Welcome, Guest
Welcome to our forum! Introduce yourself here (anonymously, of course) and get a warm welcome from the rest of the community!

TOPIC: Big Steps 149666 Views

Re: Big Steps 15 Apr 2016 23:15 #284752

• skeptical
Maybe I'm on this site, and don't want to switch tabs, or pull out my phone. 

Re: Big Steps 17 Apr 2016 04:48 #284794

• cordnoy
I agree with you regarding the chat.
My email: thenewme613@hotmail.com
My threads: Mikvah Night - Page 1Page 2Page 3Last Page

https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/1-Break-Free/210029-Tryin
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!
My job: Punchin' bag of GYE - "NeshamaInCharge"
Quote from the chevra: "Is Cordnoy truly a Treasure Island pirate from the Southern Seas?"

MY POSTS ARE NOT WRITTEN AS A MODERATOR UNLESS EXPLICITLY STATED.

Re: Big Steps 17 Apr 2016 05:23 #284806

• inastruggle
  • Current streak: 25 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • the picture is shimshon hagibor. not st. mary....
Sorry to hijack the thread, I just don't like you you kinda brought this up it's important!

Is anybody else having issues with the chat? I keep hearing bloops and not seeing any messages

Re: Big Steps 17 Apr 2016 05:26 #284808

• shlomo24
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Platinum Boarder
So friday was good, played basketball, studied, etc. But shabbos was really hard. The lust was going on like crazy. I kept on thinking of the last time I acted out, which was with another man, and the scenes were on replay in my head. Weirdly enough, I remembered them from a 3rd person perspective, like if another person was watching, not as if I had actually experienced it. Whatever, regardless I was "this close" to making a call, and l'maysah, I probably should have. But I got on my knees and prayed and really spoke to god and asked him to please keep me sober. I realized that I was also taking small actions of lust, objectifying people and looking through a magazine for material, even though the magazine itself was clean, but I had reason that I would find lustful material. I realized that I can't keep myself sober, no matter what I do, if God isn't in the picture, then nothing is gonna happen. If God wants me to act out, then I will, no matter what. Which is why I prayed to him, because I thought that I was keeping myself sober, which I am not. B"h I made it through shabbos, but I need to take this day by day, there's no other way. I was taking it hour by hour at some points.

Another aspect that was frightening about shabbos was that I wanted to act out. Throughout my current sobriety, I really have not wanted to act out; things have been pretty serene. This was the first time in a while that I wanted to act out, and I wanted to act out with the guy who I last time acted out with. (He's in SA because of me, but that is another story). That was pretty scary, I knew that I was in deep s%&t if that was my state of mind. I obviously had to surrender in the past, but that was even though I knew I didn't want it. Unlike today. Also, what is scary is that if I act out, it will not be one and done. It will be a very long process before I resurface, I know that. My bottom has dropped and it's gonna drop like hell the next time it happens. In my sick mind, if I'm gonna delay dating for a year for this, then it's gotta be worth it.
If you're an LGBTQ or LGBTQ-questioning person and looking for someone who can understand you, feel free to reach out. I promise no judgement and to try and listen the best I can. 

Email: iam24zman@gmail.com

Re: Big Steps 17 Apr 2016 17:32 #284863

• crabapple18
  • Current streak: 1430 days
  • Gold Boarder
"Only a power greater than ourselves can restore us to sanity"
KOT Shlomo
Make those good phone calls to get out of your head!
Hatzlacha

Here to see what works for others and a good shmooze. 
Always here to share my journey N' what works for me. 
Feel free to reach out 24/6 charlesbosgod@gmail.com
One day at a time!
Today is what counts. RULE 62
It’s the first drink that gets me drunk.
“Yesterday is the past, tomorrow is the future and [a] mystery.Today matters most
One lust drink is too many and a thousand isn't enough.
**Its a part of me, not who I am**

Re: Big Steps 17 Apr 2016 18:29 #284872

• thanks613
  • Gold Boarder
Shlomo24 wrote on 15 Apr 2016 04:14:
Ok, so I have been feeling really down this whole week. Been waking up late, not eating much, not (gulp) showering as often as I usually do, spending a lot of time on my computer and on YouTube, going to sleep really late, and the list goes on. I was feeling the lust really hard today, ayin shom l'eil, and I decided to take the day off kinda. I think that I needed it. So I skipped two classes and wasted time, but I felt bad still. Eventually I went home and in the car I started tearing up. I just felt so depressed and I had no idea why. It felt like someone just turned on a switch and I was suddenly just really sad. I made a concrete decision that I wasn't going to do anything for the rest of the night, and I wasn't going to feel guilty about it. B"h I think that is what I needed, because I feel so much better now. I watched a helluva lot of "Got Talent" videos and just zoned out. But I think it was what I needed to do.

Peace Out.

Responding to this might be outdated, but it sounds like your still feeling a bit down.. So here goes!

First of all, in my own journey I strive for eating at least one meal a day, brushing my teeth at least five 4 times a week ,being asleep no later than 3:00 AM 2:30 AM 2:45 AM, and the whole "I'll just shower in the morning" thing can go on for days at a time.  I'm guessing we could start a thread/contest on this forum for the longest streak in recent history without showering, and frankly, I'd be surprised if you won.  Anyways, all this is just what I strive for . . . Taking some time for self care is great, I think.  I had a good 3 hour shloof this Shabbos - I undressed and got into bed and all- not something I typically do.  And it was Geshmak. And very much needed.  As far as the Youtube/you got talent videos, I'm pretty sure I can't safely do this myself anymore, but just out of curiosity, which was your favorite? I'm guessing I've seen it at least once.   

What I'm really trying to say is that I feel for your struggle, and I'm sure you must know already this, but you're not alone, and not the only one that goes through some of this stuff. Maybe it helps to hear it from someone else. 

Re: Big Steps 17 Apr 2016 23:57 #284888

• shlomo24
  • Platinum Boarder
thanks613 wrote on 17 Apr 2016 18:29:

Shlomo24 wrote on 15 Apr 2016 04:14:
Ok, so I have been feeling really down this whole week. Been waking up late, not eating much, not (gulp) showering as often as I usually do, spending a lot of time on my computer and on YouTube, going to sleep really late, and the list goes on. I was feeling the lust really hard today, ayin shom l'eil, and I decided to take the day off kinda. I think that I needed it. So I skipped two classes and wasted time, but I felt bad still. Eventually I went home and in the car I started tearing up. I just felt so depressed and I had no idea why. It felt like someone just turned on a switch and I was suddenly just really sad. I made a concrete decision that I wasn't going to do anything for the rest of the night, and I wasn't going to feel guilty about it. B"h I think that is what I needed, because I feel so much better now. I watched a helluva lot of "Got Talent" videos and just zoned out. But I think it was what I needed to do.

Peace Out.

Responding to this might be outdated, but it sounds like your still feeling a bit down.. So here goes!

First of all, in my own journey I strive for eating at least one meal a day, brushing my teeth at least five 4 times a week ,being asleep no later than  2:30 AM 2:45 AM, and the whole "I'll just shower in the morning" thing can go on for days at a time.  I'm guessing we could start a thread/contest on this forum for the longest streak in recent history without showering, and frankly, I'd be surprised if you won.  Anyways, all this is just what I strive for . . . Taking some time for self care is great, I think.  I had a good 3 hour shloof this Shabbos - I undressed and got into bed and all- not something I typically do.  And it was Geshmak. And very much needed.  As far as the Youtube/you got talent videos, I'm pretty sure I can't safely do this myself anymore, but just out of curiosity, which was your favorite? I'm guessing I've seen it at least once.   

What I'm really trying to say is that I feel for your struggle, and I'm sure you must know already this, but you're not alone, and not the only one that goes through some of this stuff. Maybe it helps to hear it from someone else.  

Thank you, as much as I think I know I'm not the only one, I sometimes don't feel that way. Thank you. Also, I actually thought I was the only one with the shower thing, (agav, this isn't a regular thing, just when life gets unmanageable). What talent acts I like most? I like the auditions mainly, but only the good ones. The better and more emotional the act, the more I like it. I don't really like the failed auditions.
If you're an LGBTQ or LGBTQ-questioning person and looking for someone who can understand you, feel free to reach out. I promise no judgement and to try and listen the best I can. 

Re: Big Steps 18 Apr 2016 03:54 #284936

• thanks613
  • Gold Boarder
I'm pretty sure poor self care (little sleep, skipping meals, less than ideal hygiene) is par for the course for people with addictive behaviors.  But maybe I'm wrong.  Maybe I do need to shower more ; )

The better and more emotional the act, the more I like it. 

I bet you clicked on all the ones that said "...Made Simon Cry".    I did!
Last Edit: 18 Apr 2016 03:58 by thanks613.

Re: Big Steps 18 Apr 2016 04:29 #284945

• Aryeh821
  • Current streak: 591 days
  • Gold Boarder
Ah I can already see it
GYEs got talent
Soberity is a journey NOT a destination 

Re: Big Steps 18 Apr 2016 04:32 #284948

• shlomo24
  • Platinum Boarder
Lol, of course I watched the one's that made Simon cry. I also like the Golden Buzzer ones a lot. Hmmmm, good idea Aryeh...

Re: Big Steps 18 Apr 2016 04:45 #284954

• Aryeh821
  • Current streak: 591 days
  • Gold Boarder
Would trucking be considered a talent ?
Soberity is a journey NOT a destination 

Re: Big Steps 22 Apr 2016 07:06 #285679

• shlomo24
  • Platinum Boarder
I'm in Israel, and I would like to share, but it's annoying to do so on my phone. So I'm sharing that.

Re: Big Steps 22 Apr 2016 09:36 #285681

• ehrliche.bochur
  • Current streak: 1678 days
  • Gold Boarder
Shlomo24 wrote on 17 Apr 2016 05:26:
 In my sick mind, if I'm gonna delay dating for a year for this, then it's gotta be worth it.

Maybe because you do not have wife this is why you are having SSA? Because you do not have healthy outlet now.  IY"H you will find wife and be happy soon.

it says on kiddushin

הביאהו לידי כי אתא חזייה דלא פריס סודרא א"ל מאי טעמא לא פריסת סודרא א"ל דלא נסיבנא אהדרינהו לאפיה מיניה א"ל חזי דלא חזית להו לאפי עד דנסבת רב הונא לטעמיה דאמר בן עשרים שנה ולא נשא אשה כל ימיו בעבירה בעבירה סלקא דעתך אלא אימא כל ימיו בהרהור עבירה אמר רבא וכן תנא דבי ר' ישמעאל עד כ' שנה יושב הקב"ה ומצפה לאדם מתי ישא אשה כיון שהגיע כ' ולא נשא אומר תיפח עצמותיו אמר רב חסדא האי דעדיפנא
-"Все наши слова - пустой звук, если наше сердце не с нами"

-"есть око видят и ухо слышащее и все твои дела записываются в книгу

Re: Big Steps 22 Apr 2016 11:14 #285685

• shlomo24
  • Platinum Boarder
For my own sanity, I will answer you in short: While I cannot answer that question, because I am not married and never have been married, I really do not think that that is the reason.

Re: Big Steps 22 Apr 2016 14:39 #285692

• stillgoing
  • Platinum Boarder
Ehrliche, it's good that you're ehrliche, and what you wrote could make sense, but the reasons for ssa are very deep and are different for each person. There are many married people here with ssa (myself included) who have not seen any improvement in ssa dispite a happy marriage without actively working on the reasons that caused the ssa.
Its nice that you want to help.

(Shlomo, kudos to you for your calm answer) 
BIG SHOT!
Free Choice?!
Yirai's Memories
STORY TIME :)

Dr. Seuss - You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose. You're on your own, and you know what you know. And you are the guy who'll decide where to go.

FSKOT! (Fell Shmell--Keep on Trucking) (The Rebba R' Bards)

613stillgoing@gmail.com
Time to create page: 0.66 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes