Welcome, Guest

Glad to be here
(0 viewing) 
Welcome to our forum! Introduce yourself here (anonymously, of course) and get a warm welcome from the rest of the community!

TOPIC: Glad to be here 92495 Views

Re: Glad to be here 19 Mar 2015 22:52 #250858

• serenity
  • Platinum Boarder
  • "ONE DAY AT A TIME"
Thanks everyone for the kind words and chizuk.
Much Hatzlacha!

My Threads:
Glad to be here
Don't slip it hurts
Lions & Tigers & Internet, Oh My!

--"ולא המדרש עיקר, אלא המעשה"
--"To promise not to do a thing is the surest way in the world to make a body want to go and do that very thing." Mark Twain
--"If, when you honestly want to, you find you cannot quit entirely, or if when drinking (or lusting), you have little control over the amount you take, you are probably alcoholic (or sexaholic)." AA Big Book P. 45. Parenthesis added.
--You hit rock bottom when you decide to stop digging.

Re: Glad to be here 20 Mar 2015 14:26 #250882

• TalmidChaim
  • Platinum Boarder
Wow, just wow. I'll say what everyone else basically said: that was an amazing display of humility and commitment to Emet! You're a beacon of inspiration, and that post should be read by everyone on this site as an illustration of what it really means to be in recovery.
0% Tolerance and 100% Self-Forgiveness.

Lo ba-shamayim hi
Mellow out.
Last Edit: 20 Mar 2015 14:26 by TalmidChaim.

Re: Glad to be here 21 Mar 2015 20:16 #250937

• Palti-Yossef
  • Expert Boarder
  • אש תמיד תוקד על המזבח לא תכבה
This share of yours is just totally insane and prodigious ! What a handsome illustration of emet, may the tehilim verse "Karov Hachem lekhol koreav, lekhol acher yikraouhou beEMET" come true for you and I'm sure it is already !

You have inspired me tonight thank you very much and go on we are all with you !!!

Re: Glad to be here 22 Mar 2015 01:19 #250943

• serenity
  • Platinum Boarder
  • "ONE DAY AT A TIME"
Thanks so much for the continued chizuk. The kind words and thoughts that are being conveyed to me here have helped me more than you know.
Much Hatzlacha!

My Threads:
Glad to be here
Don't slip it hurts

--"To promise not to do a thing is the surest way in the world to make a body want to go and do that very thing." Mark Twain
--"If, when you honestly want to, you find you cannot quit entirely, or if when drinking (or lusting), you have little control over the amount you take, you are probably alcoholic (or sexaholic)." AA Big Book P. 45. Parenthesis added.

Re: Glad to be here 23 Mar 2015 03:30 #251052

• serenity
  • Platinum Boarder
  • "ONE DAY AT A TIME"
These are some of my triggers, I'll put them in a spoiler in case they trigger you as well,

:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!
Much Hatzlacha!

My Threads:
Glad to be here
Don't slip it hurts

Re: Glad to be here 23 Mar 2015 14:55 #251070

• TalmidChaim
  • Platinum Boarder
Those are basically my triggers too. Yep, we're all more similar than we are different. Go figure.
0% Tolerance and 100% Self-Forgiveness.

Lo ba-shamayim hi
Mellow out.

Re: Glad to be here 23 Mar 2015 16:23 #251073

• gibbor120
  • Platinum Boarder
  • NEVER EVER GIVE UP!
Great list, thanks!

Re: Glad to be here 23 Mar 2015 19:51 #251092

• Palti-Yossef
  • Expert Boarder
  • אש תמיד תוקד על המזבח לא תכבה
Kind of amazing how we face the same triggers.. I totally recognise myself in those, even if some seem contradictory.

What should we do ?

Re: Glad to be here 23 Mar 2015 20:24 #251094

• serenity
  • Platinum Boarder
  • "ONE DAY AT A TIME"
the next right thing
Much Hatzlacha!

My Threads:
Glad to be here
Don't slip it hurts

Re: Glad to be here 26 Mar 2015 03:31 #251271

• serenity
  • Platinum Boarder
  • "ONE DAY AT A TIME"
Not really much to report. No one showed up at the local SA meeting tonight. It's a fairly new meeting and isn't well attended. It may just get cancelled. I went to an AA meeting instead and helped out by picking up the coffee grinds. Why people drink coffee at 9PM is beyond me, but I always end up drinking it as well and then can't get to sleep. I suggested picking up decaf and the coffee guy scowled at me.

I'm stuck in the same spot on step four. It's just hard for me to sit and down and do. I set a goal for just after Pesach to finish it. My sponsor is away until then. I should just get it done already. I wouldn't suggest lingering on step 4 like I have. I think to do so is damaging to recovery, because I'm basically languishing in resentment and stagnating in my step work.

Having a rough financial patch. G-d willing it's only temporary. Lost a substantial sum (substantial to me anyway) to a fraud/theft and we reported it to the police. I'm hoping we are covered by our business insurance or by the bank. Aside from that business is slow. Glad we decided to stay home for Pesach. This loss would have really hit hard, if we were spending money to go away. At least if we are home, we can control our spending better and get family to chip in. I'm trying not to wish evil on the person who stole the money, but it's pretty hard. He's obviously spiritually sick like I am.
Much Hatzlacha!

My Threads:
Glad to be here
Don't slip it hurts

Last Edit: 10 Oct 2016 02:00 by serenity.

Re: Glad to be here 26 Mar 2015 04:00 #251273

• newaction
  • Platinum Boarder
Kol Hakavod for showing to the meeting . One showed up and that was you , Hashem shall give you the same reward and strength to continue your journey.

Sorry about the lost money. I just read a nice quote : "Until he extends his circle of compassion to include all living things, man will not himself find peace."
I guess forgiving the other guy and wishing him well its your only option and a must if you want to achieve serenity.

A big Mazel and Hatzlacha for your son in the coming year . He and his siblings shall give you plenty of nachas .

Be well now serenity Keep on trucking and keep up the good work !

Re: Glad to be here 26 Mar 2015 04:03 #251274

• newaction
  • Platinum Boarder
the quote is from Albert Schweitzer

Re: Glad to be here 26 Mar 2015 13:33 #251292

• cordnoy
B"H

I am on the fourth page of step 4.
Perhaps email me with your concerns and struggles.
my chavrusah is fabulous.

thenewme613@hotmail.com

b'hatzlachah
My email: thenewme613@hotmail.com
My threads: Mikvah Night - Page 1Page 2Page 3Last Page

https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/1-Break-Free/210029-Tryin
My job: Punchin' bag of GYE - "NeshamaInCharge"
Quote from the chevra: "Is Cordnoy truly a Treasure Island pirate from the Southern Seas?"

MY POSTS ARE NOT WRITTEN AS A MODERATOR UNLESS EXPLICITLY STATED.

Re: Glad to be here 26 Mar 2015 23:22 #251341

• serenity
  • Platinum Boarder
  • "ONE DAY AT A TIME"
I've been working on starting a new AA meeting, where I felt there was a need. I sat there alone for the first 7 or 8 weeks. This week we had three people for the second time and next week we are expecting four and will have 5 regulars at that point. The best part is that all of us, so far, are very enthusiastic about the meeting and its purpose and goals. A nucleus of enthusiastic people is a great start to what will G-d willing continue to be a growing meeting. I'm really happy and upbeat about this and it's greatly helping my sobriety in both programs (SA and AA).

I have to run now. There is an AA speaker from Philadelphia at 8PM.

Hatzlacha!!!
Much Hatzlacha!

My Threads:
Glad to be here
Don't slip it hurts

Re: Glad to be here 29 Mar 2015 19:18 #251479

• cordnoy
serenity wrote:
I've been working on starting a new AA meeting, where I felt there was a need. I sat there alone for the first 7 or 8 weeks. This week we had three people for the second time and next week we are expecting four and will have 5 regulars at that point. The best part is that all of us, so far, are very enthusiastic about the meeting and its purpose and goals. A nucleus of enthusiastic people is a great start to what will G-d willing continue to be a growing meeting. I'm really happy and upbeat about this and it's greatly helping my sobriety in both programs (SA and AA).

I have to run now. There is an AA speaker from Philadelphia at 8PM.

Hatzlacha!!!

Did you start servin' drinks there?

My email: thenewme613@hotmail.com
My threads: Mikvah Night - Page 1Page 2Page 3Last Page

https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/1-Break-Free/210029-Tryin
My job: Punchin' bag of GYE - "NeshamaInCharge"
Quote from the chevra: "Is Cordnoy truly a Treasure Island pirate from the Southern Seas?"

MY POSTS ARE NOT WRITTEN AS A MODERATOR UNLESS EXPLICITLY STATED.
Time to create page: 0.62 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes