Welcome, Guest

Dms1234's story
(0 viewing) 
Welcome to our forum! Introduce yourself here (anonymously, of course) and get a warm welcome from the rest of the community!

TOPIC: Dms1234's story 93344 Views

Re: Dms1234's story 15 Jul 2014 23:18 #235236

• ewards
  • Current streak: 6 days
  • Expert Boarder
  • HEY
dms
story is interesting i wish u the best and u have helped me already . The subconious falling almost happened to me last nite but i woke and stopped it made me feel good i could do that . this whole journey is very interesting and how every one is a little different . I am really getting a education on this site

ewards
can not figure how to get a smiley ??????

Re: Dms1234's story 23 Jul 2014 00:44 #235711

• dms1234
  • Current streak: 767 days
  • Platinum Boarder
A lot of things going on. Procrastination is keeping me busy. Trying to get work done. Trying to not get engulfed in stressed and what not. Trying to remember that life is GREAT and Hashem is GREAT. Trying to remember to take a deep breath and LIVE LIFE. To appreciate the blessings Hashem has given me. To calm down and just do what i gotta do. And whatever happens, I always have the NOW! ALWAYS. The past is just that: the past. I cant do anything about it now EXCEPT ensure it never happens again by working in the present. I am not enslaved by the past. We are above that. We can always change and do things differently. It won't happen right away but it will eventually, if i keep at it. So i won't be too hard on myself. Its ok if i fail. I just have to make sure i am climbing up the ladder and not sliding down it (there is not such thing as stagnation) Even if i fall, slip, mess up etc as long as i keep striving upwards, I am ok and I will be okay. The only thing stopping us is ourselves. WE CAN DO IT! Hashem is helping us and guiding us. He is supporting us and encouraging us. We have incredible potential and ability. We just have to keep at it. Keep getting back. Everything will fall into place, as long as we are active. So thank God! Life is good.
I am happy to speak on the phone. Please email me at dms1234ongye@gmail.com

My name is Daniel, I go to face to face meetings and I work the 12 steps with a sponsor. 

Re: Dms1234's story 23 Jul 2014 01:12 #235712

• ewards
  • Current streak: 6 days
  • Expert Boarder
  • HEY
dms

seems to me you have a lot of knowledge and good thoughts you seem to ..be encouraging and likable guy .

Keep it up and you'll be just fine

ewards
can not figure how to get a smiley ??????

Re: Dms1234's story 23 Jul 2014 08:41 #235724

• Pidaini
  • Platinum Boarder
  • פדני מעושק אדם-מיצר הרע העושק את הבריות-רש"י
A lot of trying there, sounds like me on a bad day.

During those times, I need to keep in touch with people more frequently, even though it seems to be a waste of time, but I know that there are just too many thoughts going through my head, and even though I know all the answers, the feeling could easily get overwhelming.

KIT!! KOT!! (I think you have my number, if not let me know)
Yankel | My Ladder | Talking to Hashem
I'm just a dude, another guy on this bus.
Have a great day, unless, of course, you made other plans. ~ obbormottel
"Nothing changes as long as everything stays the same" ~ Dov

Re: Dms1234's story 23 Jul 2014 11:09 #235732

• TehillimZugger
  • Platinum Boarder
  • לבד הנשמה הטהורה
just saying hi
?דער באשעפער לאווט מיך אייביג. וויפיל לאוו איך עהם
My Creator loves me at all times. How great is my love for him?

Re: Dms1234's story 23 Jul 2014 11:14 #235733

• shivisi
  • Current streak: 193 days
  • Platinum Boarder
dms1234 wrote:
"Procrastination is keeping me busy".

I love that line.
Gotta think about that.

Re: Dms1234's story 23 Jul 2014 16:48 #235738

• Pidaini
  • Platinum Boarder
  • פדני מעושק אדם-מיצר הרע העושק את הבריות-רש"י
TehillimZugger wrote:
just saying hi

ummmmm ......wrong thread

Yankel | My Ladder | Talking to Hashem
I'm just a dude, another guy on this bus.
Have a great day, unless, of course, you made other plans. ~ obbormottel
"Nothing changes as long as everything stays the same" ~ Dov

Re: Dms1234's story 23 Jul 2014 19:43 #235745

• dms1234
  • Platinum Boarder
Pidaini
A lot of trying there, sounds like me on a bad day.

During those times, I need to keep in touch with people more frequently, even though it seems to be a waste of time, but I know that there are just too many thoughts going through my head, and even though I know all the answers, the feeling could easily get overwhelming.
I think this is good trying. And yes i am reaching out quite a bit to my mentor and people in my network. But yea we haven't talking in a while, whats up with that?

TehillimZugger
just saying hi
uhhhhh, Guard? I think someone hacked into TZ's account.....HEY!!!!!!!!! WHAT BRINGS YOU BACK?

By the way, i am still working hard to cut down on my procrastination. I am going to start a system, a very simple one, reffered to my unamamamamamna (did i get that right?) SO Baruch Hashem!!! Life is GREAT! I just gotta keep calm and always smile!

My name is Daniel, I go to face to face meetings and I work the 12 steps with a sponsor. 

Re: Dms1234's story 23 Jul 2014 20:32 #235751

• cordnoy
i am also workin' on procrastinatin'
I am workin' on a plan
it is beginnin' to take shape
i will start writin' it down shortly (as soon as I get pen and paper)
When that is done, I will immediately/soon afterwards start the process of begiinin' to determine which is the best plan of action, and how best to implement it
right after that, the decision will be reached and it'll all be taken care of
I will keep ya' all posted on my progress

thanks

b'hatzlachah
My email: thenewme613@hotmail.com
My threads: Mikvah Night - Page 1Page 2Page 3Last Page

https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/1-Break-Free/210029-Tryin
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!
My job: Punchin' bag of GYE - "NeshamaInCharge"
Quote from the chevra: "Is Cordnoy truly a Treasure Island pirate from the Southern Seas?"

MY POSTS ARE NOT WRITTEN AS A MODERATOR UNLESS EXPLICITLY STATED.

Re: Dms1234's story 24 Jul 2014 09:56 #235844

• MBJ
  • Platinum Boarder
cordnoy wrote:
I am workin' on a plan
When that is done, I will immediately/soon afterwards start the process of begiinin' to determine which is the best plan of action, and how best to implement it

thanks

b'hatzlachah

I know you are joking, but I am in the middle of that exact process right now.
I maybe have a plan for a certain area that I have been neglecting, but I just need to write it down. I will do that eventually. Maybe. Soon. Possibly. Yeah.
This has been going on for a month or so now. I will do it as some point. I guess.

After all why do today what you can push off to tomorrow.
My Story
Only when we make our real lives sweeter than our fantasies will we reap the emotional rewards, the happiness of recovery. - AlexEliezer
Focus on making the right choices as they come up. - Skeptical
When I start to literally accept G-d's Will as guiding my life today, things start to change. - Dov

Re: Dms1234's story 24 Jul 2014 10:05 #235845

• lavi
  • Platinum Boarder
Its ok if i fail. I just have to make sure i am climbing up the ladder and not sliding down it (there is not such thing as stagnation) Even if i fall, slip, mess up etc as long as i keep striving upwards, I am ok and I will be okay.-dms

hmmm. question: if your whole life you climb and slip and end up in the same place is that ok?? (as long as you are striving)
i love you all

Re: Dms1234's story 24 Jul 2014 13:48 #235861

• shivisi
  • Current streak: 193 days
  • Platinum Boarder
lavi wrote:

hmmm. question: if your whole life you climb and slip and end up in the same place is that ok?? (as long as you are striving)

Answer your question: "If your whole life you climb and slip and end up in the same place , that's NOT ok.
but if you UTILIZE the slip as another piece of guidance in your climbing guidebook,then after every slip you will be in a higher place, not end up back in the same place.
Last Edit: 24 Jul 2014 13:54 by shivisi.

Re: Dms1234's story 24 Jul 2014 20:41 #235900

• lavi
  • Platinum Boarder
you should know by now not to give me obvious answers.(sorry for being a little rude, it's not personal)
what i really meant was how "striving" and "guidance" although neccessary, just don't seem to be enough.
you need to follow through with the elusive magical steps to get ACTION.
that is why cordnoy gave me a thank-you. he is very pro-action.
i love you all

Re: Dms1234's story 24 Jul 2014 20:42 #235902

• dms1234
  • Platinum Boarder
MBJ

cordnoy

I am workin' on a plan

thanks

b'hatzlachah

I know you are joking, but I am in the middle of that exact process right now.
I maybe have a plan for a certain area that I have been neglecting, but I just need to write it down. I will do that eventually. Maybe. Soon. Possibly. Yeah.
This has been going on for a month or so now. I will do it as some point. I guess.

After all why do today what you can push off to tomorrow.
Its interesting that this is a common problem among us. Lusting probably does it. We want THIS now, and then we push things off. So we develop procrastination problems and then stress comes from that because we are really all perfectionists and we all love ourselves so much. AH! the life of an addict!

Last Edit: 24 Jul 2014 20:48 by dms1234.

Re: Dms1234's story 24 Jul 2014 20:51 #235907

• shomer bro
  • Platinum Boarder
ahhh, the famous question! the way i view it is that in life, if you are truly striving to grow and become a better person, then there is no such thing as falling back to your original position on the ladder. you may slip down a rung or two, but you'll never be at quite the same rung as you were before your climb. the journey to improving ourselves will have falls in it. but as long as we utilize those falls to keep climbing, we'll see eventual growth. it's like one step back, but two steps forward. because we learned why we took that step, we can better prepare for the future to not do it again and our next step forward is considered two, and not just one. interestingly enough, on the 90 day chart, besides for showing what the person's most recent streak is, it also shows how long they've been in the system working on it. so it shows that it's all part of a process to spiritual growth.
Time to create page: 0.60 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes