!

Pleasure.

I am a straight shooter; I am wonderin' what type of trick you think we were up to.
Every person is different, but perhaps you should think about your comment that you wanted your answer to be the most popular one. I have such an issue, not the same, but similar.

b'hatzlachah
My email: thenewme613@hotmail.com
My threads: Mikvah Night - Page 1Page 2Page 3Last Page

https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/1-Break-Free/210029-Tryin
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!
My job: Punchin' bag of GYE - "NeshamaInCharge"
Quote from the chevra: "Is Cordnoy truly a Treasure Island pirate from the Southern Seas?"

MY POSTS ARE NOT WRITTEN AS A MODERATOR UNLESS EXPLICITLY STATED.

Re: A Poll - Your Biggest Concern 21 Dec 2014 21:03 #245472

• serenity
  • Platinum Boarder
  • "ONE DAY AT A TIME"
Of course I want my comment to be popular and that is a defect of mine. As far as the "trick" goes, I feel that in my limited experience with you, that you often try to fix me and ask questions in order to discern something other than the immediate question is asking in an effort to lead me through a thought pattern. For example in your comment to me right now, instead of asking if I had thought about a certain aspect of my comment, you said "perhaps you should", so there is an assumption in your comment. Even as I write this, I believe that you are analyzing my statements ... Don't get me wrong, I do admire and appreciate your comments and your sobriety. I also realize my charachter defects that lead me into this this of thinking, but I don't think that detracts from the truth of it.
Much Hatzlacha!

My Threads:
Glad to be here
Don't slip it hurts

--"To promise not to do a thing is the surest way in the world to make a body want to go and do that very thing." Mark Twain
--"If, when you honestly want to, you find you cannot quit entirely, or if when drinking (or lusting), you have little control over the amount you take, you are probably alcoholic (or sexaholic)." AA Big Book P. 45. Parenthesis added.

Re: A Poll - Your Biggest Concern 21 Dec 2014 21:12 #245474

• cordnoy
Thanks!
It's true that I don't just write.
I wanna think myself and I like others to think.
I analyze statements in order to understand what the poster truly means.
I don't trick chas vashalom (and I am not sayin' that you said that I did).
when I first joined the site, my writin' style was even more cryptic.
I try now to be open and clear.

Thanks again.

b'hatzlachah

Quote from the chevra: "Is Cordnoy truly a Treasure Island pirate from the Southern Seas?"

Re: A Poll - Your Biggest Concern 21 Dec 2014 21:16 #245475

• serenity
  • Platinum Boarder
  • "ONE DAY AT A TIME"
Now that I think about it, I'm not sure I know what I'm talking about. In think I mixed up a conversation I had with someone else, LOL. Thanks for your reply though, it was nice.
Much Hatzlacha!

My Threads:
Glad to be here
Don't slip it hurts

Re: A Poll - Your Biggest Concern 21 Dec 2014 21:42 #245476

• cordnoy
No problem; keep up the good work!

Re: A Poll - Your Biggest Concern 26 Dec 2014 04:04 #245795

• cordnoy
It would seem to be that the third option was somethin' that might have been relevant to yechidim (like myself; a kinda master at that).
Does anyone have a suggestion for a third option?
Lust?
Fantasy?
Any ideas?

Re: A Poll - Your Biggest Concern 26 Dec 2014 04:38 #245798

• serenity
  • Platinum Boarder
  • "ONE DAY AT A TIME"
Losing hope, despair - other negative feelings.
Much Hatzlacha!

My Threads:
Glad to be here
Don't slip it hurts

Re: A Poll - Your Biggest Concern 26 Dec 2014 04:48 #245800

• ehrliche.bochur
  • Current streak: 1678 days
  • Gold Boarder
I think I picked not very popular answer. But I am not sure how to put to words what most of the concerns I have. During the day I do let my eyes stray in the streets some times But I am working on this. The m"zl not very much if I am remaining occupied and not alone. This does not overtake me anymore because it is active choice. I can make the choice not to do this actions. I find it when I am alone without much to be occupied. In bed at night it is the most difficult my thoughts go to my sickness. But I do not allow myself to act out. It is the thoughts I feel powerless to. I do not invite them then why do they come to me at night
-"Все наши слова - пустой звук, если наше сердце не с нами"

-"есть око видят и ухо слышащее и все твои дела записываются в книгу

Re: A Poll - Your Biggest Concern 26 Dec 2014 05:21 #245802

• cordnoy
ehrliche.bochur wrote:
I think I picked not very popular answer. But I am not sure how to put to words what most of the concerns I have. During the day I do let my eyes stray in the streets some times But I am working on this. The m"zl not very much if I am remaining occupied and not alone. This does not overtake me anymore because it is active choice. I can make the choice not to do this actions. I find it when I am alone without much to be occupied. In bed at night it is the most difficult my thoughts go to my sickness. But I do not allow myself to act out. It is the thoughts I feel powerless to. I do not invite them then why do they come to me at night

So, it is the 'thoughts' and 'fantasies' that you're the most concerned of?

Let's also not forget that whatever the results are, it is all sorts of lust behavior that we got to curb; this is just the way we are bringin' it out.

b'hatzlachah

Re: A Poll - Your Biggest Concern 26 Dec 2014 10:00 #245823

• ehrliche.bochur
  • Current streak: 1678 days
  • Gold Boarder
cordnoy wrote:
ehrliche.bochur wrote:

So, it is the 'thoughts' and 'fantasies' that you're the most concerned of?

Let's also not forget that whatever the results are, it is all sorts of lust behavior that we got to curb; this is just the way we are bringin' it out.

b'hatzlachah

Yes! How to curb that? The physical and acting out. Ok. I can refrain from this. I can control my hands not to look at schmutz in my phone or internet. To not explore myself. But the thoughts? be'zras hashem how do I clean my thoughts of that?
-"Все наши слова - пустой звук, если наше сердце не с нами"

-"есть око видят и ухо слышащее и все твои дела записываются в книгу

Re: A Poll - Your Biggest Concern 26 Dec 2014 10:45 #245824

• cordnoy
the thoughts come in, but don't let them fester.
It is the continuance of the thoughts that lead to fantasy and to trouble.

Re: A Poll - Your Biggest Concern 28 Dec 2014 21:46 #245951

• newaction
  • Platinum Boarder
Cordnoy you wrote something before about - relationship addiction . If you dont mind to elaborate please . is it what they call - codependency ? what you wrote was interesting because i had the suspicion that besides the known addictions like , alcohol, lust , gambling, shopping , etc . there are more categories and groups and sub groups . And here you mentioned about this type called "relationship addiction " So i was wondering if you can tell us a bit more about it. Thanks.

Re: A Poll - Your Biggest Concern 28 Dec 2014 21:53 #245952

• cordnoy
It probably comes from loneliness; not the loneliness that people usually associate with. One can have friends, family, social life, etc, but they can be lonely for somethin'. That is what my therapist explained to me, and it makes sense as well (chidush!). It is quite possible that I am/was/will be lookin' for a female to behave/act/be treated/treat me in a certain manner that subconsciously I am missin' or lackin', and am on the prowl for such a relationship. Does it have somethin' to do with sex? Probably, but who knows? As we are workin' thru the lustin' issues, this does not crop up as much, but, it's there.

make any sense?

Time to create page: 0.88 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes