Welcome, Guest

Divrei Torah collected by Zemiros
(0 viewing) 
Im Paga be’cha menuval zeh, mushchei'hu le- BEIS HAMEDRASH! This board is for divrei Torah relating to our struggle with the Yetzer Hara, from the entire spectrum of Tanach, Chazal, Mussar and Chassidus. On this board there will be no posts about personal struggles and no debates. Only TORAH CHIZUK.

TOPIC: Divrei Torah collected by Zemiros 37057 Views

Re: Divrei Torah collected by Zemiros 11 Sep 2011 21:00 #118470

• Blind Beggar
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Not a sexaholic, just trying to be good.
The Toras Chacham says singing on Shabbos(Zemiros Shabbos) goes up to the world of A"ck which is above Atzilus which is above Beriyah.
The Blind Beggar is a character in Rebbe Nachman's story of the Seven Beggars.
If I view a woman as an object, I am powerless over lust, but I don't have to look.
I can guard my eyes.
I want to guard my eyes.
I do guard my eyes.
Why do I say these four lines?
Last Edit: by .

Re: Divrei Torah collected by Zemiros 15 Sep 2011 19:44 #119126

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
Parshas Ki Savo

The mitzva of bikkurim teaches us the midah of histapkus. To be content with what we have in every area.

There are two channels of blessing and bounty. The side of kedusha is signified by the contentedness it instills. Poseach es yadecha umasbia lechol chai ratzon. Malai birchas hashem. As we say in bentching: tamid lo chassar lanu ve'al yechsar lanu. Vechol tov al yechasrenu.

Bounty and blessing received from the other side engenders a nonstop pursuit. Yesh lo mana rotzeh masayim. Ein adam mais vechatzi tavaso beyado. Bikkurim teaches us to enjoy what we have. Vesamachta bechol hatov. In the good that you received.

This is true even in spiritual pursuits. A person should recognize his current situation and not aspire to levels that are currently unattainable. Rather thank Hashem and appreciate the level you do have. Appreciate that you are a jew. As we say every morning 'shelo asani goy'. And we say at Bikkurim 'arami oved avi', which is maschil bignus umesayem bishvach. That we started out as pagans. And now kervanu hamakom la'avodaso.

Veamachta bechol hatov, you feel as if you've 'got it all'. Why? Because asher nasan lecha Hashem elokecha, it's coming from kedusha, from the RBSO. So too in all areas, physical and spiritual. A person should appreciate what he has.

Tiferes Shlomo

(kedai to see the text)
Attachments:
  • Attachment This attachment is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
Sometimes life is like tuna with not enough mayonaise
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

The reason I'm acting as if I'm pregnant, is because I'm expecting. I should be accepting.
~TZ

Re: Divrei Torah collected by Zemiros 16 Sep 2011 15:23 #119261

• heuni memass
See second paragraph of 2nd page for the real reason you posted it here.

We need to thank Hashem for the rebbe.

Re: Divrei Torah collected by Zemiros 16 Sep 2011 15:31 #119264

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
heuni memass wrote on 16 Sep 2011 15:23:

We need to thank Hashem for the rebbe.

avadeh in avadeh!
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

The reason I'm acting as if I'm pregnant, is because I'm expecting. I should be accepting.
~TZ

Re: Divrei Torah collected by Zemiros 16 Sep 2011 15:34 #119267

• heuni memass
You got me to open my tiferes shlomo that is on my shelf and haven't look at in in a loooong time.  Nice shtikel . Thanks.

Re: Divrei Torah collected by Zemiros 16 Sep 2011 15:46 #119272

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
thank you, glad to help in any way.

and btw, the first piece in Degel Machaneh Efraim on this week's haftorah has a really beautiful mashal.
(a bit long, but worth it. and it's totally on an accessible level, no sefiros shaimos and yichudim.)
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

~TZ

Re: Divrei Torah collected by Zemiros 16 Sep 2011 16:22 #119279

• gibbor120
  • Platinum Boarder
  • NEVER EVER GIVE UP!
Even a litvak can understand it?

Re: Divrei Torah collected by Zemiros 16 Sep 2011 16:24 #119280

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
i think they are still running lab-tests on that one. once the medical papers are published and reviewed by peers then the FDA will certify it...
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

~TZ

Re: Divrei Torah collected by Zemiros 16 Sep 2011 16:33 #119281

• gibbor120
  • Platinum Boarder
  • NEVER EVER GIVE UP!
ZemirosShabbos wrote on 16 Sep 2011 16:24:

i think they are still running lab-tests on that one. once the medical papers are published and reviewed by peers then the FDA will certify it...

F - Fabulous
D - D'var Torah
A - Association???

Re: Divrei Torah collected by Zemiros 16 Sep 2011 16:44 #119285

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote

i always thought it was Food & Drug Administration.... all these years living in a misconception... tsk tsk
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

~TZ

Re: Divrei Torah collected by Zemiros 16 Sep 2011 21:09 #119325

• obormottel
  • Platinum Boarder
gibbor120 wrote on 16 Sep 2011 16:22:

Even a litvak can understand it?

only if the litvak  says a lechaim and turns his hat backwards.
Baby steps.
If the road is pulling you down, it's a sign that you are going uphill, so just press harder on the gas!

Have a great day - unless, of course, you made other plans.

Re: Divrei Torah collected by Zemiros 19 Sep 2011 18:12 #119482

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
אמנם בחטאו, כיון שעל ידו נסתר השלימות יותר משהיה, ונתרבו החסרונות, והיה הוא הגורם רעה לעצמו, הנה לא יהיה עוד כל כך קל לו לשוב לצאת מן החסרון ולקנות השלימות, כמות שהיה בעת שלא היה הוא גרמת חסרונו אלא שכך נוצר מעיקרו וכמ"ש. וכל שכן שבהכרח השתדלותו המצטרך עתה להגיע לשלימות, הנה הוא כפול, כי יצטרך תחלה שישובו האדם והעולם אל המצב שהיו בראשונה קודם החטא, ואחר כך שיתעלו מן המצב ההוא אל מצב השלימות שהיה ראוי לאדם שיעלה:

דרך ה' פרק ג

He is speaking about the cheit of Adam Harishon, but it struck me that the same can be said about a bad habit/addiction.
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

~TZ

Re: Divrei Torah collected by Zemiros 19 Sep 2011 18:17 #119484

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
אמנם גם היא (הנשמה) מפסדת, שהיא כבושה בעצמה ואינה יכולה לפשט זהריה. ועוד, שאינה פועלת הפעולה הראויה לה, שהיא זיכוך הגוף. ואלו היתה פועלת אותה, היתה משתלמת בזה שלימות גדול, מצד מהות הפעולה עצמה, שהרי פעולת שלימות היא היות מטיב ומשלים זולתו.

דרך ה' פרק ג

Another sentence in Derech Hashem that sounded very familiar
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

~TZ

Re: Divrei Torah collected by Zemiros 21 Sep 2011 18:38 #119824

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
תקעו בחודש שופר, בכסה ליום חגנו" (תהילים פ"א, ד) – בהתחדשות השנה, כח החידוש מוסיף קדושה בנבראים, כעין התחלת  היצירה, וגם הכח הפנימי והמכוסה שבנפשנו מתגלה ומשלים את הנפש בדעות ובמעשים.

"כי חק לישראל הוא משפט לאלקי יעקב" – אעפ"י שאין אנו מכירים  את עומק הטוב המכוסה שבנפשות ישראל, והדבר הוא בשבילנו כחוק, שאין אנו יודעים את טעמו, אבל לאלקי יעקב, להשם יתברך אלוקה-כל-הנפשות, הוא משפט מוטעם ומבואר, כי הוא יודע עד כמה ראוי להכריע לצד זכותנו, מצד כח הקדושה הפנימי, הצפון והמכוסה.

מדבר שור
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

~TZ

Re: Divrei Torah collected by Zemiros 23 Sep 2011 14:43 #120097

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
Parshas Nitzavim Vayelech

ולא מעבר לים היא לאמר וגו' כי קרוב אליך הדבר מאוד בפיך ובלבבך לעשותו

The RBSO does not expect you to cross the ocean in one hop, to change immediately from one extreme to the other. Rather, step by step progression.

Toras Avos
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

~TZ
Time to create page: 0.58 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes