Welcome, Guest

Dms1234's story
(0 viewing) 
Welcome to our forum! Introduce yourself here (anonymously, of course) and get a warm welcome from the rest of the community!

TOPIC: Dms1234's story 93341 Views

Re: Dms1234's story 07 May 2014 01:28 #231270

• dms1234
  • Current streak: 767 days
  • Platinum Boarder
A lot of guys in the past little while have broken their records, racking up 50 days, 5 days, whatever it is they are doing amazing work. Some of them have fallen and have gotten REALLY UPSET and then they end up falling again, and again.

In my mind this shows their true intentions. They want to count the days. they want to get to 90 days!!!!!!!!!! and feel amazing (truthfully it doesn't feel AMAZING, it feels just right , but not ABSOLUTELY INCREDIBLE AND SPIRITUAL!) So they focus on accumulating the days, battling and fighting up (uk, how stressful) But then they fall and they got so upset. They thought they were over it!!!!! Done! They beat this thing. Once and for all.
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!

This is focusing on not falling. I found that focusing on living is the true path to recovery. Without: fears, regrets, stresses, guilt. We just calmly live day by day, moment by moment in incredible tranquility. Relax, Breathe, Thank God Life is good. Look at the beautiful sky (or mountains, or water, or trees) that he creates for us. What a magnificent world!!!

Progress, not perfection. If we do fall, God forbid, thats ok, it happens. We cant change the past. We just have to dust ourselves off and pick ourselves up and keep on living (KOL) from the place we left off. Step by Step. Climbing higher and higher but always remembering where we came from. That we can go right back to where we were: a world full of trash that truly did not make us feel happy.

But this shouldn't plague our mind, because I am here right now and I am happy. Thank God. Thank God.
I am happy to speak on the phone. Please email me at dms1234ongye@gmail.com

My name is Daniel, I go to face to face meetings and I work the 12 steps with a sponsor. 
Last Edit: 07 May 2014 01:29 by dms1234.

Re: Dms1234's story 07 May 2014 09:43 #231286

• dd
  • Platinum Boarder
  • כל זמן שהנשמה בקרבי מודה אני לפניך
great post dms!!!

ok KOL!!!!

that really the name of the game!!!

Re: Dms1234's story 09 May 2014 05:11 #231405

• dms1234
  • Platinum Boarder
I learned a lesson. I went to yeshiva for a short bit and learned for the majority of the day. When i came home i said i can do this! I can learn 2 hours a day!! And i did the past 2 days and I'm on pace today!

See, I have always sat down and said come on!! I can learn! I can learn! Ah Im scared! What if this? What if that? AHHH Maybe i cant? Oh no!.

See i think too much. So i decided lets learn in sections. 20 minutes here, 20 minutes there. And then i get there.

Nice and slow nice and slow!

Why do i limit myself? NO MORE LIMITATIONS!!!! (Bezras Hashem!)

My name is Daniel, I go to face to face meetings and I work the 12 steps with a sponsor. 

Re: Dms1234's story 09 May 2014 12:15 #231418

• Atzmosyosef
  • Junior Boarder
Yo DMS !
Im with you on this all the way.
Im also single and surrounded by pretty girls at university and theres a tv and unfiltered computer in my house. I pray daily that those around us will recognise how serious the pervasiveness of society is on us and make our homes healthy and truly alive with good things.
Welcome to the world of baby steps. I look for the little moments that i see improvement.

Re: Dms1234's story 09 May 2014 21:53 #231455

• dms1234
  • Platinum Boarder
Atzmosyosef

I pray daily that those around us will recognise how serious the pervasiveness of society is on us and make our homes healthy and truly alive with good things.
Absolutely! But this is no excuse for us. We cant put the blame on others. This is our problem and even though we are surrounded my shmutz, hot girls that wear nothing, etc, we have to work on ourselves.

So yes BABY STEPS!!! Or rather baby steps!!!

Re: Dms1234's story 20 May 2014 21:38 #232147

• dms1234
  • Platinum Boarder
New avatar!!! yay!

I came up with a profound realization over the past few days. I am a little baby. Thats right. All i want is to whine and cry and get what i want. I want other people to give me what i want, anywhere, any time, always. Its all about the i. What do I want?

But i was speaking with NeedHelpNotJewish and he opened my eyes. He said "he will strive to get out of myself and be loving and giving to others around me, even if I don't "feel like it" at the time." wow!! Meaning i cant just be a baby and do whats best for me. Even if i feel like being a baby and don't feel like doing things for others, i still have to do what's necessary. I just have to do it.

I can't just be for myself and do what I always want to do. But even so what the "i" wants do isn't always the best for me. 'i" wants to look at beautiful women all day but is that what i really should be doing? Sure i don't feel like doing anything else but staring at woman all day but that isn't good for me. Nor will that get me the most pleasure

So Lets say bye to the i and say welcome to the you or we or them? Whatever the i has to go!

Last Edit: 20 May 2014 21:42 by dms1234.

Re: Dms1234's story 20 May 2014 22:35 #232150

• dd
  • Platinum Boarder
thanks Dms!!!

great post but can "I" reply by saying "I" liked it,

"I" guess "I" should write "WE" enjoyed the post,

that really was a "I" opener.

Re: Dms1234's story 20 May 2014 23:00 #232151

• gevura shebyesod
  • Current streak: 1199 days
  • Platinum Boarder
A small i is better because it comes with a dot.
!אנא עבדא דקודשא בריך הוא

וּבְיָדְךָ כֹּחַ וּגְבוּרָה וּבְיָדְךָ לְגַדֵּל וּלְחַזֵּק לַכֹּל

"If it would be so easy there wouldn't be a GYE, but if it would be impossible there also wouldn't be a GYE."
"Sometimes a hard decision leads to an easier outcome."
- General Grant

My story: guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/111583-hello-my-friends

Re: Dms1234's story 20 May 2014 23:12 #232154

• cordnoy
But like has been said before: don't forget to dot it.

Reminds me of the joke where the teenage girl comes to school all black n' blue.
When the teacher asks what happened, the girl responds that she forgot to place the dot at the end of the sentence.
The teacher cried out in amazement: All that fuss cuz' you missed one period!?
My email: thenewme613@hotmail.com
My threads: Mikvah Night - Page 1Page 2Page 3Last Page

https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/1-Break-Free/210029-Tryin
My job: Punchin' bag of GYE - "NeshamaInCharge"
Quote from the chevra: "Is Cordnoy truly a Treasure Island pirate from the Southern Seas?"

MY POSTS ARE NOT WRITTEN AS A MODERATOR UNLESS EXPLICITLY STATED.

Re: Dms1234's story 20 May 2014 23:25 #232157

cordnoy wrote:
But like has been said before: don't forget to dot it.

Reminds me of the joke where the teenage girl comes to school all black n' blue.
When the teacher asks what happened, the girl responds that she forgot to place the dot at the end of the sentence.

Dot vuz ah goot vun!

MT

Re: Dms1234's story 20 May 2014 23:47 #232162

• TehillimZugger
  • Platinum Boarder
  • לבד הנשמה הטהורה
One of the stupidest jokes I've heard in my life. I have a bunch of Kashas on it.
?דער באשעפער לאווט מיך אייביג. וויפיל לאוו איך עהם
My Creator loves me at all times. How great is my love for him?

Re: Dms1234's story 20 May 2014 23:51 #232164

• cordnoy
glad you liked it.
My email: thenewme613@hotmail.com
My threads: Mikvah Night - Page 1Page 2Page 3Last Page

https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/1-Break-Free/210029-Tryin
My job: Punchin' bag of GYE - "NeshamaInCharge"
Quote from the chevra: "Is Cordnoy truly a Treasure Island pirate from the Southern Seas?"

MY POSTS ARE NOT WRITTEN AS A MODERATOR UNLESS EXPLICITLY STATED.

Re: Dms1234's story 21 May 2014 03:18 #232194

• dms1234
  • Platinum Boarder
dd
No, but you can say thank you. Guard set up the forums for this in fact reason. so we can concentrate on the "you" (as in Thank you) instead of the I as in "I like."

cordnoy
Cordnoy: EW! Shelo asani isha

Re: Dms1234's story 22 May 2014 03:17 #232260

• dd
  • Platinum Boarder
dms1234 wrote:
dd
No, but you can say thank you.

ok thank you Dms!!!

Re: Dms1234's story 22 May 2014 09:54 #232270

• shivisi
  • Current streak: 193 days
  • Platinum Boarder
DMS wrote: "you can say thank you". Guard set up the forums for this in fact reason. so we can concentrate on the "you" (as in Thank you) instead of the I as in "I like."

I (or should I (or we) say WE?] would like to point out that even when saying thank you, we precede the you with an "I" , as in modeh ANI lefanecha, in the very first thank-you of every day.
Time to create page: 0.64 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes