Welcome, Guest

Has Breslov ideas worked for anyone?
(0 viewing) 
A Board for Yidden who are not as addicted, and for whom Torah/Chizuk/Chassidus can still help them stop.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Has Breslov ideas worked for anyone? 4270 Views

Has Breslov ideas worked for anyone? 04 Feb 2015 20:14 #248191

Shalom aleichem my holy brothers,

I have read several of the Garden books (by R' Arush) and in those books they insist the way to be healed from a lust for fornication, and not guarding your eyes is go daven, daven, daven, say Tikkun Klali and go to the mikva. When I find the drive to do so, I try that approach but I am still an addict, so it clearly hasn't worked. Am I giving up too easily or do I need to find a new approach? Has this method every worked for someoene here?

Re: Has Breslov ideas worked for anyone? 04 Feb 2015 20:27 #248195

• cordnoy
v'afilu b'hastarah.....

There are many methods out there.

b'hatzlachah
My email: thenewme613@hotmail.com
My threads: Mikvah Night - Page 1Page 2Page 3Last Page

https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/1-Break-Free/210029-Tryin
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!
My job: Punchin' bag of GYE - "NeshamaInCharge"
Quote from the chevra: "Is Cordnoy truly a Treasure Island pirate from the Southern Seas?"

MY POSTS ARE NOT WRITTEN AS A MODERATOR UNLESS EXPLICITLY STATED.

Re: Has Breslov ideas worked for anyone? 04 Feb 2015 20:55 #248196

• gibbor120
  • Platinum Boarder
  • NEVER EVER GIVE UP!
I've been on the site for a few years, and I don't recall seeing that help. Maybe one or 2 claimed that it helped, but I'm not sure they are around any more, and I don't think they had any long term sobriety.

Stick around. See what works. Do it.

Re: Has Breslov ideas worked for anyone? 04 Feb 2015 21:15 #248198

• ineedchizuk
  • Current streak: 13 days
  • Gold Boarder
Welcome!

Ditto to Gibbor. ....and keep davening! !!

Hatzlacha

Re: Has Breslov ideas worked for anyone? 04 Feb 2015 22:54 #248205

• belmont4175
  • Gold Boarder
  • נאר אמונה אין בוכ"ע
The way of R' Arush is not something you do spontaneously when you are in a troubled situation, its a way of life living so, if you follow that path all the way you probably would succeed but it's quite difficult and weird (sorry I didn't find the right word), however learning the basics on EMUNAH and some other fundamental Yiddishkeit it's an excellent source.

My personal experience it helped me understand the core concept of EMUNAH and I am greatfull to R' Lazer Brody for that, but I have continued learning Chasidus and Mussar elsewhere.
הסיבה שיש דברים קשים העוברים עליך היא בגלל שהאדם חושב כי "אני עומד" שהוא מנהל הכל,
ברגע שיתן הכנעה כי השי"ת מנהיג הכל אז כבר אפשר להתמודד עם הקשיים. שמעתי מאדם גדול

If life is a LEMON make LEMONADE

Thank You Hashem for every moment of Sobriety!

Re: Has Breslov ideas worked for anyone? 05 Feb 2015 03:18 #248211

I hear, and I recognize it is a way of life. One that I have been trying to implement for some time now.

I often find that the more you get into chassidut and emunah the more you are tested. Like when I have a good chap or really see yad H' - BAM!There comes along a test to know me down. How to stay up or "pass" is what we are all dealing with I guess. Reb Brody always cites the example of a coach testing his players so they will be more advanced, as we should be but it doesnt make things easier.

Re: Has Breslov ideas worked for anyone? 06 Feb 2015 18:48 #248273

I am having trouble explaining my thoughts on R' Arush's approaches, but I may try another time. They work, but it takes a certain perspective to see them work.

As a general principle:
To some extent, each new behavior takes its own effort. But the truth is that when you accustom yourself to knowing that you do one thing because of a certain idea, it becomes easier to learn to do something else that applies the same idea (even though there may be much, much more behind the choice). You may also recognize it (the idea you applied) in the norms of society, or your parents, or something in nature. Each recognition makes it easier to take the next step, recognizing a piece of its inner value. The idea itself will also expand as you see how one application differs from another. I suspect but don't know that this process is what leads to going "beyond the letter of the law."

This truth might seem almost obvious to folks who grew up frum. Chazal seems to know it, or at least (to my eyes) it shows its face through the small bits of shas I've seen. In our time, though, this truth has become a secret, for good and bad.

belmont4175 wrote:
The way of R' Arush is not something you do spontaneously when you are in a troubled situation, its a way of life living so, if you follow that path all the way you probably would succeed but it's quite difficult and weird (sorry I didn't find the right word), however learning the basics on EMUNAH and some other fundamental Yiddishkeit it's an excellent source.

This! 8-D
I've failed, but I'm still alive, no? And even not given that, perhaps I could try again.

כִּי יֹדֵעַ אֱלֹהִים כִּי בְּיוֹם אֲכָלְכֶם מִמֶּנּוּ וְנִפְקְחוּ עֵינֵיכֶם וִהְיִיתֶם כֵּאלֹהִים יֹדְעֵי טוֹב וָרָע:

The day has come...the fruit is Torah.
Last Edit: 06 Feb 2015 18:50 by long breaths long days. Reason: clarity

Re: Has Breslov ideas worked for anyone? 24 Apr 2015 17:33 #253053

• shlomo613
  • Current streak: 32 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Everything I have is due to G-d who led me to Breslov, wise rabbeim, and Reb shalom arush's books.
I live by it and I'm still very much in the game after some three years of efforts to deal with my lust using a hybrid of the 12 steps and Rebbe nachman's teachings.
The two books are garden of Emuna and Forest Fields.
Last Edit: 25 Apr 2015 21:38 by shlomo613. Reason: Sounding better

Re: Has Breslov ideas worked for anyone? 25 Apr 2015 23:41 #253080

• Mr A Sample
  • Current streak: 25 days
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi I am very new to GYE but am already seeing great things. Knowing that there are other people out there struggling along, knowing that I'm not a yochid/outcast.. so, thank u every1 for writting!

I've been struggling for years and recently decided that i'm fed up and going to fight it.
I read R' Shalom Arush's book Garden Of Peace; it is amazing. Yes, he speaks a very lot about tefillah - which is the Breslover derech is avodas Hashem, but even for someone like myself (chassidic but not at all breslov) the book did wonders.
He has a chapter in Garden Of Peace about 'marital relationships'. This chapter actually started me on my road to recovery. It's k'dai to read.

So, even if one isn't affilated with Breslov or their derech, his books are wonderful.

As a side note, of course, everyone has to daven for Siyata Dishamay with these nisyonos. Without tefilah, there is no hope.

Hatzlochoh.

Re: Has Breslov ideas worked for anyone? 01 May 2015 19:27 #253688

• gibbor120
  • Platinum Boarder
  • NEVER EVER GIVE UP!
WELCOME! Read the handbook. Keep posting.

Re: Has Breslov ideas worked for anyone? 02 May 2016 15:35 #286305

• MeyerLemon
  • Current streak: 6 days
  • Expert Boarder
  • The whole world rests on the tip of the tongue.
I have started to read The Garden of Purity, (for Men Only), but I don't really understand the significance of the Tikkun HaKlali, (although I am working on trying it).  It's a list of ten specific tehillim, ones that existed already, (16, 32, 41, 42, 59, 77, 90, 105, 137, 150).  Why would someone have to sacrifice themselves and their family to reveal ten tehilim that anyone with a TaNaCh would have access to?  I just don't understand why this would be such a big secret.

Last Edit: 02 May 2016 16:34 by MeyerLemon. Reason: spelling error

Re: Has Breslov ideas worked for anyone? 02 May 2016 15:59 #286307

• shlomo24
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Platinum Boarder
Sigh. Could someone else write a response for this?
If you're an LGBTQ or LGBTQ-questioning person and looking for someone who can understand you, feel free to reach out. I promise no judgement and to try and listen the best I can. 

Email: iam24zman@gmail.com

Re: Has Breslov ideas worked for anyone? 02 May 2016 16:23 #286318

• Aryeh821
  • Current streak: 591 days
  • Gold Boarder
Shlomo24 wrote:
Sigh. Could someone else write a response for this?

To Meyer?
Soberity is a journey NOT a destination 

Re: Has Breslov ideas worked for anyone? 03 May 2016 22:50 #286548

• MeyerLemon
  • Current streak: 6 days
  • Expert Boarder
  • The whole world rests on the tip of the tongue.
I hope I didn't miss something so fundamental or germane that I have offended people by the mere question. 

Re: Has Breslov ideas worked for anyone? 04 May 2016 05:08 #286597

• shlomo24
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Platinum Boarder
No, but people always mention Breslov on this site. To say the least, the Breslov that you would have access to and GYE are very different things.
If you're an LGBTQ or LGBTQ-questioning person and looking for someone who can understand you, feel free to reach out. I promise no judgement and to try and listen the best I can. 

Email: iam24zman@gmail.com
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.57 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes