Welcome, Guest

Glad to be here
(0 viewing) 
Welcome to our forum! Introduce yourself here (anonymously, of course) and get a warm welcome from the rest of the community!

TOPIC: Glad to be here 92502 Views

Re: Glad to be here 19 Jan 2015 03:21 #247381

• newaction
  • Platinum Boarder
Serenity you are doing great ! mazel tov for reaching 90 !! Our blessings and prayers that Hashem shall continue guiding you through your journey more and more ! KOMT !!!

Re: Glad to be here 19 Jan 2015 03:59 #247382

• gevura shebyesod
  • Current streak: 1199 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Mazel Tov!!!

May Hashem continue to grant you serenity, courage, and wisdom each and every day. Hatzlacha and KOMT!!
!אנא עבדא דקודשא בריך הוא

וּבְיָדְךָ כֹּחַ וּגְבוּרָה וּבְיָדְךָ לְגַדֵּל וּלְחַזֵּק לַכֹּל

"If it would be so easy there wouldn't be a GYE, but if it would be impossible there also wouldn't be a GYE."
"Sometimes a hard decision leads to an easier outcome."
- General Grant

My story: guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/111583-hello-my-friends

Re: Glad to be here 19 Jan 2015 21:55 #247408

• belmont4175
  • Gold Boarder
  • נאר אמונה אין בוכ"ע
Mazel Tov!

May you have the strengh and courage to go forward to full sobriety, may you come closer to Hashem in all ways, with lots of Beracha and Hatzlacha.
הסיבה שיש דברים קשים העוברים עליך היא בגלל שהאדם חושב כי "אני עומד" שהוא מנהל הכל,
ברגע שיתן הכנעה כי השי"ת מנהיג הכל אז כבר אפשר להתמודד עם הקשיים. שמעתי מאדם גדול

If life is a LEMON make LEMONADE

Thank You Hashem for every moment of Sobriety!

Re: Glad to be here 22 Jan 2015 10:28 #247518

• serenity
  • Platinum Boarder
  • "ONE DAY AT A TIME"
What does it mean to be "willing to go to any lengths to get what we have"? The natural instinct here is start thinking about what I'm willing to do to get sobriety. In other words what makes sense to me. So I'll look through the GYE tools and pick and choose, maybe I'll join SA, maybe I'll do a GYE phone meeting, maybe I'll get a sponsor. Yea a sponsor that makes sense. Ooooh ooooh ooooh, I know, I'll join Dov's Desperados! That really sounds cool. Yea, I'll do all that stuff, why not give it a try or why not try it again.

The problem with that thinking is that it is total baloney. We aren't ready to go to any lengths, if we are sticking our own thinking into it. You know where our thinking got us, no where. At least that's the case for people like me. If your thinking works for you, then you are due full respect.

When I am willing to go to any lengths? When I say "yes" to the person asking "are you willing to go to any lengths to have what we have?". And when I then proceed to ask him what I need to do based on his experience. He's the person that has what I want and I am now ready to listen to him tell me what I have to do to get there. What I think, is meaningless, unless he tells me otherwise.

Hatzlacha
Much Hatzlacha!

My Threads:
Glad to be here
Don't slip it hurts
Lions & Tigers & Internet, Oh My!

--"ולא המדרש עיקר, אלא המעשה"
--"To promise not to do a thing is the surest way in the world to make a body want to go and do that very thing." Mark Twain
--"If, when you honestly want to, you find you cannot quit entirely, or if when drinking (or lusting), you have little control over the amount you take, you are probably alcoholic (or sexaholic)." AA Big Book P. 45. Parenthesis added.
--You hit rock bottom when you decide to stop digging.
Last Edit: 10 Oct 2016 01:41 by serenity.

Re: Glad to be here 22 Jan 2015 22:59 #247533

• shlomo24
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Platinum Boarder
i think that going to all lengths means willing to put sobriety in the forefront of our lives before everything else. a common phrase said in sa is that anything that you put in front of sobriety is what you are going to lose to sobriety. i put seder in front of sobriety and i have come to realize that right now, sobriety is more important.
If you're an LGBTQ or LGBTQ-questioning person and looking for someone who can understand you, feel free to reach out. I promise no judgement and to try and listen the best I can. 

Email: iam24zman@gmail.com

Re: Glad to be here 23 Jan 2015 21:03 #247582

• serenity
  • Platinum Boarder
  • "ONE DAY AT A TIME"
Just checking in. I'm doing well. I hope and pray for a daily reprieve from the obsession of lust, which is a big gift from Hashem. Personally I'm powerless over lust, but that's okay. I don't to tangle with lust anymore. My life is just fine without engaging in lust. In fact life hasn't been this good in many years. I can't even remember the last time I actually lived life prior to recovery. For years my life was dependent on external things. It still is to a large extent, but I'm noticing that now and things are getting better.
Much Hatzlacha!

My Threads:
Glad to be here
Don't slip it hurts

--"To promise not to do a thing is the surest way in the world to make a body want to go and do that very thing." Mark Twain
--"If, when you honestly want to, you find you cannot quit entirely, or if when drinking (or lusting), you have little control over the amount you take, you are probably alcoholic (or sexaholic)." AA Big Book P. 45. Parenthesis added.

Re: Glad to be here 29 Jan 2015 11:13 #247831

• serenity
  • Platinum Boarder
  • "ONE DAY AT A TIME"
Writing the second draft of my step one in order to tell it to my SA group. I'm so afraid of doing that, but I know I have to. I won't be able to do it with out 3 more
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!
Much Hatzlacha!

My Threads:
Glad to be here
Don't slip it hurts

Re: Glad to be here 01 Feb 2015 04:18 #247967

• serenity
  • Platinum Boarder
  • "ONE DAY AT A TIME"
JACS spiritual day in NY tomorrow morning. The flyer and schedule are attached.

Hatzlacha!
Attachments:
Much Hatzlacha!

My Threads:
Glad to be here
Don't slip it hurts

Re: Glad to be here 03 Feb 2015 00:51 #248107

• serenity
  • Platinum Boarder
  • "ONE DAY AT A TIME"
I'm sharing my story in two weeks as part of my 1st step of SA. It's something I'm looking forward to having done and over with. I'm not looking forward to sharing it though. I'm just looking forward to being done with it . I'm sure I'll share it in the future some time as well and I'll be looking forward to being done with it then also . It's a pretty embarrassing and humiliating story. I don't take a lot of comfort in the fact that other people have similar or worse stories and I realize that I'm not particularly unique amongst addicts. No matter how you slice it though, it's a difficult to swallow. However, it is a necessary part of recovery and so I will take my medicine. The alternative is much worse. The only other solace I take, aside from knowing I need to do this, is that it may help someone else and that means the world to me.
Much Hatzlacha!

My Threads:
Glad to be here
Don't slip it hurts

Re: Glad to be here 03 Feb 2015 01:28 #248108

• belmont4175
  • Gold Boarder
  • נאר אמונה אין בוכ"ע
Dear serenity, it would be good you update your sobriety count, you actually won't find it in the 90 day chart (no you haven't fallen out) rather find it by the wall of honor, not that it matters so much, but it's an incentive to keep going strong.
With much Hatzlacha!
הסיבה שיש דברים קשים העוברים עליך היא בגלל שהאדם חושב כי "אני עומד" שהוא מנהל הכל,
ברגע שיתן הכנעה כי השי"ת מנהיג הכל אז כבר אפשר להתמודד עם הקשיים. שמעתי מאדם גדול

If life is a LEMON make LEMONADE

Thank You Hashem for every moment of Sobriety!

Re: Glad to be here 03 Feb 2015 01:59 #248109

• shomer bro
  • Platinum Boarder
Serenity: i gain so much from your posts, and hope that telling your personal story will help you on the road of recovery.

Re: Glad to be here 03 Feb 2015 17:05 #248140

• gibbor120
  • Platinum Boarder
  • NEVER EVER GIVE UP!
I did it on Dov's phone conference a while back. It is a liberating feeling. It helped me to accept myself as I am, and come to terms with who I am. I have the same hopes for you. Let us know how it goes.

Re: Glad to be here 08 Feb 2015 08:47 #248293

• serenity
  • Platinum Boarder
  • "ONE DAY AT A TIME"
I never knew myself to be a jealous person. However after refection and becoming aware of my character defects in recovery, I find that I have a lot of jealously. This is especially true when it comes to people who are more financially successful than me. I'm not even talking about very wealthy people, just what at-least I think of as upper middle class. It really makes no sense for me have this jealously though. I could have and would have obtained a nice degree of financial comfort, had I not riddled my life with addiction. So it makes no sense for me to be jealous of what I could have had, but for my addiction. I don't know what Hashem's Will for me will be tomorrow or in the future, I only hope that I have the vision to recognize it, the insight to accept it and the courage to carry it out.
Much Hatzlacha!

My Threads:
Glad to be here
Don't slip it hurts

Last Edit: 10 Oct 2016 01:47 by serenity.

Re: Glad to be here 08 Feb 2015 09:30 #248294

• newaction
  • Platinum Boarder
First of all there is basic nature's law out there that says something like this: "if you can imagine it (envision,picture it in your mind ) , you can make it happen."
So start thinking where you would like to ski next year .
About your son , how much are we talking about ?

Re: Glad to be here 08 Feb 2015 20:42 #248319

• serenity
  • Platinum Boarder
  • "ONE DAY AT A TIME"
I don't know how much. We are looking into places for him. Thanks for your interest.

Hatzlacha!
Much Hatzlacha!

My Threads:
Glad to be here
Don't slip it hurts

Time to create page: 0.58 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes