Welcome, Guest

Dov's 12 Step Workshop
(0 viewing) 
This section will include threads that relate to the 12-step group support program.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Dov's 12 Step Workshop 7645 Views

Dov's 12 Step Workshop 20 Mar 2015 08:06 #250869

• the.guard
  • Current streak: 697 days
Dov - from the "Daily Dose of Dov" (who is currently 18 years sober in SA) gave over a 12-Step workshop on the phone for GYE members in a series of 12 sessions over a 3 week period (from March 9 - March 26, 2015).

In spite of what Dov wrote about the workshop before the launch (see the next post) the workshop ended up being a total of 12 talks (instead of the planned 6). After the workshop finished, Dov summed up the talks as follows:
  • Talks 1-2: Self honesty and the Problem
  • Talks 3-10: Going through the steps
  • Talks 11-12: Bringing it all together - a good summary of the entire program.
Click here to download a Zip of all 12 Talks.

Right click the links below and press "Save Link/Target As" to save the MP3s onto your computer.
- Part 1 of Dov's Workshop
- Part 2 of Dov's Workshop
- Part 3 of Dov's Workshop
- Part 4 of Dov's Workshop
- Part 5 of Dov's Workshop
- Part 6 of Dov's Workshop
- Part 7 of Dov's Workshop
- Part 8 of Dov's Workshop
- Part 9 of Dov's Workshop
- Part 10 of Dov's Workshop
- Part 11 of Dov's Workshop
- Part 12 of Dov's Workshop

To listen to these talks by phone:
Dial (641) 715-3813
PIN: 637207#

Part 1 of Dov's Workshop: Reference number #98
Part 2 of Dov's Workshop: Reference number #99
Part 3 of Dov's Workshop: Reference number #100
Part 4 of Dov's Workshop: Reference number #101
Part 5 of Dov's Workshop: Reference number #103
Part 6 of Dov's Workshop: Reference number #104
Part 7 of Dov's Workshop: Reference number #105
Part 8 of Dov's Workshop: Reference number #106
Part 9 of Dov's Workshop: Reference number #108
Part 10 of Dov's Workshop: Reference number #109
Part 11 of Dov's Workshop: Reference number #110
Part 12 of Dov's Workshop: Reference number #111

After we posted the recordings, Dov wrote to us as follows:
Thank you for giving me the opportunity to work my 12th step yet again and in a new way. I hope it helps all who listen, and that those who listen know that they can just email me for any clarifications, disagreements, or just to talk. If there'd be a way to directly let them know how to do that wherever the recordings are available, it'd really be a proper 12th step and I'd be even more grateful. (To write to Dov, send an e-mail to: wequithiding@gmail.com)

After the workshop, one of the participants wrote to Dov:
The workshop was great, not just good! In the beginning I almost thought you were just plain crazy. I am 24 years old, I've been in a good yeshiva my whole life, nothing ever hit home like this workshop. I didn't know how you did it, but now I do. You live in G-d's hands. I have two words to tell you: Thank you, thank you, and thank you.
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.
Last Edit: 29 Dec 2015 20:24 by the.guard.

Dov's 12 Step Workshop 20 Mar 2015 10:33 #250870

• the.guard
  • Current streak: 697 days
Dov wrote about the workshop (before it began on March 9, 2015) as follows:
  • Are you a sex or lust addict who is willing to do whatever it takes to live free?
  • Have you found the steps to be a waste of time?
  • Do you know the 12 steps well but still feel they don't speak to you in a practical way?
  • Are you a non-addict upset with your own pesky desires for schmutz and curious about the 12 steps?
  • Are you frustrated about your inability to stop acting-out with lust in a way that addicts seem to use their drugs?
  • Are you tired of these prying questions?
As a recovering addict, I will be sharing each of the steps on the calls based on simple honesty and openness about myself, my disease, and my experience using these steps one day at a time as a Jew, husband and father. So let's work off our Purim booze and bring our most embarrassing questions and worst complaints about the steps (and maybe about ourselves, too) Monday-Thursday March 9-19th. (After all, Pesach will still be a few weeks away and our wives seem to be doing fine without us, as usual...)

The general agenda will be to share how the steps work as a single, simple unit to help sick people get well be"H.

Talk 1 - Step 1 and the 12 Step culture: Who needs any of it? Who needs all of it? (This call will be followed by an invitation for anyone who wishes, to share their short, written, 1st step on a private PIN # we will arrange).

Talk 2 - Steps 2 and 3: What's missing from these steps for frum Jews, and why aren't these steps enough on their own for addicts in recovery?

Talk 3 - Steps 4-7 and the answer to last week's question, be"H, and why step 4 alone doesn't solve any problems.

Talk 4 - Steps 8-10 and how they are part of step 7 and the way to get and keep a 3rd step.

Talk 5 - Steps 11 and 12 and finally something a little religious! Why wait so long for something so good? And why wait till after all these steps to start sponsoring others?

Talk 6 - Step 12 1/2? A discussion about how being frum can help recovery or hurt it - and also about how being frum can help - or hurt - avodas Hashem, of all things.

Nobody will be asked to use their real names when sharing on the call, as this line is obviously not a secure one due to the PIN being available online. But all who wish, are encouraged to speak up in a way that keeps the decorum comfortable for all. It is hoped that all of us keep the 11th and 12th traditions of AA on this call and do not ever break anyone else's anonymity in any way. And that is the only way calls like this - and any recovery groups - can ever survive and succeed.

Any suggestions/questions about the call can be sent to my email wequithiding@gmail.com- please type "WORKSHOP" in the subject.

Thanks, and G-d bless all of us, addicts or not!

- Dov
Webmaster of www.guardyoureyes.org - Maintaining Moral Purity in Today's World. We’re here on a quest ; it’s really all a test. Just do your best and G-d will do the rest.

Re: Dov's 12 Step Workshop 28 Dec 2015 12:25 #272528

• Josephsbrother
  • Current streak: 926 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank my Creator for His Loving Kindnesss
I am glad these are available for those of us, who have to strive hard for a few pennies, to pay our bills, and give some security to our families, and be the Creators assistant in bringing a life of fulfillment to my family, and others who are to be occassionally, near my life path. It is an blessing to hear these phone conferences. What can I do to support your effort, for now encourage others locality, and on Internet to take advantage of your resource, and gather my offering pledge as my Maker open doors for me to fulfill my pledge.
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!

Re: Dov's 12 Step Workshop 10 Oct 2016 14:25 #296157

• serenity
  • Platinum Boarder
  • "ONE DAY AT A TIME"
Can you post an updated list of references numbers to Dov's more recent talks. 
Much Hatzlacha!

My Threads:
Glad to be here
Don't slip it hurts
Lions & Tigers & Internet, Oh My!

--"ולא המדרש עיקר, אלא המעשה"
--"To promise not to do a thing is the surest way in the world to make a body want to go and do that very thing." Mark Twain
--"If, when you honestly want to, you find you cannot quit entirely, or if when drinking (or lusting), you have little control over the amount you take, you are probably alcoholic (or sexaholic)." AA Big Book P. 45. Parenthesis added.
--You hit rock bottom when you decide to stop digging.

Re: Dov's 12 Step Workshop 24 Nov 2016 04:06 #298419

• thanks613
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Gold Boarder
Have you seen the page of Dov's talks under audio shiurim?
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.53 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes