Tips for Staying Out of Trouble
We all know that empty pleasure seeking throws us into isolation, distances us from our loved ones (and Hashem), and sucks all the joy out of our lives. But with all this time on our hands, what can we do to ensure that we don’t get "infected"?
Here are a few tips to help stay sane in these trying times:
- Make sure to have a good filter installed. We'll make it easy for you, just fill out this simple form.
- It’s easy to lose ourselves when we don’t have structure. Let’s make certain red-lines as far as what time we get up in the morning to daven, how much time we’d like to spend each day learning Torah (Gemara, Halacha, Tanach or whatever we enjoy), and make specific times to learn and play with our children as well. Dig up those old “To Do” lists of things you wished you could do but never found the time like organizing your papers, books, albums, etc. and do them together with your wife and kids!
- Try to get your news from Kosher websites like YeshivaWorld, Matzav, Vosizneias.com and INN. You can also sign up here to get all the latest news updates (images and video clips) through the "Kol Haolam" Whatsapp status. It's very unlikely that you'll miss important Coronavirus updates by sticking exclusively to kosher sites and groups. This sacrifice will boost your spiritual immune system and help you avoid the dangerous triggers in articles about celebrities, sex scandals and advertisements for various body-part enlargements. Consider signing up to the YESOD challenge as a merit that Hashem should keep us all healthy and safe!
- In spite of the fact that events, theater, shopping, restaurants, weddings, Bar Mitzvas, Prayer Services (over 10) and more, ARE CANCELLED, WE NEED TO BE AWARE THAT:
- Going outdoors: Not Cancelled!
- Music : Not Cancelled!
- Family : Not Cancelled!
- Reading : Not Cancelled!
- Friends : Not Cancelled!
- Singing : Not Cancelled!
- Laughing : Not Cancelled!
Great for parents with bored kids at home:
Oorah has unlocked all of their videos including marvelous middos machine etc. to view online. No YouTube needed. Click here.
In addition, on Glatweb.com you can find hundreds of kosher movies, documentaries and video clips to keep your kids busy without resorting to spiritually dangerous websites like youtube (although many of the movies are not Jewish, they are clean).