Welcome, Guest

A Journey Without a Name
(0 viewing) 
Welcome to our forum! Introduce yourself here (anonymously, of course) and get a warm welcome from the rest of the community!

TOPIC: A Journey Without a Name 64717 Views

Re: first try 07 Jun 2014 23:28 #232979

• unanumun
  • Platinum Boarder
Yes indeed I thought about the connection when I saw that idea of sameach bechelko. I am trying to work on the idea of sameach bechelko in the small things and especially when I get a feeling of atzvus, it has helped me already several times from sinking into a feeling of depression.

Re: first try 07 Jun 2014 23:47 #232981

• unanumun
  • Platinum Boarder
I had an interesting experience last night, only because of all the reading and thinking that I have been doing in GYE lately.
After all the kids were sleeping and it came time to be with my wife, lo and behold she was also sleeping. It wasn't so easy to wake her up so I basically gave up for the night.
But then once I got passed my own desire issue, and was basically ready to just go to sleep, I realized that I have a mitzvah of ona to make her happy and for her sake I shouldn't just give up. (she had told me to wake her up) so I took a brake and read a sefer I have in the house about mitzvos ona and focused on my chiyuv to make my wife happy.
So i went back to the room and focused on my wife's enjoyment and slowly she woke up and... we lived happily ever after. It was the first time in maybe 14 years that I went into it in such a giving fashion. something special indeed.

Re: first try 08 Jun 2014 23:34 #233039

• dms1234
  • Current streak: 767 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Thats great! But easy please. Careful. This isn't the bb forum and someone of us are single and fragile

KOL!!!
I am happy to speak on the phone. Please email me at dms1234ongye@gmail.com

My name is Daniel, I go to face to face meetings and I work the 12 steps with a sponsor. 

Re: first try 08 Jun 2014 23:36 #233040

• unanumun
  • Platinum Boarder
Sorry. I guess you are right. I will try to be more careful.

Re: first try 10 Jun 2014 00:51 #233162

• unanumun
  • Platinum Boarder
I am officially a tzadik (at least according to the GYE 90 day rule book) hope they take GYE's recommendation up there.

Re: first try 10 Jun 2014 00:57 #233163

• unanumun
  • Platinum Boarder
Actually the effect it has had on my life is definitely bringing me closer to being a tzaddik. I am getting more in control of myself, working on myself.
  • Better Shalom Bayis
  • Started Learning shmiras halashon (there is a direct connection - I will post that separately eventually.)
  • Started being kovea itim latorah, since shavuos. I go learn the same time every day (except friday and shabbos but I did it a different time each day) for two hours i shut off both my phones and become dead to the world. it's an amazing accomplishment for me. years in the making.
  • Davening is starting to come back together
  • working on simcha.

So thanks to all you out there that have been part of this amazing transition.

Re: first try 10 Jun 2014 01:19 #233166

• gibbor120
  • Platinum Boarder
  • NEVER EVER GIVE UP!
KUTGW!

Re: first try 10 Jun 2014 10:43 #233209

• Pidaini
  • Platinum Boarder
  • פדני מעושק אדם-מיצר הרע העושק את הבריות-רש"י
ahhhhhhhhWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

KuTgW!!

May we all be zocheh to continue climbing and climbing, one step at a time, one foot in front of the other!!
Yankel | My Ladder | Talking to Hashem
I'm just a dude, another guy on this bus.
Have a great day, unless, of course, you made other plans. ~ obbormottel
"Nothing changes as long as everything stays the same" ~ Dov

Re: first try 11 Jun 2014 04:11 #233308

• shomer bro
  • Platinum Boarder
Kol Hakavod! Keep up the great work!

Re: first try 13 Jun 2014 01:15 #233448

• unanumun
  • Platinum Boarder
I found myself today very irritable. I think I had nisyonos of kaas that I haven't had in years. I don't think the issue is because I don't have my fix. that issue was a sadness and depression one that I was managing to get control of.
All of a sudden I found myself so irritable today which is very uncharacteristic for me. Any suggestions?
I had a machsava, someone happened to tell me yesterday that the Gaon said that the two main yetzer haras are kaasani and tayva. Perhaps because I have been working on the tayva, the balance got thrown off and the kaasani got sronger. I don't know.
I guess I am wondering that based on people's experiences, is this a normal result of curbing lust?

Re: first try 23 Jun 2014 00:21 #233931

• unanumun
  • Platinum Boarder
so 80 + days.
now the hard part comes. My wife has officialy entered into the after birth tekufa. (Mazel Tov) So now the pas besalo business goes away and I am on my own.
Sure enough today I had the worse lustfulful thoughts that I have in over a month.
I managed to catch myself somewhat, I ended up davening a real emotional tefila to Hashem this afternoon. It really helped. At first I davened that Hashem should help me overcome my yetzer harah and then my GYE training kicked in and I asked Hashem to take away the nisyonos all together.
well basicallym let the games begin.
we made it this far even though I didn't think I would. we will make it further BECAUSE I now know I can and will.

Re: first try 23 Jun 2014 01:14 #233933

• Watson
  • Platinum Boarder
Mazal tov on your recent simcha. May your newborn child be zoche to have a tzaddik for a father.

Re: first try 23 Jun 2014 01:14 #233934

• dd
  • Platinum Boarder
  • כל זמן שהנשמה בקרבי מודה אני לפניך
you officially get a MAZEL TOV!!!!!!

lots of nachas from this one and all the other ones till 120 be"h.

Re: first try 23 Jun 2014 01:29 #233937

• shivisi
  • Current streak: 193 days
  • Platinum Boarder
mazel_tov_blue_and_pink.jpg

Is it A

newborn-baby-boy-.jpg

OR

newborn-baby-girl.jpg

????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Last Edit: 23 Jun 2014 01:31 by shivisi.

Re: first try 23 Jun 2014 01:32 #233938

• unanumun
  • Platinum Boarder
THANKS
Attachments:
Time to create page: 0.58 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes