Welcome, Guest
Welcome to our forum! Introduce yourself here (anonymously, of course) and get a warm welcome from the rest of the community!

TOPIC: Marriage 21554 Views

Re: Marriage 24 Aug 2014 00:11 #237774

• newaction
  • Platinum Boarder
I was sitting last Thursday in front of the computer watching GYE's forums. Suddenly out of nowhere a general feeling of lust is taking over.like awakening a dormant devil.
not necessarily to do something now , but yes to sit on the brain on the thinking process. And it is like a seed . I may be lazy to do something bad now , now . But it shoots roots on my mind for the next time to awaken with more fury. In another time , before GYE, i would have thought , this is me , the lust , the desire this is who i am.
This time i was able to say to myself , i am feeling a symptom of my sickness. this is my sickness expressing itself it is not me. further more i was able to transcend . to detach myself from myself and look at me from outside . and start a thinking process saying to myself what is this lust coming to help you ? which void does it come to fill ? from which painful situation am i escaping to it ? when i was a kid i was almost never shown affection by family members , i was bullied by friends , i wasnt so socially "in" , etc . So by getting involved with lust am i solving any of the above ??
Of Course NOT !!! i am making everything much worse . Even my wife senses something very wrong with me . And so after thinking these kind of thoughts the Lust disappeared as it came . WOW !! Victory in the battleground .

Re: Marriage 24 Aug 2014 00:46 #237775

• lavi
  • Platinum Boarder
really good,
victory has many benefits,
one of them is that it is encouraging, that it is possible to get through this struggle.
may you go from victory to victory.
i love you all

Re: Marriage 24 Aug 2014 00:55 #237777

• newaction
  • Platinum Boarder
Thank you Lavi , are you looking for partner-sponsor ?

Re: Marriage 24 Aug 2014 01:25 #237780

• lavi
  • Platinum Boarder
dunno,
gotta think about it,
how does it work?
i love you all

Re: Marriage 24 Aug 2014 01:35 #237783

• newaction
  • Platinum Boarder
I am not sure you have to report on whats going on with you and the same me.

Re: Marriage 24 Aug 2014 18:11 #237821

• dd
  • Platinum Boarder
  • כל זמן שהנשמה בקרבי מודה אני לפניך
GEVALDIG Newaction!!!

new action indeed!!!

Re: Marriage 26 Aug 2014 18:53 #237961

• TehillimZugger
  • Platinum Boarder
  • לבד הנשמה הטהורה
newaction and lavi:
It doesn't "work" any specific way, pm each other, exchange phone numbers, and take action, CALL. Schmooze, discuss, update, touch base, befriend, reap benefits!
?דער באשעפער לאווט מיך אייביג. וויפיל לאוו איך עהם
My Creator loves me at all times. How great is my love for him?

Re: Marriage 26 Aug 2014 20:44 #237981

• newaction
  • Platinum Boarder
Thank G-d Today i am 21 days clean . my problem is at the root , at then thought process. i have been able to guard my eyes for 21 straight days and i am talking just not look when i am in the street. i drive a car , i have to go shopping , i go out to a restaurant .guarding the eyes its still a battle . going to the street is like going to a war zone. It is good that the battle is at "enemy territory" , the street . not in my home or computer Chas ve shalom . but it is still is a bloody war. in my subconscious i am not convinced at all that looking is a terrible thing if not why is it such a struggle. i hope one day it will come naturally.

Re: Marriage 26 Aug 2014 21:58 #237989

• cordnoy
You mentioned in the past step 3 and 4 I believe.
How are you doin' the steps?
Are you simply white-knucklin' when you are on the street?
You say that lookin' ain't that bad.....perhaps for ordinary people...for me, however, it leads to seconds, thirds and eventually dessert.

As an aside, you know the feelin' when you eat a full meal, possibly with a kiddush beforehand, and you have no stomach or desire for dessert, and then, the scrumptious lookin' cake comes winkin' to the table with sugary cream curved all over its sides and all of a sudden you have a cravin' to dive right in. When you come up for a breath (50 minutes later, or two and a half hours later), how do ya' feel?
My email: thenewme613@hotmail.com
My threads: Mikvah Night - Page 1Page 2Page 3Last Page

https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/1-Break-Free/210029-Tryin
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!
My job: Punchin' bag of GYE - "NeshamaInCharge"
Quote from the chevra: "Is Cordnoy truly a Treasure Island pirate from the Southern Seas?"

MY POSTS ARE NOT WRITTEN AS A MODERATOR UNLESS EXPLICITLY STATED.

Re: Marriage 26 Aug 2014 22:55 #238011

• newaction
  • Platinum Boarder
yes i said that step 3 is the foundation to let go and let G-d. I am starting now .during my lifetime many family members were not lovable then my wife came . pretty much the same. i have anger management issues which with step 3 i can manage better . definitely my wife is sensing the difference in me . i am working on being calm and smiling at all times.

Re: Marriage 28 Aug 2014 16:05 #238168

• newaction
  • Platinum Boarder
besides the known addiction i share with the chevrah i am morbidly obese , which is another addiction . i dont know if take care of this one first then obesity or do both at the same time . they have probably the same root.

Re: Marriage 28 Aug 2014 18:12 #238174

• cordnoy
The mindset about yourself is probably the key to both.
Keep doin' what youre doin'...it sounds like you're on a mehalech.

b'hatzlachah
My email: thenewme613@hotmail.com
My threads: Mikvah Night - Page 1Page 2Page 3Last Page

https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/1-Break-Free/210029-Tryin
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!
My job: Punchin' bag of GYE - "NeshamaInCharge"
Quote from the chevra: "Is Cordnoy truly a Treasure Island pirate from the Southern Seas?"

MY POSTS ARE NOT WRITTEN AS A MODERATOR UNLESS EXPLICITLY STATED.

Re: Marriage 28 Aug 2014 19:49 #238182

• ineedchizuk
  • Gold Boarder
Hi Action,

I'm sure that beyond dieting, you'll think of plenty of other ways that you want to improve.
Wonderful. But they don't necessarily need to be lumped together.

Here's to hoping you get satisfaction for every moment that you're clean.

Re: Marriage 28 Aug 2014 20:13 #238189

• gibbor120
  • Platinum Boarder
  • NEVER EVER GIVE UP!
multiple addictions is common. The same methods work for both.

Re: Marriage 28 Aug 2014 22:03 #238204

• TehillimZugger
  • Platinum Boarder
  • לבד הנשמה הטהורה
You might want to consider OA. That way you can go to twelve step meetings without all shame and stigma of sex addiction...
?דער באשעפער לאווט מיך אייביג. וויפיל לאוו איך עהם
My Creator loves me at all times. How great is my love for him?
Time to create page: 0.56 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes