Welcome, Guest

hello my friends....
(0 viewing) 
Welcome to our forum! Introduce yourself here (anonymously, of course) and get a warm welcome from the rest of the community!

TOPIC: hello my friends.... 101464 Views

Re: hello my friends.... 20 May 2014 04:08 #232120

• shomer bro
  • Platinum Boarder
I just read your story and found it amazing how much of it reflects what it was like for me until not too long ago. For me too, the worst form of the yetzer hara came from the stories. I think my issue was that a story can be twisted by the mind to new plot lines, etc. I have a great imagination, so my mind can use the stories at will. This is what I still struggle with, to not recall what I've read and seen. B"h, it's gotten much better, using your advice of "saying" to the memories when they pop up that, "while I see that you're here, I'm not interested. Go away". It has helped me so much. Thanks for the chizzuk, and stay strong! we're in this struggle together. We can do it!

Re: hello my friends.... 20 May 2014 04:09 #232121

• gevura shebyesod
  • Current streak: 1193 days
  • Platinum Boarder
I once heard (i think maybe in the name of the Shela"h?) why the Shiur of a Mikva of 40 se'ah is described as "Mayim Shekol Gufo Oleh Bahem". That the meaning of "Oleh" is Bittul, like "Trumah oleh b'echad uMeah". Because a person's body takes up 20 se'ah so we are mevatel it in twice as much water.

So when we Toivel in a Mikva we are actually physically being mevatel our bodies!
!אנא עבדא דקודשא בריך הוא

וּבְיָדְךָ כֹּחַ וּגְבוּרָה וּבְיָדְךָ לְגַדֵּל וּלְחַזֵּק לַכֹּל

"If it would be so easy there wouldn't be a GYE, but if it would be impossible there also wouldn't be a GYE."
"Sometimes a hard decision leads to an easier outcome."
- General Grant

My story: guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/111583-hello-my-friends

Re: hello my friends.... 20 May 2014 18:39 #232139

The holy sforim also say that when we crouch down under the water, we are folded in three, just like an unborn infant in the womb of its mother. When we emerge from the water it's as if we are born again.

MT

Re: hello my friends.... 20 May 2014 19:06 #232140

• TehillimZugger
  • Platinum Boarder
  • לבד הנשמה הטהורה
kilochalu wrote:
מקוה בגימטריא הכנעה עה''כ

Kilo? What's UP with you and kollel gimatrios anyway?

Which reminds me, gotta send you an email about my gimatria...
?דער באשעפער לאווט מיך אייביג. וויפיל לאוו איך עהם
My Creator loves me at all times. How great is my love for him?

Re: hello my friends.... 21 May 2014 10:52 #232208

• shivisi
  • Current streak: 193 days
  • Platinum Boarder
TehillimZugger wrote:
kilochalu wrote:
מקוה בגימטריא הכנעה עה''כ

Kilo? What's UP with you and kollel gimatrios anyway?

I have learned from a very great Talmid Chochom, and mekubal, that contrary to popular misconception, the idea of "kolel" in a gematria does not just simply mean that a gematria can work even if you don't manage to get the sum exactly right, and that there's an "error allowance" margin of one (or sometimes more - [letters-words- etc] in the calculation of gematrias, which may be the reason why many people may look at such "kollel gimatrios" with a certain amount of disdain,
This concept, which has it's source in very early seforim, has very deep meaning to it, which would take me quite some time to explain, so let it just suffice for me to say that "there's alot more in it than many people know about.

Re: hello my friends.... 22 May 2014 00:00 #232254

IMHO, Kabbalistic topics should not be discussed on public forums. The Chid"a writes that divulging hidden secrets of the Torah is one of the causes which lead to sexual sins.

Re: hello my friends.... 22 May 2014 05:41 #232265

• gevura shebyesod
  • Platinum Boarder
Hayom Shiva Ushloshim Yom....

"If it would be so easy there wouldn't be a GYE, but if it would be impossible there also wouldn't be a GYE."
- General Grant

Re: hello my friends.... 22 May 2014 09:37 #232268

• shivisi
  • Current streak: 193 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Machshovo Tova wrote:
IMHO, Kabbalistic topics should not be discussed on public forums. The Chid"a writes that divulging hidden secrets of the Torah is one of the causes which lead to sexual sins.

Can you please give me the source details of where i can find that in the writings of the Chida.
tyvm

Re: hello my friends.... 22 May 2014 18:51 #232291

shivisi wrote:
Machshovo Tova wrote:

Can you please give me the source details of where i can find that in the writings of the Chida.
tyvm

Sorry I do not have my sforim at work (and I don't have GYE access otherwise). But I believe it is in his sefer Avodas Hakodesh. He has a whole chapter dedicated to tips (do's and dont's) for shmiras habris.
Last Edit: 22 May 2014 18:53 by Machshovo Tova.

Re: hello my friends.... 22 May 2014 18:55 #232292

Gevura Shebyesod wrote:

HAPPY GEVURA SHEBYESOD!

Today is your day - we look forward to hear a few words from you on this momentous occasion.

Hatzlacha

MT

Re: hello my friends.... 22 May 2014 20:04 #232306

• gibbor120
  • Platinum Boarder
  • NEVER EVER GIVE UP!
Yes MT (mazal tov) mr GS!

Keep on MT (monstah truckin) with us!

Re: hello my friends.... 22 May 2014 20:15 #232310

• cordnoy
Gevura Shebyesod wrote:

mazal tov youngster...I didn't chap at first.

Many more iy"H....sober days.

b'hatzlachah
My email: thenewme613@hotmail.com
My threads: Mikvah Night - Page 1Page 2Page 3Last Page

https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/1-Break-Free/210029-Tryin
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!
My job: Punchin' bag of GYE - "NeshamaInCharge"
Quote from the chevra: "Is Cordnoy truly a Treasure Island pirate from the Southern Seas?"

MY POSTS ARE NOT WRITTEN AS A MODERATOR UNLESS EXPLICITLY STATED.

Re: hello my friends.... 23 May 2014 00:08 #232338

• gevura shebyesod
  • Platinum Boarder
OK so the Oilam is clamoring for a speech...

The truth is I don't really have much to say. Today is a day just like any other. The same triggers, the same Nisyonos, the same opportunities to choose. One minute, one sight or fantasy at a time.

But I do want to once again thank all of you for helping me along the way the past 3 years. Without the support and companionship I found here I would have been totally lost. And thank you for all the Mazeltov wishes.

Oh yeah...

And...

- General Grant

Re: hello my friends.... 23 May 2014 05:50 #232348

• chaimyakov
  • Current streak: 61 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Mazal Tov for today! That is all any of us can hope for. Not the rest of our lives, not this year or this month or this week or even until Shabbos, just today(One Day at a Time - it has a nice ring to it, no?) The sooner i learned that the sooner i was able to start living and Gevura it is nice to know that you know it to.
KUTGW and all that.
Hatzlacha in all things GOOD!
chaimyakov

Re: hello my friends.... 23 May 2014 18:20 #232360

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
Happy Sefira Day!
thank you for being such a special member of the forum, helping and supporting whenever you can and for giving free monsta' trucking lessons
yedidcha,
Jerry
Sometimes life is like tuna with not enough mayonaise
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

The reason I'm acting as if I'm pregnant, is because I'm expecting. I should be accepting.
~TZ
Time to create page: 0.62 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes