Welcome, Guest
A Board for Yidden who are not as addicted, and for whom Torah/Chizuk/Chassidus can still help them stop.

TOPIC: Vayimaen Messages 783 Views

Re: Vayimaen Messages 24 May 2024 13:29 #414021

• Heeling
  • Current streak: 31 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Video from R Zev Smith: We are faced with the most difficult Kedusha challenges that our previous generations didn't face. No one knows about our challenges. No one knows about our struggles. AND no one knows about our victories!

Hashem knows it all! He's with us!

My friends, it's tough. We can be in a room with unfiltered devices or whatever it may be. Even just a second look at the woman across the street from the corner of our eye. 

But we held back! Even a small victory. Hashem knows it! Yell out to Him! Talk to Him. He's proud of you! He trusts in you! Tell Him all about your frustration. Tell Him how hard it was for you to overcome this challenge. Tell Him about all of those mixed feelings you have about that semi-fall and semi-win.

He understands you!
You can win the fight, but I'll have to live with the loser.

Any excuse you use for yourself, you must be willing to use for your wife.

Not Always can I understand others, but I can always respect their wishes.

You're human, it's okay.

One half of the world cannot understand the pleasures of the other.

Re: Vayimaen Messages 24 May 2024 15:01 #414032

cordnoy wrote on 23 May 2024 11:16:
Generally speakin', we put ourselves into that dark knight

Well that's a pretty good position to be in.
It generated over a billion (with a b) dollars at the box office.
We get only one chance at life.
This is not a rehearsal; it's the real thing.

Father, help me live sober Today.

Re: Vayimaen Messages 28 May 2024 12:57 #414225

• chaimoigen
  • Current streak: 458 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Twisted wrote on 24 May 2024 15:01:

cordnoy wrote on 23 May 2024 11:16:
Generally speakin', we put ourselves into that dark knight

Well that's a pretty good position to be in.
It generated over a billion (with a b) dollars at the box office.

"And why do we fall, Bruce? So we can learn to pick ourselves back up....."
Please feel free to reach out anytime at chaim.oigen@gmail.com

Re: Vayimaen Messages 29 May 2024 15:50 #414326

• bigmoish
  • Platinum Boarder
Yesterday's Video:

If you do the right thing because you're going through a difficult time, but you do it really shelo lishma, the first thing that will happen is that you won't have a salvation, because the real reward is in the next world, and it's a setup for the next test to give you more reward (I guess?).

Then, when you are tested again and fail (because it didn't seem to work the first time), you will get whacked REAL bad, with all that potential reward whisked away in an instant without you even knowing.

I think I missed the inspirational aspect, someone please explain.
Handbook | Skep's Tips
My threads:
www.guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/236327-Bigmoish-tries-to-be-good
www.guardyoureyes.com/forum/4-On-the-Way-to-90-Days/236329-Bigmoishs-path-to-tahara

"We have met the enemy and he is us" - Pogo
"Expectation is the mother of frustration" - gibbor120
"Today, damn it! Today!" - cordnoy
"Desiring is not a sin at all, but just a sign that you are not dead yet" - Dov
"We are our own worst observer" - eslaasos's therapist
WDHW!!!
Last Edit: 29 May 2024 15:51 by bigmoish.

Re: Vayimaen Messages 29 May 2024 16:00 #414328

• frank.lee
  • Current streak: 333 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Which one? "Don't slam down the phone"?

Re: Vayimaen Messages 29 May 2024 16:07 #414329

• chosemyshem
  • Platinum Boarder
bigmoish wrote on 29 May 2024 15:50:
Yesterday's Video:

If you do the right thing because you're going through a difficult time, but you do it really shelo lishma, the first thing that will happen is that you won't have a salvation, because the real reward is in the next world, and it's a setup for the next test to give you more reward (I guess?).

Then, when you are tested again and fail (because it didn't seem to work the first time), you will get whacked REAL bad, with all that potential reward whisked away in an instant without you even knowing.

You know those guys who post for the first time in six months but it's just to complain about a vayimaen video?

Didn't see the video but it reminds me of a piece of mussar I heard in high school that stuck with me and ruined basically every feeling of accomplishment I had (only slight exaggeration). The mussar was that sometimes the yetzer pushes you to do a big averiah but only so that he could get you to ease up a little and do something small. So like if you want to skip shachris but fight hard and come but 5 minutes late, maybe you really lost since he just wanted you to come five minutes late like you did. 
So anytime you overcome a yetzer hara, instead of celebrating the wins, focus on whatever small things you did wrong and feel like a loser. 

This is similar. It might be true, but just is designed to make you feel bad about every little thing you do wrong. Not sure who that would benefit.

Re: Vayimaen Messages 29 May 2024 16:32 #414335

• bigmoish
  • Platinum Boarder
chosemyshem wrote on 29 May 2024 16:07:

bigmoish wrote on 29 May 2024 15:50:
Yesterday's Video:

You know those guys who post for the first time in six months but it's just to complain about a vayimaen video?

I guess all the rest were good.
Or, at least didn't make me depressed.
Handbook | Skep's Tips
My threads:
www.guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/236327-Bigmoish-tries-to-be-good
www.guardyoureyes.com/forum/4-On-the-Way-to-90-Days/236329-Bigmoishs-path-to-tahara

"We have met the enemy and he is us" - Pogo
"Expectation is the mother of frustration" - gibbor120
"Today, damn it! Today!" - cordnoy
"Desiring is not a sin at all, but just a sign that you are not dead yet" - Dov
"We are our own worst observer" - eslaasos's therapist
WDHW!!!

Re: Vayimaen Messages 30 May 2024 13:52 #414384

• Heeling
  • Platinum Boarder

I get almost daily emails from a website I created an account for before filtering my computer. I forgot to close the account before filtering and asking my filter to unblock temporarily so I can close the account is a bit risky.

These emails sometimes have images I don’t want to see, I set that the pictures shouldn’t only show if I click on them but still getting the email, and sometimes clicking on them is tough.

Today's Vayimaen video from R’ Meshulim Feish Ginsberg made me delete the email without opening it.

You're human, it's okay.

Re: Vayimaen Messages 30 May 2024 14:04 #414385

• chosemyshem
  • Platinum Boarder
Bro pm me the unsubscribe link and I'll unsubscribe for you. (I'd probably be able to see your email address if that's an issue.)
0 reason to face yourself with something you view as a struggle.

Re: Vayimaen Messages 30 May 2024 14:17 #414386

• BenHashemBH
  • Platinum Boarder
If the 'sender' is always the same, perhaps you can block them?
Every challenge is an opportunity. Every stumbling block is also a steppingstone. Keep climbing.
Today is yesterday's tomorrow.
"In the place where the penitents stand, the perfectly righteous cannot stand." -Berachos 34b
The yetzarim a person has the most trouble dealing with are his most powerful God-given tools for developing his potential and achieving shleimus.
In order to love who you are, you cannot hate the experiences that shaped you.
It doesn't matter how big the number is, only that today it is going up by one.

A little about what I'm doing here: guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/412971-I-Want-to-Help-Others

Re: Vayimaen Messages 30 May 2024 15:34 #414389

• redfaced
  • Current streak: 475 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Mark as spam?
May you slide down the banister of happiness and get many splinters of success up your career

Feel free to send me an owl, a howler, or even a Crumple-Horned Snorkack to Iamredfaced@gmail.com

guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/416899-The-Red-Face

Re: Vayimaen Messages 20 Jun 2024 15:15 #415539

• proudyungerman
  • Current streak: 234 days
  • Gold Boarder
Yesterdays וימאן was amazing! Must watch!
It was worth it's weight in gold...or shall I say diamonds...
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!
Last Edit: 20 Jun 2024 15:15 by proudyungerman.

Re: Vayimaen Messages 20 Jun 2024 17:58 #415558

• BenHashemBH
  • Platinum Boarder
proudyungerman wrote on 20 Jun 2024 15:15:
Yesterdays וימאן was amazing! Must watch!
It was worth it's weight in gold...or shall I say diamonds...
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!

Beautiful, thank you for sharing!
Diamonds form under intense heat and pressure. Instead of melting or breaking, a precious gem emerges. Same for us. Precious stones in the making.
Every challenge is an opportunity. Every stumbling block is also a steppingstone. Keep climbing.
Today is yesterday's tomorrow.
"In the place where the penitents stand, the perfectly righteous cannot stand." -Berachos 34b
The yetzarim a person has the most trouble dealing with are his most powerful God-given tools for developing his potential and achieving shleimus.
In order to love who you are, you cannot hate the experiences that shaped you.
It doesn't matter how big the number is, only that today it is going up by one.

A little about what I'm doing here: guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/412971-I-Want-to-Help-Others

Re: Vayimaen Messages 11 Jul 2024 01:42 #416855

• Heeling
  • Platinum Boarder
It was a tough day today at work and home, very draining. I came home with no energy but had to be a strong husband and a confident leader.

After doing most of the things I needed to do, I told my wife I was checking out. I need some space, she gave it to me. I felt the need to cry but was waiting for something to bring out.

In comes R' Nachum Binder with his Vayimaen videos called 'Your child can see'. When he said the words 'to beg, to plead, to cry' He got me, I cried and begged Hashem for 2 things I need very much.

You're human, it's okay.

Re: Vayimaen Messages 11 Jul 2024 14:09 #416886

• iyh2023
  • Gold Boarder
Its interesting you're saying this, as i did the same, while watching a different Vayimaen video, in the office......talk about embarrassing
Last Edit: 11 Jul 2024 14:10 by iyh2023.
Time to create page: 0.60 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes