Welcome, Guest

Dms1234's story
(0 viewing) 
Welcome to our forum! Introduce yourself here (anonymously, of course) and get a warm welcome from the rest of the community!

TOPIC: Dms1234's story 93339 Views

Re: Dms1234's story 20 Nov 2014 07:44 #243736

• Metal King
  • Current streak: 1099 days
  • Expert Boarder
Hey DMS, been reading your last week's posts or so and they all seem very positive. Thank you for the wonderful example of emuna! It brought me chizzuk.

Hatzlacha with the rest of your school and exams.
My two favorite Rebbe Nachman quotes:

The whole world is a narrow bridge; the main thing is to not be afraid.

If you won't be better tomorrow than you were today, then what do you need tomorrow for?

Re: Dms1234's story 20 Nov 2014 09:40 #243743

• serenity
  • Platinum Boarder
  • "ONE DAY AT A TIME"
Welcome and thank you for your share. I relate. Hatzalacha!
Much Hatzlacha!

My Threads:
Glad to be here
Don't slip it hurts
Lions & Tigers & Internet, Oh My!

--"ולא המדרש עיקר, אלא המעשה"
--"To promise not to do a thing is the surest way in the world to make a body want to go and do that very thing." Mark Twain
--"If, when you honestly want to, you find you cannot quit entirely, or if when drinking (or lusting), you have little control over the amount you take, you are probably alcoholic (or sexaholic)." AA Big Book P. 45. Parenthesis added.
--You hit rock bottom when you decide to stop digging.

Re: Dms1234's story 21 Nov 2014 15:47 #243861

• Atzmosyosef
  • Junior Boarder
Hey guys !
I nearly acted out the past two nights. But I didnt.
Which Im very happy about.
Anyhow. So im on holiday at the moment. And I only start university again in February.
So whats great for me about holiday is that I dont need to stress about work. And therefore I would love it if I didnt act out for the whole holiday, which is so possible !
And that will be pg three months clean. I would love that.
So Im going to take it one day at a time.
And keep breathing.
Be in Touch !!!

Re: Dms1234's story 21 Nov 2014 17:33 #243864

• serenity
  • Platinum Boarder
  • "ONE DAY AT A TIME"
That is great to hear! Thank you for the chizuk! Hatzlacha!
Much Hatzlacha!

My Threads:
Glad to be here
Don't slip it hurts
Lions & Tigers & Internet, Oh My!

--"ולא המדרש עיקר, אלא המעשה"
--"To promise not to do a thing is the surest way in the world to make a body want to go and do that very thing." Mark Twain
--"If, when you honestly want to, you find you cannot quit entirely, or if when drinking (or lusting), you have little control over the amount you take, you are probably alcoholic (or sexaholic)." AA Big Book P. 45. Parenthesis added.
--You hit rock bottom when you decide to stop digging.

Re: Dms1234's story 21 Nov 2014 22:14 #243877

• dms1234
  • Current streak: 767 days
  • Platinum Boarder
I have no idea why you posted your update on my forum but thanks! Good work!

Should i retitle my thread the "deep breathing thread" or "breathe easy?"
I am happy to speak on the phone. Please email me at dms1234ongye@gmail.com

My name is Daniel, I go to face to face meetings and I work the 12 steps with a sponsor. 

Re: Dms1234's story 22 Nov 2014 03:03 #243889

• dms1234
  • Platinum Boarder
I sent this rap to Unamanamannun (una, did i got that spelling right?) this morning:

dms1234
Heyyyyyyyyy

I be stressin and I be guessin that what I'm doing now is gonna wreck me. Please una, please, please una. Help me outa this rut or else the door is gonna shut.

BH for skeptical, he's helping me put on spectacles. He told me a great tip so I don't gotta sip that never endlng stress to get me out of this mess.

All I gotta do to reveal this stress mask is to just focus on one task. That's right just one task. One task! Say it with me: "one task"

ONE TASK AT A TIME!

My name is Daniel, I go to face to face meetings and I work the 12 steps with a sponsor. 
Last Edit: 22 Nov 2014 03:04 by dms1234.

Re: Dms1234's story 23 Nov 2014 06:27 #243901

• Metal King
  • Current streak: 1099 days
  • Expert Boarder
How about a limerick?

There once was a poster named DMS,
Who's motto was "Just breathe" and didn't stress,
He worked hard getting sober,
Until recovery took over,
Then his life was nothing but blessed.
My two favorite Rebbe Nachman quotes:

The whole world is a narrow bridge; the main thing is to not be afraid.

If you won't be better tomorrow than you were today, then what do you need tomorrow for?

Re: Dms1234's story 23 Nov 2014 07:31 #243911

• dms1234
  • Platinum Boarder
I wrote this letter to my self on Friday morning:

dms1234
Dear Daniel:

I know what you are thinking! You hate yourself! You are in eaither one of two situations: you are procrastinating right now or you are heavily stressed cause of a fast approaching deadline. It could even be both.

You, sir, need to keep a few things in mind.

You have really high expectations of yourself! You want to be completely stress free and 2 weeks ahead of the game. Sorry to break your bubble, but that is way to high of an expectation. In fact, you have to completely lower your expectations to almost nothing. You are way to hard on yourself. Give yourself a break! There is only so much you can do.

Learn one day at a time: All of this stuff you gotta do will not be completed right away. It's a process.
You know what that means? One day you do one task, the next day you do 20 minutes of work, the next day you sit on it some more. You can't just do work. It takes time. Remember you probably have more time than you think to complete this.

Relax, take a deep breath:You probably won't get much work done, at least quality work, when you are so uptight. Take a few of them! Yes, those nice long breaths. Maybe, even go on a run!

Don't neglect your whole life for this one project: You may think it's the most important thing in life right now, but thank God you have a lot of special things in your life including a family, other projects, learning and much more

Don't forget God! He loves and cares for you. He is even helping you!!! So shout out a prayer! In reality, all results are up to Him, we just have to try and do whatever we can do. We must always accept that whatever happens is for the best. This means, and sorry to break it you, that we are not in control of what happens. We just gotta have a positive, persistent attitude and keep looking up to our Tatty in Heaven.

Life is good! take a deep breath and smile!

Re: Dms1234's story 27 Nov 2014 08:23 #244210

• dms1234
  • Platinum Boarder
Its funny how easy i forget:

1: I don't need lust and 2 it kills me.

1. I really don't need lust. It doesn't help me. It doesn't relieve my stress or my loneliness or any other problem. I don't "need" it. I don't need it to live. I can live without it. It used to be so pressing for me to have it in order for me to survive, but i have realized, with the help of living ACTUAL life, that life is better without it.

2. Also, any sip of lust unscrews my head off. I go bonkers. I cant concentrate on anything else in life. It totally consumes me and my thinking. It turns my entire life inward, into just thinking. Life isn't about doing anymore, its about fantasizing and dreaming. Then i slowly die, a painful death while I am a live: I become the living dead: a walking zombie.

I gotta remember these 2 revelations. This week i lusted after 2 girls i know and lusted both of them hard.

I don't need lust and it will kill me.

Re: Dms1234's story 28 Nov 2014 00:07 #244230

• cordnoy
The Patience Song

Take a deep breath and relax,
Pretty soon you'll get your snacks.
So why not have a little bit…
Yes try to have a little bit…
I'm sure that you can have a bit of…
Patience!
My email: thenewme613@hotmail.com
My threads: Mikvah Night - Page 1Page 2Page 3Last Page

https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/1-Break-Free/210029-Tryin
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!
My job: Punchin' bag of GYE - "NeshamaInCharge"
Quote from the chevra: "Is Cordnoy truly a Treasure Island pirate from the Southern Seas?"

MY POSTS ARE NOT WRITTEN AS A MODERATOR UNLESS EXPLICITLY STATED.

Re: Dms1234's story 28 Nov 2014 01:27 #244236

• dms1234
  • Platinum Boarder
My Rabbi is fond of singing the chorus pf a song that goes like this:

paaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaatience paatience (hold the "pay" for 7 seconds)

Re: Dms1234's story 28 Nov 2014 03:12 #244239

• cordnoy
Yes; that is the same song.

My kids and I sing it all the time.

Gotta hold on in the song not to scream "patience" too early....although you really wanna......it's sorta like.....let's not go there.
My email: thenewme613@hotmail.com
My threads: Mikvah Night - Page 1Page 2Page 3Last Page

https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/1-Break-Free/210029-Tryin
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!
My job: Punchin' bag of GYE - "NeshamaInCharge"
Quote from the chevra: "Is Cordnoy truly a Treasure Island pirate from the Southern Seas?"

MY POSTS ARE NOT WRITTEN AS A MODERATOR UNLESS EXPLICITLY STATED.
Last Edit: 28 Nov 2014 03:14 by cordnoy.

Re: Dms1234's story 01 Dec 2014 22:07 #244381

• dms1234
  • Platinum Boarder
Its so funny how SE (Shmiras Eiyanim) gets blown to the waste side. Its like i just forget its wrong. Sometimes i do remember and struggle and even still look! I am talking about on the street here. I have to remember that this isn't something i should be doing. Its damaging for me.

Yes, the girls are attractive and I do enjoy looking at them. Hashem has made woman very attractive. Its hard not to look as they are so attractive. But i cant look. Its not good for me. Its suicide. Its logical to me that i should save my eyes for my wife and I can do it. One girl at a time! I don't need to look that this one girl! I will live. Its ok. Kol b'seder! My life will go on fine if i don't look at her. I don't need her!

Deep breath, dms1234, deep breath!

Last Edit: 01 Dec 2014 22:09 by dms1234.

Re: Dms1234's story 05 Dec 2014 01:28 #244643

• dms1234
  • Platinum Boarder
Dear GYE:

I am addicted to GYE! YES I said it! Feels good.

I go on GYE a lot and i plan on taking a hiatus for the next two weeks so i can properly concentrate on school. I think this is also a good idea to prepare myself for Israel where i wont have much access to GYE.

It sucks yes, but its for the best.

So everybody take a DEEP BREATH, i not leaving GYE, just talking a leave of absence.

BYE! See you in about 2 weeks!

I will still be chatting with fellow gyers on gchat and email, so you can reach me there: dms1234ongye@gmail.com

Last Edit: 05 Dec 2014 01:30 by dms1234.

Re: Dms1234's story 17 Dec 2014 05:59 #245271

• dms1234
  • Platinum Boarder
Hi fellow GYEr's!

I finished school and so I am back on GYE! BH I had much help from Hashem and from Gyer's that I am connected to!

Life was hard, i had it with school but i got through it and now i go to Israel soon!

In those hard times we just gotta take a deep breath and ask Hashem for help! He cares for us and loves us and knows we can do it!

Its good to be back here but it was also nice to let go for a little bit. I was so attached to GYE and I'm not sure if it was helping me THAT much. I find that chatting and speaking with people is more useful for me! But i am back for the next little while before i depart to Israel!

Time to create page: 0.65 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes