Monday, 30 January 2012
Beware of Mixed-Gender Chanukah Parties!
Try to get out of going, if possible.
- If not, make a plan in advance.
- Schedule how long you have to be there, and stick to it.
- Set an alarm to remind you when to leave.
- Prepare an excuse to leave in advance.
- Give yourself a pep-talk before going.
- Look at yourself in the mirror and tell your eyes, "today, we won't stray!"
- Bring a sefer or a book to read instead of "mingling".
- Avoid socializing with the opposite gender as much as possible
- Sit facing away from the opposite gender.